PDA

View Full Version : Can Eli FINALLY prove the naysayers wrong?

thomsoad
09-19-2012, 04:11 PM
If Eli has a big day tomorrow can he finally shut up those peeps that always talk trash about him?
Just imagine Barden or JJ having a 100+ day?
Personally im hoping this is Elis "stick it to ya" game.

burier
09-19-2012, 04:13 PM
If Eli has a big day tomorrow can he finally shut up those peeps that always talk trash about him?

LOL...the guy has 2 SB MVPs...if people are still talking trash after that I doubt a regular season game at the Panthers is gonna change much.

Gmen2005
09-19-2012, 04:15 PM
As long as he keeps winning, I don't care what people say about him. Wouldn't want any other quarterback on this team.

jax5338
09-19-2012, 04:15 PM
he really doesnt have to. knowledgable football fans already know he has. there are always gonna be the "experts" who use excuses to downplay his accomplishments to make themselves look bold or whatever in an attempt to gain notoriety/ratings. 2 super bowl wins + 2 super bowls MVPs and potentially more to come is more than most will ever dream of.

that being said,it would be nice to see him have a big game with guys like randle, barden, and JJ stepping up. would really give us peace of mind as giants fans that these guys can step up and make plays.

JustinTuckNYG91
09-19-2012, 04:16 PM
LOL...the guy has 2 SB MVPs...if people are still talking trash after that I doubt a regular season game at the Panthers is gonna change much.
This comment sums it up for me. :cool:

GMan-67
09-19-2012, 04:19 PM
well few QBs have elevated unknown receivers to a high level ... Cruz, helloooo, is there a better example, remember Welker was drafted by Miami and a big trade happened to bring him to NE ... everyone points that that as the best example of making average great, but UDFA is below average and Eli has made him (Cruz) more than great

G.I. Ants
09-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Eli has nothing to prove, naysayers have to prove why their nays are relevant.

PBTimmons
09-19-2012, 04:30 PM
well few QBs have elevated unknown receivers to a high level ... Cruz, helloooo, is there a better example, remember Welker was drafted by Miami and a big trade happened to bring him to NE ... everyone points that that as the best example of making average great, but UDFA is below average and Eli has made him (Cruz) more than great

Dude, Cruz is a 1st round talent. He has skills that are certainly enhanced by Eli, but give credit where it is due. Cruz is a star with, or without Eli.

Wes Welker is Terrance Copper on any team other than NE, and I believe that is primarily why they didn't pay him.

thomsoad
09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Dude, Cruz is a 1st round talent. He has skills that are certainly enhanced by Eli, but give credit where it is due. Cruz is a star with, or without Eli.

People were saying the same thing about the "other" Steve Smith. Once he left Eli whats he done?

ashleymarie
09-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Even when Eli wins the next superbowl he will be regarded as "lucky". That's a lot of luck for one man.

PBTimmons
09-19-2012, 04:35 PM
People were saying the same thing about the "other" Steve Smith. Once he left Eli whats he done?

Steve Smith was a sure handed possession receiver. Not a game breaking talent like Cruz.

TheAnalyst
09-19-2012, 04:37 PM

Dude, he was injuried pretty bad and was never the same.

repeatchamps
09-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Even when Eli wins the next superbowl he will be regarded as "lucky". That's a lot of luck for one man.

Unless he puts up 400 yards and 5 TD's in a Super Bowl, everyone will still say he's lucky. I actually think he has to win two more Super Bowls putting up those kind of numbers before people will finally give in. They'd have to as that'd put him with Montana. Two blow out wins with gaudy numbers and two white nucklers. Montana carbon copy lol.

thomsoad
09-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Dude, he was injuried pretty bad and was never the same.
Dude, fact is he never played again with Eli after his injury.

NYKiller
09-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Eli is becoming a dangerous QB, but he is working with some elite talent on offense. Giants still need a very good OT to help the consistency.

thomsoad
09-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Steve Smith was a sure handed possession receiver. Not a game breaking talent like Cruz.
Exactly...and how many possession receivers have the kind of year he had?
Eli made SS...not the other way around.

ashleymarie
09-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Unless he puts up 400 yards and 5 TD's in a Super Bowl, everyone will still say he's lucky. I actually think he has to win two more Super Bowls putting up those kind of numbers before people will finally give in. They'd have to as that'd put him with Montana. Two blow out wins with gaudy numbers and two white nucklers. Montana carbon copy lol.

Haha Even with those numbers, naysayers will say "he has SOME talent, but he sure is goofy looking". LOL It may never get any better than that for him. :confused:

nycisgreat
09-19-2012, 04:46 PM

Simply put! No. People will always hate Eli for absolutely no reason. You can never provide a rational thought to a irrational person. Eli's resume speaks for it's self whether naysayers expect it or not.

nycisgreat
09-19-2012, 04:47 PM

I agree with you 100%.

JB456
09-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Haha Even with those numbers, naysayers will say "he has SOME talent, but he sure is goofy looking". LOL It may never get any better than that for him. :confused:

I really hoped that the Giants game planned for Nicks to be out tomorrow or this game might get out of hand.

PBTimmons
09-19-2012, 05:06 PM

I was never arguing that. Steve Smith doesn't compare to Cruz.

I really hoped that the Giants game planned for Nicks to be out tomorrow or this game might get out of hand.

I'm sure they were working Randle and Barden heavy at practice this week. If the coaches aren't prepared for something like this than they can't call themselves professionals. Point is, I believe they might have been smoke screening.

G-MENBK
09-19-2012, 05:08 PM
If he still hasn't, he never will. It's okay. Fans prefer championships and hardware vs. analysts and their lust for regular season stats.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-19-2012, 05:11 PM

I don't follow.

Why would a win over the Panthers change their opinion. If they doubt him they're just haters at this point.

You mean because Nicks is out? Nicks has missed some games every season.

TheBookOfEli
09-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Even if Eli has a great game and Barde and/or Jerrnigan have a big day, then people will still find an excuse, blame it on "the giants have a system in place for Eli to put up big stats."

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Personally im hoping this is Elis "stick it to ya" game.Personally, I am very tired of this and I dont care at all anymore. Eli is our QB, he is goofy looking, he has had decision issues, interception issues, BUT he has won a ton of huge games, set many records, kept us on the edge of our seat and pulled through, BTW he has also won us 2 Superbowls along with 2 SB MVP awards. Let anyone say what they want, I am sure if the nay sayers had them on their team they wouldnt be talking out their arse. NUFF SAID It is what it is, and He is what He is.......OUR STARTING 2 Time SB MVP QB!

Harooni
09-19-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't see why so many are concerned over what fans think of Eli. Eli's first half of last week is exactly why people talk.

Eli at times can look like a rookie out there when he isnt feeling it. he also can look like a star QB when he is on. He plays better on the road then at home.

he is very clutch and likes to play when he is behind, probably due to losing to peyton all the time as kids he was always tring to catch up.

it is what it is ,and Eli is our QB and is good enough to be a SB winner. He has matured a lot over the years and baby steps has improved.

thomsoad
09-19-2012, 05:57 PM
I don't see why so many are concerned over what fans think of Eli. .

To be frank...its annoying.
Kinda like Tebow but in reverse.

The_ One
09-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Personally im hoping this is Elis "stick it to ya" game.Welcome to planet Earth, about time you made it back, some breaking news for you, Eli is ELITE. Two time SB MVP.

Giants5699
09-19-2012, 06:13 PM
he will never prove them wrong. Eli is a guy people like to disregard for some reason and it's always backed up with some kind of BS. However, people in the NFL know what he brings to the table.

Eli TO Shockey
09-19-2012, 06:21 PM

right...his microfracture surgery had nothing to do with it.

Harooni
09-19-2012, 09:33 PM
I realize it gets old and annoying, we should all have faith in him by now. but at the same token its old and annoying how he is a notorious slow starter.

NoHuddle10
09-19-2012, 09:39 PM
I don't see why so many are concerned over what fans think of Eli. Eli's first half of last week is exactly why people talk.

Eli at times can look like a rookie out there when he isnt feeling it. he also can look like a star QB when he is on. He plays better on the road then at home.

he is very clutch and likes to play when he is behind, probably due to losing to peyton all the time as kids he was always tring to catch up.

it is what it is ,and Eli is our QB and is good enough to be a SB winner. He has matured a lot over the years and baby steps has improved.

Did you see Tom Brady's first half last week at home again AZ? Did you see Drew Brees first half last week? Did you see Peyton's first half last week?

Eli's first half troubles got more press than any of those other three. Even after Eli WON the game and threw for 510 yards and 3 TDS. Brady, Brees, and Peyton LOST their games.

Battyboyy
09-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Eli will always have doubters but who cares!

Drez
09-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Did you see Tom Brady's first half last week at home again AZ? Did you see Drew Brees first half last week? Did you see Peyton's first half last week?

Eli's first half troubles got more press than any of those other three. Even after Eli WON the game and threw for 510 yards and 3 TDS. Brady, Brees, and Peyton LOST their games.
Actually, 90% of what I've heard about the Giants game this past week had to do with the kneel down.

Peyton's first half has gotten a TON of press.

Not so much the others.

Harooni
09-19-2012, 09:42 PM

Eli's first half troubles got more press than any of those other three. Even after Eli WON the game and threw for 510 yards and 3 TDS. Brady, Brees, and Peyton LOST their games. all qb's have those, with Eli it happens more often than not, he is known for starting slow and picking it up in the fourth qtr. look how many games we win by less than 4 points.

Rudyy
09-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Actually, 90% of what I've heard about the Giants game this past week had to do with the kneel down.

Not so much the others.Actually, Eli got a lot of positive feedback for that game, people are saying Tom Brady is done, and Peyton isn't the same, and etc.

Captain Chaos
09-20-2012, 04:42 AM

Dito!

rainierjef
09-20-2012, 04:46 AM
Play within the scheme and get open, he will get it to you. He has said this multiple times, receivers just need to run their routes and get open, Eli will handle the rest.

rainierjef
09-20-2012, 04:51 AM

Not so much the others.

Yeah. Surprisingly they did not harp much on his 3 int's. More focus was placed on Couglhin and Schiano with regards to the last 5 seconds of the game. I think a lot of giants fans get paranoid when eli messes up; cause we can forecast the media scrutiny he is going to endure. Not every analyst is out to bash Eli and if they do who cares, pissing us off its what they get paid to do.

Drez
09-20-2012, 06:23 AM
Yeah. Surprisingly they did not harp much on his 3 int's. More focus was placed on Couglhin and Schiano with regards to the last 5 seconds of the game. I think a lot of giants fans get paranoid when eli messes up; cause we can forecast the media scrutiny he is going to endure. Not every analyst is out to bash Eli and if they do who cares, pissing us off its what they get paid to do.
Well, when you put up the other numbers Eli did on Sunday (and win), those 3 ints get overlooked a little.

nygfanmaybe
09-20-2012, 07:20 AM
all qb's have those, with Eli it happens more often than not, he is known for starting slow and picking it up in the fourth qtr. look how many games we win by less than 4 points.

Have you ever seen Eli go over to Kilbride after a series and stand there with Carr as they look at pictures and discuss the situation? Do you think they are looking at pictures of their kids? It might explain why things get better as time goes on. Teams are notorious for changing things from game to game, and the film you have studied may not apply to what they are doing on Sunday, so it's possible that once they see how the opposition is going to attack, they plan their counter-attack, and then they do better later in the game.

Or...it could be that late in the game they turn the reins over to Eli and let him run the hurry-up, no huddle which they are very good at. When asked why they don't do that all game, Eli responded that they like having that in their pocket as a fall back...it may not work so well in the end if they've been doing it all day. Basically, he said that it works the way they've been doing things, so why change.

Or...most likely a combination of both and knowing that you can win in those situations certainly doesn't hurt.

Giant_Chief1976
09-20-2012, 07:27 AM

If two SB MVPs, record breaking 4th quarters, and numerous last second game-winning drives do quiet the naysayers, a game against CAR isn't going to make a dent.

gumby74
09-20-2012, 08:40 AM
i love it that Eli fan boys still get butt hurt over nothing.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-20-2012, 09:37 AM
No, but who cares? Eli will always have naysayers because of the draft, his last name, and the way he looks. All that should matter to Giant fans is 2 SB rings....so far....

TroyArcher
09-20-2012, 09:56 AM

Too late, he already has done it.

GameTime
09-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Too late, he already has done it.
+1....

gumby74
09-20-2012, 12:26 PM
One thing I'm curious about is who are those people that always talk trash about him? The media is completely riding his jock right now.

burier
09-20-2012, 12:33 PM
The thread was created because Jason Whitlock called him mediocre and lucky like 20 times in his column. Sadly we Eli fans don't just invent excuses to defend him.

BurnerNYG
09-20-2012, 12:34 PM
I could've sworn he already did that.

giantsfan420
09-20-2012, 12:37 PM
not for some burner, unfortunately not for some

BurnerNYG
09-20-2012, 12:43 PM
not for some burner, unfortunately not for someThey're just in denial... they'll wake up when Eli retires and they realize that not only was he great but he was better than his older brother.

fansince69
09-20-2012, 12:45 PM
They're just in denial... they'll wake up when Eli retires and they realize that not only was he great but he was better than his older brother.

This is true ...He is much better than Cooper

Tommy_Ribs
09-20-2012, 12:47 PM
If anyone is a nay-sayer of Eli at this point, I think they are pretty much a moron.

I think we win at least one more SB with him, and he goes to the Hall of Fame.

sharick88
09-20-2012, 12:49 PM

Eli could walk on water, turn water into wine, and he would still have people knocking him. A great game by him against the panthers won't change ****.

sharick88
09-20-2012, 12:50 PM
They're just in denial... they'll wake up when Eli retires and they realize that not only was he great but he was better than his older brother.

Some people are just Eli hating addicts. The first step in the road to recovery is to admit that you have a problem. These people will never do that.

jakegibbs
09-20-2012, 12:53 PM

Simple answer: NO, he will always been seen to some as being just average. He looks like a normal guy. He don't run a 4.4. He don't have a rocket arm. He doesn't have that IT that seperates him from average QBs. To some he will always be Goober. That's just a fact of life I'm afraid.

GameTime
09-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Eli has been there and done that....
**** the naysayers....

BurnerNYG
09-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Simple answer: NO, he will always been seen to some as being just average. He looks like a normal guy. He don't run a 4.4. He don't have a rocket arm. He doesn't have that IT that seperates him from average QBs. To some he will always be Goober. That's just a fact of life I'm afraid.He's does have a nice arm... screw all that rocket ish. No offense but he is a country bama... him and his brother. It is what it is!

BurnerNYG
09-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Some people are just Eli hating addicts. The first step in the road to recovery is to admit that you have a problem. These people will never do that.Cowboy fans...they're everywhere.

GameTime
09-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Cowboy fans...they're everywhere.
like rats and roaches....

krankeybluechick
09-20-2012, 01:16 PM
He has nothing to prove after 2 Super Bowl MVP's. Screw anyone who feels otherwise! Oops, can I say screw???? lol

fansince69
09-20-2012, 01:17 PM
He has nothing to prove after 2 Super Bowl MVP's. Screw anyone who feels otherwise! Oops, can I say screw???? lol
Obviously you can

krankeybluechick
09-20-2012, 01:22 PM
I new I could it was just a little sarcasm on my part!! :p

fansince69
09-20-2012, 01:23 PM
I new I could it was just a little sarcasm on my part!! :p

i was being sarcastic right back ..lol

Eliscruzzz
09-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Eli doesn't have to prove anything else but he will.This is a guy with 2SB MVPS and 2 SB RINGS( I think only 4 other qbs have done this) in just 8 years which means he's heading into his prime,

He has already thrown for over 25,000 and threw for over 4000 yards the last three seasons...... this year he will be over 30,000 yards

He has 189 TDs to 132 which will only get better each year.... he will have over 200 td's by the end of the season

He has the record for most road playoff wins with 5 and two at neutral sites with a playoff record of 8-3......and hasn't missed a game in his career.

I'd say Eli has nothing else to prove besides getting a league MVP that would be the icing on the cake, but where he's come from and how he was bashed by the media, fans, and teammates early on in his career and has turned some of his doubters minds around yeah you (TIKI) playing in NY that adds to his legacy every little thing even being Peyton's little brother and being able to over come what Peyton couldn't the Evil Patriots 2 times in the biggest game.... you get it...... NOTHING ELSE TO PROVE ELI=ELITE!!!!!!

Medisleman
09-20-2012, 01:26 PM

I'd rather be lucky than good.

krankeybluechick
09-20-2012, 01:42 PM
i was being sarcastic right back ..lol

Lol :)

Harooni
09-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Have you ever seen Eli go over to Kilbride after a series and stand there with Carr as they look at pictures and discuss the situation? Do you think they are looking at pictures of their kids? It might explain why things get better as time goes on. Teams are notorious for changing things from game to game, and the film you have studied may not apply to what they are doing on Sunday, so it's possible that once they see how the opposition is going to attack, they plan their counter-attack, and then they do better later in the game.

Or...it could be that late in the game they turn the reins over to Eli and let him run the hurry-up, no huddle which they are very good at. When asked why they don't do that all game, Eli responded that they like having that in their pocket as a fall back...it may not work so well in the end if they've been doing it all day. Basically, he said that it works the way they've been doing things, so why change.

Or...most likely a combination of both and knowing that you can win in those situations certainly doesn't hurt. I see your point , what ever it is, however i read an article about Eli's first to quarters compared to Arron Rodgers and Rodgers had much better numbers and Eli had much better numbers during the 4th quarter. Eli clutch when trying to make a comeback and Rodgers not so much. but what people fail to understand is if Your Offense sputters the first half it tires out your Defense pretty bad and also it much better to have a lead early than to constantly try and win it at the end.

Rusty192
09-20-2012, 04:34 PM
I see your point , what ever it is, however i read an article about Eli's first to quarters compared to Arron Rodgers and Rodgers had much better numbers and Eli had much better numbers during the 4th quarter. Eli clutch when trying to make a comeback and Rodgers not so much. but what people fail to understand is if Your Offense sputters the first half it tires out your Defense pretty bad and also it much better to have a lead early than to constantly try and win it at the end.When Eli finally retires, we should bring Barber back. He's obviously the reason we haven't signed Tiki.

myles2424
09-20-2012, 04:36 PM
2x Superbowl MVP coming off a 5,000 yard season & just dropped a 500yrd game, who gives a F-word what anyone thinks?

Harooni
09-20-2012, 04:37 PM
No its not Eli, its coughlin. but that issue is dead rusty. Eli playing well will not shut up his critics nor will Eli having a bad game stop his homer fans from thinking he is the best.

Rusty192
09-20-2012, 04:58 PM
No its not Eli, its coughlin. but that issue is dead rusty. Eli playing well will not shut up his critics nor will Eli having a bad game stop his homer fans from thinking he is the best.lol I know I was kidding.

And most people will admit when Eli has a bad game. It's just he hasn't had one in a while so we're still riding high from all those great ones. He's also not the only top QB to have a bad outing. Even though folks around here make it seem that way.

Robert21156
09-20-2012, 05:10 PM

You are so right about that. Eli's screwups (and yes we all acknowledge that he has more than we'd like) get LOTS of press, while other QB's just seem to get a pass (no pun intended) when they underperform.

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 05:12 PM
a road win with no weapons will certainly convert the haters

oh wait, even the Super Bowls didnt :)

NYKiller
09-20-2012, 05:18 PM
After two Superbowls it's time to say can the defense minus the front four prove the naysayers wrong starting TONIGHT. Hmmmmmm, well...

miked1958
09-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Yep he will. He will show everyone that he makes the WRs, not the other way around. He will go out with cruz and 3 with pretty much no experience and pretty much light up carolina. Counting the 3 rookie RBs and the new TE Bennett he pretty much is throwing to a whole new group this game other then Cruz .

Harooni
09-20-2012, 05:32 PM
The SB's prove Eli is clutch and he does not panic and they prove that he can take charge and lead the team to a comeback when when the game is close. However it didn't prove Eli can be solid for 4 quarters like many other qb;s can. sure all qb's will have bad games, but how many qb's can look awful and superb all in the same game?

Jiffy Jeff
09-20-2012, 05:38 PM
Hasn't he ALREADY???

jomo
09-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Personally im hoping this is Elis "stick it to ya" game.Say what??

Rusty192
09-20-2012, 06:22 PM
The SB's prove Eli is clutch and he does not panic and they prove that he can take charge and lead the team to a comeback when when the game is close. However it didn't prove Eli can be solid for 4 quarters like many other qb;s can. sure all qb's will have bad games, but how many qb's can look awful and superb all in the same game?Matthew stafford, Tony romo.

Giantterp
09-20-2012, 06:29 PM
I don't understand threads like this. I listen to A LOT of sports talk radio. It seems like pretty much every expert now says Eli is a top 5 QB in the league and a HOF or potential HOF QB.

Only a few idiots from time to time call him lucky.

Harooni
09-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Matthew stafford, Tony romo. touche on romo , that is true

ny06
09-20-2012, 07:28 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/bjamx5.jpg