PDA

View Full Version : Reuben Randle starting?? Week 3

BigBlueCrew22
09-19-2012, 01:01 AM
....with hixon down does that mean Randle will get the start or are they going to put friggen jerrnigan out their, he is terrible please put randle out their and lets see what this kid is made of plus he is on my bench in a 14 man league in fantasy and could probably be huge this week in the slot or put him at 2 and put cruz in the slot this kid has good speed he showed it on the punt return and had a couple good grabs in the preseason with carr not even eli, lets see what this kid can do does anybody know or has read that he will be playing thursday havent seen him line up as a wide out once just the one punt return which is good leave him back their...

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 01:03 AM
it is not a matter of seeing what the kid is made of

it is a matter of how much of the offense the coaches feel he is prepared to execute

Rat_bastich
09-19-2012, 01:03 AM
My frickin' eyes.

Be nice to see what Randle could do, but I would throw Jernigan out there in the beginning to see what he can do. If it doesn't work out then let Randle get some snaps in.

RagTime Blue
09-19-2012, 01:32 AM
The sportswriters (sry no link) seem to think it will be Barden carrying the lion's share of Hixon's previous duties. I'm sure others will see increased workload as well.

bbdynasty
09-19-2012, 02:15 AM
barden's been around longest, knows the playbook best. i say its barden

dave56dj
09-19-2012, 04:34 AM
Well lets see - after hixon left the game the giants almost exclusively went to Barden. Randle had six snaps. So most likely Barden see's the majority of snaps and randle works in as well. Jernigan being inactive for 2 games in a row has to give you a pretty good idea it wont be him, but with hixon most likely out he should be active.l

Captain Chaos
09-19-2012, 04:43 AM
Barden took over when Hixon went down, and didn't do a bad job. Jernigan hasn't suited up yet this season. I read somewhere that Randel was out there for a play or two, when Nicks went down.

GMENAGAIN
09-19-2012, 06:29 AM
How about a period man? Jeez . . . . .

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 06:31 AM
Well lets see - after hixon left the game the giants almost exclusively went to Barden. Randle had six snaps. So most likely Barden see's the majority of snaps and randle works in as well. Jernigan being inactive for 2 games in a row has to give you a pretty good idea it wont be him, but with hixon most likely out he should be active.l

How many catches did Barden have?

B-Red22
09-19-2012, 06:37 AM
sadly it will be Barden taking the #3 spot to begin the game

Rat_bastich
09-19-2012, 06:44 AM

Same as me but my wife told me I took it to the house...while Barden only had 24 yards. Go figure!

miked1958
09-19-2012, 06:49 AM
barden's been around longest, knows the playbook best. i say its bardenI agree. And with the games that nicks and Cruz had last week they will draw all the attention in defensive game planning by panthers DC. So that means Barden will be single covered and could have a huge day.... I'd say 8/10 catches for 150 and ready for it...... 2 tds...

Buddy333
09-19-2012, 08:01 AM
It's Barden time. He was the one that came in last week when Hixon went down. He had one catch and Eli made a bad throw to him early in the game where he was unable to make the catch. I'm not sure if he did anything wrong because Nicks and Cruz where doing so well I didn't notice anything else. The Giants are loyal to their players. I think he is the 3rd WR and if he does do something wrong then maybe they start working Randle in. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a few snaps for Randle tough.

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 08:13 AM
I think it's time to give him a shot at more playing time. I'm tired of all the talk about Jernigan and Barden...it was the same talk about Moss...they are not going to be consistant contributors to the team. I've liked what I've seen out of Randle...he has good hands and nice speed to stretch the field. I'd definitely like to see more of him as a #2 and slide Cruz to the slot and let him do his thing.

Cool Papa B.
09-19-2012, 08:16 AM
My frickin' eyes.

Be nice to see what Randle could do, but I would throw Jernigan out there in the beginning to see what he can do. If it doesn't work out then let Randle get some snaps in.

Geez, O forgot that Jernigan was even on the team. Has he even gotten into either of the 2 games played? Even Randle and Wilson are returning punts and kicks over him. He must not be showing any improvement at all.

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Uh, you need to get some rest...no way Barden has those numbers regardless of the coverages. The guy has the appearance of a top receiver but that is all pretty deceptive if you ask me. He's been around the longest, knows the playbook but still does not produce. The most we saw him contribute was in the pre-season. The one catch he had during last weeks game was a critical one but if you look closely he almost dropped that one too. I'm not impressed and think Randle will be jumping him on the depth chart soon.

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 08:20 AM
You guys need to realize that you've been holding on to Barden for too long...he isn't going to produce consistantly and be a reliable receiving force on this team. Randle will jump him on the depth chart by the end of the season. The high pass to Barden last week was catchable...it hit him in his hands...tough catch, yes, but he missed it. He almost dropped the other pass too! Randle is the future with Nicks and Cruz.

Kruunch
09-19-2012, 08:31 AM
....with hixon down does that mean Randle will get the start or are they going to put friggen jerrnigan out their, he is terrible please put randle out their and lets see what this kid is made of plus he is on my bench in a 14 man league in fantasy and could probably be huge this week in the slot or put him at 2 and put cruz in the slot this kid has good speed he showed it on the punt return and had a couple good grabs in the preseason with carr not even eli, lets see what this kid can do does anybody know or has read that he will be playing thursday havent seen him line up as a wide out once just the one punt return which is good leave him back their...

And yet, not the longest sentence I've ever seen.

Barden will probably be the #3 (I'm not a Barden fan) but RR's name was mentioned as being the #4. Seems like we've given up on JJ.

Kruunch
09-19-2012, 08:34 AM

1 for 24 yards.

Kruunch
09-19-2012, 08:35 AM
I agree. And with the games that nicks and Cruz had last week they will draw all the attention in defensive game planning by panthers DC. So that means Barden will be single covered and could have a huge day.... I'd say 8/10 catches for 150 and ready for it...... 2 tds...

I don't think Barden will have numbers like that for his career.

BlueJayC
09-19-2012, 09:00 AM
You don't even need to put up numbers (catches/yds) to be an effective #3.......you just have to occupy a defender and let the single coverages roll to the studs like Nicks, Cruz and Bennett (ala last week)......if Bennett starts making grabs more consistently this team will be putting up 40+ every game.....couple that with Wilson/Brown eventually getting some looks out of the backfield that makes for some scary potential......

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 09:11 AM
I think it's time to give him a shot at more playing time. I'm tired of all the talk about Jernigan and Barden...it was the same talk about Moss...they are not going to be consistant contributors to the team. I've liked what I've seen out of Randle...he has good hands and nice speed to stretch the field. I'd definitely like to see more of him as a #2 and slide Cruz to the slot and let him do his thing. You really can't just say "it's time to give him a shot ". If the coaches think he's the best alternative that's what will happen. I am not sure about any of the receivers behind Hixon.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Bennett may be targeted more

nhpgiantsfan
09-19-2012, 09:20 AM
The coaches have to believe he is ready, and he has to be on the same page as Eli. In this offense with all the option routes, if he is not up to speed, and not in sync with Eli, it will result in interceptions. We saw this early on with Manningham.

Kruunch
09-19-2012, 09:22 AM
You really can't just say "it's time to give him a shot ". If the coaches think he's the best alternative that's what will happen. I am not sure about any of the receivers behind Hixon.

+1

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 09:24 AM
The coaches have to believe he is ready, and he has to be on the same page as Eli. In this offense with all the option routes, if he is not up to speed, and not in sync with Eli, it will result in interceptions. We saw this early on with Manningham. this is exactly right

titwio
09-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Barden's skillset imo doesn't fit what the Giants like to do with that 3rd receiver option. Gildbride has said he wants someone who can stretch the field in that role ala Mario and Hixon was the reason Jernigan was looked to as the guy to step up and fill it in the off season.

I'd much rather see Randle in that spot and I think there's a good chance he'll get some opportunities tomorrow being Barden didn't do much and Randle got some snaps late in the Bucs game. I'll predict Barden will start the game in 3 receiver sets but Randle will be the guy who ends up getting more action before the game is over.

GameTime
09-19-2012, 09:32 AM
the way TC is its possible Barden will get the first crack. Then it will be a mix of Randle and JJ if Barden shows up small.
Just like last week. AB got hurt. Wilson have a few carries then Brown took over after he showed he was getting it done....

TheAnalyst
09-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Why does everyone hate Barden? I like him. He catches EVERYTHING thrown his way. He has long arms to rip balls down. I saw some of that last year before he got hurt. Barden could emerge with Hixon out. I say Barden and Nicks on the outsides and the slot machine Cruz in the middle.

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 09:42 AM
You really can't just say "it's time to give him a shot ". If the coaches think he's the best alternative that's what will happen. I am not sure about any of the receivers behind Hixon.

Why can't I say to give him a shot? Tell me something in the last few years that either Barden or Jernigan have done to earn them the "continued" chance to play (other than knowing the playbook) that puts them over Randle? In my opinion Randle has earned more trust from the coaches...he's returning punts already! Next step is to be catching balls from Eli.

Rod-Diggity
09-19-2012, 09:42 AM

1 for like 20 yards

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Why does everyone hate Barden? I like him. He catches EVERYTHING thrown his way. He has long arms to rip balls down. I saw some of that last year before he got hurt. Barden could emerge with Hixon out. I say Barden and Nicks on the outsides and the slot machine Cruz in the middle.

I like the "potential" of Barden but I'm sorry...he hasn't caught everything thrown at him...as a matter of fact it is just the opposite...he hasn't caught hardly anything thrown his way (except in preseason). The first pass last week was high but in my mind he should have caught it...a little off but it hit him in his hands...the one that he did catch he even bobbled a bit and almost dropped. I just don't have confidence in him.

TheAnalyst
09-19-2012, 09:49 AM
I like the "potential" of Barden but I'm sorry...he hasn't caught everything thrown at him...as a matter of fact it is just the opposite...he hasn't caught hardly anything thrown his way (except in preseason). The first pass last week was high but in my mind he should have caught it...a little off but it hit him in his hands...the one that he did catch he even bobbled a bit and almost dropped. I just don't have confidence in him.

Really? Show me one drop he had.... His biggest issue isnt not catching the ball, it is seperation. But IMO, he is a solid weapon to have on the field when Cruz, Nicks and soon Bennett are getting all the attention. You want Jernigan out there? Honestly, I think Jernigan should be cut. He shows absolutely nothing.

Kruunch
09-19-2012, 09:50 AM

Ummm no ... he's notorious for dropping balls and he's slow. He flashed a bit (finally) in pre-season but has yet to put it together in a real game.

He has 15 receptions in 3 years in the NFL. Nuff said.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Why can't I say to give him a shot? Tell me something in the last few years that either Barden or Jernigan have done to earn them the "continued" chance to play (other than knowing the playbook) that puts them over Randle? In my opinion Randle has earned more trust from the coaches...he's returning punts already! Next step is to be catching balls from Eli. Obviously you can say it because you did. That's not how the decision will be made is my point. None of the receivers behind Hixon have distinguished themselves in the passing game. Whoever it is will be the guy the coaches think give ua the best chance ro win. That may be Bennett for all we know.

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Really? Show me one drop he had.... His biggest issue isnt not catching the ball, it is seperation. But IMO, he is a solid weapon to have on the field when Cruz, Nicks and soon Bennett are getting all the attention. You want Jernigan out there? Honestly, I think Jernigan should be cut. He shows absolutely nothing.

He's got one catch on the season...the drops were all last season...what team were you watching? If he had been making catches we wouldn't be having a conversation about who the #3 was gonna be. I agree that he has separation issues, hands issues, route running issues...you name it. I also agree that Jernigan should be cut...Moss Jr. if you ask me. He's holding a roster spot and warming the bench. Randle needs to be given a shot!

GMENAGAIN
09-19-2012, 09:55 AM
I think that the coaching staff will rotate Barden, JJ and Randle in and out of the 3rd WR position depending on the game situation. If one of them steps up and grabs the job, he'll see more time down the road.

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Obviously you can say it because you did. That's not how the decision will be made is my point. None of the receivers behind Hixon have distinguished themselves in the passing game. Whoever it is will be the guy the coaches think give ua the best chance ro win. That may be Bennett for all we know.

I understand that the coaches will make the decision...my statement was just my opinion. Randle has the trust of the coaches (he's returning punts when noone else could) so why not give him a chance to show what he can do when noone else is at the WR spot? Everyone wants Barden to be given a shot because they hope he is the next Calvin Johnson (same size and build) and everyone wants Jernigan to be given a chance because they want him to be the next Steve Smith (CAR). The truth is that neither are close to those comparisons and having shown anything. Barden has almost gotten to the end of his 4 year contract and he has 16 career catches for 198 yards and NO TDS...Seriously?!?!? He's averaging 4 catches for 50 yards a SEASON! People need to get real and stop hanging their hats on this guy.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Why does everyone hate Barden? I like him. He catches EVERYTHING thrown his way. He has long arms to rip balls down. I saw some of that last year before he got hurt. Barden could emerge with Hixon out. I say Barden and Nicks on the outsides and the slot machine Cruz in the middle. I think it's because they see a repeat of Sinorice Moss.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 10:05 AM
I understand that the coaches will make the decision...my statement was just my opinion. Randle has the trust of the coaches (he's returning punts when noone else could) so why not give him a chance to show what he can do when noone else is at the WR spot? Everyone wants Barden to be given a shot because they hope he is the next Calvin Johnson (same size and build) and everyone wants Jernigan to be given a chance because they want him to be the next Steve Smith (CAR). The truth is that neither are close to those comparisons and having shown anything. Barden has almost gotten to the end of his 4 year contract and he has 16 career catches for 198 yards and NO TDS...Seriously?!?!? He's averaging 4 catches for 50 yards a SEASON! People need to get real and stop hanging their hats on this guy. As I have said, after Hixon, it's a crap shoot.

dezzzR
09-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Id really like to see RR or JJ over Barden.

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 10:10 AM
As I have said, after Hixon, it's a crap shoot.

Agreed!

njg85m
09-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Isn't it obviously going to be Barden?

Hey, I hate to say it, but even though RR and (hopefully) Jernigan have a lot more upside in the long run than Barden does, Barden seems to be the best choice for #3 right here right now.

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Isn't it obviously going to be Barden?

Hey, I hate to say it, but even though RR and (hopefully) Jernigan have a lot more upside in the long run than Barden does, Barden seems to be the best choice for #3 right here right now.

Why do you say that? What has Barden done that noone else has to make him the best choice?

Flip Empty
09-19-2012, 10:15 AM
I reckon you'll see Randle in this one regardless of who starts at 3

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 10:17 AM
I reckon you'll see Randle in this one regardless of who starts at 3

I see Randle with 4-5 catches for 50+ this week. It's going to be a supporting role but he'll convert a few third downs and move the chains. Look for him to start to make his mark.

thomsoad
09-19-2012, 10:18 AM

No offense here... BUT... to be fair Nicks and Cruz were both on freakin fire that game. I mean Good Gawd man...what more you want?!

njg85m
09-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Why do you say that? What has Barden done that noone else has to make him the best choice?

For the simple fact that he has been here longer, knows the book better, and has more actual game time under his belt than the other two combined.
And he has shown us more this year than he has in the past, which admittingly is still far from enough to satisfy.

I could be wrong but I think he get's the obvious start at #3 with RR and Jernigan thrown in here and there.

ryan12
09-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Bennett may be targeted more

this is what i was going to say... stole my shine rf

ryan12
09-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Id really like to see RR or JJ over Barden.

JJ SUCKS

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 10:27 AM
No offense here... BUT... to be fair Nicks and Cruz were both on freakin fire that game. I mean Good Gawd man...what more you want?! Are you suggesting I can't ask a question to which I don't know the answer?

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 10:30 AM
For the simple fact that he has been here longer, knows the book better, and has more actual game time under his belt than the other two combined. And he has shown us more this year than he has in the past, which admittingly is still far from enough to satisfy. I could be wrong but I think he get's the obvious start at #3 with RR and Jernigan thrown in here and there. This may be the most likely scenario but it's unfortunate we don't have a clear # 4

Buddy333
09-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Considering they will only practice once this week and Barden was the 3rd WR when Hixon was injured, I think Barden will be the man. Sorry to let so many down. Honestly I think he is going to do just fine. He had a beig catch the other day and would have had another if the grow was better.

jackmac
09-19-2012, 10:31 AM
I thought we drafted Barden to be a Red Zone threat because of his size (another Burress). Where has he been - is he ever open in the end zone?

njg85m
09-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Something to consider also is that #3 WR may not be targeted more than once or twice regardless of who it is this week anyway.

As pointed out already Bennett is likely going to be the 3rd option beyond Cruz/Nicks.

And now add the fact that we may have a real legitimate pass catching RB getting the bulk of the time on the field and I just don't see the #3 WR being worked into the scheme that much anyway...

Just a thought.

GMENAGAIN
09-19-2012, 10:52 AM
JJ SUCKS

This is a dumb statement.

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 10:55 AM

Barden had one catch and could not get open

which is pathetic considering the game Nicks and Cruz were having.

this guy should have been wide open every time he stepped on the field with coverage rolling to Nicks or Cruz

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 10:56 AM
For the simple fact that he has been here longer, knows the book better, and has more actual game time under his belt than the other two combined.
And he has shown us more this year than he has in the past, which admittingly is still far from enough to satisfy.

I could be wrong but I think he get's the obvious start at #3 with RR and Jernigan thrown in here and there.

Being with the team and having more time with the playbook hasn't proven anything for Barden...4 years, 16 catches, 198 yards...SAD! What has he shown us this year....1 catch for 24 yards. You need to set your sights higher and expect more from your #3 WR. I'm looking for 4-5 catches a game and few converted 3rd downs. I'm looking at Randle taking the spot within the next week or two.

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 10:57 AM
I thought we drafted Barden to be a Red Zone threat because of his size (another Burress). Where has he been - is he ever open in the end zone?

this should tell you something

or are you suggesting the coaches don't think of this ?

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 11:00 AM

this guy should have been wide open every time he stepped on the field with coverage rolling to Nicks or Cruz

Couldn't have said it better myself...Barden has been noexistant in an offense that was lighting TB up through the air. Nicks and Cruz getting doubled and he bobbled the only catch he actually had and should have caught the other one even though it was a little high...why else do we hype him for his height if he isn't going to catch the high ones?

GameTime
09-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Barden, then Randle, then JJ. Whom ever steps up in the 1st half will get the majority of the snaps in the second half of the Panther game and onwards from there.

thomsoad
09-19-2012, 11:53 AM

Not supporting Barden per se. But Eli did miss him a couple of times (evidenced by Elis motions after he threw the ball) and if either Nicks or Cruz is open along with Barden...Eli is gonna throw it to either Cruz or Nicks.

Sorry...i just dont think you can properly evaluate Bardens game based on the fact both Nicks and Cruz were having field days out there.
Nicks and Cruz being shut down and Barden not doing anything to me is a better indicator.

Gimaniac
09-19-2012, 12:11 PM
RR has more upside than Barden, but Barden is it for now.

It's his job to lose.

BeatYale
09-19-2012, 12:30 PM
and if either Nicks or Cruz is open along with Barden...Eli is gonna throw it to either Cruz or Nicks.

Eli isn't going to notice all 3 of them open at once unless they are all on the same side of the field near each other. Eli will go through his progressions if he needs to. If Barden is left in single coverage on the outside there's a high chance Eli will give him a shot.

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Not supporting Barden per se. But Eli did miss him a couple of times (evidenced by Elis motions after he threw the ball) and if either Nicks or Cruz is open along with Barden...Eli is gonna throw it to either Cruz or Nicks.

Sorry...i just dont think you can properly evaluate Bardens game based on the fact both Nicks and Cruz were having field days out there.
Nicks and Cruz being shut down and Barden not doing anything to me is a better indicator.

so you dont think Nicks and Cruz dismantling a defense has them paying extra attention to them leaving unbelievable opportunities for Barden?

ok... believe what you wish

the #1 objective for any WR should be to gain the trust and respect of your QB.....Barden has done none of this

Randle will without a doubt move above him on the depth chart within weeks

thomsoad
09-19-2012, 02:30 PM
so you dont think Nicks and Cruz dismantling a defense has them paying extra attention to them leaving unbelievable opportunities for Barden?

the #1 objective for any WR should be to gain the trust and respect of your QB.....Barden has done none of this

The point i am making is why would Eli look at Barden when Cruz and Nicks are already open? Both those guys were obviously comfortably open for Eli since his 2nd half completion % was ridiculous.

Im not saying Barden is the next best thing to happen. But im also not gonna say he obviously sux since Cruz and Nicks had the game of their lives either. My perspective is there was no point at looking at the #3 reciever when #1 and #2 were having cakewalks.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 02:43 PM
There is another aspect to this discussion and that's Eli. Once you get down to the 4 - 6 WRs, there is not a lot, if any, practice time with Eli. With Nicks and Cruz on the field, Bennett coming on, and Hynoski an available safety valve how many looks can Eli take before he has to make a throw. Logic and history would suggest that Eli is going to go to the receivers he knows best most of the time.

I'm not knocking Randle or Jernigan butI have very little confidence in Barden.

Tomorrow night will hopefully give us some answers

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 02:49 PM
The point i am making is why would Eli look at Barden when Cruz and Nicks are already open? Both those guys were obviously comfortably open for Eli since his 2nd half completion % was ridiculous.

Im not saying Barden is the next best thing to happen. But im also not gonna say he obviously sux since Cruz and Nicks had the game of their lives either. My perspective is there was no point at looking at the #3 reciever when #1 and #2 were having cakewalks.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you have not watched tape on Barden

the guy has more trouble getting open than a welded manhole cover

nycisgreat
09-19-2012, 02:59 PM
I am in different either way. Nicks and Cruz are on the field that is all I concern about. I am not worry about the the #3 WR until there is a problem. I don't see any reason why Barden couldn't succeed if he was asked to step up. The kid has great potential.

myles2424
09-19-2012, 03:06 PM
barden's been around longest, knows the playbook best. i say its barden

Talented Randle/Future WR > Barden Knowing the playbook...

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 03:08 PM

+1

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 03:11 PM
I am in different either way. Nicks and Cruz are on the field that is all I concern about. I am not worry about the the #3 WR until there is a problem. I don't see any reason why Barden couldn't succeed if he was asked to step up. The kid has great potential.

Great potential??? I said that when they drafted him...not in the last year of a four year contract after only 16 catches and 198 yards. The potential boat has sailed.

GameTime
09-19-2012, 03:14 PM
Great potential??? I said that when they drafted him...not in the last year of a four year contract after only 16 catches and 198 yards. The potential boat has sailed.
Right...
now he is on the "prove it" boat....

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 03:22 PM

all potential means is that he hasn't done **** yet

and for the record I have never seen this potential you speak of

thomsoad
09-19-2012, 03:29 PM

Ive seen past tape on him and there has been enough documentation about his inability to fight off a jam to fill a library. But if you are referring to Sundays game...then no...i didnt. I was honestly too busy watching Nicks and Cruz.
Thats honestly the truth.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Right...
now he is on the "prove it" boat....

How many oars?

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 03:37 PM

LMAO

jakegibbs
09-19-2012, 03:52 PM

Barden will be the starter but Randle will make the field in the 4 WR formation & if he makes plays well who knows what's in the future but my guess eventually will be the #3 on depth chart. If he doesn't well we all know that answer.

keyofgmen
09-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Well, with Nicks out..likely we will see a bit of the Rook. Guys need to take advantage of their opportunities. Brown sure did last week, let's see if Randle and Barden can do the same.

Buddy333
09-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Well now it looks like RR and JJ will get a chance.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Well now it looks like RR and JJ will get a chance.

Let's see if any are up to the task.

G.I. Ants
09-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Let's see if any are up to the task.well RF, looks like your favorite receiver Ramses Barden is gonna make you proud, lol.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 04:43 PM
well RF, looks like your favorite receiver Ramses Barden is gonna make you proud, lol.

I know I've not been his biggest supporter, and I do try to support every player that puts on that uniform. But this is the time when Barden can, and should, take control of his destiny. If he can't, given opportunities he is going to be given in this game, then I'm wondering why he's not inactive going forward. He's had years to get his act together.

I will be the first to laud him if he is successful tomorrow night.

and I was

TheAnalyst
09-21-2012, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by TheAnalyst http://boards.giants.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?p=492662#post492662) Why does everyone hate Barden? I like him. He catches EVERYTHING thrown his way. He has long arms to rip balls down. I saw some of that last year before he got hurt. Barden could emerge with Hixon out. I say Barden and Nicks on the outsides and the slot machine Cruz in the middle.

Ummm no ... he's notorious for dropping balls and he's slow. He flashed a bit (finally) in pre-season but has yet to put it together in a real game.

He has 15 receptions in 3 years in the NFL. Nuff said.

Still enough said?

You guys have to stop with all this crap. From what I saw over the past few years, Ramses has been catching everything and looked good doing it. Like I said, his problem was mostly seperation. I think he has that down now. He could be a great WR as proved last night. Is he Nicks or Cruz? No, he isnt. He brings something else to the table though. And you can't put your best DB on him because of Nicks and Cruz, which will help him big time. I see him as someone who finally got a shot to play a full game and shut up about half the people on this board.

King Ramses lives on.

CATCHES EVERYTHING!

GameTime
09-21-2012, 08:39 AM
He certainly served me some crow last night. While I never dogged him too much I still never gave him credit.
last night he out it all togther and looked great. Keep it going Barden.....this is only the begining for you...

miked1958
09-21-2012, 09:15 AM
He certainly served me some crow last night. While I never dogged him too much I still never gave him credit.
last night he out it all togther and looked great. Keep it going Barden.....this is only the begining for you...Well not much out of RR, he was only targeted a couple times and had one go through his hands. as far as JJ, did he even play??

GameTime
09-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Well not much out of RR, he was only targeted a couple times and had one go through his hands. as far as JJ, did he even play??
ehh....I fogot I was in the RR thread. I was speaking of Barden when I said about being served crow.....