PDA

View Full Version : With Nicks out, Barden's time is now

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 07:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/17405/analysis-with-nicks-out-bardens-time-is-now

Excerpt: "The Giants downgraded Hakeem Nicks (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12586/hakeem-nicks) to out in somewhat of a surprising move after he was listed as questionable earlier in the day.

But when Nicks didn't do much in the morning walk-through, the team opted to play it safe, keep him out of the game and give him two weeks of rest before next week's game against Philadelphia on Sept. 30.

This is the right move for the long term. Nicks still feels pain in his surgically-repaired right foot. He limped badly twice late during Sunday's win vs. Tampa Bay and the Giants won't risk their star receiver by having him play twice in five days. It doesn't sound as if he has had a major setback but we'll have to see how he is feeling next week. " Read more...

miked1958
09-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Yep it's now or never. Never a better time to shine with two starters out

Giantz4Life
09-19-2012, 07:14 PM
I think he will step it up. I have faith in the most hyped Giants player since Jonas Seawright.

LETS GO RAMSES! Time to put that big body to work.

Toadofsteel
09-19-2012, 07:21 PM
I hope he can do something, both for his own sake and the teams', but I'm not holding my breath. This IS Ramses Barden we're talking about, after all...

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 07:38 PM
if this kid steps in at #2 and lays an egg I don't want to hear another word about his potential ever again

47 snaps last week and got open twice ...and that was while Nicks and Cruz were taking coverage with them

it's now or never Ramses

show us what you got

Captain Chaos
09-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Here's your chance; take a lesson from Andre Brown. We're all rooting for you!

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 07:41 PM
if this kid steps in at #2 and lays an egg I don't want to hear another word about his potential ever again

47 snaps last week and got open twice ...and that was while Nicks and Cruz were taking coverage with them

it's now or never Ramses

show us what you got

I said, in an other thread, that if he doesn't make his statement tomorrow, he should be inactive for the rest of the season and get out of the way of the way of more promising, younger players

experto
09-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Agreed,the Panthers secondary is there for the taking and big plays can be made vs them.If he doesn't at least have a productive game,I would consider not playing him again this year.His chance is here.

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 07:43 PM
I said, in an other thread, that if he doesn't make his statement tomorrow, he should be inactive for the rest of the season and get out of the way of the way of more promising, younger players

Roa it's like the nightmare we have been discussing all day is now reality

let's see what hes made of

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Roa it's like the nightmare we have been discussing all day is now reality

let's see what hes made of

I'm hoping he answers the call, but I can't say I'm expecting it. And his role in the game will be absolutely critical.

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm hoping he answers the call, but I can't say I'm expecting it.

blow my mind Ramses....blow my mind

TheAnalyst
09-19-2012, 07:51 PM
if this kid steps in at #2 and lays an egg I don't want to hear another word about his potential ever again 47 snaps last week and got open twice ...and that was while Nicks and Cruz were taking coverage with them it's now or never Ramses show us what you gotHe really had 47 snaps on offense? Wow. Didn't know that. Also, it doesn't mean HR didn't get open. Eli had Nicks Nd Cruz to throw to. Is throw to them over Ramses too. Eli will set him up success. Let's hope he gets it done. Next man up.

YATittle1962
09-19-2012, 07:59 PM
it doesn't mean HR didn't get open.

watch the coaches film then get back to me on this one

TheAnalyst
09-21-2012, 08:23 AM
watch the coaches film then get back to me on this one

I love the hate you have for Barden... Sorry, but I think I nailed this one.

GiantBBQ
09-21-2012, 08:28 AM
He looked pretty open to me.

miked1958
09-21-2012, 08:46 AM
I said, in an other thread, that if he doesn't make his statement tomorrow, he should be inactive for the rest of the season and get out of the way of the way of more promising, younger playersI think he more then made his Statement last night