PDA

View Full Version : A look back at the Giants 41 - 34 win against the Buccaneers

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 01:29 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/a_look_back_at_the_giants_41-3.html

Excerpt: "The moment of relief came in the Giants’ post-game locker room.

They had just pulled off an impressive comeback in wild fashion (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/giants_bounce_back_from_error-.html#incart_river) to defeat the Buccaneers, 41-34, and coachTom Coughlin did not hide how proud he was of his players. He told them they could make the necessary corrections, as long as they keep playing with their hearts.

“The second half you did not believe you were out of it,” Coughlin said, via video posted on Giants.com (http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Weather_update_Buccaneers_Giants/ee952f26-2d85-4e7a-8153-5bd5b83d8a57), “and you won a football game that most would have said was gone.”

And then, as his players came in to break down the huddle, he said, “We are 1-1, now. Thank God.”

There you have it. The defending Super Bowl Giants were on the brink of starting their season 0-2, until a brilliant fourth quarter in which Eli Manning passed for 243 yards and the Giants scored 25 points. And yes, they were relieved." Read more...

GameTime
09-18-2012, 02:08 PM
the fourth quarter was fun to witness. I never had my doubts.....:confused:

B&RWarrior
09-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Pass defense is becoming a growing concern.

Diamondring
09-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Comeback win in fashion.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 02:14 PM
it was for much of last season too.....

primetime
09-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Pass rush is becoming a concern of mine, hard to cover guys when the d-line doesn't get pressure. Once the pass rush can be where we all expect it to be, I expect the secondary will play better.

Diamondring
09-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Pass defense is becoming a growing concern.It does not matter cause no team can have it both ways all of the time. Giants have the type of offense that can put up points. Giants just need to get some defenders next years Draft. Note that other teams design their offense to score a lot of points as well. There may be a time when there are hardly no defense able to stop offenses from scoring a lot.

NYG 4 Life
09-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Not sure if anyone has brought this up so I figured I would, I do not feel like the defense played as badly as other people on this board. If you only look at the fact that Tampa scored 34 points you would think that the defends played terribly, however at Elis is what allowed for 21 of those points. 7 points were scored on the pick 6 and 14 points when Eli gave them the ball to Tampa twice within like the 30 yard line. Granted the defense could have made a stand on one of those two possessions but most likely they would have both at least resulted in field goal attempts. Another 7 points were scored on the drive were Tampa tied the game after being held in check for pretty much the entire second half. ( when Eli was not giving Tampa a short field or free points) Tampa only scored 15 points not resulting from a turnover and only 6 if you do not include that possession when the D was trying to play prevent defense (which I hate).

Like I said I think the defense still needs to improve and the young corner backs have to step up but all in all I believe the defense played well in this game.