PDA

View Full Version : A Win vs Carolina could propel us

giantsfan420
09-18-2012, 02:31 PM
1-1 seems awesome after the first half on sunday. I was disappointed with the effort vs Dallas, and the first half vs TB. I stll dont think this team has even came close to playing their brand of ball to their ability.

A win vs Carolina could change that. We are coming off a 2nd half similar to last year vs STL in week 2. We carried that over to Philly and a nice little run. I believe this is a 10 plus win team. we just havent seen that team from the postseason yet. I think we see them more closer to that SB run team, than the first half vs TB.

Then we'd have a nice break for guys to get fresh, which we desperately need. We'll be another two weeks closer to gettng Canty back, (how badly he's been missed huh) and I think we can peel off a nice long win streak.

Carolina has a short week too dont forget that. I believe Eli will have an epic performance and help carry us while everyone gets up to speed.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 02:34 PM
It depends if they win and HOW they win.
I will take one win at a time and then move on.

giantsfan420
09-18-2012, 02:35 PM
oh very true. im just seeing how they looked 1rst and 2nd half, and compare that to last year vs STL, almost exact same situation. the team went on a nice run, and that 2nd half was the catlyst. hopefully the 2nd half vs TB gets everyone going full steam

egyptian420
09-18-2012, 02:39 PM
We need this win to right the ship. The ship being kind of wavey at the moment (Dallas loss.....damn near loss to Tampa)

FBomb
09-18-2012, 02:40 PM
I honestly think it's the same formula with the Giants every year and it will be no different this year.

The Giants always start slow and it turns around after they have THAT game.. I think the Bucs game was the "THAT" game this year.

Thank God because the THAT game last year wasn't until the Jets game. :o

TheAnalyst
09-18-2012, 02:46 PM
I honestly think it's the same formula with the Giants every year and it will be no different this year.

The Giants always start slow and it turns around after they have THAT game.. I think the Bucs game was the "THAT" game this year.

Nah, THAT game comes later in the season. I don't even think Week 6 vs SF is THAT game. THAT game will probably be GB week 12 or ATL week 15. Some serious wake up games toward the end of the year.

TheEnigma
09-18-2012, 02:49 PM
This is one of the few games I could care less about how we win but am more concerned with how healthy we leave Carolina. Really not a fan of the possibility of heading to the potential 3-0 Eagles with lots of starters injured.

egyptian420
09-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Nah, THAT game comes later in the season. I don't even think Week 6 vs SF is THAT game. THAT game will probably be GB week 12 or ATL week 15. Some serious wake up games toward the end of the year.+1... You beat me to it

egyptian420
09-18-2012, 02:52 PM
It depends if they win and HOW they win.
I will take one win at a time and then move on.you gotta update your avatar bro lol

GameTime
09-18-2012, 02:53 PM
you gotta update your avatar bro lol
just did....:)

egyptian420
09-18-2012, 02:55 PM
just did....:)lmao nice.....I love those, they get me in the game spirit

GameTime
09-18-2012, 02:56 PM
lmao nice.....I love those, they get me in the game spirit
cool....thanks....

Giantz4Life
09-18-2012, 02:57 PM
This is one of the few games I could care less about how we win but am more concerned with how healthy we leave Carolina. Really not a fan of the possibility of heading to the potential 3-0 Eagles with lots of starters injured.

+1. I have a bad feeling about this game being on the short week, but I hope I am wrong.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 02:57 PM
+1. I have a bad feeling about this game being on the short week, but I hope I am wrong.
they have a short week too....

Giantz4Life
09-18-2012, 03:03 PM
they have a short week too....

Indeed, but I just have a bad feeling about this game. Don't know why. Again I hope I am wrong.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Indeed, but I just have a bad feeling about this game. Don't know why. Again I hope I am wrong.
I have "bad" or "queasy" feeling before every Giants game. They dont often dominate and its usually a cardiac type of game.

TheEnigma
09-18-2012, 03:09 PM
I think this team has one dominate victory in them but not against Carolina. At this point, I think we have a better chance of doing that to the Saints or the easy choice of the Weeden led Browns.

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 03:13 PM

It almost seems like we plan tthat way.

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 03:14 PM
I have "bad" or "queasy" feeling before every Giants game. They dont often dominate and its usually a cardiac type of game.

The "every game is an adventure" feeling :rolleyes:

GameTime
09-18-2012, 03:15 PM
The "every game is an adventure" feeling :rolleyes:
good thing I have you on speed dial for my "during the game" pep talks and doses of optomism.....

TrueBlue@NYC
09-18-2012, 03:16 PM

You should have a worried feeling about this game, b/c the cards are kind of stacked against us with how this game is set-up.

1. We have traditionally not played well in prime time games, especially on the road.

2. We're going on the road on a short week to a team that's playing the second of back to back home games. i.e. Giants get one full day of practice, Panthers will have at least two full days which makes a big difference in game preparation.

3. We were at home on 10 days rest and barely eeked out a win against an inferior opponent.

4. Defense has looked bad, and CARs' offense can be very explosive.

I hope we win this game but I wouldn't put any money on it. It's just very tough to win in this situation.

Giantz4Life
09-18-2012, 03:20 PM
You should have a worried feeling about this game, b/c the cards are kind of stacked against us with how this game is set-up.

1. We have traditionally not played well in prime time games, especially on the road.

2. We're going on the road on a short week to a team that's playing the second of back to back home games. i.e. Giants get one full day of practice, Panthers will have at least two full days which makes a big difference in game preparation.

3. We were at home on 10 days rest and barely eeked out a win against an inferior opponent.

I hope we win this game but I wouldn't put any money on it. It's just very tough to win in this situation.

Yeah, a couple of those points were exactly in my line of thinking. Everyone is saying we will have no trouble containing Cam because we play Vick and Romo x2 a year (and now RG3) but I think that is BS. These types of QBs are the most difficult to predict and game plan for. I am really hoping we can force Cam to throw short and mid-range balls because I feel like that is his weakness and when he is most prone to throw a pick.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 03:21 PM

Carolina is 1 and 1.
The Giants didnt eek out a win. You dont eek out a win when the QB throws for over 500 yards. A close game and a come back win for sure but here was no "eeking"
the Giants offense can be very explosive
The Giants D does suck at times
The Giants have looked like crap coming off 10 days or even a bye. So it can be the same for any team.
They lost to the "inferior" team we beat
I dont see anything other than home field advantage being on the side of the Panthers...

TrueBlue@NYC
09-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Carolina is 1 and 1.
The Giants didnt eek out a win. You dont eek out a win when the QB throws for over 500 yards. A close game and a come back win for sure but here was no "eeking"
The Giants have looked like crap coming off 10 days or even a bye. So it can be the same for any team.
I dont see anything other than home field advantage being on the side of the Panthers...

- Being down until the last few minutes of the game and needing a final drive to win it is pretty much exactly what eeking out a win is. Even if your QB throws for 500 yards.

- You make a great point about us just beating TB, who previously beat CAR.

- Don't underestimate the impact of losing a game of preparation on a short week to travel, especially when the home team was at home the previous week, meaning they didn't have to travel at all.

Toadofsteel
09-18-2012, 03:42 PM

5. We have had trouble with mobile QB's before. Hopefully we've had enough practice to be able to contain him, but with the condition our secondary is in...

GameTime
09-18-2012, 03:44 PM
- Being down until the last few minutes of the game and needing a final drive to win it is pretty much exactly what eeking out a win is. Even if your QB throws for 500 yards.

- You make a great point about us just beating TB, who previously beat CAR.

- Don't underestimate the impact of losing a game of preparation on a short week to travel, especially when the home team was at home the previous week, meaning they didn't have to travel at all.
I hear you and I never underestimate anything when it comes to the Giants.

Drez
09-18-2012, 04:01 PM
they have a short week too....But, they don't have to travel. They essentially get an extra preparation day.

jakegibbs
09-18-2012, 04:03 PM
1-1 seems awesome after the first half on sunday. I was disappointed with the effort vs Dallas, and the first half vs TB. I stll dont think this team has even came close to playing their brand of ball to their ability.

A win vs Carolina could change that. We are coming off a 2nd half similar to last year vs STL in week 2. We carried that over to Philly and a nice little run. I believe this is a 10 plus win team. we just havent seen that team from the postseason yet. I think we see them more closer to that SB run team, than the first half vs TB.

Then we'd have a nice break for guys to get fresh, which we desperately need. We'll be another two weeks closer to gettng Canty back, (how badly he's been missed huh) and I think we can peel off a nice long win streak.

Carolina has a short week too dont forget that. I believe Eli will have an epic performance and help carry us while everyone gets up to speed.

If I've said this once I've said it 1000 times. The NYG football franchise will go as far as their defense will take them. Said it when they were 7-7 last year. Said it when they went into the playoffs & now I find myself saing it again. The D started playing a little better in the 2nd half last Sunday & when you give Eli & the offense more chances by forcing to stops & turnovers then the sky is the limit for this team. Has been this way ever since the 1950's. DEFENSE STILL WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. It's not that glaring anymore with all the rule changes but still it always comes down to a couple of defensive plays.

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Carolina is 1 and 1.
I dont see anything other than home field advantage being on the side of the Panthers...C'mon you should know that you can't say you'll beat a team because the team you just beat already defeated the team you're about to play(probably could've worded thIs better lol)... especially against a division rival in a week one matchup.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 12:59 AM
consider us propelled.