PDA

View Full Version : Carolina is dangerous!

thegiantsrule10
09-18-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm a big panthers fan and i always watch their games and as much as they have angered me with their sucking, the talent they have this year is scary. The weapons they have is ridiculous and their offensive coordinator is a very smart, creative man. If we cant force cam to have to stay in the pocket and we cant shut down their running game there's no way in my honest opinion we can win and it pains me to say that because i'm a die hard giants fan as well.

BParcells777
09-18-2012, 10:51 PM
huh? you cannot be two different fans

who are you rooting for?

Enlighten me....who is all this talent? What are their names?

Martin 2
09-18-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm a big panthers fan and i always watch their games and as much as they have angered me with their sucking, the talent they have this year is scary. The weapons they have is ridiculous and their offensive coordinator is a very smart, creative man. If we cant force cam to have to stay in the pocket and we cant shut down their running game there's no way in my honest opinion we can win and it pains me to say that because i'm a die hard giants fan as well.

Historically the Giants have had trouble with elusive QB's. (see randal cunningham)
The Giants have to keep Cam in the pocket (duh)

But they do have a good running game and lots of weapons.

The Giants need to pressure the QB without getting out of their lanes
and giving him running room.

This is yet another tuff game for the G-men with many others waiting in the wings.

The key is to keep Cam and company off the field as much as possible
with long drives. Lets hope the oline and brown can continue with a good running game.

The Giants D will be tested on Thurs

Buddy333
09-18-2012, 10:57 PM
The good news for the Giants is that they play Vick twice a year so they know how to contain the QB. They will also need to do so two more times this year with RG3.

ashleymarie
09-18-2012, 10:59 PM
I've been worried over the Panthers. Ironically, it was the cowcakes I wasn't worried about. Silly me! :)

Rudyy
09-18-2012, 11:00 PM
If anything, I'm concerned with the secondary. We really need to stop giving up all these points. If the secondary doesn't find a way to play better, it's only going to get worse IMO because of our schedule.

Buddy333
09-18-2012, 11:03 PM
This past game 21 points came off TO's with a TD being a pick 6.

thegiantsrule10
09-18-2012, 11:04 PM
BParcells777
I'm rooting for the giants and to name some of the talent they have is easy cam newton, Steve smith, Greg Olsen, Brandon lafell, Deangelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Mike tolbert, and that's just some of them on offence.

Panthers527
09-18-2012, 11:05 PM
What up G-Men..., Your Dline scares the crap out of me... And Your WR scare me also... It should be a good game... I hate that we had to start off with a tough 4 game.... Minus the Bucs who are much improved... Saints, Giants and Falcons... If that Dline attacks well at the LOS, and they will Cam will be forced to take it to the outside, and we know there will be a spy on him.... It could force Cam to make poor decisions, which he at times is prone to...

I just cant see our DB's handling your WR's, Gamble is good. But we're starting a 5th round pick at the #2 spot. He will be tested....

Rudyy
09-18-2012, 11:10 PM
What up G-Men..., Your Dline scares the crap out of me... And Your WR scare me also... It should be a good game... I hate that we had to start off with a tough 4 game.... Minus the Bucs who are much improved... Saints, Giants and Falcons... If that Dline attacks well at the LOS, and they will Cam will be forced to take it to the outside, and we know there will be a spy on him.... It could force Cam to make poor decisions, which he at times is prone to...

I just cant see our DB's handling your WR's, Gamble is good. But we're starting a 5th round pick at the #2 spot. He will be tested.... Cam is nothing to mess with either. Recently, mobile QB's have been troubling our defense. Also the running game and Steve Smith are going to be huge for you guys, since our secondary isn't doing well. Our receivers are no joke though, good luck game planning for them.

BeatYale
09-18-2012, 11:37 PM
the talent they have this year is scary. The weapons they have is ridiculous.

Elaborate on these statements? I agree they are a good team, but all I see is Newton and Smith on their highlight reels again this season. The RB's, again, are taking a back seat to Newton in the running game. Neither Williams or Stewart have broken 1k in the past 3 seasons. Williams really hasn't been the same since his injury a few years ago.

I am a little worried because we have struggled with mobile quarterbacks in the past. I just don't feel the Panthers team are as great as you make them out to be. I also think it was ******ed for them to anoint themselves Super Bowl champions.

Panthers527
09-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Elaborate on these statements? I agree they are a good team, but all I see is Newton and Smith on their highlight reels again this season. The RB's, again, are taking a back seat to Newton in the running game. Neither Williams or Stewart have broken 1k in the past 3 seasons. Williams really hasn't been the same since his injury a few years ago.

I am a little worried because we have struggled with mobile quarterbacks in the past. I just don't feel the Panthers team are as great as you make them out to be. I also think it was ******ed for them to anoint themselves Super Bowl champions.

LaFell is becoming a very solid WR, he dose not have elite speed, but his route running and finding holes in the zone is becoming his strength.. He has good hands, and he has very good chemistry with Newton.. Yeah Williams and Stewart are not having sexy numbers.. But they contribute a lot to what we want to do. Screen passes, running the ball and blocking for Cam.. Add in Tolbert, he is a good H-back that can catch out of the back field... We have weapons, but not enough balls to go around to all of them during a game to make them have sext numbers... Cam really only had one play the put him above the other RB's and that was a 40 yard run on a option......that he kept...

Dwinsballgames
09-18-2012, 11:50 PM
there are 32 teams in the NFL and guess what, they are all dangerous on any given day. BTW, the Giants are dangerous too.

joemorrisforprez
09-19-2012, 12:44 AM
I think we'll see alot of Jacquian Williams.

BurnerNYG
09-19-2012, 01:55 AM
I think we'll see alot of Jacquian Williams.We're definitely gonna need his athleticism because Cam will blow pass Kiwi and Blackburn.

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 01:58 AM
hows rivers doing? is he ready? i feel he could do a great job on cam

BurnerNYG
09-19-2012, 02:21 AM
hows rivers doing? is he ready? i feel he could do a great job on camI'm not sure...probably gonna be a gametime decision.

Captain Chaos
09-19-2012, 04:52 AM
The good news for the Giants is that they play Vick twice a year so they know how to contain the QB. They will also need to do so two more times this year with RG3.

Yeah, that worked well with Romo; their inability to maintain their containment was the reason why we lost. They will have to step up and get pressure on this guy so he hurries his throws.

CamNewtonSwag
09-19-2012, 06:01 AM
I don't really see how this game doesn't go into the 35+ scoring range.

Our starting corner is a rookie from a small school and our safetys aren't anything special.

I believe you guys are having a little trouble in the secondary as well.

Should be an exciting game. Good luck, and I pray no major injuries!

rainierjef
09-19-2012, 06:22 AM
So you're a Giants, panther fan

Tell me how this is not conflicting?

ashleymarie
09-19-2012, 06:23 AM
Nice Post.

rainierjef
09-19-2012, 06:25 AM
Yeah, that worked well with Romo; their inability to maintain their containment was the reason why we lost. They will have to step up and get pressure on this guy so he hurries his throws.

The inability to cover slant routes is the reason we lost. The cowboys used the quick pass to offset the pass rush and I think we can all agree there was a lot of holding that game.

ashleymarie
09-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Nice post. No injuries.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 06:30 AM
The only thing that concerns me is one day of practice. The NFL has got to get their head out of their wallet.

mike kennedy
09-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Michael Jackson was also "Dangerous" but he ended up in worse shape then an amoeba swimming around in a bowl of NyQuil.

Martyr
09-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Anyone think I should start brandon lafell tomorrow? I had Nicks in but hes out

Kitty City
09-19-2012, 11:08 PM
The good news for the Giants is that they play Vick twice a year so they know how to contain the QB. They will also need to do so two more times this year with RG3. The bad news is Cam Newton is 6'5 and 220. You can't knock him around like Mike Vick... And unlike Mike,he can actuqlly break a tackle and isn't scared to get hit - or run over a DB. More bad news - the Gints havent and wont face a deadly running game like Carolina has this year. We've got the one of the best 1-2 WR. Combos in the NFC,Tight ends that can block and catch, a badass hybrid fullback, and a damn good O-Line (well, most of the time). Cam will run it, gun it and repeatedly gash the D for big runs. If we can establish the run early and our secondary comes to play, and special teams dont screw it up - Carolina wins.

Kitty City
09-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Anyone think I should start brandon lafell tomorrow? I had Nicks in but hes outI say go for it.He's turned into a solid #2, got great hands, and if the Giants D is determined to take Smitty out of the game and do it successfully - LaFell will catch quite a few.

Evo'Ed
09-19-2012, 11:14 PM
The bad news is Cam Newton is 6'5 and 220. You can't knock him around like Mike Vick... And unlike Mike,he can actuqlly break a tackle and isn't scared to get hit - or run over a DB. More bad news - the Gints havent and wont face a deadly running game like Carolina has this year. We've got the one of the best 1-2 WR. Combos in the NFC,Tight ends that can block and catch, a badass hybrid fullback, and a damn good O-Line (well, most of the time). Cam will run it, gun it and repeatedly gash the D for big runs. If we can establish the run early and our secondary comes to play, and special teams dont screw it up - Carolina wins.

I enjoy your optimism but you're citing every possible scenario that can go right for your team.

It would be difficult to have all those scenarios materialize; not saying it can't happen though, just very unlikely.

Kitty City
09-19-2012, 11:32 PM
I enjoy your optimism but you're citing every possible scenario that can go right for your team.It would be difficult to have all those scenarios materialize; not saying it can't happen though, just very unlikely.You could be right, but I think the problems NY bring into the game will be difficult to overcome. Namely, just who in the hell will Eli be throwing the ball to?

bbdynasty
09-19-2012, 11:41 PM
You could be right, but I think the problems NY bring into the game will be difficult to overcome. Namely, just who in the hell will Eli be throwing the ball to?

in this order:
Cruz, Bennett, Barden, Brown, Randle, Jernigan, Hynoski. The first 2 are legit. Barden might surprise, be a good end zone threat hopefully, or a posession guy. Brown has good hands as a back, and might break a tackle or two. Randle has soft hands and good size, deceptive speed, but lacks focus (seemingly). no idea about jernigan, but even the hynocerous has shown playmaking ability as a pass catcher (he jumped clean over a LBer once, forget which team)

Rusty192
09-20-2012, 12:25 AM
You could be right, but I think the problems NY bring into the game will be difficult to overcome. Namely, just who in the hell will Eli be throwing the ball to?Other.........people.

Rusty192
09-20-2012, 12:27 AM
huh? you cannot be two different fans

who are you rooting for?

This is turning into the Packer Forum quick.

Bashum_Blue
09-20-2012, 12:28 AM
My girlfriend was on their forum becaus she's a Panthers fan. Tough night for me tomorrow night either way. Needless to say she pointed out the following quote to me and, even she agreed, that this person had lost theri mind.

"Pressure and pummel Eli. He will flinch. Especially late. You have to keep him antsy if you want to whip him. With their O-line, I see us winning this battle."

What in the past year has made this person think that Eli, especially late in games, flinches?

I guess some fans are just delusional.

Rat_bastich
09-20-2012, 01:18 AM
My girlfriend was on their forum becaus she's a Panthers fan. Tough night for me tomorrow night either way. Needless to say she pointed out the following quote to me and, even she agreed, that this person had lost theri mind.

"Pressure and pummel Eli. He will flinch. Especially late. You have to keep him antsy if you want to whip him. With their O-line, I see us winning this battle."

What in the past year has made this person think that Eli, especially late in games, flinches?

I guess some fans are just delusional.

They probably haven't watched much football and look at the strategy against other quarterbacks. Eli is definitely unique in that he seems to thrive in pressure.

giantsfan420
09-20-2012, 01:21 AM
we have more than enough weapons even w/o nicks. why? bc we have eli throwing the ball. Barden, Randle, and JJ are more than talented enough for eli to go off. he's had a revolving door at WR his career pretty much. i think these 3 guys provide unique skills and will present problems for carolina.
thats not even mentioning cruz and bennett who have super star talent

giantsfan420
09-20-2012, 01:24 AM
cam newton or not, carolina isnt on our level, with or w/o nicks.

i dont even think it will be that close. i think this could be one of the few blow out wins we get a season

giantsfan420
09-20-2012, 01:26 AM
altho i will say this, this game will be like the SB for carolina. they have big expectations, and what better way to see how they measure up than vs the SB champs. problem is, we r the champs for a reason. they'll soon find that out; eli and the DL.

nycsportzfan
09-20-2012, 01:31 AM
Well, there certainly not underdogs because Carolina isn't dangerous...lol