PDA

View Full Version : Andre Brown? ....am I crazy?

Breezely
09-20-2012, 12:14 AM
I have a feeling that Andre Brown will open some eyes tomorrow vs. the Panthers. I feel that the combination of his speed (he's not the slowest) and power will provide for a decent running game. I believe that they will use Wilson more than they are letting on but Andre Brown has been waiting on THIS! This time right now!!! I believe he will make the best of it.

The Panthers are giving up an average of 145 yards rushing to their opponents. So it is very possible. The combination of Wilson and Brown (sound like a law firm) can make a difference.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/long_road_home_BQsjUByUIEKWG41TNzAGON?utm_medium=r ss&utm_content=Giants

Toadofsteel
09-20-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm taking the risk of starting him in my fantasy team this week. With Bradshaw out he's going to get the majority of the carries...

Breezely
09-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Although they are calling him the featured back, I believe it will be running back by committee. This will be an opportunity to sample Wilson more. It will be up to Brown to make it hard for them to keep him off the field. I think he will have a good game.

bbdynasty
09-20-2012, 12:34 AM
i want to see wilson get significant carries, like 12 or so, with another 20 for brown. brown doesn't have breakaway speed unfortunately, but he looks like he can grind the tough yards. We haven't had anything exciting in the backfield happening for a while now, we need to show the nfl that the Giants have the best offense in the league (which i actually believe is possible)

Rat_bastich
09-20-2012, 12:48 AM
Most likely it will be a combination of Wilson and Brown with Brown getting the most carries. Maybe Scott will get to see the field as well. We're definitely going to see alot of our youth out there tomorrow. These are the opportunities these young guys need to take advantage of and make the coaches' jobs a bit harder when it comes to deciding on who to field when the injured players return.

TheEnigma
09-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Funny thing actually and I know it won't happen because it's a big subtle change but our running game would probably be much better for this game if Boothe and Baas switched positions against the Panthers tomorrow. I could see Boothe dominating the middle and opening up huge holes for Andre Brown in that scenario.

Rusty192
09-20-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm taking the risk of starting him in my fantasy team this week. With Bradshaw out he's going to get the majority of the carries...Im actually thinking of doing the same thing. cant hurt i suppose.

Flip Empty
09-20-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm taking the risk of starting him in my fantasy team this week. With Bradshaw out he's going to get the majority of the carries...
I'm starting both Brown and Wilson... Desperation city. I think Wilson will get more carries than normal though

nycsportzfan
09-20-2012, 02:35 AM
As long as the Interior blocks like they did last weekend, he should be fine.. I hope they use em in the pass game often.. He can catch the ball very well.. He had 29catches and 2tds recieving his last yr at State..

nycsportzfan
09-20-2012, 02:37 AM
Andre Brown could be our next Rodney Hampton.. He reminds me alot of old number 27...

Flip Empty
09-20-2012, 03:03 AM
I wonder if this could be the beginning of Earth, Wind & Fire 2?

Captain Chaos
09-20-2012, 05:21 AM
TB and the Saints were able to run on this D, I think we will be able to as well. Given that Brown and Wilson will both have solid performances, more so with wilson who has that cut back ability. We'll look for him to have a break out game!

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 08:31 AM
well you need 2 healthy RBs going into any game in this NFL, but i do agree Brown will start and get more of the work, however, i do think now that Wilson is away from the home boo-birds, he will have a good game

GMENAGAIN
09-20-2012, 09:14 AM

Me too! You know he's going to get the carries, including the goal-line carries (hard to imagine TC giving Wilson goal line carries)

Redeyejedi
09-20-2012, 09:24 AM
I have a feeling that Andre Brown will open some eyes tomorrow vs. the Panthers. I feel that the combination of his speed (he's not the slowest) and power will provide for a decent running game. I believe that they will use Wilson more than they are letting on but Andre Brown has been waiting on THIS! This time right now!!! I believe he will make the best of it.

The Panthers are giving up an average of 145 yards rushing to their opponents. So it is very possible. The combination of Wilson and Brown (sound like a law firm) can make a difference.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/long_road_home_BQsjUByUIEKWG41TNzAGON?utm_medium=r ss&utm_content=GiantsAndre Brown had the top speed score "Size/speed metric" of any RB in the 2009 draft. I would love to know what he would test now after the injury. I dont think he looks like he did at NC State.

byron
09-20-2012, 09:46 AM

The Panthers are giving up an average of 145 yards rushingto their opponents. So it is very possible. The combination of Wilson and Brown (sound like a law firm) can make a difference.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/long_road_home_BQsjUByUIEKWG41TNzAGON?utm_medium=r ss&utm_content=Giants (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/long_road_home_BQsjUByUIEKWG41TNzAGON?utm_medium=r ss&utm_content=Giants) Lets hope would be nice to see hi break out .... "Wilson /Brown Realtors"

gianta
09-20-2012, 10:25 AM

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/long_road_home_BQsjUByUIEKWG41TNzAGON?utm_medium=r ss&utm_content=Giants

You are not crazy--Brown reminds me of Peterson--looking for 100 yds. +

RoanokeFan
09-20-2012, 11:01 AM
i want to see wilson get significant carries, like 12 or so, with another 20 for brown. brown doesn't have breakaway speed unfortunately, but he looks like he can grind the tough yards. We haven't had anything exciting in the backfield happening for a while now, we need to show the nfl that the Giants have the best offense in the league (which i actually believe is possible) Wilson will get his snaps as long as he maintains ball security

wuzpapn
09-20-2012, 11:03 AM
He's from North Carolina, I believe. He wants nothing more than a huge game for himself.

moosedrool
09-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Everyone knows how much TC values ball security. Brown had ZERO fumbles in 2500 carries in college. I think he'll get a minimum 75% of the carries tonight.

GameTime
09-20-2012, 12:13 PM
lets hope so. The O needs at least a decent run game tonight for a few reasons.....

TAILGATIN'
09-20-2012, 12:19 PM
I've watched both these backs for a while now. Brown has a ton of strength and ability and will play his role well, but ultimately, Wilson has the heart, the speed, and the talent to take the feature position and I think we will see at least a glimpse of that tonight if he's given the oppurtunity.

wuzpapn
09-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo

Giants HAVE to get D Wilson the ball tonight b/c CAR had serious tackling issues vs NO. Wilson slippery/powerful, could be a handful for em.

GMENAGAIN
09-20-2012, 12:35 PM
You are not crazy--Brown reminds me of Peterson--looking for 100 yds. +

Adrian Peterson???? lol . . . . easy there fella

Medisleman
09-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Would love to see a break out game for Brown and progression of skills in the NFL for Wilson. You guys need to give Wilson time, let him develop this year. Brown can take the load and perform, and Wilson can prepare to be the MAN going forward after this year hopefully.

GameTime
09-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Would love to see a break out game for Brown and progression of skills in the NFL for Wilson. You guys need to give Wilson time, let him develop this year. Brown can take the load and perform, and Wilson can prepare to be the MAN going forward after this year hopefully.
why cant Brown be the man. Why does Wilson have to be the man??? Why does Brown have be a stop gap for Wilson's maturity???

Why cant they both be the "men"....

Toadofsteel
09-20-2012, 03:29 PM
why cant Brown be the man. Why does Wilson have to be the man??? Why does Brown have be a stop gap for Wilson's maturity???

Why cant they both be the "men"....

Why can't Brown & Wilson be the next Jacobs & Bradshaw?

Fharcyde
09-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Someone's going to have to carry the ball on Gilbride's 3rd and 8 draw plays. Our receivers and backs are both injured so it should be interesting to see if our playcalling is any different.

BigBlue1971
09-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Andre has a lot to prove. hes been in the league 4-5 years already but hasnt reached his potential based on his draft position!

i also think he will open some eyes tonight with his power running.

if Wilson could supplement Browns performance with an eye opening performance of his own that would certainly put the Giants rushing attack on the map.

Breezely
09-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Damn. . . . .first half, Barden looks like Plex and Brown looks like Rodney Hampton!

Breezely
09-21-2012, 12:55 AM
Excuse me while I pat myself on the back!!!!!!!!!!

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Andre Brown could be our next Rodney Hampton.. He reminds me alot of old number 27...Rodney Hampton was the man

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-21-2012, 01:13 AM
Excuse me while I pat myself on the back!!!!!!!!!!

Andre Brown was ballin like Prince on the David Chapelle show

moosedrool
09-21-2012, 01:18 AM
You guys need to give Wilson time, let him develop this year. Brown can take the load and perform, and Wilson can prepare to be the MAN going forward after this year hopefully.

The Giants don't need to give Wilson time when Brown is running the way he is running. Power, decent speed, doesn't go down with arm tackles, always falling forward, pass protects well (not fair that he had to block a DE tonight), has incredible ball security (zero fumbles in college), and good hands. He's a legit 3 down back.

joemorrisforprez
09-21-2012, 01:20 AM

Nice call!

joemorrisforprez
09-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Everyone knows how much TC values ball security. Brown had ZERO fumbles in 2500 carries in college. I think he'll get a minimum 75% of the carries tonight.

Zero fumbles in college...... and has done a very solid job in pass protection......and is an effective short yardage/goal line back.

This dude is our new starting running back.

joemorrisforprez
09-21-2012, 01:23 AM
Andre Brown could be our next Rodney Hampton.. He reminds me alot of old number 27...

Agreed....reminds me alot of Hampton.

He also reminds me of Tiki......he's a patient runner....when somethings not there, he doesn't bail....he waits for a hole.

G.I. Ants
09-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Excuse me while I pat myself on the back!!!!!!!!!!On the money with that prediction.

miked1958
09-21-2012, 01:28 AM
I have a feeling that Andre Brown will open some eyes tomorrow vs. the Panthers. I feel that the combination of his speed (he's not the slowest) and power will provide for a decent running game. I believe that they will use Wilson more than they are letting on but Andre Brown has been waiting on THIS! This time right now!!! I believe he will make the best of it. The Panthers are giving up an average of 145 yards rushing to their opponents. So it is very possible. The combination of Wilson and Brown (sound like a law firm) can make a difference.http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/long_road_home_BQsjUByUIEKWG41TNzAGON?utm_medium=r ss&utm_content=GiantsYou called it dude!!!

Flip Empty
09-21-2012, 02:52 AM
Random stat I crunched - Brown has already rushed for around 1/3 of Bradshaw's 2011 regular season yardage from ~1/5 of his 2011 carries.

Starter.

BigBlueCrew22
09-21-2012, 02:53 AM
i want to see wilson get significant carries, like 12 or so, with another 20 for brown. brown doesn't have breakaway speed unfortunately, but he looks like he can grind the tough yards. We haven't had anything exciting in the backfield happening for a while now, we need to show the nfl that the Giants have the best offense in the league (which i actually believe is possible)

he doesnt have break away speed are you watching the wrong andre brown, hes not super fast but he def has break away speed bud, he has the ability to have big runs each game and will bud

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 03:00 AM
Andre Brown could be our next Rodney Hampton.. He reminds me alot of old number 27... A very Rodney Hampton esque game from Andre The Giant tonight.. Like i said, Brown has alittle more speed, but there similary built, both could catch(especially early on for rodney), and can be lead backs.. A Hampton line might of had a few more carries(a typical one anyways), but it was a similar type game..

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 03:03 AM
he doesnt have break away speed are you watching the wrong andre brown, hes not super fast but he def has break away speed bud, he has the ability to have big runs each game and will bud I beleive brown ran a sub 4.4 at the combine if i remember correctly? But after his injury it could of went down alittle.. Either way he was a very heavily recruited RB outta HS, and truly a all around back that could block, catch, run fast, run hard, and run often.. Injury's messed around with his college career quite a bit though and i hope he manages to stay healthy as a pro...He tore his ACL immedietly into his rookie campaign.. SInce then though, i think so far so good?

Rat_bastich
09-21-2012, 03:11 AM
I beleive brown ran a sub 4.4 at the combine if i remember correctly? But after his injury it could of went down alittle.. Either way he was a very heavily recruited RB outta HS, and truly a all around back that could block, catch, run fast, run hard, and run often.. Injury's messed around with his college career quite a bit though and i hope he manages to stay healthy as a pro...He tore his ACL immedietly into his rookie campaign.. SInce then though, i think so far so good?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/andre-brown?id=71225

Breezely
09-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Andre Brown was ballin like Prince on the David Chapelle show
LMAO!!!!

Rusty192
09-21-2012, 06:00 PM
So glad i started him in my one lineup. thanks dre!

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 07:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/andre-brown?id=71225 THank u sir.. I happen to dissagre with the Hands outta the backfield thing adn we saw first hand him make a beuaty one handed snag last night.. He really does have above AVG speed for a back his size.. I looked it up and it said he ran a 4.49 40 at his combine.. At 225lbs, thats not to shabby.. Bottom line, hes got a pretty solid overall game..

NorwoodBlue
09-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I beleive brown ran a sub 4.4 at the combine if i remember correctly? But after his injury it could of went down alittle.. Either way he was a very heavily recruited RB outta HS, and truly a all around back that could block, catch, run fast, run hard, and run often.. Injury's messed around with his college career quite a bit though and i hope he manages to stay healthy as a pro...He tore his ACL immedietly into his rookie campaign.. SInce then though, i think so far so good?

I thought it was his achilles he tore, I think he's knees are fine; which is a very good thing. And I read somewhere that the Giants said he actually showed up this year being faster than he was as a rookie.

In any event, his running style is old school, and I think he's going to keep on putting up good numbers.

slipknottin
09-21-2012, 08:42 PM
He ran a 4.37 at the combine, the "official" times are nonsense.