PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Hakeem Nicks, Ahmad Bradshaw, Domenik Hixon not practicing today

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 12:43 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/giants_hakeem_nicks_ahmad_brad_1.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "Today is the Giants' only day of full practice before they travel to Charlotte tomorrow and four players aren't participating.

RB Ahmad Bradshaw (neck), RT David Diehl (knee) and WR Domenik Hixon (concussion) all left Sunday's game due to injury and the three weren't at practice during the portion open to the media.

WR Hakeem Nicks (foot) was in attendance, but was riding a stationary bike. Nicks, who battled through obvious pain to catch 10 passes for 199 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, only practiced once last week (Thursday) and will likely be limited between games for the entire season.

On Monday, Tom Coughlin couldn't provide any details on Bradshaw and Hixon because the players had just reported to the training room. And he could only confirm that Diehl had an MCL injury. We'll know more when Coughlin addresses the media after practice at about 1:30 p.m." Read more...

FBomb
09-18-2012, 12:46 PM
eh....short week. Gotta heal up

GMan-67
09-18-2012, 12:49 PM
no surprises, thanks for the updates as always, Nicks is sore, but he will play

is there such a thing as a flak cleat? ... this is where i should close my Access database and invent something, but, well, happy hour 2nite :)

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 12:49 PM
eh....short week. Gotta heal up

Hixon is probably still asking what quarter is it??? :(

giantsforce
09-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Hixon is probably still asking what quarter is it??? :(I feel really bad for Hixon. Trying very hard for a come back after the knee injury and now this. Some players are not as lucky.

FBomb
09-18-2012, 01:22 PM

"Is this gonna be forever?"

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 01:32 PM
"Is this gonna be forever?"

Not having a full week to recover, I'm guessing only Nicks may play in Carolina

TheAnalyst
09-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Nicks will play. He finished vs the Bucs. He is a beast, playing through pain too. I dont expect the other 3 to be active. JJ will probably be on the roster for Hixon, with Barden in on the field for Hixon. As for Diehl, we actually played better without him. Scott will probably get the call to be active as well with Bradshaw sitting for this short week. Brown, Wilson and Scott, in that order for carries.

GLAD to see Hynoski is back practicing. Thought he was going to be out a while the way he landed. Looked bad.

Dwinsballgames
09-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Not having a full week to recover, I'm guessing only Nicks may play in Carolina

That's probably a pretty safe bet.

nycsportzfan
09-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Nicks just has to get through this game and then we don't play again untill the Sunday Nighter, which basically will be 11days away.. He'll gut it out and do some damage to CAR secondary..

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 02:24 PM
That's probably a pretty safe bet.

Where did I put that roll of quarters????

Toadofsteel
09-18-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm predicting that the starting lineup will have Beatty-Boothe-Baas-Snee-Locklear, with DD inactive. Brown will get starting carries, backed up by Wilson and Scott.

Wideouts active will be Nicks, Cruz, Barden, Randle, and Jernigan (though I think that while Barden starts, Randle will get his first real opportunity here). I'm not worried about the Hixon injury since it's not a season-ender (he'll be back) and wideout is one of the positions we haven't been depleted at yet.

Bradshaw always misses some games due to injury and Brown definitely stepped up in his absence on Sunday. DD being out improves our O-line, and I wouldn't be surprised that with Beatty back DD won't start anymore. I think Beatty and Locklear were meant to be our starting tackles for this season.

Hynocerous iirc just had the wind knocked out of him. He came back later in the game and I expect him to play against CAR.

I expect to see Prince on the field. Not gamebreaking for us the way Prince has been playing, but he's still a MASSIVE step up over Tryon, who is really a ST gunner and a CB-in-name-only.

Hopefully, Tuck and Osi will step up their game. I hope that Ojomo is healthy soon, as some rotation on the D-line could keep enough gas in the tank for those two guys to play their best when they're on the field. Also I hope Rivers gets healthy soon, he was one of the bright spots vs the Cowboys.

fansince69
09-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Where did I put that roll of quarters????

OH Thank god.....that is what's in your pocket

Nolan24
09-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Nicks will play. He finished vs the Bucs. He is a beast, playing through pain too. I dont expect the other 3 to be active. JJ will probably be on the roster for Hixon, with Barden in on the field for Hixon. As for Diehl, we actually played better without him. Scott will probably get the call to be active as well with Bradshaw sitting for this short week. Brown, Wilson and Scott, in that order for carries.

GLAD to see Hynoski is back practicing. Thought he was going to be out a while the way he landed. Looked bad.

that truly was impressive how Nicks would limp off the field, get back in there the next play and then make a huge catch two or three separate times in that 4th q. The guy is tough, i just love him. He will probably be barely practicing all season, like plax in 07-08, and keep making big plays.

I was also glad to see hynoski is ok, quietly a very valuable player on this roster

Captain Chaos
09-18-2012, 08:31 PM

He got his bell rung!