PDA

View Full Version : Domenik Hixon injury opens up early opportunity for Randle, golden one for Barden

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 09:01 AM
http://www.giants101.com/2012/09/18/domenik-hixon-injury-opens-up-early-opportunity-for-rueben-randle-golden-one-for-ramses-barden/

Excerpt: "For the New York Giants (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york-giants/), one of the worst parts of Sunday's 41-34 victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was the concussion suffered by Domenik Hixon (http://www.giants101.com/tag/domenik-hixon/). Hixon missed practice on Monday and while we have no update other than that he's "questionable" for Thursday night's game against the Carolina Panthers, we'd presume the short week means it's unlikely he'll play.

And as is our unfortunate duty around here, let's take a look at how the Giants patch the hole. Next two guys up: Ramses Barden (http://www.giants101.com/tag/ramses-barden/) and Rueben Randle (http://www.giants101.com/tag/rueben-randle/)." Read more...

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Ramses had some nice catches against Tampa. As much as I want Randle to play, I'm rooting for Barden to take advantage of every opportunity he has. His size is just so valuable.

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 09:25 AM
If I were a betting man, I'd say Randle will step up before Barden. But as long as one, or both for that matter, step up, that's what counts.

miked1958
09-18-2012, 09:26 AM
that ball where eli through it slightly high and to his left just before halftime he prob should of caught. But when you have a guy 6"6 leaping to make a catch it is kinda high. However if he makes that catch the pick 6 never happens. That catch would have put us in FG Range and all Eli would have done then is take a shot or 2 at the endzone before going for the 3.

miked1958
09-18-2012, 09:28 AM
with that said, i agree that he still should get more of the reps. I think he could be the answer to a lot of our RedZone problems. to many times in the 1st two games we are having to settle for FGs. He is a HUGE target for Eli in the endzone using a back corner fade. Also with the emergence of Brown we can now punch it in around the goal line instead of getting stuffed in backfield

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 09:34 AM
with that said, i agree that he still should get more of the reps. I think he could be the answer to a lot of our RedZone problems. to many times in the 1st two games we are having to settle for FGs. He is a HUGE target for Eli in the endzone using a back corner fade. Also with the emergence of Brown we can now punch it in around the goal line instead of getting stuffed in backfield

Not trying to be a wet blanket, but he's been 6' 6" since he's been here and we're really still waiting for him to convert that size into points. As for Brown, punching it in, I'm still wondering if the change in OLine personnel had anything to do with Brown's success. I do see Brown as the "starter" on Thursday but I really hope the OLine had something to do with his success on Sunday.

Let's hope things are finally coming together on offense and that the secondary gets some help from Amukamara in Carolina.

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 09:35 AM
that ball where eli through it slightly high and to his left just before halftime he prob should of caught. But when you have a guy 6"6 leaping to make a catch it is kinda high. However if he makes that catch the pick 6 never happens. That catch would have put us in FG Range and all Eli would have done then is take a shot or 2 at the endzone before going for the 3.No way, that ball was way too high.

TheEnigma
09-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Randle is going to have a 50+ yards and 1 TD performance very soon. Just a gut feeling.

GMan-67
09-18-2012, 09:55 AM
it's gonna be Barden Thursday and one reason is the short week, but I would guess that moves Randle into Barden's role as 4th WR and he will see the field on offense and we'll probably try to hit something deep with him ... i know not a mystery, but still 1 v 1 he's got the talent

beyond that im hoping Hix will be better and cleared to play

another thing is we could chose to stay in 2 wide a little more often than usual, but that would depend on the matchups, etc.

oh and Hix being inactive opens the door for JJ to be active and since he brings a different skill set, look for him to get some snaps

GameTime
09-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Ramses had some nice catches against Tampa. As much as I want Randle to play, I'm rooting for Barden to take advantage of every opportunity he has. His size is just so valuable.
Barden had 1 catch vs the Bucs. Also he doesnT have to take advantage of his size he has to take advantage of his oportunities. Run the right routes and be where he is supposed to be. I hope he is able to make and impact. Ultimately I think Randle will be the much more successful NFL WR.

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Barden had 1 catch vs the Bucs. Also he doesnT have to take advantage of his size he has to take advantage of his oportunities. Run the right routes and be where he is supposed to be. I hope he is able to make and impact. Ultimately I think Randle will be the much more successful NFL WR.He only had 1 catch? Wow I must've been really drunk lol.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 10:14 AM
He only had 1 catch? Wow I must've been really drunk lol.

nice......:cool:

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Barden had 1 catch vs the Bucs. Also he doesnT have to take advantage of his size he has to take advantage of his oportunities. Run the right routes and be where he is supposed to be. I hope he is able to make and impact. Ultimately I think Randle will be the much more successful NFL WR.

Damn, I wish I had said that :confused:

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Damn, I wish I had said that :confused:I did say that, I just added in that his size is valuable. I thought Randle looked good during the preseason, I guess I was just rooting for the vet whose injuries cut his chances down.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 10:23 AM
I did say that, I just added in that his size is valuable. I thought Randle looked good during the preseason, I guess I was just rooting for the vet whose injuries cut his chances down.
yeah... I was on the Barden band wagon until this season. Always a sucker for a small school talent to shine in the NFL. IDK....maybe its me but he just doesnt seem to have the "it factor". Seems to lack the drive and desire. Of course I have no way of knowing this so its purely based on speculation.
But....on the other hand I am still a Pascoe fan and hope he becomes "Ballard like" to bookend with Bennet. So go figure...

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 10:25 AM
I did say that, I just added in that his size is valuable. I thought Randle looked good during the preseason, I guess I was just rooting for the vet whose injuries cut his chances down.

I'm just busting Game Times shoes

GameTime
09-18-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm just busting Game Times shoes
and here I thought you were praising my football accumen......:rolleyes:

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 10:40 AM
yeah... I was on the Barden band wagon until this season. Always a sucker for a small school talent to shine in the NFL. IDK....maybe its me but he just doesnt seem to have the "it factor". Seems to lack the drive and desire. Of course I have no way of knowing this so its purely based on speculation.
But....on the other hand I am still a Pascoe fan and hope he becomes "Ballard like" to bookend with Bennet. So go figure...It's a shame Ballard got away, I liked the guy. Rooting for Pascoe huh? I think he's gonna end up being more of a blocker than a pass catcher. You might be right about Barden and it'll be a shame because he has the size to be a dominant receiver but like you said... maybe not the drive or desire. When is Beckum coming back? He's still on the team right or is it something I didn't catch with him?

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 10:41 AM
and here I thought you were praising my football accumen......:rolleyes:Lol

GameTime
09-18-2012, 10:54 AM
It's a shame Ballard got away, I liked the guy. Rooting for Pascoe huh? I think he's gonna end up being more of a blocker than a pass catcher. You might be right about Barden and it'll be a shame because he has the size to be a dominant receiver but like you said... maybe not the drive or desire. When is Beckum coming back? He's still on the team right or is it something I didn't catch with him?

Yeah....rooting for Pascoe. I guess when he filled in at FB and showed a couple of flashes with some catches I thought he could be a 25 to 35 catch per season guy. Seemed like a team guy with attitude to get better. He has the size but I guess he is what he is and thats a blocker (maybe) and a 3rd string TE....
Beckum.....I have no use for and thought for sure they would have given him an injury settlement. Nothing personal with the guy just seems a waste of his time and the teams time....

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 11:21 AM
and here I thought you were praising my football accumen......:rolleyes:

OH, and that too :mad:

YATittle1962
09-18-2012, 11:23 AM

^^^this

ryan12
09-18-2012, 11:26 AM
If I were a betting man, I'd say Randle will step up before Barden. But as long as one, or both for that matter, step up, that's what counts.

agreed i think randle steps up before barden but i dont give **** if JJ steps up someone need 2

Toadofsteel
09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
It would definitely be nice if Barden shows up, but I think Randle will show up first. Barden will most likely be the #3 this week if Hixon can't go due to the coaches giving veterans the starting reps, but I've been waiting for 4 years for him to do something in the regular season, and I have been largely disappointed. Don't forget, Randle is 6'4"; no midget there either...

As for the run game, I'm just going to mention the elephant in the room: DD being injured may have saved our O-line. I love the guy for all his contributions over the years, don't get me wrong, but I think his place now isn't on our o-line, but in our Ring of Honor. He's been having to fend off Demarcus Ware two games every year for most of his career, which will wear down anyone (not to mention how the Skins and Eagles have beefed up their pass rush in the past couple of years to compete with ours) The aforementioned veteran preference and injuries to our Tackles the past couple of years kept him on the field. Seeing Beatty and Locklear (who isn't nearly as banged up having played on the Seahawks) on the field together for the first time makes me feel much better about our O-line and run game.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 11:36 AM
agreed i think randle steps up before barden but i dont give **** if JJ steps up someone need 2

who is JJ????

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 11:49 AM
who is JJ????

He's next year's wonder player

GameTime
09-18-2012, 11:50 AM
He's next year's wonder player
in like..." I wonder when the hell he is going to do something"....

like Barden, Moss, Beckum, etc......

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 11:53 AM
in like..." I wonder when the hell he is going to do something"....

like Barden, Moss, Beckum, etc......

You are now reading my mind, and you ruined my punch line thank you very ****ing much

GameTime
09-18-2012, 12:00 PM
You are now reading my mind, and you ruined my punch line thank you very ****ing much

dont know if I really want to be in there......lol

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 12:05 PM

Me too, but I'm stuck :o

giantsfan420
09-18-2012, 12:20 PM
i thought barden looked good vs tb, targeted twice and if the first was thrown better its an easy completion. after the missed pass eli signaled it was on him.
then that 24 yd reception, i thought barden recognized the coverage perfectly and sat in the opening perfectly. iirc, that play started a TD drive for us.

i have supported barden thru the years, he did test me this preseason, but i feel he can be a legit, viable option in the passing game. he certainly has talent, i hope he can finally utilze it in what could be his best opportunity to as a giant

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 12:23 PM
i thought barden looked good vs tb, targeted twice and if the first was thrown better its an easy completion. after the missed pass eli signaled it was on him.
then that 24 yd reception, i thought barden recognized the coverage perfectly and sat in the opening perfectly. iirc, that play started a TD drive for us.

i have supported barden thru the years, he did test me this preseason, but i feel he can be a legit, viable option in the passing game. he certainly has talent, i hope he can finally utilze it in what could be his best opportunity to as a giantCan you imagine if the light bulb just comes on for him? I'm just gonna be patient because I don't wanna be one of those fans who didn't support him once or if he gets it going.

fansince69
09-18-2012, 12:37 PM

My guess is there is plenty of room....lol

GameTime
09-18-2012, 12:38 PM
My guess is there is plenty of room....lol
nice burn....:D

nycisgreat
09-18-2012, 12:41 PM

I agree with you. I am rooting for Barden not because of size. I am rooting for him because the guy has a lot of potential. . The guy was a flat out manimal at Poly. He showed some glimmer of that in the NFL a couple of years ago, but If my memory serves me right, he broke his ankle making a really good play. I would like to see him Randell get some time on the field.