PDA

View Full Version : Cam Newton Runs the Option and Runs it well- much more dangerous than the Wildcat

BParcells777
09-18-2012, 10:17 PM
This is kind of exciting as I always wondered if this College offense would work in the stuffy old NFL.

This is far more dangerous than the Wildcat, which is more of a direct snap run or pass formation

The way to defeat it is to bring the house but we rarely do that.........this is going to put a ton of pressure on our LBers and DBs

We might have to outscore these guys as our DC is not the most adaptable guy in the universe.

I think we will win but I think it might be a high scoring game

rtr1105
09-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Seems like something that would beat us. Once anyone gets moving outside the pocket against our front seven it seems impossible to bring them down.

bbdynasty
09-18-2012, 10:30 PM
we'll have kiwanuka on qb watch, or else rush a linebacker (chase?) and drop umenyiora or tuck and have them qb spy and watch the flats as well

BParcells777
09-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Yes it worries me...............thank goodness the other 52 guys are not going to knock your socks off

BParcells777
09-18-2012, 10:32 PM
we'll have kiwanuka on qb watch, or else rush a linebacker (chase?) and drop umenyiora or tuck and have them qb spy and watch the flats as well

the problem is the guy will pitch it out to the RB if he sees he's being targeted.......and he's damm good at it......not to mention his ability to throw the ball
He's a handfull