PDA

View Full Version : Is Nicks going to be OK.....Xrays?....is it just a precaution?

BParcells777
09-19-2012, 11:04 PM
I'd like to think the rest of the team can rise up and beat a 2nd tier team like the Panthers

Perhaps they just want to give Nicks some extra recovery time

Buddy333
09-19-2012, 11:21 PM
I think, or at least hope, it's just because I the short week and they have a big divisional game coming up.

giantsfan420
09-19-2012, 11:25 PM
i was pissed with the thur game bc i knew after sunday nicks wouldnt play. dunno why this is a surprise to so many and so many are worried over nothing. he didnt reinjure himself or anything. he has to rest his foot after using it. not enough rest time, it was close and both he n the giants were hopeful, but it just isnt worth it. 1-nicks prob would be restricted in how well he could move 2-the risk of reinjuring it is much higher if he doesnt give his foot the proper rest. its why he is only gonna practice 1 a week until his foot is 100%.
we'll be alright. nicks will be primed n ready for philly

nhpgiantsfan
09-19-2012, 11:39 PM
i was pissed with the thur game bc i knew after sunday nicks wouldnt play. dunno why this is a surprise to so many and so many are worried over nothing. he didnt reinjure himself or anything. he has to rest his foot after using it. not enough rest time, it was close and both he n the giants were hopeful, but it just isnt worth it. 1-nicks prob would be restricted in how well he could move 2-the risk of reinjuring it is much higher if he doesnt give his foot the proper rest. its why he is only gonna practice 1 a week until his foot is 100%.

It came as a surprise to everyone becaue the last thing you heard about him before they annouced that he was out, was that he was good to go, and couldnt wait to play in his home town. The report that he was going to be out for the game, really came out of nowhere. Nobody was expecting it.

However, I agree, I thought the same thing on Sunday night. How could he be ready to go in 4 days.

Rat_bastich
09-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Most likely it's precautionary because of the short week. They are probably trying to get enough rest in between games. He'll have plenty of time from this game until the next. I'm sure that if this was the play offs he would be out there.

Should be exciting to see what some of our other guys can do now.

Drez
09-19-2012, 11:44 PM
It came as a surprise to everyone becaue the last thing you heard about him before they annouced that he was out, was that he was good to go, and couldnt wait to play in his home town. The report that he was going to be out for the game, really came out of nowhere. Nobody was expecting it.

However, I agree, I thought the same thing on Sunday night. How could he be ready to go in 4 days.
Players always say that.

Hell, he hasn't been practicing until Thursdays during normal weeks, and then only has the one practice.

TheBookOfEli
09-19-2012, 11:44 PM
I hope he comes back against Philly. We need him in that game.

GameTime
09-19-2012, 11:48 PM
not so sure about that. His foot got stepped on pretty heavily. He was running on adrenalin during the game. Hope he is ok but I am not convinced its a rest issue just yet.

Flip Empty
09-20-2012, 12:30 AM
4 days is a very quick turnaround. No point risking his season by throwing him out there again so soon.

Captain Chaos
09-20-2012, 04:30 AM
I think they are letting cooler heads prevail, they need to give Nick's foot a rest and have him ready for the Eagles, we'll need him there. I think we can win in Carolina, it will be up to the D to hold them but Eli and company will get their points.

MrDenmark
09-20-2012, 04:52 AM
As good as Nicks is, he wouldn't have been the deciding factor in this game.

He got stepped on an already hurt foot. Must be pretty sour. I think it's the wise decision, this gives him a bye week's rest. Good call in my book.

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 07:35 AM
phew better not have re-injured himself ... Prince had a similiar injury and when he came back which was around the 12 week mark as well, he didnt have the pain and swelling NIcks is having

i wonder if they did an x-ray last week? ... this is terrible ... i bet the swelling never went away which is bad

please just be sore and not injured !!!!!

TheAnalyst
09-20-2012, 07:47 AM
he didnt reinjure himself or anything.

UUmmm, yes he did. Did you not watch the game? He was fine, then the dude stepped on his right foot and twisted it, and he hobbled quite a bit. Still made some big catches, but you can tell he was hobbling, especially after his last big catch. He went down and could barely put weight on it. Hope it is ok for next Sunday, thats all we can do.

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 08:12 AM
he was out there for the last play in our now famous victory formation, but yeah im worried, but fingers crossed

Hooligans
09-20-2012, 12:02 PM
I'd like to think the rest of the team can rise up and beat a 2nd tier team like the Panthers

Perhaps they just want to give Nicks some extra recovery time

The Panthers are no "second tier team". I'm a Giant's fan living in Charlotte, and the Panthers are for real. The Giants will have to score at least 35 to win, because Cam will put up at least 28....he has done against EVERYBODY and he will score against the Giatns, particularly their poor defensive backfield. The Giants are and should be the underdog with all the injuries they have. Even if Bradshaw, Nicks and the rest were palying it would be a very tough game.

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 12:37 PM
now im seeing ankle, i feel better with that, even though a new problem ... expecting negative x-rays and Nicks good to go vs. the Eagles ... 2nite is the Ds time to show up in a big way

giantsfan420
09-20-2012, 12:42 PM
analyst- team has already said his foot was too sore during walk thrus, so they decided to hold him out. he still isnt 100% from the foot thing, and yes he did get it stepped on. but he didnt reinjure himself. there just wasnt enough time for him to rest. if it was a sunday game, 1000% he plays. he was practicing Thurs.'s too, so he had to try and practice earlier than he had been...
aint worth playing him tonight and jeopardizing his season when u can just rest him and by philly he should be 100%.

fansince69
09-20-2012, 12:44 PM
analyst- team has already said his foot was too sore during walk thrus, so they decided to hold him out. he still isnt 100% from the foot thing, and yes he did get it stepped on. but he didnt reinjure himself. there just wasnt enough time for him to rest. if it was a sunday game, 1000% he plays. he was practicing Thurs.'s too, so he had to try and practice earlier than he had been...
aint worth playing him tonight and jeopardizing his season when u can just rest him and by philly he should be 100%.

we may have to face the fact that he may never be 100% all year......it will probably be an ongoing situation....by the way he looked pretty good at less than 100% last week

repeatchamps
09-20-2012, 12:56 PM
The Panthers are no "second tier team". I'm a Giant's fan living in Charlotte, and the Panthers are for real. The Giants will have to score at least 35 to win, because Cam will put up at least 28....he has done against EVERYBODY and he will score against the Giatns, particularly their poor defensive backfield. The Giants are and should be the underdog with all the injuries they have. Even if Bradshaw, Nicks and the rest were palying it would be a very tough game.

Giants are actually favored by 1.5 in this game even without Nicks. Carolina gets 3.5 for being at home so not quite the ringing endorsement by the oddsmakers for Carolina. Despite that though I agree this will be no walk in the park.

ryan12
09-20-2012, 01:00 PM
if this were later in the season and game "counted" not saying this one doesnt he would play we have a division opponet who is in 1st palce next sunday no sense on 4 days rest to play him and take a gamble he will be ok.. we need the nicks that played against tb not dallas vs philly

Rich4114
09-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Well if we can find a way to win tonight and have him fully rested and ready for Philly next Sunday night then it all works out.

giantsforce
09-20-2012, 02:31 PM
The Panthers are no "second tier team". I'm a Giant's fan living in Charlotte, and the Panthers are for real. The Giants will have to score at least 35 to win, because Cam will put up at least 28....he has done against EVERYBODY and he will score against the Giatns, particularly their poor defensive backfield. The Giants are and should be the underdog with all the injuries they have. Even if Bradshaw, Nicks and the rest were palying it would be a very tough game.I agree with you. The Panthers are not to be taken lightly. The Giants did this with the cowboys and we know the result. Even a pocket passes like Freeman torched our secondary, Romo did a number on them and I expect Cam to put some serious numbers on us. Hopefully Eli will be able to do it again although without Nicks, it may not be as easy. Either way this game will be tough but it should not be a surprise to anyone if we lose.

Fharcyde
09-20-2012, 02:33 PM
He probably would have played if the game was on Sunday. The fact that he didn't get to practice all week and that the game is on a Thursday probably counted him out after he had his injured foot stepped on and abused during the game last week. I'm thinking it's only precautionary.

BParcells777
09-20-2012, 03:29 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhhh Sorry
did not realize they were a top 10 team........what was their record last year?

Eli TO Shockey
09-20-2012, 03:33 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh Sorry
did not realize they were a top 10 team........what was their record last year?

The last time they won a playoff game I believe was against us in 06-07?

The panthers have owned us since and have a solid squad. That being said, they have to put it together for an entire season before I put them in the top tier of NFL teams.

first time agreeing with you Jakk!! :cool: