PDA

View Full Version : Giants dealing with key injuries

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 04:37 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/09/giants_dealing_with_key_injuri.html#incart_river

Excerpt: "With only three days between their Week 2 win against the Buccaneers on Sunday and their Week 3 date with the Panthers in Charlotte, there isn't much time for the Giants to recuperate. And they could sure use more time.

Ahmad Bradshaw (neck), Domenik Hixon (concussion) and David Diehl (knee) all didn't practice this week and although Tom Coughlin was short on details today he did indicate their chances of playing Thursday are slim.

"We're holding out against all odds that they're going to feel better, but we're taking it day-to-day," Coughlin said when asked about Hixon and Diehl's status." Read more...

TheAnalyst
09-18-2012, 04:40 PM
Giants dealing with key injuries.....

In other news, the sun will come up tomorrow lol

Next man up. Brown, Beatty, Barden, Randle, Wilson, Locklear all need to step up

GMan-67
09-18-2012, 05:16 PM
bad news, but we knew as we watched and it could be worse

we can survive these, we havent survived the Prince + TT combo, but stay tuned

G-MEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JesseJames
09-18-2012, 05:29 PM
the swinging door we have right now at RCB is what scares me...

tonyt830
09-18-2012, 05:37 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to know what's the severity of the injuries to Diehl and Bradshaw? I know Hixon has a concussion, but is it some kind of secret that Coughlin and/or the medical staff is not saying what the respective MRIs showed for Bradshaw and Diehl? Does Bradshaw have a sprained neck? something more? Is Diehl's MCL injury, a sprain? partial tear?

Regardless I feel confident enough in Brown to carry the load at RB along with Wilson and Scott for this game. As for Diehl, let him rest. I think Locklear and Beatty can hold the fort at the tackle positions. Even those this is a short week for the Gmen, it would give Bradshaw and Diehl more time to rest up before the Eagles.

53canton
09-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Why do we get stuck with these damn weekday games anyway?!?! 4 days between games is rediculous for any team!!

The NFL was meant for Sundays and MNF!!

Rat_bastich
09-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Hixon has to be really kicking himself. The last time he went down with an injury, Cruz came up big. I wish the guy could catch a break. At least it's not career ending.

Bradshaw I am not too worried about. Brown can be the catalyst. His style is more punishing and I think he and Wilson can produce together better.

Diehl has meant alot to the organization for awhile, however I would be concerned no matter how small a tear he has is. This may be the opportunity for someone to grab the bull by the horns. Maybe someone that didn't do all that well in the preseason all of a sudden shows up.

Laurah1275
09-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Why do we get stuck with these damn weekday games anyway?!?! 4 days between games is rediculous for any team!!

The NFL was meant for Sundays and MNF!!I agree, it is completely REDiculous for any team...hehehe sorry it just stood out so much to me :)...you are right though, not enough time for chicken soup and bandages. ;)

GMan-67
09-18-2012, 05:58 PM

cause we da' Champs, i know many have forgotten that, but WE ARE, now i agree with you, it's rough ... young, angry Carolina waiting on us, waiting on National TV, AT HOME, but you know what ... they will have a lead, i almost hate to guarantee that, but WE WILL COME BACK !!!

G-MEN!!!!

Buddy333
09-18-2012, 06:01 PM
I want everyone healthy but the offense put up 600+ yards of offense and 41 points on the board.

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 06:13 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to know what's the severity of the injuries to Diehl and Bradshaw? I know Hixon has a concussion, but is it some kind of secret that Coughlin and/or the medical staff is not saying what the respective MRIs showed for Bradshaw and Diehl? Does Bradshaw have a sprained neck? something more? Is Diehl's MCL injury, a sprain? partial tear?

Regardless I feel confident enough in Brown to carry the load at RB along with Wilson and Scott for this game. As for Diehl, let him rest. I think Locklear and Beatty can hold the fort at the tackle positions. Even those this is a short week for the Gmen, it would give Bradshaw and Diehl more time to rest up before the Eagles.

Diehl has a second degree torn MCL that will not require surgery. Time lost expected to be between 4 and 6 weeks. Haven't see the report on Bradshaw yet.

TheAnalyst
09-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Well, I say rest whoever isnt 100%. We have a huge Eagles game after this one.

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 06:26 PM
the swinging door we have right now at RCB is what scares me...

I'd like to see Will Hill get some snaps

Buddy333
09-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Yeah I've mentioned Hill a couple of times myself. I think he is more than just a nice story. He is a very good athlete and was a good player in college. He sounds like he is focused and hungry.

fourth&forever
09-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Already in mid-season form with the injury list. sigh...
Hope these hamstrings heal up. Rivers in particular.

BlueSanta
09-18-2012, 07:35 PM

Everyone who plays on a thursday game deals with it. We had a long break from openning game to Sunday and this is the cost.

Captain Chaos
09-18-2012, 08:28 PM
You know understand; but that second half comeback occurred without any of them. Not that I don't want them back, just not as concerned as if someone like Hakeem or Cruz or JPP were out!

tonyt830
09-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Diehl has a second degree torn MCL that will not require surgery. Time lost expected to be between 4 and 6 weeks. Haven't see the report on Bradshaw yet.Thanks Roanoke! You're the man! Not happy about that news, just glad to hear what the actual injury was. I did not see any reports from the articles I did read.

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Thanks Roanoke! You're the man! Not happy about that news, just glad to hear what the actual injury was. I did not see any reports from the articles I did read.

No word still on Bradshaw, maybe tomorrow if TC has his Wednesday afternoon conference call

miked1958
09-18-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to know what's the severity of the injuries to Diehl and Bradshaw? I know Hixon has a concussion, but is it some kind of secret that Coughlin and/or the medical staff is not saying what the respective MRIs showed for Bradshaw and Diehl? Does Bradshaw have a sprained neck? something more? Is Diehl's MCL injury, a sprain? partial tear?Regardless I feel confident enough in Brown to carry the load at RB along with Wilson and Scott for this game. As for Diehl, let him rest. I think Locklear and Beatty can hold the fort at the tackle positions. Even those this is a short week for the Gmen, it would give Bradshaw and Diehl more time to rest up before the Eagles.Diehl's injury was to his MCL and would not require surgery. Just rest. About 4 weeks or so

Morehead State
09-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Well we put up 41 points and 600 yards, mostly without those guys so........

SweetZombieJesus
09-18-2012, 09:35 PM

I agree, but NFL Network now has a Thursday night game throughout the entire season... I think every team has to suffer this 4 day turnaround during the course of the season.

byron
09-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Well we put up 41 points and 600 yards, mostly without those guys so........ yeah buts thats because Tampa decided to wait till the last play of the game to play hard....