PDA

View Full Version : Oh yeah! I just remembered that was Bill we had 510 passing yards against.

njsean
09-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the memories Sheridan.

PRGiant
09-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Hahaha...

BlueSanta
09-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Hehe.... 510 yards and they had no sacks. Geeze its like 2009 all over again.

1 thing is for sure, if Osi does leave after this season when his contract is up, I think it a safe bet to assume he will not be playing for the Bucs. That is, unless Sheridan isnt there anymore.

hadenough
09-18-2012, 05:06 PM

Very good point....not sure why I was even worried if they would make a comeback.

ryan12
09-18-2012, 05:09 PM
**** osi he is lazy and doesnt play hard anymore. jr should have never given into him and paid him more money now he just doesnt care

JB456
09-18-2012, 05:23 PM
**** osi he is lazy and doesnt play hard anymore. jr should have never given into him and paid him more money now he just doesnt care

I agree with what you are saying but giving Osi a few extra bucks this year won't hurt the Giants in the long run.

Also, I have no idea why Osi is sandbagging it. This is a contract year for him and he won't get anything but vet minimum since he is playing like he is washed up.

YATittle1962
09-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Hehe.... 510 yards and they had no sacks. Geeze its like 2009 all over again.

1 thing is for sure, if Osi does leave after this season when his contract is up, I think it a safe bet to assume he will not be playing for the Bucs. That is, unless Sheridan isnt there anymore.

51 pass attempts and no sacks

Bing Crosby
09-18-2012, 05:26 PM
That's that old school, tough as nail, we play the entire 60 minutes defense I've heard so much about recently. Hard to doubt why so many people are in love with the Bucs now.

ReiRiza
09-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Suddenly the come back and 600+ yards of total offense isn't as impressive as I thought. Lol

Red Rum
09-18-2012, 07:19 PM
As a Buc fan, I am thoroughly disgusted with the loss. Congrats to the Giants for taking advantage of the opportunity, because at the end of the day we were completely OUT-COACHED in the second half. What I'm beginning to notice in both of our games (Panthers, Giants) is that this coaching staff is borderline pitiful when it comes to making in-game adjustments (particularly in the second-half of games).

I appreciate the attitude and attention to detail that Schiano has brought to the Bucs, but it's clear to me that he still has a lot to learn in his transition to Pro-Football and may even be too stubborn to learn it. I knew something wasn't quite right when Schiano said before the season began that he didn't believe in "half-time adjustments", and that they were only for "bathroom breaks".... (SMDH). Until someone drills into his head that this is not The National Rutgers Football League, I'm afraid that we will have a season full of fast starts and early leads blown in the second half.

Both Bucs' coordinators' execution (either by philosophy or ineptitude), are maddening to witness as a Buc fan. The OC is afraid to open up the deep passing game (even though we have the receivers to do so) and prefers to "squat" on leads too early. He's just not aggressive enough.

As far as our new DC... (puke)

We have good corners, but last time I checked none of them has the surname Revis. So why does he leave them alone on an island virtually all second half by blitzing almost every other down? We had more success against Eli with coverage defense wherein he had to slowly work his way down field and be more prone to mistakes. It would also burn more time off of the clock. But noooo, forget coverage D, let's blitz every freaking down and let Eli throw 80 yard bombs!

Receivers usually run short routes (like slants) when they recognize the blitz, but instead Cruz & Nicks were running posts and streaks. Shouldn't a DC recognize this pattern before the game gets out of hand and especially in the FOURTH QUARTER?

Sorry, I just had to rant. I'm not very impressed by this Sheridan guy...

njsean
09-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Suddenly the come back and 600+ yards of total offense isn't as impressive as I thought. Lol

I know, right? I'll still take it, but it feels like less of an accomplishment now.

Captain Chaos
09-18-2012, 09:30 PM
No slack!!! nice dig! Of course his team had the 3 ints!

SweetZombieJesus
09-18-2012, 09:56 PM

Maybe you don't know his history here, he was reviled...

Steve Spagnuolo was the DC in 07 and 08 and made the defense fearsome... Spags got tagged for the Rams top job and Sheridan was promoted, and that 2009 defense was terrible and players were revolting (Osi walked out of a meeting in camp in disgust). Going from a feared 12-4 in 08 to the disasterous 8-8 that was 09, somebody had to be a scapegoat and it was Sheridan... But it was not completely without merit.

Red Rum
09-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Maybe you don't know his history here, he was reviled...

Steve Spagnuolo was the DC in 07 and 08 and made the defense fearsome... Spags got tagged for the Rams top job and Sheridan was promoted, and that 2009 defense was terrible and players were revolting (Osi walked out of a meeting in camp in disgust). Going from a feared 12-4 in 08 to the disasterous 8-8 that was 09, somebody had to be a scapegoat and it was Sheridan... But it was not completely without merit.

Yeah, I'm beginning to see why...

appodictic
09-18-2012, 11:59 PM
As a Buc fan, I am thoroughly disgusted with the loss. Congrats to the Giants for taking advantage of the opportunity, because at the end of the day we were completely OUT-COACHED in the second half. What I'm beginning to notice in both of our games (Panthers, Giants) is that this coaching staff is borderline pitiful when it comes to making in-game adjustments (particularly in the second-half of games).

I appreciate the attitude and attention to detail that Schiano has brought to the Bucs, but it's clear to me that he still has a lot to learn in his transition to Pro-Football and may even be too stubborn to learn it. I knew something wasn't quite right when Schiano said before the season began that he didn't believe in "half-time adjustments", and that they were only for "bathroom breaks".... (SMDH). Until someone drills into his head that this is not The National Rutgers Football League, I'm afraid that we will have a season full of fast starts and early leads blown in the second half.

Both Bucs' coordinators' execution (either by philosophy or ineptitude), are maddening to witness as a Buc fan. The OC is afraid to open up the deep passing game (even though we have the receivers to do so) and prefers to "squat" on leads too early. He's just not aggressive enough.

We have good corners, but last time I checked none of them has the surname Revis. So why does he leave them alone on an island virtually all second half by blitzing almost every other down? We had more success against Eli with coverage defense wherein he had to slowly work his way down field and be more prone to mistakes. It would also burn more time off of the clock. But noooo, forget coverage D, let's blitz every freaking down and let Eli throw 80 yard bombs!

Receivers usually run short routes (like slants) when they recognize the blitz, but instead Cruz & Nicks were running posts and streaks. Shouldn't a DC recognize this pattern before the game gets out of hand and especially in the FOURTH QUARTER?

Yes. The bucs were not aggressive enough, or did not execute well enough. With a 14 point cushion they should have been able to close the game out. I felt that got a bit conservative and started playing safe.

CowboysSuck
09-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Did Sheridan get his way down there? Meaning, is he up in the booth drinking sodas an eating candy?

Or does Schiano actually make him do his job and call plays from the sideline?

BurnerNYG
09-19-2012, 03:00 AM
How does a bum coach like Sheridan get another chance in the NFL? Him and Norv Turner must be related.

B-Red22
09-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Maybe the Bucs can pick up CC Brown and improve the secondary?? :D

Kruunch
09-19-2012, 08:40 AM
No slack!!! nice dig! Of course his team had the 3 ints!

Eli was getting bored ... he had to entertain himself.

Toadofsteel
09-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Eli was getting bored ... he had to entertain himself.

If he keeps it up he won't have a fanbase anymore... because all of us here will have been hit with coronaries.

Kruunch
09-19-2012, 09:28 AM
If he keeps it up he won't have a fanbase anymore... because all of us here will have been hit with coronaries.

Having survived last season, I'm fairly certain I'm immortal.

bigblue58
09-19-2012, 10:03 AM

You have to wonder how someone could look at his disaster with the Giants and still think he was qualified for the job!
I'd sure like to know his job interview secrets.

Kruunch
09-19-2012, 10:24 AM
You have to wonder how someone could look at his disaster with the Giants and still think he was qualified for the job!
I'd sure like to know his job interview secrets.

As a position coach he's rock solid. Just someone who is stronger in the techniques of the game rather than the strategies (sort of like some really good coordinators who aren't quite cut out to head coach (Norv Turner, Wade Philips, etc ...)).

GMENAGAIN
09-19-2012, 10:39 AM

What did you expect your record to be after two games?