PDA

View Full Version : Week 9 vs. Patriots Last Year

NYGfanNC
09-19-2012, 05:07 PM
At Foxborough, No Bradshaw, No Nicks, No chance we win...right? WRONG. We went up there in a very similar situation that we are in now, and we won. Cruz, Manningham, and Barden were the only receivers to catch a pass that day. Similar to tomorrow night where we'll have Cruz, Barden, JJ, and RR, along with Bennett. Let's have faith in the GMEN. I bELIeve, do you? GO GIANTS

Cool Papa B.
09-19-2012, 05:23 PM
And no Bass either. Boothe was at C in that game. The other guys stepped up. Especially Ballard.

Even with these injuries, the Giants still has a good chance to win.

Laurah1275
09-19-2012, 05:33 PM
At Foxborough, No Bradshaw, No Nicks, No chance we win...right? WRONG. We went up there in a very similar situation that we are in now, and we won. Cruz, Manningham, and Barden were the only receivers to catch a pass that day. Similar to tomorrow night where we'll have Cruz, Barden, JJ, and RR, along with Bennett. Let's have faith in the GMEN. I bELIeve, do you? GO GIANTSThat's right!!! So what's the problem?? I bELIve! :)

jomo
09-19-2012, 09:13 PM
That's right!!! So what's the problem?? I bELIve! :)No worries..............

Captain Chaos
09-20-2012, 04:48 AM
Agreed!

Buddy333
09-20-2012, 07:48 AM
The problem is that as of today the Giants do not have another Manningham. Maybe Barden, JJ, or RR become that guy, but right now we don't know. Manningham is a very good WR and this could be a game where everyone will miss him. Can't keep them all in the world of FA.

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 08:26 AM
And no Bass either. Boothe was at C in that game. The other guys stepped up. Especially Ballard.

Even with these injuries, the Giants still has a good chance to win.

well the bad fishing trip aside, it one of the best regular season wins for us

Cool Papa B.
09-20-2012, 09:52 AM
well the bad fishing trip aside, it one of the best regular season wins for us

LOL LOL LOL.....

ryan12
09-20-2012, 10:40 AM
i love positive posters and fans lets ****ing go GIANTS

jax5338
09-20-2012, 11:16 AM
very true. forgot about all the injuries we had that game. defense stepped up big that day. hopefully we see a repeat of that tonight, but with a better first half offensively than that game.

jax5338
09-20-2012, 11:23 AM
The problem is that as of today the Giants do not have another Manningham. Maybe Barden, JJ, or RR become that guy, but right now we don't know. Manningham is a very good WR and this could be a game where everyone will miss him. Can't keep them all in the world of FA.

i dont think we know that yet. yes, nobody has proven themselves to be another manningham yet, but randle has not seen a lot of action and barden is in the best position to thrive that he ever has been with the start tonight.

lets give ramses a start and randle some solid game action before we sell them short.

mario wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either. made quite a few "rookie mistakes" within our offense well into his career, so i dont think it's overly optimistic to think these guys grasp the offense as well as he did.

also, we have bennett now and as good as ballard played in that game vs. NE (his best game as a giant IMO), bennett is just more gifted overall and carolina would be foolish to overlook him as a threat in this game.

OX1
09-20-2012, 11:36 AM

Yeah, even though manny only had 3 for 33 and 1 TD, I'm sure he drew a lot of coverage off Cruz.
We don't have anyone that commands that respect this year (yet!!).

Eli did spread it around that game, we did rush for 100 and the D held Brady
to no points the first half. I guess if all that happens again, we have good shot.

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
E. Manning 20/39 250 2 1
Rushing ATT YDS TD LG
B. Jacobs 18 72 1 11
D. Ware 7 23 0 10
E. Manning 3 11 0 12
D. Scott 1 5 0 5
Receiving REC YDS TD LG
V. Cruz 6 91 0 23
J. Ballard 4 67 1 30
M. Manningham 3 33 1 14
B. Jacobs 4 28 0 10
R. Barden 2 24 0 15
B. Pascoe 1 7 0 7

OX1
09-20-2012, 11:47 AM
i dont think we know that yet. yes, nobody has proven themselves to be another manningham yet, but randle has not seen a lot of action and barden is in the best position to thrive that he ever has been with the start tonight.

lets give ramses a start and randle some solid game action before we sell them short.

mario wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either. made quite a few "rookie mistakes" within our offense well into his career, so i dont think it's overly optimistic to think these guys grasp the offense as well as he did.

also, we have bennett now and as good as ballard played in that game vs. NE (his best game as a giant IMO), bennett is just more gifted overall and carolina would be foolish to overlook him as a threat in this game.

Two sides to it. Don't have anyone that would command a double like MH, but
have a bunch of guys that are good enough on paper to really step up.

The second part could be huge since all of them could be on the field at the same '
time and their D would not know who to double (assuming any and/or a multiple
of them play like they should have been doubled).

If all of them have just a decent game, it should be better than having a respected MH type player.

Dwinsballgames
09-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Cruz will get a lot of attention tonight