PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone worried about our pass rush? I'm shocked at how poorly we're performing...

NYG4lifeNYK
09-18-2012, 07:57 PM
We are getting zero pressure for the second straight week.

Every season we always take a guess on how many sacks we will amount and each year it's a ridiculous high number because of the talent on the line... where is Tuck? Osi? Tracy?

I'm a little worried.... if we cannot generate a pass rush our back end will need to perform much much better.

Teams are scoring at will against us.

Tryon is STILL on the field....

krygny
09-18-2012, 08:06 PM
The pass rush will come. This happens every once in a while; the rush disappears for a game or two. I think it part of game-planning. They turn it on when the want to.

I like the fact that the O-line did open up some holes for Brown. Yes, he found the holes but at least they were there.

OX1
09-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Between the unlimited offensive holding and QB's just getting better (overall leaguewide), it is going to suffer.

TheEnigma
09-18-2012, 08:14 PM
I see at least one player apply pressure on the QB a good amount of times but there's rarely anyone else there to take advantage of it and then cause the sack.

Quite frankly, I could care less about sacks as long as the pressure is good enough to cause constant incompletions or a few more interceptions.

TrueBlue@NYC
09-18-2012, 08:18 PM
During the DAL game the lack of rush was b/c of game planning (i.e. romo got rid of the ball very quickly) and Romo getting outside the pocket when the DL lost their rush lanes (which happended alot). The problem was that the coverage was so bad that what would normally be a 5 yard quick slant turned into 10-15 gains everytime.

TB was more of a concern for me. Freeman is a statue, so the DL had more freedom in how they rushed, and Freeman held the ball for quite a bit, especially at the end of the game, and there still wasn't much of a rush, even when we blitzed.

The Tryon helmet catch only happens because Freeman had an eternity in the pocket. Osi and Tuck were not winning their 1 on 1 battles.

rainierjef
09-18-2012, 08:18 PM
I see at least one player apply pressure on the QB a good amount of times but there's rarely anyone else there to take advantage of it and then cause the sack.

Quite frankly, I could care less about sacks as long as the pressure is good enough to cause constant incompletions or a few more interceptions.

As long as they get their hands up, Interrupt the passing lanes, QB contain, and push the line hurrying up the QB. then sacks are nice, but not necessary.

slipknottin
09-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Well Tracy hasent played. But I think its time for Tracy and Ojomo to get some snaps. Osi and Tuck dont have a QB hit between them

Hooligans
09-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Where's Spags when you need him!

BParcells777
09-18-2012, 09:03 PM
We are not rushing more that 4 and the league has reverted to 1970's holding rules

Hooligans
09-18-2012, 09:12 PM
We are not rushing more that 4 and the league has reverted to 1970's holding rules

Silly Excuses...other teams do it and succeed.

nycsportzfan
09-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Welp, OSI is getting older, and a guy who never really had a ton of power, which is something that lasts alot longer thenn agility, Speed, and finesse.. So, he could easiliy be losing a step and Tuck isn't a spring chicken.. I'm sure the pressure will pick up, but for 2 of our DE's, they have been around awhile, adn there best days are behind them.. Thats exactly why i think we'll draft another DE if theres a good one available in the 1st couple rds of next yrs draft..

nhpgiantsfan
09-18-2012, 09:16 PM
I wonder if they miss Canty pushing up the middle forcing the QB into the arms of one of the DE's

Captain Chaos
09-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Well Tracy hasent played. But I think its time for Tracy and Ojomo to get some snaps. Osi and Tuck dont have a QB hit between them

Tracy actually did play...That said, I think it may have something to do with CBs giving too much space to the receivers off the line, A la what Corey Webster was saying. They tighten that up and give the big men some time and I think they will come!

slipknottin
09-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Tracy actually did play...

I watched the game a couple times, never saw him on the field.

jaxnygmen
09-18-2012, 10:21 PM
It needs to get better. I think maybe they should mix it up more. Run more stunts, maybe line OSI and JPP on the same side. etc.

carlton5127@msn.com
09-18-2012, 10:25 PM
I still say Tuck is Overrated, and a bit lazy......He just doesn't have the motor anymore!

NYG4lifeNYK
09-18-2012, 10:31 PM
I wonder if they miss Canty pushing up the middle forcing the QB into the arms of one of the DE's

I knew we would miss canty that was obvious as far as I was concerned.

A lot of people think he's overrated. I would love to have Canty / Joseph in the middle... my God.....

nycisgreat
09-18-2012, 10:32 PM

Every season we always take a guess on how many sacks we will amount and each year it's a ridiculous high number because of the talent on the line... where is Tuck? Osi? Tracy?

I'm a little worried.... if we cannot generate a pass rush our back end will need to perform much much better.

Our DE's are getting double being our tackles are playing that well.

Mlerman17
09-18-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm worried to a certain extend but I have seen them get absolutely no pressure for stretches and always rebound. Hopefully we improve on Thursday.

rtr1105
09-18-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm getting worried. Pierre-Paul had a pretty good game vs. Tampa, but the everyone else has been non-existent. I've barely even noticed Osi at all in the first two games.

Antwuan
09-18-2012, 11:33 PM

Only a little bit Tuck & Osi still have no sacks.

But im more worried about the secordary though.

SackingMyths
09-18-2012, 11:54 PM
I watched the game a couple times, never saw him on the field.

I think Tracy was the one who forced the fumble on the kickoff that TB ended up recovering. But outside of that I didn't see him get any defensive snaps either...

mike kennedy
09-19-2012, 12:01 AM
It will show up soon.

Buddy333
09-19-2012, 12:02 AM
TC mentioned that teams are doing things quicker to avoid the pass rush. In the 1st game WR's where so wide open so fast they never had a chance. The secondary has been the biggest issue. Yeah, there where a couple of times that he QB had all day but that will happen. Tampa does have a good OL on top of it.

Toadofsteel
09-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Our secondary has atrophied to the point where QBs can get a quick slant off out of the shotgun before the DE's can physically cover the distance, even if there was no OL in their way...