PDA

View Full Version : trick plays

bbdynasty
09-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Thats what carolina has. A whole lot of creative fakes. At about 2:25 left in the 2nd quarter, cam faked a screen pass, and handed it off to the WR on the end around instead, very deceptive in its execution. also there were a few double fake runs and such. If we do our homework and are aware of these types of plays, i think our chances look good

Panthers527
09-19-2012, 12:38 AM
The thing about the trick plays, is that we barely run the same trick play, that bubble screen endaround was the 1st I seen it... We run a lot of trick plays that are similar in the sense of the read option and triple option plays we run during the game... It is hard to defend. But the Giants have the Dline to get penetration to disrupt a few of those plays, hence the Bucs....... But if we get it to the outside it can be hard to stop.....

BeatYale
09-19-2012, 12:39 AM
I say KG should dig into his bag of tricks and pull out a flea flicker.

Flip Empty
09-19-2012, 12:39 AM
You can't prepare for trick plays, if you could, they wouldn't be worth using.

Dwinsballgames
09-19-2012, 12:40 AM
I say KG should dig into his bag of tricks and pull out a flea flicker.

how about Perry fewel digs into his bag of tricks and pulls out a pass rush and a secondary

mike kennedy
09-19-2012, 12:52 AM
KG is going to reach in that bag and pull out a few draw plays.

ELI_Iz_God
09-19-2012, 12:55 AM
The thing about the trick plays, is that we barely run the same trick play, that bubble screen endaround was the 1st I seen it... We run a lot of trick plays that are similar in the sense of the read option and triple option plays we run during the game... It is hard to defend. But the Giants have the Dline to get penetration to disrupt a few of those plays, hence the Bucs....... But if we get it to the outside it can be hard to stop.....

My favorite trick play is when JPP turns a QB into a pretzel..I think Cam will learn a valuable lesson from this trick

nygfan90
09-19-2012, 01:03 AM
how about Perry fewel digs into his bag of tricks and pulls out a pass rush and a secondarylmao..this made me laugh for a few minutes. Thanks! lol

Toadofsteel
09-19-2012, 01:10 AM
We don't need trick plays, we have an elite QB...

Captain Chaos
09-19-2012, 06:05 AM
Disciplined Defense is the only way you can play these effectively.

Rat_bastich
09-19-2012, 06:36 AM
Disciplined Defense is the only way you can play these effectively.

And, ball awareness. Watch the ball and not body language.

SweetZombieJesus
09-19-2012, 06:44 AM
We seem to always get fooled by simple trick plays

tonyt830
09-19-2012, 06:54 AM
Thats what carolina has. A whole lot of creative fakes. At about 2:25 left in the 2nd quarter, cam faked a screen pass, and handed it off to the WR on the end around instead, very deceptive in its execution. also there were a few double fake runs and such. If we do our homework and are aware of these types of plays, i think our chances look goodNothing wrong with a trick play or 2, but Carolina is trying to keep the offense for Scam simple. They want to work to his strengths and maybe feel he is not the traditional type NFL QB that can run a complex offense comfortably. The Broncos did it last year when Tebow took over, and the Redskins are changing their play calling as well to benefit Griffin.

B-Red22
09-19-2012, 08:09 AM
My favorite trick play is when JPP turns a QB into a pretzel..I think Cam will learn a valuable lesson from this trick

I've seen that play before!!

ryan12
09-19-2012, 11:44 AM
how about Perry fewel digs into his bag of tricks and pulls out a pass rush and a secondary

this was funny although i think our pass rush will get going this week

BurnerNYG
09-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Nothing wrong with a trick play or 2, but Carolina is trying to keep the offense for Scam simple. They want to work to his strengths and maybe feel he is not the traditional type NFL QB that can run a complex offense comfortably. The Broncos did it last year when Tebow took over, and the Redskins are changing their play calling as well to benefit Griffin.Working to a player's strength isn't called simplicity... it's called doing what works and continuity of somethIng that was successful. Every QB is different and a traditional QB might find the offense Cam is running complex. Those two guys won heismans, bowl games and a NatIonal Championship doing what they do so why change the formula? As for Tebow, it's not that his brand of football can't work, he just doesn't have the accuracy and release to be a full-time successful NFL QB.