PDA

View Full Version : Bucs @ Giants Game Replay Tonight @ 8 on NFL Network

GMEN023
09-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know in case anyone wanted to relive the crazy game... with a little less stress.

Hakeeeem88
09-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

Rudyy
09-18-2012, 06:20 PM
I'll get all worked up anyway for the heck of it.

Nolan24
09-18-2012, 07:24 PM
I'll get all worked up anyway for the heck of it.

LOL

i'm gonna DVR it. I watched the game at a sports bar (thankfully full of giants fans) and it got pretty loud and crazy in the 4th quarter as you could imagine. It will be nice to watch it in the comforts of home.

NFLN does a good job with these replays too

GMEN023
09-18-2012, 08:04 PM
LOL

i'm gonna DVR it. I watched the game at a sports bar (thankfully full of giants fans) and it got pretty loud and crazy in the 4th quarter as you could imagine. It will be nice to watch it in the comforts of home.

NFLN does a good job with these replays too

Yeah makes you think with the passing of Steve Sabol. Without him we would not be able to watch these replays after the initial game. Heck NFLN probably wouldn't exisit without him. Makes you appreciate him more. May he rest in peace.

brad
09-18-2012, 08:06 PM
I will wait until the second half to turn it on :)

FranklinsTower
09-18-2012, 08:43 PM
I hope FOX or NFL Films got some good audio of the "hand shake"

Captain Chaos
09-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks!

Black
09-18-2012, 09:41 PM
if only time warner would get nfl network. fml

miked1958
09-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Wow. Didn't realize AB was that wide open on the Beatty play. Eli rolled out to that side. No excuse missing him. He should have been first option. I don't remember what game it was we lost last yr. but there was a similar play where we could of won the game and AB came out of backfield and was wide open and would of walked in and Eli didn't see him.

B-Red22
09-19-2012, 08:05 AM
dvr'ed it yesterday before i went to bed, cant wait to watch it when i get off work today.

miked1958
09-19-2012, 08:12 AM
dvr'ed it yesterday before i went to bed, cant wait to watch it when i get off work today.You won't be disappointed. Very well done. And I like how they have that nfl Cam with the reverse angle of the plays

B-Red22
09-19-2012, 08:23 AM
You won't be disappointed. Very well done. And I like how they have that nfl Cam with the reverse angle of the plays

Ya wanted to watch it yesterday but when you work at 3AM you got to try and go to bed early lol

TheAnalyst
09-19-2012, 09:04 AM
It was ok. Funny thing is though, they only have audio from the Bucs sideline. Wonder why the Giants didn't get recorded audio... You know.... The defending superbowl champs? Oh well.

I still got frustrated watching all the holding that didnt get called. Nicks was help, Cruz was held, the dline was held... nothing. Big plays too. Our DBs and OL need to watch what has been being called and hold as well. Wonder if any of the refs had any bucs on their fantasty teams or bet on the spread...

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Watched it...got really pissed off all over again even though I knew what was coming...then got really excited even though I knew what was coming! It was great! Loved seeing Cruuuuuuz and Nicks abuse Talib and Barber!

ashleymarie
09-19-2012, 09:25 AM
I hope FOX or NFL Films got some good audio of the "hand shake"

No audio of it.

miked1958
09-19-2012, 10:04 AM
It was ok. Funny thing is though, they only have audio from the Bucs sideline. Wonder why the Giants didn't get recorded audio... You know.... The defending superbowl champs? Oh well.

I still got frustrated watching all the holding that didnt get called. Nicks was help, Cruz was held, the dline was held... nothing. Big plays too. Our DBs and OL need to watch what has been being called and hold as well. Wonder if any of the refs had any bucs on their fantasty teams or bet on the spread...Well one of the main reasons the Giants Fearsome Passrush hasnt really even sniffed the QB this year is due to the OLine realizing that holding is hardly being call if at all. So what was once a NASCAR Pass Rush has now been reduced to a bunch of guys rushing in and getting bear hugged until the QB throws the ball.

Same on the other side of the ball. Our WRs will continue to be held and bumped after 5 yards until we get the regular refs back. these replacement Refs have made it clear that is not something they will drop the flag for. So we have to live with it and adapt. More passes out of the flat to AB, DW, AB, Pascoe, Hynoski, etc. More passes to Barden seeing cruz and nicks will not only be held but drew double teams. our OLine and DBs have to start doing the same thing to the oppsing teams that they are doing to us until such time that the refs start flagging people

miked1958
09-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Wow. Didn't realize AB was that wide open on the Beatty play. Eli rolled out to that side. No excuse missing him. He should have been first option. I don't remember what game it was we lost last yr. but there was a similar play where we could of won the game and AB came out of backfield and was wide open and would of walked in and Eli didn't see him.I know this has been discussed in other threads but man, i didnt realize just how wide open AB was. And its not like Eli rolled to the opposite side of the field. He was right there plain as day with no one within 8 yards of him standing alone in the endzone. Easy six. just had to toss it to him. Should of had 500+ and 4tds min.

GameTime
09-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Wow. Didn't realize AB was that wide open on the Beatty play. Eli rolled out to that side. No excuse missing him. He should have been first option. I don't remember what game it was we lost last yr. but there was a similar play where we could of won the game and AB came out of backfield and was wide open and would of walked in and Eli didn't see him.

Yeah...Eli missed that but Beatty was also wide open and Eli threw too high.

TheAnalyst
09-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Eli actually said it was something they practiced and the first read was Bradshaw but he was covered for the first second, then his second read is the LT coming across who would be wide open. He went through his progression, but yeah, Bradshaw busted wide open if he gave him a second look.

burier
09-19-2012, 11:02 AM
So I finally saw the game for first time on Replay.

I want to address Eli's three INTs because some people were talking like Eli was playing terrible or something...Not the case.

The first interception was the same type of interception every QB falls victim to from time to time. If you play Madden you've fallen victim to it time and time again.

You think you can drop the ball over the inside backer's head and he yanks the ball on you. Good play by the backer. On that INT im willing to brush myself off and keep it moving.

The second INT would have never been an INT if Victor Cruz isn't held on the play. Don't know how Eli takes any blame on that INT. That one was on the refs.

The third INT was again a great play by the defender. Eli reads blitz and CORRECTLY throws the ball into the blitz. I don't know that the defender bailed on the blitz as much as he just didn't get there and noticed a ball coming at him. Eli didn't stare anything down or any other nonsense I've heard. The ball was supposed to go right passed the blitzing defender for a completion and instead the guy pulled up for an INT. Good play by him. And props to Eli for hustling back to try to keep the guy out of the endzone.

The other thing I kept hearing about is how Eli MISSED Bradshaw in the endzone. Funny because when I saw the pay it looked like Eli hit an open Beatty damn near in the face with the ball and Beatty dropped it. Should he have thrown it to Bradshaw? Perhaps. Should Beatty have caught and easy TD pass? DEFINATELY.

Edit: I hate to do it but I have to get on Justin Tuck again. I kept hearing about how Tuck wasn't invisible and he was "Holding contain". Ummmm 2 things:

1) If what Tuck was doing was holding contain then me and my old D-coordinator need to have a talk.

2) I don't know about you guys but I expect more from a star player and captain than merely playing place holder. He doesn't play in the backfield enough. He doesn't play fast enough and he doesn't play with enough intensity.

jax5338
09-19-2012, 12:27 PM

I want to address Eli's three INTs because some people were talking like Eli was playing terrible or something...Not the case.

The first interception was the same type of interception every QB falls victim to from time to time. If you play Madden you've fallen victim to it time and time again.

You think you can drop the ball over the inside backer's head and he yanks the ball on you. Good play by the backer. On that INT im willing to brush myself off and keep it moving.

The second INT would have never been an INT if Victor Cruz isn't held on the play. Don't know how Eli takes any blame on that INT. That one was on the refs.

The third INT was again a great play by the defender. Eli reads blitz and CORRECTLY throws the ball into the blitz. I don't know that the defender bailed on the blitz as much as he just didn't get there and noticed a ball coming at him. Eli didn't stare anything down or any other nonsense I've heard. The ball was supposed to go right passed the blitzing defender for a completion and instead the guy pulled up for an INT. Good play by him. And props to Eli for hustling back to try to keep the guy out of the endzone.

The other thing I kept hearing about is how Eli MISSED Bradshaw in the endzone. Funny because when I saw the pay it looked like Eli hit an open Beatty damn near in the face with the ball and Beatty dropped it. Should he have thrown it to Bradshaw? Perhaps. Should Beatty have caught and easy TD pass? DEFINATELY.

Edit: I hate to do it but I have to get on Justin Tuck again. I kept hearing about how Tuck wasn't invisible and he was "Holding contain". Ummmm 2 things:

1) If what Tuck was doing was holding contain then me and my old D-coordinator need to have a talk.

2) I don't know about you guys but I expect more from a star player and captain than merely playing place holder. He doesn't play in the backfield enough. He doesn't play fast enough and he doesn't play with enough intensity.

agree with the part about beatty. he was just as open as bradshaw. some might say why would you throw it to beatty over bradshaw, but i mean if they are sending him out for a pass he should be at least able to catch an easy short throw. if eli sees him open first he is gonna throw him the ball and that's what happened and beatty looked liek my 6 year old cousin trying to catch it.

TheAnalyst
09-19-2012, 01:33 PM

Ive looked at all 3 INTs over and over, and slow on the DVR. All 3 were bad passes. The one over the middle where the LB picked it off was short to Bennett. You can see MB going to his knees to scoop it up. It was also a great read by the LB though, not discrediting him. The 2nd INT was overthrown. Cruz, even if he wasnt being held, would not of gotten there. MAYBE, if he timed a perfect jump, he could get his finger tips on it to knock it down, but it was well overthrown by Eli. The 3rd INT was great defense by #21. He faked the blitz and Eli went to the hot route, Cruz slant. The issue was the blitzer pulled back the last second and Eli didnt see it in time.

With that said, eli had a few passes earlier in the game that were dropped. Perfect passes, 2 of which would of been TDs.

burier
09-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Ive looked at all 3 INTs over and over, and slow on the DVR. All 3 were bad passes. The one over the middle where the LB picked it off was short to Bennett. You can see MB going to his knees to scoop it up. It was also a great read by the LB though, not discrediting him. The 2nd INT was overthrown. Cruz, even if he wasnt being held, would not of gotten there. MAYBE, if he timed a perfect jump, he could get his finger tips on it to knock it down, but it was well overthrown by Eli. The 3rd INT was great defense by #21. He faked the blitz and Eli went to the hot route, Cruz slant. The issue was the blitzer pulled back the last second and Eli didnt see it in time.

With that said, eli had a few passes earlier in the game that were dropped. Perfect passes, 2 of which would of been TDs.

I won't argue with you on the first int...I'm just saying it was good defensive play.

On the 2nd 1. To me it doesn't matter if the ball was a little overthrown because a flag should have been thrown resulting in a automatic first down.

We agree on the 3rd int.

We also agree that Eli was dropping dimes all game long those three plays not withstanding.