PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Bradshaw dances too much

KillaRich
09-19-2012, 02:29 PM
At first i assumed it was the line shuffle that helped brown look so good...but now I'm thinking maybe it wasnt only just that.... Maybe Brown is a big part himself also... Brown did nothing fancy..nothing spectacular ...just run straight through... something we dont see bradshaw doing.... bradshaw is a wobbler and maybe hes taking it too far now...Bradshaw is one of my favorite players but he might be apart of the problem also...

i'll guess we'll see tomorrow huh

ryan12
09-19-2012, 02:31 PM
i was saying this after game and i got torched bradshaw is DONE!!

joemorrisforprez
09-19-2012, 02:33 PM
At first i assumed it was the line shuffle that helped brown look so good...but now I'm thinking maybe it wasnt only just that.... Maybe Brown is a big part himself also... Brown did nothing fancy..nothing spectacular ...just run straight through... something we dont see bradshaw doing.... bradshaw is a wobbler and maybe hes taking it too far now...Bradshaw is one of my favorite players but he might be apart of the problem also...

i'll guess we'll see tomorrow huh

It was only one game from Andre Brown, but I'm excited to see how he does on Thursday.

titwio
09-19-2012, 02:34 PM
The line just looked better overall yesterday. Before Bradshaw got hurt the line opened a huge hole and he ran something like a 13yard run himself. I actually think AB would have had a big game had he not gotten hurt. I was just surprised Wilson didn't get at least a few more carries.

I admit Brown did do well but I'm not completely sold on him and IMHO I thought the O-line looked a lot better when Diehl left the game and there were a lot better holes to run through.

moosedrool
09-19-2012, 02:46 PM
If Brown does it again, after Carolina has had time to prepare for his running style, I'll be a believer.

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 02:52 PM
with brown, he's always been the kinda runner who runs between the tackles, not much dancing, he finds a crease and runs north/south. i too found that to be a nice change of pace. bradshaw does do a lot of stop starting and hadnt really pressed the holes the way brown had so far this early season (something we need to keep in mind as well). i also think wilsons explosiveness and quickness also should give this offense 4 ypc if for nothing else, his quickness should help him get to the spot before anyone else can.
I think the OL shuffle helped a ton. It seemed like no one was trying to overcome DD's mistakes and they were all doing their individual jobs pretty well.

yoeddy
09-19-2012, 02:53 PM
There's no question that Bradshaw has been dancing a bit rather than just picking a line and hitting it hard (regardless of whether there's a hole there or not)...maybe he's just trying to do too much every play?

GameTime
09-19-2012, 02:54 PM
i was saying this after game and i got torched bradshaw is DONE!!

you need to have more respect for Bradshaw....:cool:
Even though he is or may be declining dont treat him like yesterdays garbage. All RBs fall off at somepoint.
All good just speaking my mind what little of there is.....:cool:

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
09-19-2012, 02:58 PM
I dont think Bradshaw is done, he does seem a bit jittery at the line...sometime I think he tries to do to much.

B&RWarrior
09-19-2012, 02:58 PM
AB is not the problem. He dances when there is no hole and more often than not there is no hole. AB is a better back thn Brown- no contest.

Kendo15
09-19-2012, 03:16 PM
I thought the O-line looked a lot better when Diehl left the game and there were a lot better holes to run through.

This /\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Been saying that all week.

G.I. Ants
09-19-2012, 03:28 PM

i'll guess we'll see tomorrow huhI have been saying this for a while now. This has always been my biggest beef with Bradshaw. While I like his playing style, he relies way too much bouncing to the outside when he should just follow his blockers. I also think that the line change also helped for the better. Brown had a great game, but I remember his runs were singleback formations along with shotgun draw plays. I hope the new confidence and change of pace helps Bradshaw.

nycisgreat
09-19-2012, 03:56 PM
It was only one game from Andre Brown, but I'm excited to see how he does on Thursday.

I'll take it one game at a time with Brown. He showed me something this past Sunday that I liked. I hope he can continue the trend tomorrow night. I feel confident that the guy will go out there and put all on the line.

AntB
09-19-2012, 04:20 PM
We finally have a runner who knows' how to hit the hole and power strait ahead. Reminds me of the days of O.J. Anderson and Joe Morris. Too bad he has to come back on such short rest. If Brown can become the number 1 then Bradshaw will run better as well as the change of pace and his style will work better with him fresher and the defense tired.

GameTime
09-19-2012, 04:25 PM
We finally have a runner who knows' how to hit the hole and power strait ahead. Reminds me of the days of O.J. Anderson and Joe Morris. Too bad he has to come back on such short rest. If Brown can become the number 1 then Bradshaw will run better as well as the change of pace and his style will work better with him fresher and the defense tired.

1 decent game....they really dont know what they have yet in Brown. I am in his corner but he has a lot to prove still.....

Ruttiger711
09-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Wow Bradshaw already is the new "tip toe burglar"? Already?!

Mercury
09-19-2012, 04:39 PM
There may be some truth to this idea. AB seems to be always looking for a big gain and doesn't usually settle for the three yards that he can get. Then he ends up taking a one yard gain because of all the dancing. His yards usually don't come from taking on a LBer, but avoiding them. Brown was taking them on with a punishing running style.

Gmen2005
09-19-2012, 04:52 PM
I think it was more of bradshaw not being in, the defense didn't stack the box as much. With Brown in, it seemed like every run was a shotgun draw, or at least what I noticed from my seats. I could be wrong though.

burier
09-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Bradshaw has always been that way. I don't know if I'd say he's done but right now I'm like Wilson and Brown

GMan-67
09-19-2012, 05:28 PM
BUST, TIP TOE, KILLDRIVE ... at least the trolls clearly identify themselves

TheShouldersOf
09-19-2012, 05:48 PM
I would like to see Wilson get the same play calls as Brown did, or similar, instead of the same plays he's gotten, albeit only 3 carries,

he needs the opportunity to Grind it out as a Running Back, and not a 'Specialty Back'

NYKiller
09-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Bradshaw is just not as effective as he use to be. Maybe the injuries have slowed him down. He is at least the third best RB on the Giants, but he does have that experience.

Astorian
09-19-2012, 05:52 PM
I didn't see the game, so I have nothing to say about Bradsaw's performance vs. Brown's. But I've seen a lot of great Giant backs over the years, and one thing that almost all of them have in common is that they tend to wind up being overused and suffer diminished productivity as a result of the relentless pounding they're called upon to take. When the Giants get a good back, they simply overuse him, and his speed, power, and health suffer accordingly. I saw it happen to BJ a couple of years ago, and I detected symptoms of the same problem last year with Bradshaw. I don't think he's done yet, but he needs help. We need a solid 3-back rotation in order to keep guys healthy and increase their longevity.

Medisleman
09-19-2012, 10:40 PM
I don't think Bradshaw is done, but younger is almost always better in the NFL running back game. Brown has not taken the hits Bradshaw has, and he wasn't trying to do too much. Bradshaw feels the pressure of being "the man" and tries to do too much.

drewz
09-19-2012, 10:57 PM
On Sunday, if you noticed on Bradshaw's long of 12 yards, he hit the hole straight ahead and didn't do any dancing.

mike kennedy
09-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Air Force has such a cool logo.

Captain Chaos
09-20-2012, 05:37 AM
That is his style and remember Brown started piling up the yards after Double D got injured, think there may have been a little something to that.

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 08:41 AM
man, i hope Eli never gets hurt, i can just see the Carr is better than Eli posts now

BParcells777
09-21-2012, 12:31 AM
maybe he does

titwio
09-21-2012, 12:33 AM
Wilson should have gotten a few more carries...at least some garbage time snaps. He can't breakout if he doesn't see the field.

G.I. Ants
09-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Wilson should have gotten a few more carries...at least some garbage time snaps. He can't breakout if he doesn't see the field.Bradshaw didn't get too many touches in the beginning of his rookie season. Wilson will get his opportunity.

appodictic
09-21-2012, 12:53 AM
I honestly thing this is a good thing for both players. Bradshaw is too heavy, he needs to take off this extra weight he put on and get from 215 back to 200. I mean the giants o-line was incredible today i mean you know something is up when we easily score on a third and one goal line. I think Brown does an amazing job just staying behind blockers regardless.