PDA

View Full Version : These mid week Giants games blow.....for the fans and team.....

BlueJayC
09-19-2012, 04:15 PM
It throws my whole week off not to mention it doesn't give the team enough time to prep/heal. Get rid of these Thursday games altogether and restrict NFL football to Sunday's the way god initially intended......

But seriously this blows.....now I'm either going to come into work extremely hungover or not at all on Friday and pending the outcome of the game it may ruin my weekend before the weekend even gets here......can't sit through a whole day of NFL ball if the Giants end up in the L column tomorrow night. These midweek games are awful......

fansince69
09-19-2012, 04:54 PM
It throws my whole week off not to mention it doesn't give the team enough time to prep/heal. Get rid of these Thursday games altogether and restrict NFL football to Sunday's the way god initially intended......

But seriously this blows.....now I'm either going to come into work extremely hungover or not at all on Friday and pending the outcome of the game it may ruin my weekend before the weekend even gets here......can't sit through a whole day of NFL ball if the Giants end up in the L column tomorrow night. These midweek games are awful......

YEAH.....and they put it on NFL network which half the state doesn't get because of Time Warner

bandwgn86
09-19-2012, 04:56 PM

i'd go with not at all.. than you'd have all day to drink away your hangover..

you're welcome

PBTimmons
09-19-2012, 05:02 PM
YEAH! Plus, I am hungover at work on Friday morning. It's a prediction.

Eliscruzzz
09-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Is sucks when the Giants have to do it but when it's not them I love it. It kinda sucks waiting all the way till Sunday to watch the pros.

Gmen2005
09-19-2012, 05:51 PM
I hate thursday night games. I'd much rather the Giants play every single game sunday afternoon at 1 pm.

DandyDon
09-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Thursday night games suck. Especially 2 in 3 weeks (yeah one was wednesday, but it sucked too ;-)

TheAnalyst
09-19-2012, 07:45 PM
I think this sucks because we just had a mod week game. If we had our Thursday game in week 10 or something, it wouldn't be as bad. But I agree. I want Sunday games, I like 4pm games the best.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
09-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Well that's the NFL's way to strong arm cable companies into carrying it's network.

IM good without it.

NYGfanNC
09-19-2012, 08:25 PM
the positive is it gives us extended time to prepare for the egirls

Cool Papa B.
09-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Well, look at the bright side, this will be the last mid week game of the season.

jax5338
09-19-2012, 08:51 PM
i actually don't mind thursday night games. id prefer a sunday 1 pm or 4pm any day, but thursday night isnt as bad as sunday or monday night IMO.

monday nights are the worst. you have to wait an extra day, go thru another work day, and then get no sleep from either excitement or disappointment the next day. also the ESPN broadcast stinks.

at least the thursday nighters don't make you wait as long, and then you have one day before a nice weekend of even more football, made even sweeter by a win! a loss is a different story but you can use the whole weekend to drink away some pain lol.

Medisleman
09-19-2012, 09:32 PM
I agree with this post 100%. I HATE thursday night football. Greedy NFL *******s.

BigBlueAllDay
09-19-2012, 09:39 PM
To be fair, every NFL team will be playing a Thursday game this year.

fletch842
09-19-2012, 09:43 PM
in general, I don't like it. I have found that in most of these games, one of the two teams just wasn't ready for it, short week and all. Just don't think the football is as good.

gulfcoastblue1
09-19-2012, 10:38 PM
I love and hate them. i like it because i dont have to wait a whole week for next game.i hate because it sucks there isnt a gaint game on sunday.I also enjoy the late season sat games at 4 and then later that night.how about moving thurs games to fri nights and call it friday night lights game of the week.i know nfl will say it wont get ratings because its fri and people are going out and ratings will be poor.but would give teams extra day to rest and prepare.

Martyr
09-19-2012, 10:42 PM
I know they suck, I work at night so I end up missing them. I would take the day off but I already took week 1 wedesday off.

Captain Chaos
09-20-2012, 04:31 AM
The only good thing is we get a fairly long lay off to get ready for the Eagles, I think we'll need that time!

Rat_bastich
09-20-2012, 05:29 AM
It sucks because it is on the NFL Network, its a long time before the next game and I also work during the weekdays. It's good because it gives the players a chance to mend afterwards for over a week.

I hope they win tonight and don't lay an egg or this week will feel even longer than the Dallas to Tampa game did.

egyptian420
09-20-2012, 07:03 AM
I honestly can't complain because I have Fridays off on my university schedule so I certainly will wake up hung over but thank God I don't have school or work.....just hoping for a win