PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't Randle start in place of Nicks?

Nicks7
09-19-2012, 08:08 PM
In my opinion he gives us the closest thing to Nicks we have. Randle has been described as a Nicks clone so tomorrow night we need him to be. Thoughts?

titwio
09-19-2012, 08:10 PM
IMO he should but Barden is the vet who's better familiar with the offense and is the receiver Eli has had more time with.

I'm predicting they'll kick the wheels with Barden ealry on and work in Randle as the game goes on.

miked1958
09-19-2012, 08:12 PM
In my opinion he gives us the closest thing to Nicks we have. Randle has been described as a Nicks clone so tomorrow night we need him to be. Thoughts?Doesn't matter. With both nicks and Hixon out, RR and barden will play most of the game with JJ getting tons of snaps as well

DownWitJPP
09-19-2012, 08:12 PM
they are both gonna play a lot in the game, doesn't really matter who gets the start...in 3 wide sets it will be Barden Cruz Randle

Nicks7
09-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Yeh that's probably what they'll do. Which i think is playin it safe. Why not hit a home run with the kid. That's Tom for ya gotta love him though.

Mlerman17
09-19-2012, 08:19 PM
The giants will probably go the conservative route by running the ball a lot and incorporating a short passing game plan to make up for the loss of Keem.

Mlerman17
09-19-2012, 08:20 PM
That means that our receivers will not likely have huge breakout games like everyone is predicting.

slipknottin
09-19-2012, 08:20 PM
Have the giants even said that Barden is going to start? Or was that beat reporters assuming that?

Nicks7
09-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Trying to rely on our running game would be a mistake i think. I would start Cruz & Randle bring Barden in as the 3rd receiver with Cruz playing the slot. I also hope they give Wilson a better shot to show his stuff.

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 08:41 PM
In my opinion he gives us the closest thing to Nicks we have. Randle has been described as a Nicks clone so tomorrow night we need him to be. Thoughts?

a rookie the closest thing to Nicks?

this is not a video game

who will play will be based on ones knowledge of the play book

as of now that is Barden and JJ..... unfortunately

with Randle in on his packages

experto
09-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Randle will have a 6 catch 90 yd day and around a td or so.My bigger worry is stopping Newton.

Captain Chaos
09-19-2012, 08:44 PM
This is the Giants and somehow I don't think he has been with the program long enough to get the nod. Like the idea of him coming in as the 3rd wide out as it will give him some time to work into the offense.

Nicks7
09-19-2012, 08:49 PM

this is not a video game

Video game? So our 2nd rounder is not able to produce big? Don't be ignorant, he has similarities to Nicks and has been described as such. From what I've read follows him around to soak up his knowledge. Were you one of those guys saying Cruz couldn't do what he did?

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Randle will have a 6 catch 90 yd day and around a td or so.My bigger worry is stopping Newton.

Upon what do you base this predictoin?

myles2424
09-19-2012, 08:52 PM

this is not a video game

Barden has been a p.o.s for his whole career now.....I don't care if he has more knowledge of the playbook, Randle has skill & offers more hope instead of just being a 6'6 WR that hasn't some a Damn thing yet but knows the playbook.....I'm sure Moss knew the playbook fairly well too....

TheAnalyst
09-19-2012, 08:53 PM
If JJ doesn't get his job done tomorrow, time to bring in DD, David Douglas

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Video game? So our 2nd rounder is not able to produce big? Don't be ignorant, he has similarities to Nicks and has been described as such. From what I've read follows him around to soak up his knowledge. Were you one of those guys saying Cruz couldn't do what he did?

ignorant?

yr a funny guy

anyway

do you understand he is a rookie in one of the most complicated offenses in the league?

ok good

do you understand that he doesn't have full knowledge of the system yet and is being spoon fed the playbook?

ok great...now we are getting somewhere

do you understand that the there are packages that he is prepared to play in and that is it?

great

are you aware that Cruz had a whole extra season to learn the system?

fantastic

what a great conversation we are having

fansince69
09-19-2012, 09:01 PM
ignorant?

yr a funny guy

anyway

do you understand he is a rookie in one of the most complicated offenses in the league?

ok good

do you understand that he doesn't have full knowledge of the system yet and is being spoon fed the playbook?

ok great...no we are getting somewhere

do you understand that the there are packages that he is prepared to play in and that is it?

great

fantastic

lmao....slow down your moving way too fast

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 09:11 PM
i think he was referring to how JR and Marc Ross, along with pretty much every draft analyst worth their salt were saying Randle was NFL ready and reminded them strongly of Nicks.
that said, nicks still had to learn the playbook before he became the stud he is, and RR will have to do the same. hopefully he's further along than we're expecting and he plays a lot tmrw night and actually plays like nicks.

myles2424
09-19-2012, 09:13 PM
David tyree had the "knowledge of the playbook" while hakeem nicks impressed as a rookie.....put Randle out there & let him do his thing....

Nicks7
09-19-2012, 09:14 PM
ignorant?

yr a funny guy

anyway

ok good

ok great...no we are getting somewhere

great

fantastic

Don't talk to me like your im your kid. Computer tough guy. I made a point in which im not alone in that thinking. You fire back with a snide video game remark like im a ******. That's childish! This is why i don't even bother posting on the boards cause punks like you try to attack peoples comments like your the almighty. Give me a break.

Nicks7
09-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Also coming from a Mod you should have better etiquette. Sorry to everyone alse for going off topic.

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Don't talk to me like your im your kid. Computer tough guy. I made a point in which im not alone in that thinking. You fire back with a snide video game remark like im a ******. That's childish! This is why i don't even bother posting on the boards cause punks like you try to attack peoples comments like your the almighty. Give me a break.

you are way to sensitive

I attacked no one

just understand what you are talking about when you post

fansince69
09-19-2012, 09:22 PM
you are way to sensitive

I attacked no one

just understand what you are talking about when you post

wow..... when I think punk....Im picturing a much younger person than you...lol

G-MEN2007XLII
09-19-2012, 09:22 PM

seriously post count doesn't measure your **** size no need to talk down to someone, hes made a valid point Randle was highly touted as NFL ready there is no reason he cant ball his rookie year just like Hakeem the Dream did.

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 09:24 PM
seriously post count doesn't measure your **** size no need to talk down to someone, hes made a valid point Randle was highly touted as NFL ready there is no reason he cant ball his rookie year just like Hakeem the Dream did.

who was in front of Hakeem his rookie year?

who is in front of Randle?

huge difference

Eliscruzzz
09-19-2012, 09:24 PM
gotta love it Giants fans attacking Giants fans????

fansince69
09-19-2012, 09:25 PM

Just because he is labeled NFL ready does mean he understand OUR playbook...Nicks didn't really contribute till later in his rookie year...after he had gotten used to our offense....his time will come is all anyone is trying to say

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 09:27 PM
gotta love it Giants fans attacking Giants fans????

I am desperately looking for this attack

did I call anyone any sort of name.......or curse in any way.....or even state anything but clear thought out statements?

nope

fansince69
09-19-2012, 09:30 PM

did I call anyone any sort of name.......or curse in any way.....or even state anything but clear thought out statements?

nope

I am not sure you attacked him but you were condescending....although you meant it as humor(most of us get that)

he obviously didn't

The_ One
09-19-2012, 09:31 PM
In my opinion he gives us the closest thing to Nicks we have. Randle has been described as a Nicks clone so tomorrow night we need him to be. Thoughts?NO.

Eliscruzzz
09-19-2012, 09:31 PM

nopenot even talking about you bro I'm talking about they mb as a whole on my days off and when I'm on here I see at least 3 three arguements that turn into name calling battles didn't say you again the the whole mb in general.

Nicks7
09-19-2012, 09:40 PM
You're right im sure he has alot to learn. I'm still of the belief he on talent alone is better than the two draft duds you speak of. Listen I'm not here to start fights with anyone. I thought out my post before sending you just seem to imply I don't understand what I'm typing. Again I don't expect everyone to agree just disagree and make your point, thats what you should do. I dont play video games, i dont need you to break it down for me line by line like I'm dumb. That's all. I'll be at the game tomorrow and hope Randle breaks it off on them because he gives us our best chance to get by this week without Nicks. That's why we drafted him.

Nicks7
09-19-2012, 09:50 PM
I am not sure you attacked him but you were condescending....although you meant it as humor(most of us get that)

he obviously didn't

YA Sorry if I didn't get your humor i read the boards daily just dont post. I thought the topic was worth discussion since i didn't see one on the board. Bad move haha.. I'll go back to reading only. Goodnight.

fansince69
09-19-2012, 09:55 PM
YA Sorry if I didn't get your humor i read the boards daily just dont post. I thought the topic was worth discussion since i didn't see one on the board. Bad move haha.. I'll go back to reading only. Goodnight.

na..... that's not what were saying at all....everyone is welcome....differences of opinions happen....some get very heated.......but there are a few posters that you need to kind of understand them and not take it personally.....its all in fun...

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 10:15 PM
You're right im sure he has alot to learn. I'm still of the belief he on talent alone is better than the two draft duds you speak of. Listen I'm not here to start fights with anyone. I thought out my post before sending you just seem to imply I don't understand what I'm typing. Again I don't expect everyone to agree just disagree and make your point, thats what you should do. I dont play video games, i dont need you to break it down for me line by line like I'm dumb. That's all. I'll be at the game tomorrow and hope Randle breaks it off on them because he gives us our best chance to get by this week without Nicks. That's why we drafted him.

my man you are dead on

lets hope Randle can step in and produce

I remember a catch during preseason where he looked like friggin Megatron when he went up and got the ball at its highest

I'm kinda stressing about Nicks being down....our boys need to step up

no hard feelings taken or meant before my man

we are all on the same team here

your topic is absolutely completely worthy and I was for sure out of line with my tone

apologies brother

Nicks7
09-19-2012, 10:31 PM
my man you are dead on

lets hope Randle can step in and produce

I remember a catch during preseason where he looked like friggin Megatron when he went up and got the ball at its highest

I'm kinda stressing about Nicks being down....our boys need to step up

no hard feelings taken or meant before my man

we are all on the same team here

your topic is absolutely completely worthy and I was for sure out of line with my tone

apologies brother

Apology accepted.. I apologize to you too, I went a little to far.

I am also worried about Nicks being out. I live down here now and going to the game with some panthers fans and would love nothing more than a W. I hope this is just a blessing in disguise giving our other guys a chance to step up giving them as you said much needed experience. Smart move by the Giants with the short week resting him up for Philly. He looked like he aggravated his foot on that long catch when he got tripped up from behind.

gulfcoastblue1
09-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Imho i would like to see what barden can do. he should know offense and what elilikes and its put up or shut up time for the young man. plus i would like to see randlebe the third in this game.on side note i was a little bummed nicks wasnt playing put it is probably best for long term of season.

Dwinsballgames
09-19-2012, 11:06 PM

The point is that he doesn't know the system yet so even if he is a Nicks clone, it doesn't matter at this point. That's why he is where he is on the depth chart. But like YA said, he is familiar with certain packages and he will be used as such.

Nicks7
09-19-2012, 11:11 PM
You guys are right with that I know. Hopefully he knows enough of the playbook to make a difference tomorrow night. We will need him.

Dwinsballgames
09-19-2012, 11:16 PM
You guys are right with that I know. Hopefully he knows enough of the playbook to make a difference tomorrow night. We will need him.

absolutely, all hands on deck!

brad
09-20-2012, 12:19 AM
I think Randle will get his chances in this game regardless of who starts. I hope he gets a chance to show what he is capable of and takes advantage of it.

joemorrisforprez
09-20-2012, 03:30 AM
I'll be at the game tomorrow and hope Randle breaks it off on them because he gives us our best chance to get by this week without Nicks. That's why we drafted him.

For what it's worth, I think your post is a very valid question, and has merit.

In the best of worlds, Ruben remains a backup as he learns the system....but with both Hixon and Nicks out, it's time for him to take a step up.

I agree, he does remind me of Nicks.....he's got the same fluid style to his game.....good body control, good hands, and runs nice routes.

Here's a good related article on this topic....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-randle-set-impress-article-1.1163370

....Even before the Giants announced that they’d face the Carolina Panthers without two of their top wideouts, Randle had a hunch he’d find himself in a larger offensive role. The rookie could tell from his dramatic spike in practice reps on Tuesday, and when veteran Hakeem Nicks told him to “be ready.”

“I need to be prepared to play this game,” Randle said. “Hakeem told me to be ready to play this game.”....