PDA

View Full Version : I don't see how we win tomorrow if Tuck and Osi have 0 sacks again

experto
09-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Newton is a dangerous explosive player and if those 2 don't show up again,I can guarantee Newton will put fireworks on the scoreboard.Given Nicks is out,Cruz likely is doubled and contained to a degree,the offense is not gona be as potent.If the pocket doesn't collapse on Newton he will be running and passing all over the place.You saw what Newton did to Spags and our d is not that different in scheme vs the Saints - Spags d.So if the rushers don't do the job expect a 2 - 3 td defeat.If they show up and at least collapse the pockets expect a close win.

Mlerman17
09-19-2012, 07:25 PM
They have to show up for us to win...period.

experto
09-19-2012, 07:27 PM
I would like to see Hosley on Smith,as I feel he can matchup on size and run with him.He will not stop him but can limit him.

miked1958
09-19-2012, 07:30 PM
The main issue is the reject replacement refs decided they were not going to call any holding. Therefore it's twice as hard to reach a QB before he releases the ball

Eliscruzzz
09-19-2012, 07:31 PM
I really don't care about the sacks even though that will be nice I just want them to contain him and keep him from running all over us.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 07:33 PM
These are the types of game we seem to find a way to win. I think a great deal will depend on the front four defensively and who they pick to spy Newton.

Eliscruzzz
09-19-2012, 07:33 PM
The main issue is the reject replacement refs decided they were not going to call any holding. Therefore it's twice as hard to reach a QB before he releases the ballI know man this bs with the refs is starting to get annoying I think it is really having a major effect on our pass rush mentally and physically.

experto
09-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Osi and Tuck having 0 sacks in both games has certaintly not helped.All the pressure has been on JPP to do the job.But that has to change and quickly and he needs some help from Osi and Tuck to completely dominate at the line of scrimmage.You know that our secondary is not the best and with Tuck and Osi providing 0 sacks,those are the results.Results = 34 pts to a horrible bucs offense.That is a serious concern.

experto
09-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Rivers being back is huge and he can help spy on Newton and run with him if he escapes the pocket.

JaxMan
09-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Fewell's D is much different from Spags,his scheme is more predicated on confusing the qb than pressure, also if they have 0 sacks, but keep contain, I see that being the dominant way to win, Tampa played a sound D against Cam and thats how they beat them , Dont let him loose in the 2nd level make him a one dimensional qb and force mistakes. Thats not to say I wouldnt mind seeing 4-5 sacks, but a sound win is more important than their individual stats int his brutal schedule.

Marvelousmik
09-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Newton is a dangerous explosive player and if those 2 don't show up again,I can guarantee Newton will put fireworks on the scoreboard.Given Nicks is out,Cruz likely is doubled and contained to a degree,the offense is not gona be as potent.If the pocket doesn't collapse on Newton he will be running and passing all over the place.You saw what Newton did to Spags and our d is not that different in scheme vs the Saints - Spags d.So if the rushers don't do the job expect a 2 - 3 td defeat.If they show up and at least collapse the pockets expect a close win.

what if jpp has 7? Lol i get your point though. Everyone needs to show up

experto
09-19-2012, 07:39 PM
I think Randle will get the job done.He's a very good route runner and I expect him to have a very solid game.The only issue has been him learning the offense,but other than that he's a very good wr.

Nicks7
09-19-2012, 07:42 PM
The biggest thing with Carolina is to stop the run. They struggled against Tampa because they stuffed the run. Steve Smith is not 100% and hopefully we'll have our db's healthy (princess). Stuffing the run is key though.

Captain Chaos
09-19-2012, 07:42 PM
They will show up but I think the burden will really lie with our LBs, We got some good ones so I'm hopeful!

armysgt
09-19-2012, 07:43 PM
The main issue is the reject replacement refs decided they were not going to call any holding. Therefore it's twice as hard to reach a QB before he releases the ball

It's really not much different than the regular refs... there's holding on every down.

RoanokeFan
09-19-2012, 07:44 PM
They will show up but I think the burden will really lie with our LBs, We got some good ones so I'm hopeful!

If you're right, better this season than last :rolleyes:

Battyboyy
09-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Rivers will help contain Newton but if JPP is the only one of our front 4 to show up again he won't realistically have a chance to. Tuck/Osi need to start worrying less about everybody elses game and more about their own performances..

njersey
09-19-2012, 09:48 PM
I really don't care about the sacks even though that will be nice I just want them to contain him and keep him from running all over us.

Yes, I agree. They must pressure and contain - especially Osi. The sacks will eventually be there.

gulfcoastblue1
09-19-2012, 09:56 PM
If the line can get steady pressure and hits and disrupt cams timing, while containing it would be just as good as sacks just not as sexy on stat sheet.but thats just my opinion and you know what they say about that.

ELI_Iz_God
09-19-2012, 10:32 PM

It's simple....the Kracken last year was JPP, tuck and OSI..this years it's JPP, JPP and JPP...hope that clears it up..2 games of solid evidence backs this theory

Evo'Ed
09-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Rivers will help contain Newton but if JPP is the only one of our front 4 to show up again he won't realistically have a chance to. Tuck/Osi need to start worrying less about everybody elses game and more about their own performances..

Rivers being back is huge and he can help spy on Newton and run with him if he escapes the pocket.

Agreed....

Rivers' athletic ability will help a lot.

I think Osi, Tuck, and JPP will be amped up to play against Cam and create good pressure..hoping they will!

We blitzed TB several times and Freeman was able to make some nice passes against the blitz, and Cam is much better than Freeman.

TheEnigma
09-19-2012, 11:20 PM
It's not even sacks but Tuck hasn't recorded a single pressure yet in his first two games. Our defensive captain really needs to step up his game or at this current pace, a strongside defensive end is looking like a good choice in the draft.