PDA

View Full Version : Barden #3 WR and Hosley to start

GiantFanatic55
09-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM
Beatty at LT and Locklear likely at RT. Barden likely at WR3. Coughlin could keep Hosley as starter at CB and Prince in when Hosley on slot

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton
Expect Hosley to start again outside opposite Webster & Prince Amukamara/Michael Coe will sub 4 Hosley when he goes to nickel inside

B&RWarrior
09-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Ramses at #3! The kid will make plays. It may be too early bit Hosely is looking like the goods.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Ramses at #3! The kid will make plays. It may be too early bit Hosely is looking like the goods.

I hate to say it, but I'm expecting more from Hosley than Barden. I hope Ramses proves me wrong

TheEnigma
09-19-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm going to guess Hosley will be on Steve Smith for majority of the game? I just hope you guys are able to forgive him if he doesn't do well lol.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm going to guess Hosley will be on Steve Smith for majority of the game? I just hope you guys are able to forgive him if he doesn't do well lol.

He's a rookie, he is going to make mistakes.

Giants5699
09-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Steve Smith has been an absolute monster for the past... well his entire career. Nobody can cover him...

moosedrool
09-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Loving Hosley. He played 49 of 53 snaps last week and would have played all 53 if he didn't get stuff in his eye. I think Barden will surprise alot of people this week with a good game, perhaps similar to what Hixon did week 1 (3 catches 55 yards).

titwio
09-19-2012, 02:10 PM

Smith isn't 100% and is dealing with a knee issue. He'll likely play but right now he's listed as questionable.

This kind of levels it out a little in Hosley's favor. That and they're basically the same height. :D

TheEnigma
09-19-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm not making a prediction on how he will do but from how much praise he has received here so far, it would be ashame to see his head called for because of his first potential bad game. Let's just keep a level head about this :P

ReiRiza
09-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Who was Hosely covering?? I don't remember his name being called

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 02:16 PM
here is your chance Ramses Barden

please....PLEASE!!!!.... prove everything I have ever said about you on these boards wrong....

repeatchamps
09-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Loving Hosley. He played 49 of 53 snaps last week and would have played all 53 if he didn't get stuff in his eye. I think Barden will surprise alot of people this week with a good game, perhaps similar to what Hixon did week 1 (3 catches 55 yards).

If anyone knows what the results of the 4 snaps he missed were, it'd be greatly appreciated if you can share it. I know one of them was the late Bucs TD over Tryon.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 02:35 PM

please....PLEASE!!!!.... prove everything I have ever said about you on these boards wrong....

I'll meet you at Church tomorrow morning :o

nYg24
I expect to see some RR as well, love his potential. Could have a good day against a mediocre secondary.

ryan12
i hope rames barden does step up... this is his shot take advantage of it rames... hosley time to step up rook

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 02:40 PM
If anyone knows what the results of the 4 snaps he missed were, it'd be greatly appreciated if you can share it. I know one of them was the late Bucs TD over Tryon.

I have no idea, but I am glad he's gotten so many snaps already.

ryan12
09-19-2012, 02:47 PM
I have no idea, but I am glad he's gotten so many snaps already.

liking hosley

Mlerman17
09-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Ramses is the man and will breakout on thurs

ryan12
09-19-2012, 02:50 PM
I expect to see some RR as well, love his potential. Could have a good day against a mediocre secondary.

he hasnt suited up yet this season HE SUCKS

GameTime
09-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Even if Barden is #3 this week to start. Randle will get some snaps too I bet.
Maybe JJ will be an inactive...

B&RWarrior
09-19-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't think Barden will have super star numbers, but he will make some catches if Eli goes his way.

Even SS with a bad knee is way to much for Hosely to handle one on one. C-Web should cover SS. Hosely can still do plenty of learning on #2 and #3 WRs. He will get shredded by SS. I like the kid but there is no need to throw him to the dogs in week 3 of his rookie season.

YATittle1962

Randle has been suited up and has played in both games

ryan12

sorry i thought you were saying JJ i love rr he looked great in preseason and im sure will have his chances this year to step up

ryan12
09-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Randle has been suited up and has played in both games

i thought he said JJ

ny06
09-19-2012, 02:59 PM
i thought he said JJ
Yeah it's easy to mistake RR for JJ ;)

ryan12
09-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah it's easy to mistake RR for JJ ;)

dude stfu i immediately corrected myself

ny06
09-19-2012, 03:10 PM
dude stfu i immediately corrected myself
Relax tough guy. No ill intentions with the comment.

rainierjef
09-19-2012, 03:15 PM

Steve Smith is suffering from Unspecified Knee pain, this will help the rookie out somewhat.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 03:16 PM
liking hosley

At VT he was seen as a ball hawk and he had one interception in the pre-season. I'm not getting ahead of myself, but the more he plays the sooner he makes the adjustment from college to NFL speed.

ryan12
09-19-2012, 03:26 PM
At VT he was seen as a ball hawk and he had one interception in the pre-season. I'm not getting ahead of myself, but the more he plays the sooner he makes the adjustment form college to NFL speed.

yeah he was stud in college and he feel in so low in draft cuz of off field issues. he might be the steal of not only giants draft but the whole draft. yeah that pick to the house against the pos dirty sanchez was awesome in pre-season

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 03:28 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm expecting more from Hosley than Barden. I hope Ramses proves me wrong

Gotta agree with you on that one...I'm excited to see Hosley out there...Barden, not so much.

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 03:29 PM

I'm not holding my breathe on Barden..

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 03:31 PM

Unfortunately for us, I'm afraid he is going to prove you completely right...:-(

nycisgreat
09-19-2012, 03:49 PM

I like Coe to. He is always in position to make a play on the ball. He is always lock step with the WRs he is covering, but he needs could keep track of the ball and the WRs at the same time. He would be really dangerous.

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 03:52 PM

Try and support your uninformed rant...He has suited up both games and has caught punts. Shootin holes in your post already but I'll wait to hear how you support your "HE SUCKS" statement.

BeatYale
09-19-2012, 03:58 PM

Same. Even though he's upgraded to #3 WR, I think Bennett will get more opportunities than him. Hosley I'm excited about! Hopefully he will play better than Coe and Tryon on the outside.

Giant_Chief1976
09-19-2012, 04:05 PM
I like Coe to. He is always in position to make a play on the ball. He is always lock step with the WRs he is covering, but he needs could keep track of the ball and the WRs at the same time. He would be really dangerous.

Coe was burned early and often against TB. The problem was that he COULDN'T keep track of the ball and the WRs at the same time.

G.I. Ants
09-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Barden was there for that epic TD celebration with Bennett, lol. Seriously, Barden could make some grabs but it depends on Eli trusting him, he is going to have to prove his worth. I see some people still hating on JJ12, the guy hasn't even gotten a chance to prove himself but some people still take time out to bash him. I guess RR82 will be that guy next year.

GameTime
09-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Barden was there for that epic TD celebration with Bennett, lol. Seriously, Barden could make some grabs but it depends on Eli trusting him, he is going to have to prove his worth. I see some people still hating on JJ12, the guy hasn't even gotten a chance to prove himself but some people still take time out to bash him. I guess RR82 will be that guy next year.

I certainly hope not. Would like to avoid that...

G.I. Ants
09-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Coe was burned early and often against TB. The problem was that he COULDN'T keep track of the ball and the WRs at the same time.He wasn't getting burned, he just didn't play the ball well. The same with Tryon, he was in position but the ball bounced off his helmet. Vincent Jackson was making some great catches in that game.

hungrrrry
09-19-2012, 06:31 PM
I'm going to guess Hosley will be on Steve Smith for majority of the game? I just hope you guys are able to forgive him if he doesn't do well lol.Webster will cover Smith and has in the past. I believe Websters rough start to the year is simply due to that vast weakness we have in other areas of the secondary. He is thinking too much about the other players in our secondary which takes his focus off the guy he needs to cover...Basicly he can't trust the guys in his secondary

I would not prefer a rookie and not Prince either, on Smith

I like Hosely covering anyone else on that team!

Eliscruzzz
09-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Well Prince is probable for this game I think he might play I know people aren't high on him but we need him and we need him for this game cause I think the defense is going to have to win this game for us. I think if Prince starts we will be ok that's Webster, Hosley, Prince, starting and Coe and tyron of the bench that is pretty damn good. The D will show up huge this game watch.

DownWitJPP
09-19-2012, 07:25 PM
ok so we have 2 of our top 3 receivers out for this game...that leaves Cruz as the #1 and Barden is getting the #2 ...whos the 3rd receiver in 3 wide sets? will it be RR? I hope Barden has a big game but its unlikely...maybe RR will prove to everyone that he is truly NFL ready

CowboysSuck
09-19-2012, 07:43 PM
ok so we have 2 of our top 3 receivers out for this game...that leaves Cruz as the #1 and Barden is getting the #2 ...whos the 3rd receiver in 3 wide sets? will it be RR? I hope Barden has a big game but its unlikely...maybe RR will prove to everyone that he is truly NFL ready

RR and JJ will be in a rotation, I would assume.

...then again when AB went down i thought for sure DW and ABrown would at least split

So, well have to wait til gametime to see!! Makes waiting for tomorrow that much tougher..i ...cant....wait!!!