PDA

View Full Version : prince is back...yay?

jpmetrick
09-19-2012, 11:00 PM
so everyones been complaining that our defense is porous. i just dont get it.i know we gave up some big plays, but with prince back, we should be ok, right? hes not a top shutdown corner, but nobody can tell me he won't be better then tryon. cweb has gotten beat a few times big, but im confident he can handle steve smith with safety help(and still get beat once or twice which is ok) but who else do they have? a lb on olsen, and i feel prince or coe can handle lafelle. why does everyone think this will be high scoring affair? i think with the short practice week, and using backups, itll be low scoring on both sides. eli will struggle hitting our backups, and our d should be able to stall their o. whose with me?

PierrePaul
09-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Prince is fast and can play, cuz he has good ball skills. But whenever you have to move guys around, you wonder if communication will be a problem. Hope everyone did their homework. I am a Prince fan. I cheered for the pick at Met Life at the draft party last year. I've been pulling for him since then. Can't wait toll he truly gets it.

Nicks7
09-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Getting Prince back is huge!! Hopefully Tryon never steps foot on the field. Cwebb, Hosley and Prince can get it done. Smitty isn't 100% so that should help. We gotta stop the run that is what makes them tick. Make Cam pass stop the run game and we should be golden.

Harooni
09-19-2012, 11:09 PM
He will need to get up to speed and he isnt exactly a seasoned vet. he has a lot to learn still. So while its great news do not expect him to make a huge impact right away.

Rudyy
09-19-2012, 11:18 PM
As long as Tyron isn't out there.

Battyboyy
09-19-2012, 11:26 PM
As long as Tyron isn't out there.

So true, I like Tyron as a person but he is really struggling. Prince himself is a good asset to have back but the fact that he's keeping Tyron off is the best part of this situation.

Buddy333
09-20-2012, 12:30 AM
I have a feeling that he may not be up to speed and this board will blow up on the guy. I am glad he will play this week because at some point he has to shake off the rust. They will need him for the long haul.

I'll take 5
09-20-2012, 12:32 AM
Don't think it'll be peaches and cream for Prince. Most cornerbacks have a tough time when they start out...especially if they've got to deal with Steve Smith, but he's got to stay on the field to learn and get better

nycsportzfan
09-20-2012, 02:44 AM
Keith Rivers and Prince should be big helps to our defense.. I hope Rivers is as crazed and active as he was during the Dallas game before the injury..

joemorrisforprez
09-20-2012, 03:47 AM
so everyones been complaining that our defense is porous. i just dont get it.i know we gave up some big plays, but with prince back, we should be ok, right? hes not a top shutdown corner, but nobody can tell me he won't be better then tryon. cweb has gotten beat a few times big, but im confident he can handle steve smith with safety help(and still get beat once or twice which is ok) but who else do they have? a lb on olsen, and i feel prince or coe can handle lafelle. why does everyone think this will be high scoring affair? i think with the short practice week, and using backups, itll be low scoring on both sides. eli will struggle hitting our backups, and our d should be able to stall their o. whose with me?

I think the secondary needs to be more aggressive, and that's a scheme thing. Frankly, the Giants have been hit for some big plays, but often, the coverage is there. But allowing the receivers to run loose without contesting them at the line of scrimmage has resulted in some problems, because the rush hasn't gotten to the QB.

Rusty192
09-20-2012, 03:53 AM
As long as Tyron isn't out there.C'mon he's tryon his best out there.

yeah that was bad.....

Rudyy
09-20-2012, 04:00 AM
C'mon he's tryon his best out there.

yeah that was bad..... Haha well played

BlueSanta
09-20-2012, 04:10 AM
I still think Prince will be a decent player, but I would not expect much until he actually can get on the field and play for a time. CB is a tough position to get thrust back on the field after so much time away or intermittent play.

Captain Chaos
09-20-2012, 04:57 AM
He will need to get up to speed and he isnt exactly a seasoned vet. he has a lot to learn still. So while its great news do not expect him to make a huge impact right away.

Have to agree, that while I think it will be an upgrade he will be a little rusty and need some time to get back up to speed. But very glad that he is back!

jpmetrick
09-20-2012, 02:31 PM
I still think Prince will be a decent player, but I would not expect much until he actually can get on the field and play for a time. CB is a tough position to get thrust back on the field after so much time away or intermittent play.

part of what gets tryon is he is beat on the line of scrimmage. he gets caught looking at the qb and cant catch up sometimes, or hell play too deep on short passing routes, or hes just completely in the wrong place trying to jump for the ball. i cant see prince being that bad, having sat away from the field only a month. i wanna say that those are instinctual things based on film study and experience, and we know prince hasnt stopped studying. will he be at 100%? i dont think so, which is why its great to get him in vs the panthers instead of eagles. but prince at 75% should be better then tryon

burier
09-20-2012, 02:37 PM
If Rivers is playing we're in good shape.

(Vontaze Burfict is starting this week. We could have taken him in the 7th round and we'd have the flexability to move Tuck to the bench and move Kiwi back to end where he blongs....just saying.)

Buddy333
09-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Lol.

Dwinsballgames
09-20-2012, 02:44 PM
C'mon he's tryon his best out there.

yeah that was bad.....

I'll have to report this to the mods. The damn pun filter is broken again

Rusty192
09-20-2012, 02:53 PM
I'll have to report this to the mods. The damn pun filter is broken againIt's what happens when you watch too many Roger Moore James Bond films.

TAILGATIN'
09-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Got a friend who works on the field w Blue weekly and says Prince is the biggest baby on the squad. I like to form my own opinions on players, but after hearing what Coughlin said last week, I think my buddy may have a case.. hopefully he's wrong as hell and this guy can play like a stud.

burier
09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Got a friend who works on the field w Blue weekly and says Prince is the biggest baby on the squad. I like to form my own opinions on players, but after hearing what Coughlin said last week, I think my buddy may have a case.. hopefully he's wrong as hell and this guy can play like a stud.

I'm interested to know what your friend saw Prince do that gave him the impression he was a baby.

JB456
09-20-2012, 03:14 PM
There is absolutely no way the secondary can get any worse so having Prince out there is definately a huge plus.

Fharcyde
09-20-2012, 04:03 PM
I can only imagine that they'll limit Amukamara's snaps because of his lingering ankle issue. If he's not at full speed I don't think they'll keep him on the field for the entirety of each drive. It's a huge relief to have him back though. The quality difference between Amukamara and Tryon is hard to even put in words. Hosley and Amukamara should be a nice tandem to see on the field with Webster. I'm looking forward to watching the secondary (not get torched) tonight.

RoanokeFan
09-20-2012, 04:28 PM
I'm more interested in Hosley and Coe being on the field

Eli TO Shockey
09-20-2012, 04:30 PM
all those expecting Prince to be our savior tonight will be very dissapointed. I'm just glad hes playing...cant progress as a player when your in street clothes.

jakegibbs
09-20-2012, 04:45 PM

Wondering how many int's does Prince have so far in his short career? Anyone know?

Rudyy
09-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Wondering how many int's does Prince have so far in his short career? Anyone know?One.

jakegibbs
09-20-2012, 04:49 PM
One.

Thanks let's hope that doubles tonight right?

JB456
09-20-2012, 05:28 PM
all those expecting Prince to be our savior tonight will be very dissapointed. I'm just glad hes playing...cant progress as a player when your in street clothes.

I am not expecting him to be our savior but I do expect him to do better than a guy who should be bagging groceries. Hell, to be honest, I would take one pass defended and put him on a pedistal at this point.

RoanokeFan
09-20-2012, 05:38 PM
One.

And so does Hosley :rolleyes:

Harooni
09-20-2012, 05:46 PM
And so does Hosley :rolleyes: i like hosley i use him on dime packages in madden 13

jax5338
09-20-2012, 05:48 PM
And so does Hosley :rolleyes:

preseason doesnt count

RoanokeFan
09-20-2012, 05:54 PM
i like hosley i use him on dime packages in madden 13

He was a ball hawk at VT and he's had one interception so far with us. Could be a long term keeper

RoanokeFan
09-20-2012, 05:55 PM
preseason doesnt count

It doesn't count, but still it happened

NYKiller
09-20-2012, 05:59 PM
I hope Prince look good tonight. No big plays Prince, No BIG PLAYS unless you are making them.

JesseJames
09-20-2012, 06:09 PM
I think the secondary needs to be more aggressive, and that's a scheme thing. Frankly, the Giants have been hit for some big plays, but often, the coverage is there. But allowing the receivers to run loose without contesting them at the line of scrimmage has resulted in some problems, because the rush hasn't gotten to the QB. completely agree, we have to bump these receivers hard at the LOS to disrupt the timing

miked1958
09-20-2012, 06:35 PM
We will see how long he lasts. Kids made of glass

Eli TO Shockey
09-20-2012, 08:52 PM
We will see how long he lasts. Kids made of glass

cmon man...he never broke a bone until coming to the NFL. He will be ok.