PDA

View Full Version : Post your Ramses Predictions!!

thomsoad
09-19-2012, 04:39 PM
This is it...No Hixon or Nicks.
This is Bardens moment to sink or swim....What do you think?
Have we found our 12 version of Cruz OR do we have Sinorice Moss Jr?

Im putting mine out there...right or wrong: 6 catches...87 yards...1 TD.

drewz
09-19-2012, 04:40 PM
about the same.. 75 yards and a touchdown

NYKiller
09-19-2012, 04:47 PM
I think Barden will try to have a big game because he knows the depth of the receivers on the team. I believe he will have a good game, but I'm more curious to see if he can do anything after the catch.

JesseJames
09-19-2012, 04:47 PM
all I have to say about Barden is, if not now when will be a better time for him to show he can play in this league...

Buddy333
09-19-2012, 04:49 PM
I would even like it if he only had a few catches but for game changing 1st downs. I wold love to see a 100 yard game wit 2 TD's but this is his 1st time starting in the NFL.

JB456
09-19-2012, 04:51 PM
6 catches for 55 yards with a TD

myles2424
09-19-2012, 04:54 PM
All of our stars showed their talent & potential early on.....All of our former bums stuck around too long & showed nothing when given the chance.....
I wish the best for Barden, but my hopes arent too high.....I hope Randle gets a few passes thrown his way...

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 04:58 PM
3 catches for 35 yards. Or one catch for 16 yards.

Its one or the other

thomsoad
09-19-2012, 05:01 PM
3 catches for 35 yards. Or one catch for 16 yards.

Its one or the other
OUCH!

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 05:07 PM
A quick review of previous Ramses Barden outings.

This season, 1 catch for 24 yards.
Last year

Games of

2 catches for 24 yards
1 catch for 13 yards
3 catches for 38 yards (career high in both catches and yards)
1 catch for 9 yards
1 catch for 6 yards
1 catch for 4 yards

1 catch for 8 yards
1 catch for 22 yards
3 catches for 34 yards.

1 catch for 16 yards.

So anything over 3 catches, or anything over 38 yards is a career high for Barden. Or of course, a TD.

Eliscruzzz
09-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Bennett will see more balls his way then Barden but I still say he has 4 catches 55 yards

JesseJames
09-19-2012, 05:11 PM

Last year

Games of

2 catches for 24 yards
1 catch for 13 yards
1 catch for 9 yards
1 catch for 6 yards
1 catch for 4 yards

1 catch for 8 yards
1 catch for 22 yards
3 catches for 34 yards.

1 catch for 16 yards.

So anything over 3 catches, or anything over 38 yards is a career high for Barden. Or of course, a TD.

not a very impressive resume to show for 3 years as a pro..I'm starting to get the Clint Sintim, Sinorice Moss feeling about this guy, but I would love it if he proves me wrong about him, just not sold on him yet....

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 05:17 PM
im gonna go way out on a limb and say, bc 44 aint going and brown/wilson are in this heavy playing time situation for the first time, that we are going to air it out a lot...even w/o nicks.

8 catches on 12 targets for 120 and a TD

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 05:20 PM
8 catches on 12 targets for 120 and a TD

hahaha thats funny

nycisgreat
09-19-2012, 05:26 PM

I am going out on a limb for this guy, but I think he could put up 150 yds on 10 rec. The reason being that Cruz and Bennett will be doubled and possibly triple teamed. I think Randle will also have little break out party. I think many people in the league think our passes attack lays with Cruz and Nick, I think Eli brings the best out of TEs and WRs and make them the best that they can be.

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 05:30 PM
10 catches for 150 yards?

Lol. This is getting funnier and funnier.

TheBookOfEli
09-19-2012, 05:36 PM
4 Catches for 55 yards No TD's. And that's pushing it.

juice33s
09-19-2012, 05:36 PM

Last year

Games of

2 catches for 24 yards
1 catch for 13 yards
1 catch for 9 yards
1 catch for 6 yards
1 catch for 4 yards

1 catch for 8 yards
1 catch for 22 yards
3 catches for 34 yards.

1 catch for 16 yards.

Non of those were as the starting receiver though

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Non of those were as the starting receiver though

He played 3 quarters against the Bucs last week.

He played almost the entire game last season against the Jets.

Hes had a ton of opportunities.

Cruz only started 7 games last season.

Cruz games where he WASENT a starter

2 for 17
3 for 110
6 for 98
8 for 161
2 for 12
7 for 91
6 for 84
6 for 128

But yea, the problem is that Ramses wasent a "starter". lol

juice33s
09-19-2012, 05:43 PM
He played 3 quarters against the Bucs last week.

He played almost the entire game last season against the Jets.

Hes had a ton of opportunities.

Cruz only started 7 games last season.

Cruz games where he WASENT a starter

2 for 17
3 for 110
6 for 98
8 for 161
2 for 12
7 for 91
6 for 84
6 for 128

But yea, the problem is that Ramses wasent a "starter". lol
He played 3 quarters against the bucs as the 3rd reciever...He's never been this high on the depth chart in a game he's ever appeared in, so to predict his production from previous appearances where he got a few snaps or even 50% of the snaps, when he's about to play in about 100% would be inaccurate

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 05:46 PM
He played 3 quarters against the bucs as the 3rd reciever...He's never been this high on the depth chart in game he's ever appeared in, so to predict his production from previous appearances where he go a few snaps or even 50% of the snaps when he's about to play in about 100% would be inaccurate

You keep changing it, first it was that he wasent a starter (which Cruz proved was clearly meaningless) then it was that he was only the 3rd receiver on the field (Cruz proved that was no issue last season too). And now its what, that Eli is going to force him the ball?

Eli will throw to Cruz and to Bennett, then Barden will be the 3rd option, i wouldnt be surprised if the receiver who is technically the number 4, either Randle or Jernigan gets more catches than Barden.

I honestly do not understand why some are so high on him, and think he only has such crap numbers because he hasent had an opportunity.

If Barden was a great player every time he was on the field he would get more opportunities. Cruz sure did.

juice33s
09-19-2012, 05:49 PM
You keep changing it, first it was that he wasent a starter (which Cruz proved was clearly meaningless) then it was that he was only the 3rd receiver on the field (Cruz proved that was no issue last season too). And now its what, that Eli is going to force him the ball?

Eli will throw to Cruz and to Bennett, then Barden will be the 3rd option, i wouldnt be surprised if the receiver who is technically the number 4, either Randle or Jernigan gets more catches than Barden.

I honestly do not understand why some are so high on him, and think he only has such crap numbers because he hasent had an opportunity.

If Barden was a great player every time he was on the field he would get more opportunities. Cruz sure did.
Thank you for proving he's not Victor Cruz, that's real ground breaking information right there

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Thank you for proving he's not Victor Cruz, that's real ground breaking information right there

He has been inactive most of his NFL career. You tell me why that is. Because hes a great WR and the giants have 5 great WRs in front of him?

Hixon was out for two years with torn ACLs, comes back and is already higher on the depth chart than Ramses.

But go on, keep believing he is going to have this 150 yard game.

burier
09-19-2012, 05:58 PM
There's no reason to believe a guy who has been mostly (totally) garbage is suddenly gonna go over the century mark.

But damn..Eli just dropped a 500 burger so anything is possible.

juice33s
09-19-2012, 05:59 PM
He has been inactive most of his NFL career. You tell me why that is. Because hes a great WR and the giants have 5 great WRs in front of him?

Hixon was out for two years with torn ACLs, comes back and is already higher on the depth chart than Ramses.

But go on, keep believing he is going to have this 150 yard game.
Lol when did I ever say he was a great receiver and was going to have 150 yards? I was simply pointing out your irrational logic that because he had 1 catch in a 3 snap game, he would again have 1 catch in a 60 snap game.

My prediction for Barden is 5 catches for 70 yards

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 06:07 PM
slip, u do realize this thread is asking for ppls opinions right? u feel differently than some one, great. ur stance is no more valid or right than anyone elses. u may think u know everything, but u dont. i know barden doing what i predicted is a looooooong shot...so what? its my opinion. at this moment, u cant say what will or wont happen anymore than the rest of us. just saying bc it seems like ur laughing at ppls opinions n thats not an issue, but trying to like get us to change our opinions bc it doesnt match urs is an issue.

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 06:09 PM
You are saying Ramses, despite being the #3 receiver for 3 quarters against the Bucs, only played 3 snaps?

And you are saying this is clearly an indication that Ramses is a going to be great?

I wouldnt be surprised at all if Randle got more snaps than Barden.

Barden just is not a good player, he has never done anything to remotely show he is capable of making any significant contributions to the giants offense.

BTW, Barden played 47 snaps against the Bucs.. And had 1 catch...

So if we extrapolate that into Barden playing every offensive snap, the giants had 84 plays on offense. Barden should have had 2 catches against the Bucs. Very impressive for sure

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 06:09 PM
slip, i dont think u understand what an opinion is and what this thread is asking. if someone wants to believe he puts up 150, thats their choice. man ur coming off extra pretentious tonight.

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 06:10 PM
slip, u do realize this thread is asking for ppls opinions right? u feel differently than some one, great. ur stance is no more valid or right than anyone elses. u may think u know everything, but u dont. i know barden doing what i predicted is a looooooong shot...so what? its my opinion. at this moment, u cant say what will or wont happen anymore than the rest of us. just saying bc it seems like ur laughing at ppls opinions n thats not an issue, but trying to like get us to change our opinions bc it doesnt match urs is an issue.

I just dont understand where people get the idea that Barden is a great player, just has decided to be average up until this game.

Giants5699
09-19-2012, 06:10 PM
This is the chance Barden has been waiting for since he got drafted. He knows that his future rides on his game.

6 catches, 85 yards, 2 TD's

I think Bennett sees more targets because of the Nicks injury though.

juice33s
09-19-2012, 06:16 PM
You are saying Ramses, despite being the #3 receiver for 3 quarters against the Bucs, only played 3 snaps?

And you are saying this is clearly an indication that Ramses is a going to be great?

I wouldnt be surprised at all if Randle got more snaps than Barden.

Barden just is not a good player, he has never done anything to remotely show he is capable of making any significant contributions to the giants offense.

First of all stop stop putting words in my mouth......Barden will get a chance to play the entire game as the number 2 WR, he has never had this opportunity before, what do you not understand about this? Why you insist on saying because he did something in a lesser situation, means he'll do the exact same thing in a greater situation makes no sense at all.

Your theory is along the same lines as saying if 1x1=1 then 1x2 must equal 1 as well.

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 06:17 PM
slip-who said hes a great player? i hadnt seen one person say that. even poor players can have big games occasionally.

and besides, i think ELI is great, and he elevates those around him. i fully believe we will win. w/o 44 and 88, we're gonna need offense from somewhere. hixons out too. but know who isnt'? eli. i beleve barden at the least can run the correct routes. that right there will get him targets from eli.

cruz will be doubled id assume, but i still think we can get him his. we're gonna need it from somewhere else. i think Randle also has a good game like 4 catches for 60 yds. maybe even a td. and i think bennett has a HUGE day as well. all that, with Brown and wilson giving us like 80 yds, and thats how I see us winning. jmo tho, certainly can understand ur stance on this.

Giants5699
09-19-2012, 06:20 PM

Last year

Games of

2 catches for 24 yards
1 catch for 13 yards
1 catch for 9 yards
1 catch for 6 yards
1 catch for 4 yards

1 catch for 8 yards
1 catch for 22 yards
3 catches for 34 yards.

1 catch for 16 yards.

Remember Hixon against Seattle a few years back? Barden has a slight advantage because
a)Carolina's corners aren't top notch
b)There is not a lot of tape on Barden
c(and most importantly))Eli is throwing the ball.

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 06:23 PM
First of all stop stop putting words in my mouth......Barden will get a chance to play the entire game as the number 2 WR, he has never had this opportunity before, what do you not understand about this? Why you insist on saying because he did something in a lesser situation, means he'll do the exact same thing in a greater situation makes no sense at all.

He played 47 snaps against the Bucs! 47! The offense is usually on the field for only 80 snaps the entire game. He was out there for more than half the snaps.

The giants offense had about 500 total yards of offense after Hixon got hurt. Barden contributed 16 of those?

Its obvious Eli would far rather force the ball to any of his other receivers than throw to Barden.

This #2 thing is bogus as well. Cruz was the #3 and Eli threw to him more than he threw to the #1 or #2. So why is Barden special?

If Barden does nothing this game, are you all going to suggest that he needs to be the #1 to be successful?

Its just a nonsense argument. If Barden was a great receiver, he would be a great receiver.

More and more snaps to an average receiver doesnt make them a better receiver.

47 snaps and 1 catch. While the offense was putting on a total show and putting up 500+ yards and 25 points in the 4th quarter.

That just shows how useless barden is. He contributed virtually nothing.

NorwoodBlue
09-19-2012, 06:24 PM
slip-who said hes a great player? i hadnt seen one person say that. even poor players can have big games occasionally.

and besides, i think ELI is great, and he elevates those around him. i fully believe we will win. w/o 44 and 88, we're gonna need offense from somewhere. hixons out too. but know who isnt'? eli. i beleve barden at the least can run the correct routes. that right there will get him targets from eli.

cruz will be doubled id assume, but i still think we can get him his. we're gonna need it from somewhere else. i think Randle also has a good game like 4 catches for 60 yds. maybe even a td. and i think bennett has a HUGE day as well. all that, with Brown and wilson giving us like 80 yds, and thats how I see us winning. jmo tho, certainly can understand ur stance on this.

Barden will have a few catches, maybe 5 or 6 for 60 yd. I'm interested to see how many snaps Randle gets on the outside, he could be the biggest one to capitalize on this opportunity. Also, I think you'll see Jernigan in the slot for quite a few plays, and he could break one. Eli's going to have to look away from Cruz to get him open, and if these guys can find space, Eli might keep going to them until Carolina shuts them down.

Andre Brown has to show he's for real. If they can get the running game open, it makes it easier for all these guys.

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Remember Hixon against Seattle a few years back? Barden has a slight advantage because
a)Carolina's corners aren't top notch
b)There is not a lot of tape on Barden
c(and most importantly))Eli is throwing the ball.

Hixon was picked up near the end of the 2007 season. After the 2007 offseason heading into 2008, Hixon put up these numbers

week 1 - 3 catches for 60 yards
week 2 - 3 catches for 29 yards
week 3 - 4 catches for 102 yards

Those were his FIRST THREE GAMES with any snaps at receiver for the giants.

Hixon had more yards in his first three games playing receiver than Barden has had in 4 years!

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 06:27 PM
ur argument is so flawed and invalid its ridic on so many levels and for so many reasons. yeah vs tb "eli was sure forcing it to nicks n cruz so he wouldnt have to pass to barden" lmfao jerry rice coulda been the 3 and eli woulda kept on going to nicks n cruz.
and vs tb has no bearing on what happens vs carolina. new week vs a new team.

in the preseason vs chicago, nicks was out. barden looked great that opportunity with eli and was targeted way more than hixon who had the same snaps. lol u have plenty of reason to doubt barden does anything, u dont need to use illogical and flawed points.

river555
09-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Should be interesting. I expect Cruz to be double teamed so even more of a chance for Barden to shine. Im also thinking that if our D gives up too many points and we need to come from behind it could end up like last week where Eli makes 50 attempts for a lot yards. In this scenario Barden might end up with good numbers but hopefully its not in a losing effort.

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 06:29 PM
last time barden started for nicks, he had a td and like 5 catches in a half of football vs a talented chicago defense.

this barden vitriol is ridic and i hope he makes some of u ardent barden haters eat massive crow

slipknottin
ur argument is so flawed and invalid its ridic on so many levels and for so many reasons. yeah vs tb "eli was sure forcing it to nicks n cruz so he wouldnt have to pass to barden" lmfao jerry rice coulda been the 3 and eli woulda kept on going to nicks n cruz.

Eli kept going to Nicks and Cruz because Nicks and Cruz kept getting open and making plays.

Barden doesnt get the ball because Barden has never made a big play in his career, (no TDs, longest play of 16 yards) and does not get open often.

slipknottin
last time barden started for nicks, he had a td and like 5 catches in a half of football vs a talented chicago defense.

this barden vitriol is ridic and i hope he makes some of u ardent barden haters eat massive crow

Because preseason counts, lol!

Giants5699
09-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Hixon was picked up near the end of the 2007 season. After the 2007 offseason heading into 2008, Hixon put up these numbers

week 1 - 3 catches for 60 yards
week 2 - 3 catches for 29 yards
week 3 - 4 catches for 102 yards

Those were his FIRST THREE GAMES with any snaps at receiver for the giants.

Hixon had more yards in his first three games playing receiver than Barden has had in 4 years!

Barden hasn't had a chance to do anything. Call me delusional, but I think Barden can step up and perform. If he can't, Jernigan and Randle are both there as well. Stat comparisons are fine and dandy, but you have to judge things week by week. At the end of the day, past stats don't matter. Barden knows what he has to do and he also knows this is the best opportunity he has had in his career to show that he can perform. Nobody believed Hostetler could lead the Giants to a Superbowl... or that a career AFL player named Kurt Warner could do what he did... or that Matt Cassell could come in and lead the Patriots to an 11-5 record... but things happen, and when given the chance to step up and prove themselves, players either do or don't. You can't use stats to determine whether they will or won't because they are irrelevant. I'm not saying that Barden will do that, but this is his time to prove himself.. A situation he has yet to have in his career.

I Bleed Blue 56
09-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Hes going to have a monster game considering the panthers secondary is average. If eli keeps throwinf the ball Barden should be good tommrrow. I say 8 for 130 and a TD.

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Even more amusing. Sinorice Moss I dont think has a single fan on these forums. But lets compare some numbers.

Both were on the giants for 4 years (albeit this is Bardens 4th year)

Moss played in 37 games
Barden has played in 19 games

Moss had 39 catches for 421 yards and 3 TDs
Barden has 16 catches for 198 yards and 0 TDs

Moss more than doubled Bardens catches and yards, while putting up 3 TDs vs. Barden "the redzone threat" 0 TDs.

YATittle1962
Barden cannot get open

watch the film

it does not lie

he gets caught in coverage like it is a black widows web

giantsfan420
id say this preseason with barden and eli is way more indicative of what we could see tmrw night then stats u pulled from 3 yrs ago and when he was injured or when nicks/cruz have 300 yds between em etc etc etc

slipknottin
Barden hasn't had a chance to do anything.

Hes played hundreds of snaps. He played 47 snaps last week alone. He hasent done anything because he isnt very good.

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 06:36 PM
YA- he sure looked wide open on his reception and the missed target, didnt he?

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 06:37 PM
id say this preseason with barden and eli is way more indicative of what we could see tmrw night then stats u pulled from 3 yrs ago and when he was injured or when nicks/cruz have 300 yds between em etc etc etc

Lol. Yes preseason is the best case scenario for Barden. How many catches did he have against chicago? Oh 3 for 46 yards. Wow, incredible numbers.

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 06:37 PM

He found a hole in a zone once. Big deal, Ballard put up 604 yards doing that.

Watch the all-22, he is never open.

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 06:42 PM
well, he got open twice, no?

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 06:43 PM
well, he got open twice, no?

twice? in 47 snaps? Explains why he doesnt get the ball.

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 06:49 PM
i didnt say that. i dunno how many times he got open out of his snaps. i only know those 2 bc eli targeted him. he coulda been open on more snaps easly and it go unnoticed

Eliscruzzz
09-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Guys we can say all we want about Barden in what he is and isn't going to do but he will have his opportunity tomorrow and I for one hope he has the best game of his career, what he's done in the past is irrelevant for tomorrow game,it's what he does tomorrow night that matters, but I don't think it's crazy to think Barden will have over 5 catches over 80 considering the secondary we are playing and that Nicks is out plus Eli is going to be throwing him the ball and we all know that Eli will give him chances to make big plays it's just the matter of him making them.

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 06:55 PM
i didnt say that. i dunno how many times he got open out of his snaps. i only know those 2 bc eli targeted him. he coulda been open on more snaps easly and it go unnoticed

I mean he was sort of open on that incompletion, Eli had to elevate the ball over a LB, and let Barden use his height, but Barden barely could get to the ball and dropped it anyway as a safety hit him. Not much room to fit it in there, especially if Barden cant make high catches

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 06:55 PM
Guys we can say all we want about Barden in what he is and isn't going to do but he will have his opportunity tomorrow and I for one hope he has the best game of his career, what he's done in the past is irrelevant for tomorrow game,it's what he does tomorrow night that matters, but I don't think it's crazy to think Barden will have over 5 catches over 80 considering the secondary we are playing and that Nicks is out plus Eli is going to be throwing him the ball and we all know that Eli will give him chances to make big plays it's just the matter of him making them.

I hope he has a great day and continues it.

BeatYale
09-19-2012, 06:58 PM
3 receptions, 45 yards

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 07:34 PM

congrats to him he got open twice

now imagine that happening without 2 amazing receivers running wild all over the field taking the coverage with them

not gonna happen

byron
09-19-2012, 08:37 PM

now imagine that happening without 2 amazing receivers running wild all over the field taking the coverage with them

not gonna happen Eli should tell barden... break left at the manhole cover I'll hit your back shoulder....lol

nycsportzfan
09-20-2012, 01:58 AM

Last year

Games of

2 catches for 24 yards
1 catch for 13 yards
1 catch for 9 yards
1 catch for 6 yards
1 catch for 4 yards

1 catch for 8 yards
1 catch for 22 yards
3 catches for 34 yards.

1 catch for 16 yards.

So anything over 3 catches, or anything over 38 yards is a career high for Barden. Or of course, a TD. U forgot to put down how many starts hes had? I'm saying Barden goes for 4catches and 50yrds possibly a TD...

nycsportzfan
09-20-2012, 02:00 AM

not gonna happen Hes been open before.. Hes been injured a ton, and i bet its hard to get tons of balls thrown ur way if ur behind guys like Nicks, Cruz, and Mario for the majority of ur career, when ur actually even healthy.. If he dosen't capitolize on this opp , i'll have to agree, hes just a depth WR, who can make a catch from tiem to time, but not untill after tommorow..

joemorrisforprez
09-20-2012, 02:49 AM
about the same.. 75 yards and a touchdown

Sounds right to me....

miked1958
09-20-2012, 02:55 AM
hahaha thats funnyI will do him one better.10catches on 15 targets for 150 and 2 tds

Captain Chaos
09-20-2012, 04:09 AM
I thought he showed that he was figuring things out in the preseason, I hope he can contribute. If he makes more than 5 grabs and over 50 yards I think that will be good and figure that to be a positive anything more a bigger positive.

Note for Slip: If I have Nicks one on one with Talib I'm not even going to look for Barden, he's likely my 4th choice and Cruz, Nicks and Bennet were getting open on TB's secondary as the 1, 2, and 3. He was targeted twice one ball was out of his reach the other he caught. I'm not saying he's the next coming but he did his job.

TheEnigma
09-20-2012, 04:20 AM
I'm thinking something like 2-4 catches and around 25-55 yards and possibly a TD. With the Panthers major weakness at DT, I expect to see KG attack the middle of the Panthers defense more in this game than most. I have more expectations for Randle to make something happen in the deep game than for Barden to have a big performance like most expect.

Rat_bastich
09-20-2012, 05:38 AM
I'm thinking something like 2-4 catches and around 25-55 yards and possibly a TD. With the Panthers major weakness at DT, I expect to see KG attack the middle of the Panthers defense more in this game than most. I have more expectations for Randle to make something happen in the deep game than for Barden to have a big performance like most expect.

I would almost expect Bennett to have a good game. Soften up the middle and cause the already weak defensive tackles to not get any support from the inside backers. This should cause the defensive line to play hesitant and open up the gut even more. I would also like to see an old fashioned wishbone with Hynoski, Wilson and Brown in the backfield.

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 07:27 AM
im 98% sure he will have 5 catches, 1 TD and 60 yards receiving

Giant_Chief1976
09-20-2012, 07:31 AM

4 catches...54 yards...no TDs...not sold on this guy...if we win Eli, Cruz, Randle, and Brown will be the reasons.

miked1958
09-20-2012, 08:36 AM
He played 47 snaps against the Bucs! 47! The offense is usually on the field for only 80 snaps the entire game. He was out there for more than half the snaps.

The giants offense had about 500 total yards of offense after Hixon got hurt. Barden contributed 16 of those?

Its obvious Eli would far rather force the ball to any of his other receivers than throw to Barden.

This #2 thing is bogus as well. Cruz was the #3 and Eli threw to him more than he threw to the #1 or #2. So why is Barden special?

If Barden does nothing this game, are you all going to suggest that he needs to be the #1 to be successful?

Its just a nonsense argument. If Barden was a great receiver, he would be a great receiver.

More and more snaps to an average receiver doesnt make them a better receiver.

47 snaps and 1 catch. While the offense was putting on a total show and putting up 500+ yards and 25 points in the 4th quarter.

That just shows how useless barden is. He contributed virtually nothing.reason why he only had 16 after hixon was hurt is simple. He targeted Nicks, Cruz and MB over and over in that order. Not enough balls to go around. Also his numbers should of been slightly higher. Just prior to the pick six to end the half Eli threw to Barden 25/30 yards down field that would have put them in FG range. He threw it High and slightly to his left. Barden still should of had it but if the ball is right on the money he catches it.

So without Hixon and NIcks in the lineup i think we will see alot more balls go his way. Sure they will look to go to Cruz and MB first. Cruz will be doubled but will still get his share. I tink we can utilize barden because it wont be expected. Same goes for RR

Redeyejedi
09-20-2012, 10:17 AM

Last year

Games of

2 catches for 24 yards
1 catch for 13 yards
1 catch for 9 yards
1 catch for 6 yards
1 catch for 4 yards

1 catch for 8 yards
1 catch for 22 yards
3 catches for 34 yards.

1 catch for 16 yards.

So anything over 3 catches, or anything over 38 yards is a career high for Barden. Or of course, a TD. i was going to say 4 catches for 42 yards . Reason is he wont have Nicks out there to force the ball 2 he has to throw to someone

TroyArcher
09-20-2012, 10:44 AM
He will pull a hamstring during pre-game warm ups.

PBTimmons
09-20-2012, 10:45 AM
I for one don't think Barden ever had a legitimate opportunity like the one this presents. I feel this is the most realistic prediction I can come up with...

But before that, remember that the last time Giants were THIS depleted at WR was probably the 2010 game against washington when Nicks was out. And if Derek Hagan can grab 7 catches for 65 yards then anyone can.

Barden finishes today with 7 catches for 88 yards and a TD.

Not earth shattering numbers but it will get the job done.

GameTime
09-20-2012, 10:46 AM

he is neither "Cruz 2012" or "Moss Jr."
I think he has a modest night. Maybe 4 or 5 catches. Bennet, Cruz, and Pascoe get the TD's...

Mercury
09-20-2012, 11:08 AM
I predict he struggles to get open in the 1st Quarter and gets yanked in the second giving Randle the chance to perform.

I also hope I'm dead wrong and he lights them up. Maybe he can do his best Plaxico imitation.

GameTime
09-20-2012, 11:10 AM
He will pull a hamstring during pre-game warm ups.
now thats funny.....:D

burier
09-20-2012, 11:19 AM
lol this is the funniest thread.

I hope Barden or whoever tears it up but Ramses Barden has shown that he sucks as a player. That's what he put on film. He joggs it out over the middle and then allagator arms the ball.

He's shown that he's big for nothing as he always gets outworked for the ball in the air.

And he's shown that his lumbering body mechanics hurt his route running and make it difficult for him gain separation. There's no point in arguing. The man just has not produced and if he has a big game tonight everyone should be completely shocked.

bigblue999
09-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Barden simply is not fit for the NFL...he's doesn't have the mental toughness or passion needed to play at this level...I doubt he'll show up.

Unfortunately randle is still learning the playbook ...I rather go with jernigan.

Hooligans
09-20-2012, 12:07 PM

You are dreaming. Barden is big and slow. The one who might benefit from this game is Randle, and perhaps Jernigan.......but Barden runs like a lineman.

DaKraken
09-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Barden simply is not fit for the NFL...he's doesn't have the mental toughness or passion needed to play at this level...I doubt he'll show up.

This...

Dude has the measurables but not the ones above the neck that you want in an NFL professional. From afar (and obviously there is nothing personal in saying this), it seems like he is more interested in hanging with the crew of Hot97 radio and posting things on Twitter than putting in the work (mental prep especially) to become a quality NFL receiver. This is his chance...sadly I don't think we're going to see some breakout game, and I think that if this opportunity passes him by, his days with the Giants beyond this season are over.

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 12:44 PM
put yourself in Barden's place ... you are finally healthy, you finally know what your doing, you finally have some confidence, you have one of the best QBs throwing you the ball, you're not going against the greatest CBs ever and you can finally establish yourself as a legit NFL WR threat and look forward to a payday from some team

won't you play as hard and as great as you can ?

and if that dont work ... whoo hoo JJ and Randle

come on BLUE, we need this one !!!!

embeshAtYa
09-20-2012, 01:09 PM
i think he sucks. eli make him look better and we all happy....

Neverend
09-20-2012, 01:29 PM
If Barden starts the game from beginnign to end, I see him having an alright day

I can see him catching 2 or 3 passes underneath. I can see him winning on the 1 route he always separates with, and thats the slant or skinny post. Probably wins with that route two times in this game. I see him having one catch for over 20 yards in garbage time against a cushion and I expect barden to find his way in a couple of zones. On the other hand, I also see some passes hitting his feet when he gets targeted from Eli due to a lack of separation

So I'm expecting 7 catches for like 65 yards. Solid outing

nycisgreat
09-20-2012, 09:35 PM
10 catches for 150 yards?

Lol. This is getting funnier and funnier.

Hmmmm.

nycisgreat
09-20-2012, 09:36 PM
i think he sucks. eli make him look better and we all happy....

Eli makes even one on our offense better.

giantsfan420
09-20-2012, 09:53 PM
ahh hahahah "barden cant get open"

this is a DOMINANT performance by barden, who has EARNED playing time for the rest of the year. hes a legit, viable threat

slipknottin
09-20-2012, 09:59 PM
ahh hahahah "barden cant get open"

this is a DOMINANT performance by barden, who has EARNED playing time for the rest of the year. hes a legit, viable threat

He has always had a very difficult time getting off the line and beating man coverage. Fortunately hes playing against a rookie and beating him off the line. Still havent seen much man coverage against him, but he is finding holes in the zones and Eli is finding him.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I hope he does well, I hope he continues to do well. I dont want any giant to do badly. But Ramses had shown absolutely nothing at all up to this point.

I would like to see him up against a more physical CB, but that probably wont happen this game unless Gamble starts covering him.

giantsfan420
09-20-2012, 10:00 PM
i know u had the reasons to doubt, but i chose the reasons to believe...

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 10:02 PM
im so glad he is blowing away my 5 catch, 60 and 1 TD ... ooo but he owes me a TD ... great job Ramses

Bigbluefan77
09-20-2012, 10:02 PM
He has always had a very difficult time getting off the line and beating man coverage. Fortunately hes playing against a rookie and beating him off the line. Still havent seen much man coverage against him, but he is finding holes in the zones and Eli is finding him.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I hope he does well, I hope he continues to do well. I dont want any giant to do badly. But Ramses had shown absolutely nothing at all up to this point.

I would like to see him up against a more physical CB, but that probably wont happen this game unless Gamble starts covering him.
people still need to remember that

miked1958
09-20-2012, 11:52 PM
I will do him one better.10catches on 15 targets for 150 and 2 tdsMan I came pretty darn close outside of the 2 tds I predicted

giantsfan420
09-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah i had 8 for 120...but i think me n u were MUCH closer than a lot of ppl here

Giants5699
09-20-2012, 11:53 PM
slipknotin needs to eat some crow.

I had 8 for 85 and 2 TD.

giantsfan420
09-20-2012, 11:54 PM
alot of ppl do.

but they will need more time. even tho he had a cruz like breakout, he wont get the respect he EARNED tonight.

giantsfan420
09-20-2012, 11:55 PM
seeing barden so thankful to eli on the sidelines and eli being so happy for him tells me eli trusts him and believes in him

TheEnigma
09-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Not sure he will ever have a performance like that again (I mean it was pretty epic) but Hixon should sit on the bench after tonight when he returns.

Dwinsballgames
09-21-2012, 12:00 AM
all I'm going to say is that I read alot of posts earlier today in more than 1 thread, some by posters that I have respected that were openly ridiculing people who said Barden would have a good game tonight. and now all I am reading are excuses about why they were wrong, but not one has come out and openly admited they were wrong. Some people need to grow some stones around here.

BurnerNYG
09-21-2012, 12:01 AM
I never doubted Ramses... feels good!

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 12:02 AM
same here bud! i literally have been told how moronic it was to think barden was a capable wr...loved seeing him break out. like eli said, we gotta get him on the field more. hixon just went to the 4 wr imho

G.I. Ants
09-21-2012, 12:03 AM
Ya'll saw Barden run over to thank Eli on the sideline. Eli replied "I told you I'll make you famous"

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 12:05 AM
alot of ppl do.

but they will need more time. even tho he had a cruz like breakout, he wont get the respect he EARNED tonight.

Well he's earned the respect of his biggest hater on here...

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 12:06 AM
i dunno u may have been tied for biggest hater. couple people claimed he wasnt a wr and couldnt get open and never gets open

BurnerNYG
09-21-2012, 12:07 AM
same here bud! i literally have been told how moronic it was to think barden was a capable wr...loved seeing him break out. like eli said, we gotta get him on the field more. hixon just went to the 4 wr imhoGreat minds think alike. Sorry for downing Eli last year but I was pissed.

Rusty192
09-21-2012, 12:09 AM
all I'm going to say is that I read alot of posts earlier today in more than 1 thread, some by posters that I have respected that were openly ridiculing people who said Barden would have a good game tonight. and now all I am reading are excuses about why they were wrong, but not one has come out and openly admited they were wrong. Some people need to grow some stones around here.Yeah not to pile on but there are a few guys that Ramses made eat their words tonight.

I was thinking to myself how I'd rather have Randle out there instead of Barden. Since Randle has made some nice plays. but at the end of the day, our coaching staff knows what they are doing and we know jack!

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 12:10 AM
its all good burner. what was with cam tonight? he looked pedestrian...our d really showed up.

BurnerNYG
09-21-2012, 12:12 AM
its all good burner. what was with cam tonight? he looked pedestrian...our d really showed up.Don't know, don't really care... the bandwagon went that way lol.

Giants5699
09-21-2012, 12:15 AM
seriously though Slipknotin needs to eat his crow.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 12:16 AM
lol

BurnerNYG
09-21-2012, 12:16 AM
hahaha thats funnyLadies and gentlemen.... I would like to introduce you all to Mr Know it all.

Giants5699
09-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Ladies and gentlemen.... I would like to introduce you all to Mr Know it all.

He knows he needs to eat some crow

Rusty192
09-21-2012, 12:19 AM
eh Slip wasnt the only one. I betya he has never been happier to be wrong though ;)

miked1958
09-21-2012, 12:20 AM
slipknotin needs to eat some crow.I had 8 for 85 and 2 TD.Yea he gave all three of us a hard time for predicting gaudy numbers for Ramses

lawrenceS59
09-21-2012, 12:22 AM
I bet money slipknotin won't show up. I wouldn't either if I were that WRONG.

miked1958
Ya'll saw Barden run over to thank Eli on the sideline. Eli replied "I told you I'll make you famous"Yep... So now we found two more stars and weapons for Eli to use even when we get AB and Nicks and Hixon back.

FlyingTruck
Good game by Barden..but like Slipknottin will say..it wasn't against a good cornerback.

BurnerNYG
09-21-2012, 12:24 AM
He knows he needs to eat some crowHe's not the only one.

Dwinsballgames
09-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Good game by Barden..but like Slipknottin will say..it wasn't against a good cornerback.

Oh, OK I guess that means it doesn't count

jerseymadden
09-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Glad to see Barden play well.
Glad that guy was wrong n made a fool out of himself.

Go Giants!

thomsoad
09-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Glad to see Barden play well.
Glad that guy was wrong n made a fool out of himself.

Go Giants!

Step back a bit man. Slip is one of the classier posters we have...i wuld put money on him coming here tomorrow and taking his lumps.
Bsides, anyone with over a 1000 posts on these boards ALL had to eat crow at one point or another.
Im still kicking myself for selling the Giants short against the Pats in 07,
Slip will man up.

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 01:19 AM
Yea he gave all three of us a hard time for predicting gaudy numbers for Ramses Ya, he won't though.. It'll be that the Carolina defense stunk and ..etc I've seen it before.. A very good guy but not one who often admits wrong(its not the first time, lets just say that..lol).. II've been wrong alot, but i've always had Barden's back more then almost anyone on these boards up untill about 4weeks ago when i finally said i was probably wrong.. But trust me, 3yrs of fighting and debating on his behalf, i'm definetly siding toward my yrs of politicing for him over one remark about finally giving up on em.. No one was as big a supporter of his then me for yrs! Well, there actually was a few... shoot, that draft, i coulden't believe the any sayers around here, when i thought it was the most brilliant thing i'd seen.. All thought the only draft of Jerry's i really didn't like was this past one, outside of Hosley and the 2tackles...

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Step back a bit man. Slip is one of the classier posters we have...i wuld put money on him coming here tomorrow and taking his lumps.
Bsides, anyone with over a 1000 posts on these boards ALL had to eat crow at one point or another.
Im still kicking myself for selling the Giants short against the Pats in 07,
Slip will man up. your wrong about that.. Hes a heck of a poster, no doubt and knows his X's and O's, but he certainly isn't a take his lumps type of guy at all.. At least from what i've seen over the last 4-5yrs.. Shoot, theres always a reason why something happened if it was against what he perdicted or thought..

Again, i hope he dont' take it the wrong way because hes certainly a smart guy who knows alot about football, but i'm just saying, hes been wrong a bit and i never heard anything but excuses about why.. Sorry Slip..lol I probably shouldent' even be writing this..lol

pj18
09-21-2012, 01:36 AM
I was short on receivers and started Barden and got me 13.8. I'll take it! What a game he finally did what we've been waiting for for over 3 years. Nice game Ramses.

I Bleed Blue 56
09-21-2012, 01:38 AM
Hes going to have a monster game considering the panthers secondary is average. If eli keeps throwinf the ball Barden should be good tommrrow. I say 8 for 130 and a TD.
I was very close felt he would have a monster game. Waay to go Barden.

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 01:46 AM
See what happens when u don't have Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, and Victor Cruz all in front of u and ur actually healthy? Sometimes it just takes the right oppurtunity and has nothing to do with the Talent level of a guy.. I swear some of u never watched a single highlight or play from his College career.. I used to preach that hes more then just a FADE guy, and i'd seen him make catches downfield, over the middle, short, intermediete...etc, so this comes as no surprise what so ever to me.. I don't care what anyone says, coming outta college, this kids game was bigtime! Sure he might not destroy CB's with his speed, but he has other gifts he uses, just like all bigger WR's, and he can certainly move enough.. Dude made a sick spin move, jumped into the sky on one post play, ran routes to perfection all night..etc

If anything the worst play on the night was the Fade play, as far as what he was involved in..lol Again, its more of a testament to what we have on the team, that guys like Barden can sometimes slip through the cracks...

As the biggest advoctor on these boards for the 2009 draft, when almost the entire board outside of a few thought we didn't do well, all i gotta say is, Beatty looks awesome, Nicks is staright star, barden has game, beckum has made a few plays, and Andre Brown is a complete back.. YA!!!!!

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 01:46 AM
Yo Mike, u staright owned this thread by the way!!!

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Another thing i used to preach when most would say his just a big plodding WR, is his YAC.. The guy used to get tons and tons of YAC yards in School, and he also put that on display tonight.. Hes not easy to take down, and has great instincts with the ball in his hands on how to get more outta the catchl.. I forgot what he avg'd per catch in college, but it was gaudy!

I feel like a proud papa tonight, whos son just prooved he was something most thought he was not.. The unfortunate part is no one took the time to realize what he had in front of him and his health for a good part of his career to this point..

As soon as nicks comes back, Barden may just end up back to the 1-2 catch type guy, because there simply isn't a 1000000balls to go around.. But if hes getting timely catches and big receptions as our 3rd/4th WR, then so be it.. Its all about being a helpful part to the team..

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 02:11 AM
Another thing i used to preach when most would say his just a big plodding WR, is his YAC.. The guy used to get tons and tons of YAC yards in School, and he also put that on display tonight.. Hes not easy to take down, and has great instincts with the ball in his hands on how to get more outta the catchl.. I forgot what he avg'd per catch in college, but it was gaudy!

I feel like a proud papa tonight, whos son just prooved he was something most thought he was not.. The unfortunate part is no one took the time to realize what he had in front of him and his health for a good part of his career to this point..

As soon as nicks comes back, Barden may just end up back to the 1-2 catch type guy, because there simply isn't a 1000000balls to go around.. But if hes getting timely catches and big receptions as our 3rd/4th WR, then so be it.. Its all about being a helpful part to the team.. Give me a break the guy didnt play because he wasnt any good his first 3 years so many excuses for him. He couldnt get off press coverage and didnt know how to use his body for an advantage thats why he wasnt on the field. U could see some improvement this preseason.He was getting open in the middle of the field and doing a good job of blocking defenders with his body and snatching the ball. I still think a lot of his success in this game was due to horrendous defense and coverage being rolled towards Cruz.Wont know exactly to what degree that is until the All 22 tape is out.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 02:12 AM
lol

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 02:13 AM
"give me a break cruz didnt get drafted for a reason quit making excuses for him"-granted cruz delivered way sooner than barden, but barden has had injury issues as well as a ton of talent ahead of him. he can do what he did tonight a lot more imo, in fact, i believe he can get even better. he looked DOMINANT out there.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 02:14 AM
it looked like Div 2 competition vs him out there, and not just the rookie corner. there safeties as well as the d scheme Rivera created

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 02:14 AM
"give me a break cruz didnt get drafted for a reason quit making excuses for him"-granted cruz delivered way sooner than barden, but barden has had injury issues as well as a ton of talent ahead of him. he can do what he did tonight a lot more imo, in fact, i believe he can get even better. he looked DOMINANT out there.He was completely uncovered and or given free release on more then half his catches

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 02:15 AM
besides, redeye and slip, no offense intended at all, but u guys made it clear u didnt even think he was capable of half of what he showed tonight.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 02:16 AM
barden looked dominant out there, tell urself whatever u want to keep ur opinion (which was somewhat justified, just not to the extremes u went) alive. he's gonna be doing this a lot more for us, so its ok. i defended and spoke highly of barden for 4 yrs when it seemed even the barden supporters jumped ship, aint got no issue waiting a few more weeks.

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 02:17 AM
besides, redeye and slip, no offense intended at all, but u guys made it clear u didnt even think he was capable of half of what he showed tonight.I agree with that im shocked he had this game. Still want to look at the ALL 22 . Saw a lot of very bad Panthers defense

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 02:17 AM
thats fair.

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 02:20 AM
Give me a break the guy didnt play because he wasnt any good his first 3 years so many excuses for him. He couldnt get off press coverage and didnt know how to use his body for an advantage thats why he wasnt on the field. U could see some improvement this preseason.He was getting open in the middle of the field and doing a good job of blocking defenders with his body and snatching the ball. I still think a lot of his success in this game was due to horrendous defense and coverage being rolled towards Cruz.Wont know exactly to what degree that is until the All 22 tape is out. No, he didn't play most the time because he was hurt to be honest..lol Also, u don't play when u have a 1st rd pick whos nasty, and guys like steve smith, mario manningha, and then victor cruz all around.. Dude, i seen it a gazillion times when he was in school. Sure, it was lower level comp, but he did his thing against Wisconsin as well, and when he did get the better comp on occasion in school.. He had the longest Highlight reel i'd ever seen from a prosepct, and about 89pct of it was him getting open or finding space and running after the catch..etc Maybe 10pct was Fades..

The dudes 6ft 6in 220lb for godsake! Hes not gonna blow all the CB's away with his speed.. But he surely knows how to get open and nothings changed there, except the oppurtunity.. Obviously alot of his skills is gonna come from good route running and using his size to his advantage.. Hes very similar to Marques Colston.. Hes that kinda reciver.. And if u watched Colston, u can see hes not blowing guys away or whatever but he gets the job done using weapons that WR's who are shiftier don't have..

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 02:22 AM
No, he didn't play most the time because he was hurt to be honest..lol Also, u don't play when u have a 1st rd pick whos nasty, and guys like steve smith, mario manningha, and then victor cruz all around.. Dude, i seen it a gazillion times when he was in school. Sure, it was lower level comp, but he did his thing against Wisconsin as well, and when he did get the better comp on occasion in school.. He had the longest Highlight reel i'd ever seen from a prosepct, and about 89pct of it was him getting open or finding space and running after the catch..etc Maybe 10pct was Fades..

The dudes 6ft 6in 220lb for godsake! Hes not gonna blow all the CB's away with his speed.. But he surely knows how to get open and nothings changed there, except the oppurtunity.. Obviously alot of his skills is gonna come from good route running and using his size to his advantage.. Hes very similar to Marques Colston.. Hes that kinda reciver.. And if u watched Colston, u can see hes not blowing guys away or whatever but he gets the job done using weapons that WR's who are shiftier don't have..I didnt say anything about blowing guys away with speed. I said he couldnt get off press coverage or use his frame to his advantage.He was out there 47 snaps last week and did nothing that wasnt an opportunity

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 02:26 AM
I agree with that im shocked he had this game. Still want to look at the ALL 22 . Saw a lot of very bad Panthers defense Don't use teh Bad Defense excuse..lol I mean, u seen him leap for balls, make sick spin moves, and tons of yac, and he was very physical at the end of his catches, one time knocking the socks of number 20 for the panthers.. He ran absoutlutley impeccable routes! The guys made catches and plays before.. U underestimate how freaking awesome Nicks and Cruz are.. Also u know once u show Coughlin u can play it takes alot to overcome and get on the field over that person.. Mario prooved he was a player, as did nicks, as did cruz, as did Steve Smith, as did Hixon... All those guys have been around with Barden.. Hes had about 2games where he truly needed to be a helpful part of the offense...

Don't u find it convienent that those 2games are both his career high games??? Pats and this one?

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 02:27 AM
He played well above what I thought he was but again I think much of it was awful defense. The Panthers didnt adjust at all in the 1st half.

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 02:28 AM
Don't use teh Bad Defense excuse..lol I mean, u seen him leap for balls, make sick spin moves, and tons of yac, and he was very physical at the end of his catches, one time knocking the socks of number 20 for the panthers.. He ran absoutlutley impeccable routes! The guys made catches and plays before.. U underestimate how freaking awesome Nicks and Cruz are.. Also u know once u show Coughlin u can play it takes alot to overcome and get on the field over that person.. Mario prooved he was a player, as did nicks, as did cruz, as did Steve Smith, as did Hixon... All those guys have been around with Barden.. Hes had about 2games where he truly needed to be a helpful part of the offense...

Don't u find it convienent that those 2games are both his career high games??? Pats and this one? It was bad defense . The Panthers gave him his first 2 catches off slants they didnt even attempt to take it away. I saw 2 busted zones were they flat out forgot about him.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 02:29 AM
bottom line with elis accuracy barden will be a matchup nightmare when we get nicks n cruz on the field with him. good luck defending nicks, cruz, bennett and then a dangerous barden, all the while being able to run the ball...we may have the highest scoring offense no joke at seasons end
red-ur slant post abve is comical. cmon man. that was simply good design and well executed. my goodness...

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 02:30 AM
I didnt say anything about blowing guys away with speed. I said he couldnt get off press coverage or use his frame to his advantage.He was out there 47 snaps last week and did nothing that wasnt an opportunity Did u see what Nicks and Cruz were doing? Like i said, the 2games where he was truly a needed viable target because of injurys, hes come up with a 3catch 38yrd game and this one.. And that 3catch game, he made some nice catches.. Thats not a coincidence...

U are all about Ander Brown, but yet i dont' here u saying anything about him not making a dent in the colts backfield or the fact that the Panthers are dredful front 4? His game had nothing to do with bad defense, though, right? U know dang well how much i loved the entire Nicks draft, and Brown was one of those guys, just as u liked em, but u gotta be fair right? The bottom line is they both dominated!!!

It was the same defense that Cruz had a avg game to his standards, and teh same team that held Randle to 1catch and Wilson and Scott to 1YPC... Another words, Mad Kudos to Brown and Barden, as they flat out balled!!

TheEnigma
09-21-2012, 02:32 AM
I'm half and half here. It was obviously an amazing performance that you can't really bring down since we've been very patient for him to emerge but at the same time, his main competition was a 5th round rookie. I want to continue to see him perform against secondaries like the Eagles and 49ers here real soon. Not expecting near 150 yards against those defenses but would be a real shame to see him disappear again.

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 02:33 AM
It was bad defense . The Panthers gave him his first 2 catches off slants they didnt even attempt to take it away. I saw 2 busted zones were they flat out forgot about him God, i was hoping somehow u didn't try to take away from a 9catch 138yrd effort with talk like this.. Its amazing u don't see anyone outta the blue doing this against Carolina thought, right? I guess Barden was just the lucikest guy that they decided to forget em all night right? This dosen't happen unless ur pretty solid player.. At least one that can play in this league..

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 02:35 AM
The 3rd or 4th catch was a skinny post and it was a nice route not something i thought Id see much of. The 1 Eli forced I dont know how he saw it through Beasons hands that was pretty sick. I mean he did a good job of sitting down in the zone and shielding the ball but those things ive seen him do before. Not like thats not useful. Moving the chains in the middle of field isnt a bad thing to do.

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 02:36 AM
I'm half and half here. It was obviously an amazing performance that you can't really bring down since we've been very patient for him to emerge but at the same time, his main competition was a 5th round rookie. I want to continue to see him perform against secondaries like the Eagles and 49ers here real soon. Not expecting near 150 yards against those defenses but would be a real shame to see him disappear again. Ya but ur not going to.. Nicks and cruz are always gonna get more catches then Barden.. Sure maybe on occasion you'll get a pretty solid one outta hi, but most likely, ur gonna get 2catch games, or maybe a 4catch game...etc Same thing with Kevin Ogleetree a few weeks back... If Dez Bryant or Miles Autin got hurt, trust me, the kid would put up guady numbers like he did against us, but being that hes got Austin and Bryant, ur gonna see a ton of 1catch, 2catch type games, maybe mixed in with the occasional big one..

TheEnigma
09-21-2012, 02:40 AM
I just looked up this Josh Norman kid and he was drafted from Coastal Carolina. The main concerns with him were that he hasn't faced enough top level competition and he only ran a 4.66 40 at the combine. Make of that what you will. Glad to see Barden emerge but let's be completely fair about what he faced.

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 02:40 AM
The 3rd or 4th catch was a skinny post and it was a nice route not something i thought Id see much of. The 1 Eli forced I dont know how he saw it through Beasons hands that was pretty sick. I mean he did a good job of sitting down in the zone and shielding the ball but those things ive seen him do before. Not like thats not useful. Moving the chains in the middle of field isnt a bad thing to do. What about the Spin move? That wasen't impressive? He was working the entire field.. He was going over the middle, working the sideline, getting Yac..etc There is not one thing that wasen't super impressive about his outing.. Again, similar to Ogletree's outing, which also was very outta the blue.. Sure, he was getting us with basic slants most of the time, but he was the one running the routes, and he was the one who caught the ball, and he was the one who got the YAC..etc Barden was simplay senstaional!

Hes made impressive catches before tonight anyways.. The guy can't win.. When he makes a great catch and guys are draped on em, like i beleive he did against NE, its because he couldent seperate, and when he makse catches and tehre isn't a ton of people draped all over him, its because no one guarded him.. Lets face it, theres nothing hes gonna do to make u feel that hes not just lucky and gets open only because the defense stinks..

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 02:42 AM
What about the Spin move? That wasen't impressive? He was working the entire field.. He was going over the middle, working the sideline, getting Yac..etc There is not one thing that wasen't super impressive about his outing.. Again, similar to Ogletree's outing, which also was very outta the blue.. Sure, he was getting us with basic slants most of the time, but he was the one running the routes, and he was the one who caught the ball, and he was the one who got the YAC..etc Barden was simplay senstaional!

Hes made impressive catches before tonight anyways.. The guy can't win.. When he makes a great catch and guys are draped on em, like i beleive he did against NE, its because he couldent seperate, and when he makse catches and tehre isn't a ton of people draped all over him, its because no one guarded him.. Lets face it, theres nothing hes gonna do to make u feel that hes not just lucky and gets open only because the defense stinks..He didnt catch 1 ball down the sideline. That spin move was the only guy that he made miss all night. 9 catches

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 02:42 AM
I just looked up this Josh Norman kid and he was drafted from Coastal Carolina. Tuhe main concerns with him were that he hasn't faced enough top level competition and he only ran a 4.66 40 at the combine. Make of that what you will. Glad to see Barden emerge but let's be completely fair about what he faced. Josh Norman is a extremely physical corner who was brilliant at the sr.bowl.... Sure, it wasen't darelle revis, but i didnt' see anyone else abuse Josh Norman this yr? WHy is it barden just lit up Carolina like no other WR for the saints or bucs could dream of? not to mention, why dosent guys who stink and don't deserve to be in the league come up with 9catch 138yrd games more often? Its such a rarity, because its very unlikely any WR who can't play comes up with that kinda game..

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 02:45 AM
Josh Norman is a extremely physical corner who was brilliant at the sr.bowl.... Sure, it wasen't darelle revis, but i didnt' see anyone else abuse Josh Norman this yr? WHy is it barden just lit up Carolina like no other WR for the saints or bucs could dream of? not to mention, why dosent guys who stink and don't deserve to be in the league come up with 9catch 138yrd games more often? Its such a rarity, because its very unlikely any WR who can't play comes up with that kinda game..He torches the Eagles I wont say anything again hows that

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 02:45 AM
He didnt catch 1 ball down the sideline Not down the sideline, but on the sideline.. e hHe most certainly did.. I don't mean he ran a out route deep or anything.. Thank god, becasue that would be stupid, because thats not his strength..

To be honest, i'm done sticking up for a guy whos less then 4hrs ago just put up such a monster game, its not even funny... He was utterly insane and deserves to be in this league, end of story(for me).. 2games where we absoulutley needed em because we didn't have the options, hes had a 3catch game and this game.. Thats enough for me to know hes a guy thats good for depth and when needed, can step up..

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Not down the sideline, but on the sideline.. e hHe most certainly did.. I don't mean he ran a out route deep or anything.. Thank god, becasue that would be stupid, because thats not his strength..

To be honest, i'm done sticking up for a guy whos less then 4hrs ago just put up such a monster game, its not even funny... He was utterly insane and deserves to be in this league, end of story(for me).. 2games where we absoulutley needed em because we didn't have the options, hes had a 3catch game and this game.. Thats enough for me to know hes a guy thats good for depth and when needed, can step up..He definitely proved that.

TheEnigma
09-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Josh Norman is a extremely physical corner who was brilliant at the sr.bowl.... Sure, it wasen't darelle revis, but i didnt' see anyone else abuse Josh Norman this yr? WHy is it barden just lit up Carolina like no other WR for the saints or bucs could dream of? not to mention, why dosent guys who stink and don't deserve to be in the league come up with 9catch 138yrd games more often? Its such a rarity, because its very unlikely any WR who can't play comes up with that kinda game..

Let me be more clear: I think it's a combination of things. Barden knew that he was being called on to step up, he knew personally that at his current rate of progress before tonight, he was heading for permanent free agency. Now you mix in this very raw rookie cornerback (which we all know is the toughest position to learn in the NFL) and it creates the perfect storm. Every rookie corner has a bad day and this was it for Norman. Good for us that Eli and Barden took advantage of it. I'm just staying cautiously optimistic like usual.

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 02:48 AM
He torches the Eagles I wont say anything again hows that How conveinent, when nicks is back(most likely), the guy who just had 10catches 199yrd 1td, with Cruz, and Bennett, then he'll get his due from u?lol

Like i said, Barden has prooved he belongs in our depth chart, and he'll continue to come up with his big catch or 2 or 3, and when needed hes prooved he can step up.. He did against the pats with his 3catch game, and in this one with his 9catch game... Hes a helpful part to this WR unit..

wgsgiants
09-21-2012, 02:48 AM
Jerry Reese needs to resign Ramses Barden for the next three years because the price is going up very fast right now.

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 02:49 AM
How conveinent, when nicks is back(most likely), the guy who just had 10catches 199yrd 1td, with Cruz, and Bennett, then he'll get his due from u?lol

Like i said, Barden has prooved he belongs in our depth chart, and he'll continue to come up with his big catch or 2 or 3, and when needed hes prooved he can step up.. He did against the pats with his 3catch game, and in this one with his 9catch game... Hes a helpful part to this WR unit.. He doesnt need to put up that kind of a game. 5 catch 60 yards something like that

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Let me be more clear: I think it's a combination of things. Barden knew that he was being called on to step up, he knew personally that at his current rate of progress before tonight, he was heading for permanent free agency. Now you mix in this very raw rookie cornerback (which we all know is the toughest position to learn in the NFL) and it creates the perfect storm. Every rookie corner has a bad day and this was it for Norman. Good for us that Eli and Barden took advantage of it. I'm just staying cautiously optimistic like usual. Like i said, hes prooved he can step up when needed and when Cruz and Nicks are healthy he'll take his normal role as helpful WR who can come up with a big catch or 2, possibly 3, and if he needs to step up in there absence, and get more looks, hes capable.. Not every WR on our teams gonna crush it.. Bottom line is Nicks and Cruz run this thing! Barden has prooved that u better be weary of big number 13 as well, and not take all ur attention to mr.cruz or mr. nicks, because he can beat u...

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 02:50 AM
Jerry Reese needs to resign Ramses Barden for the next three years because the price is going up very fast right now.If his price goes up he is gone. They dont have the money to keep him. Anything more then 2.5 million no way they could match

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 02:53 AM
Like i said, hes prooved he can step up when needed and when Cruz and Nicks are healthy he'll take his normal role as helpful WR who can come up with a big catch or 2, possibly 3, and if he needs to step up in there absence, and get more looks, hes capable.. Not every WR on our teams gonna crush it.. Bottom line is Nicks and Cruz run this thing! Barden has prooved that u better be weary of big number 13 as well, and not take all ur attention to mr.cruz or mr. nicks, because he can beat u...Thats reasonable what your saying. I wish his skills complimented Cruz and Nicks a little more. When u add Nicks in with Bennett inside along with Cruz they dont have the room for him.

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 02:54 AM
He doesnt need to put up that kind of a game. 5 catch 60 yards something like that Dude Mario Manningham only had more then 3catches in 4outta 12games playing behind Nicks and Cruz last yr..

TheEnigma
09-21-2012, 02:56 AM
Like i said, hes prooved he can step up when needed and when Cruz and Nicks are healthy he'll take his normal role as helpful WR who can come up with a big catch or 2, possibly 3, and if he needs to step up in there absence, and get more looks, hes capable.. Not every WR on our teams gonna crush it.. Bottom line is Nicks and Cruz run this thing! Barden has prooved that u better be weary of big number 13 as well, and not take all ur attention to mr.cruz or mr. nicks, because he can beat u...

I completely agree. If anything, this game should prove to the coaching staff that Barden deserves the #3 spot when Nicks and Cruz are both in the game. Love Hixon but he hasn't been this dominant in forever.

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 02:57 AM
Thats reasonable what your saying. I wish his skills complimented Cruz and Nicks a little more. When u add Nicks in with Bennett inside along with Cruz they dont have the room for him. I actually like how they comp each other.. But listen i gotta fly.. SOmething tells me, u and i gotta alot of good stuff to chat about this week.. I see some good debates.. Just remember there all in good fun, even if i seem to come off diffrently, i'm just enjoying the discussion.. Have a good one guys!

rainierjef
09-21-2012, 02:58 AM
I just looked up this Josh Norman kid and he was drafted from Coastal Carolina. The main concerns with him were that he hasn't faced enough top level competition and he only ran a 4.66 40 at the combine. Make of that what you will. Glad to see Barden emerge but let's be completely fair about what he faced.

Exactly, the Kid wasn't even all that physical at the line with Barden. He took advantage of the match up, i give him credit for that but, need to see the tape to eval what he was really matched against.

rainierjef
09-21-2012, 03:04 AM
How conveinent, when nicks is back(most likely), the guy who just had 10catches 199yrd 1td, with Cruz, and Bennett, then he'll get his due from u?lol

Like i said, Barden has prooved he belongs in our depth chart, and he'll continue to come up with his big catch or 2 or 3, and when needed hes prooved he can step up.. He did against the pats with his 3catch game, and in this one with his 9catch game... Hes a helpful part to this WR unit..

I understand what you're saying Fan and Eli has said it time and time again, get open and i'll get the ball to you. Expect to see some three receiver looks to spread that eagles defense out, he will get his opportunity on the outside mostly, Cruz is more dangerous from the slot. I won't be looking for a game like we just saw from him but i want to see his ability to separate, get open, get physical and in front of the defender, out muscle those guys on the field with a better talented defense.

rainierjef
09-21-2012, 03:06 AM
Good problem to have, but with this. It might be a while before we get a glimpse of randle, and when Hixon comes back which should be for the eagles game, we can almost honestly say see you in training camp and preseason JJ12, barring any unforeseen injuries. god forbid.

Giants5699
09-21-2012, 03:49 AM
Listen... This Eli Manning could make Tim Carter look like an all-pro. Barden did great, but Eli is just so effing good.

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 06:14 AM
Listen... This Eli Manning could make Tim Carter look like an all-pro. Barden did great, but Eli is just so effing good. I woulden't go that far.. These WR"s got talent and make some remarkable catches.. Shoot, i've seen every one of em including barden pad his stats by making sweet catches on bad throws... ELIS awesome, but these WR's deserve there due..

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 06:22 AM
I understand what you're saying Fan and Eli has said it time and time again, get open and i'll get the ball to you. Expect to see some three receiver looks to spread that eagles defense out, he will get his opportunity on the outside mostly, Cruz is more dangerous from the slot. I won't be looking for a game like we just saw from him but i want to see his ability to separate, get open, get physical and in front of the defender, out muscle those guys on the field with a better talented defense. Hes made enough catches with guys draped on em, on slants, posts, hit. quick out..etc

its crazy because when any player on the giants in my entire life makes a catch even if its a backup TE standing in the back of the endzone completely uncovered on a 1yrd toss and he catches it, he gets his due.. Never have i heard people argue and debate there buts off that a 9catch 138yrd game wasen't legit.. The carolina panthers are a team that just held the Bucs to like 17points or something.. The same team that dismantled us and scored 30plus.. I mean, why didn't Arrelious Benn or Sammie Stroughter or someone like that have a game like bardens? The qucik answer? It don't happen unless u have talent.. End of story, he belongs..

The dude can flat out ball!!

tonyt830
09-21-2012, 06:24 AM
I was one in the preseason who thought Barden would not make the final 53. And of course I was wrong. I was a little skeptical before last nights game on how well he would or wouldnt perform in place of Nicks/Hixon.

He is in year 4 now, and even if his performance was against a rookie corner, I am plesantly surprised. He needs to stay healthy and get more reps, because I think he is starting to get it.

Oh and by the way, YA must be happy with Barden's performance last night.

GMENAGAIN
09-21-2012, 06:47 AM
Listen... This Eli Manning could make Tim Carter look like an all-pro. Barden did great, but Eli is just so effing good.

Eh, but he didn't . . . . .

thomsoad
09-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Ya, he won't though.. It'll be that the Carolina defense stunk and ..etc I've seen it before.. A very good guy but not one who often admits wrong(its not the first time, lets just say that..lol).. II've been wrong alot, but i've always had Barden's back more then almost anyone on these boards up untill about 4weeks ago when i finally said i was probably wrong.. But trust me, 3yrs of fighting and debating on his behalf, i'm definetly siding toward my yrs of politicing for him over one remark about finally giving up on em.. No one was as big a supporter of his then me for yrs! Well, there actually was a few... shoot, that draft, i coulden't believe the any sayers around here, when i thought it was the most brilliant thing i'd seen.. All thought the only draft of Jerry's i really didn't like was this past one, outside of Hosley and the 2tackles...

nycsportzfan Im sorry to say it looks like you were right.
I thought Slip wulda either apologized for being wrong, laughed at eating crow, or at least congratulated Barden on a nice game.
But I havent seen him on the boards all day.
I always thought Slip was bigger then that.
YA at least congratulated Barden.

slipknottin
09-21-2012, 04:20 PM
nycsportzfan Im sorry to say it looks like you were right.
I thought Slip wulda either apologized for being wrong, laughed at eating crow, or at least congratulated Barden on a nice game.
But I havent seen him on the boards all day.
I always thought Slip was bigger then that.
YA at least congratulated Barden.

I work during the day. I already posted in this thread that I was happy to see Ramses do well. Now I want to see him do it more often. And against man coverage and someone other than a 5th round rookie.

Im not knocking him, but one good game in 4 years is not exactly him showing he is a great player.

slipknottin
09-21-2012, 04:27 PM
And for the record, Im not a Barden hater. Saying he isnt good is far different from saying I dont want him to be good. I want Barden to be a great receiver. He just has proven very little over his career. This game was a huge step forward, but now he has to build on it.

thomsoad
09-21-2012, 04:29 PM
I work during the day. I already posted in this thread that I was happy to see Ramses do well. Now I want to see him do it more often. And against man coverage and someone other than a 5th round rookie.

Im not knocking him, but one good game in 4 years is not exactly him showing he is a great player.
+1
Good enough for me. :)

Mohann
09-21-2012, 04:59 PM
And for the record, Im not a Barden hater. Saying he isnt good is far different from saying I dont want him to be good. I want Barden to be a great receiver. He just has proven very little over his career. This game was a huge step forward, but now he has to build on it.

Maybe it's the way you were such a jerk about your position. You know, the way you were so arrogant and dismissive of the Barden supporters. You were wrong and should not qualify it when you admit it. Man up.

The_ One
09-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Ramses will not see the amount of playing time he did last night when Nicks comes back, but from the looks of it, if you give the kid reps he will perform.

slipknottin
09-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Maybe it's the way you were such a jerk about your position. You know, the way you were so arrogant and dismissive of the Barden supporters. You were wrong and should not qualify it when you admit it. Man up.

Please. Its one game, Im not annointing Barden anything other than a guy who had one decent game in 4 years.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 07:19 PM
what hes talking about is way diff than ur last post indicates. this was the ramses barden prediction thread, as in, what do we each think he will do individually. I, along with a few other brave souls, believed he could have that game he did last night. i had him at 8 rec. on 12 targets for 120. others were near that. and u were very dismissive and condescending, laughing at peoples opinions. well turns out, with this game, we were right.
no one cares if u annoint him or not, i dont even care either way. just saying i could see how some would feel u owed a bit of a crow eating session, not bc it was "1 game in 4 yrs" but bc a few of us called this and were laughed at and treated as if we were morons for believing barden could do what he actually did.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 07:20 PM
u were extremely adamant he couldnt even have contributed half of what he gave us last night