PDA

View Full Version : Jayron Hosley

NYGFaninILL
09-18-2012, 11:07 AM
He probably played better than any other corner on the field. He has some serious potential to be a pro-bowler sometime in his career.

gumby74
09-18-2012, 11:29 AM
He probably played better than any other corner on the field. He has some serious potential to be a pro-bowler sometime in his career.

I didn't hear his name called a whole lot. Better that than seeing the back of his jersey.

CowboysSuck
09-18-2012, 12:31 PM
I can't believe they rarely threw his way. He either covered amazingly or they respected him, both of which are great things for a rookie out of a late round.

giantsfan420
09-18-2012, 12:33 PM
i am stoked with him too but lets remember, we had tryon out there a bunch and coe too. qbs would prob rather test those 2 out, bc they havent been able to stop much, than hosely who had a preseason pick 6

GMAN2K9
09-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Hosley will be a lockdown ball hawking corner once he gets little more NFL experience under his belt

Led the ACC with 9 picks his sophomore year... and while fighting off nagging injuries last year QBs didnt bother throwing his way. He apparently was "bored" last year with the college skill level and decided to declare for draft.

He's already showing signs it was an excellent risk worth taking by the Giants / Reese.

TheEnigma
09-18-2012, 01:12 PM
The one thing I am hesitant about is the fact I think defenses want to go with the more sure thing right now and that's attacking the other cornerbacks right now who aren't playing that well. I mean, why attack Hosley when Webster has been playing like crap? I still think he's going to be a good player (and is so far) but I want to see him challenged more first.

ReiRiza
09-18-2012, 01:15 PM
I might be wrong, but I didn't hear his name called once in the last game.

G-MEN2007XLII
09-18-2012, 01:18 PM
I think it was more a matter of Vincent Jackson abusing Corey Webster, but Hosley must have been doing something right to avoid looks hes one of the players i am most excited about this year can't believe we got him in the 3rd round never knew height effected a players stock that much.

myles2424
09-18-2012, 01:47 PM
I think it was more a matter of Vincent Jackson abusing Corey Webster, but Hosley must have been doing something right to avoid looks hes one of the players i am most excited about this year can't believe we got him in the 3rd round never knew height effected a players stock that much.
I don't think height had much to do with it, he failed a drug test...

G-MEN2007XLII
09-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Ah didn't know that, still with all the players that test positive for marijuana each year in the NFL Its surprising that its even a factor any more.

CowboysSuck
09-18-2012, 02:05 PM

If I were scouting, this would have little to NO impact, depending on the drug. Heroin, crystal meth about the only 2 drugs I would not tolerate in an NFL athlete

Marijuana, maybe some crack/cocaine....these kids are in college and they WILL make bad choices. Its part of growing up.

myles2424
09-18-2012, 02:58 PM
If I were scouting, this would have little to NO impact, depending on the drug. Heroin, crystal meth about the only 2 drugs I would not tolerate in an NFL athlete

Marijuana, maybe some crack/cocaine....these kids are in college and they WILL make bad choices. Its part of growing up.
I agree, it's not marijuana that turns teams off...it's the fact that these guys spend years dreaming about & preparing for the combine/draft and know a drug test will happen, yet still show up with drugs in their system shows that they either don't care or aren't that bright.......regardless glad we got Hosley

B&RWarrior
09-18-2012, 03:09 PM
I said Hosely would be our second best/ best CB in the future in a post during the pre-season. Although to be fair to Webster, I think Hosely would have gotten burned by V. Jackson if he was on him all game. There might be 2 corner backs in the league that can stay with VJ on deep routes.

fansince69
09-18-2012, 03:12 PM
I agree, it's not marijuana that turns teams off...it's the fact that these guys spend years dreaming about & preparing for the combine/draft and know a drug test will happen, yet still show up with drugs in their system shows that they either don't care or aren't that bright.......regardless glad we got Hosley

Maybe he is not quite smart enough to know that you have to stop pot about 30 days before the test or get the magic drink.....

G-MEN2007XLII
09-18-2012, 03:15 PM
Maybe he is not quite smart enough to know that you have to stop pot about 30 days before the test or get the magic drink.....

exactly marijuana stays in your system longer than any other drug you could test positive for

Captain Chaos
09-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Can't wait to see how he matches up against Steve Smith this week, that should tell us tons about his make up!

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 09:55 PM

I'd have to agree since we didn't hear his name mentioned and he was out there a lot

drewz
09-18-2012, 10:08 PM
I said Hosely would be our second best/ best CB in the future in a post during the pre-season. Although to be fair to Webster, I think Hosely would have gotten burned by V. Jackson if he was on him all game. There might be 2 corner backs in the league that can stay with VJ on deep routes.

Interesting you say since on both routes that Vincent Jackson that was thrown too deep, Michael Coe was right there with him

rtr1105
09-18-2012, 11:07 PM
I noticed him a make a few tackles and didn't see the ball thrown his way too much. But I was at the game and whenever I'm there I get into it so much I don't pay too too much attention to player performances.

BigJ
09-18-2012, 11:58 PM
So I'm not trying to be the negative guy here, I actually really like Hosley and feel he can help us a lot more then our other corners we are using and I'm not in any way saying he is playing bad but this question has to be asked like I said I got nothing against Hosley but if he's playing so amazing. Y is he not starting opposite CWebb?? I mean I'd love for it to be Cwebb, Prince and Hosley. But Prince isn't out there... Y is Tyron and Coe still starting opposit and gettin burnt over Hosley??? How come he isn't gettin a shot if he is playin so great?

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 05:13 AM
uh hosely started vs tb...

dnotch121
09-19-2012, 07:43 AM
So I'm not trying to be the negative guy here, I actually really like Hosley and feel he can help us a lot more then our other corners we are using and I'm not in any way saying he is playing bad but this question has to be asked like I said I got nothing against Hosley but if he's playing so amazing. Y is he not starting opposite CWebb?? I mean I'd love for it to be Cwebb, Prince and Hosley. But Prince isn't out there... Y is Tyron and Coe still starting opposit and gettin burnt over Hosley??? How come he isn't gettin a shot if he is playin so great?

Well he is just coming back from an injury. Why risk being down 2 cb's when you can give that 1 some extra rest. In other words guys need to step up when their number is called.

GMAN2K9
09-19-2012, 02:08 PM

He's had 2 games man. Were you number 1 employee on your 2nd day?

The kid played very well and didnt have one ball thrown his direction. Mike Williams is not too shabby of a NFL receiver
Plus, Hosley had the most solo tackles on the team so he was cleaning up for others

By midseason stretch run Hosley will be staring opposite of CWeb

DVision
09-19-2012, 03:42 PM

You need to watch the game again. He DID start opposite Cwebb! He moved into the slot in the Nickel and then Coe played outside. I believe that has more to do with the other corners inability to play inside more so then Hosley's ability outside. He was on the field for 45+ plays.

BigJ
09-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Ok so like i said in the begining of my post I was not tryin to come off negative.......... I guess that didnt happen haha. I did miss some of that game actually so thats y i was asking.... and I do know he was out there. but didnt know he was startin because i seen Coe and Tyron on the outside more i feel.. Could be wrong let me know if i am. But 2 of u are telling me to chill its only his second and he came back from injury and 2 of u said he started so what is it guys??? and for the record i do think he is a good player and i actually think he'll wind up being better then Prince

BigBlueCrew22
09-19-2012, 11:31 PM
i believe it is good not to here the kids name fellas, you dont wanna hear corners names cuz that usually means he hasnt been thrown at, only time your going to hear a corners name is if he makes an open field, tackle, a pick, he gets blown away....if you dont hear his name thank god cuz that means nothing going on over on his island.

Fharcyde
09-20-2012, 03:53 PM
He's been very solid so far. You'd think opposing teams would like to pick on the rookie but it looks like they've had more fun making fools of special teams veterans like Coe and Tryon. I think he has the potential to be a long time starter for this team.