PDA

View Full Version : The Real Giants D shows up tonight !!!

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 08:33 AM
yes, you heard it here, mark it down

we will get sacks

we will get turnovers

we will make some red zone stands

Tuck and Osi will be more than noticed along with, naturally, JPP

the D will show up and more than pull it's weight 2nite

gumby74
09-20-2012, 08:35 AM
More and more it seems like the "real" Giants D is what you saw most of last season. The 6 games where they suddenly turned it on seems more and more a fluke.

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 08:37 AM
More and more it seems like the "real" Giants D is what you saw most of last season. The 6 games where they suddenly turned it on seems more and more a fluke.

we start a little slow, it's frustrating, but it happens just about every year ... we actually gave up 80 points even under the godlike figure that is Steve Spagnuolo

now get a sharpie and mark it down

miked1958
09-20-2012, 08:38 AM

we will get sacks

we will get turnovers

the D will show up and more than pull it's weight 2niteYou can forget the Sacks if the Refs decide to leave the flags in their pockets again with all the Holding and tackling going on of our DLine.

Number 1, Cam is a mobile QB which will make it harder to get Sacks to start with vs a regular pocket passer. You couple that with the holding and it will be nearly impossible to get any sacks

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 08:41 AM
You can forget the Sacks if the Refs decide to leave the flags in their pockets again with all the Holding and tackling going on of our DLine.

Number 1, Cam is a mobile QB which will make it harder to get Sacks to start with vs a regular pocket passer. You couple that with the holding and it will be nearly impossible to get any sacks

ah but he holds the ball and scrambles around ... we get a couple sacks early and then it becomes a feeding frenzy ... the refs could have been instructed to call more holding, but that has def. been a problem

miked1958
09-20-2012, 08:51 AM
ah but he holds the ball and scrambles around ... we get a couple sacks early and then it becomes a feeding frenzy ... the refs could have been instructed to call more holding, but that has def. been a problemHuge Problem. It has pretty much made our pass rush non existent this season so far.

ryan12
09-20-2012, 08:58 AM
i agree good thread i think we come out fired up on d and hit some people in the mouth.... GO D we need you tonight

Kruunch
09-20-2012, 09:00 AM

we will get sacks

we will get turnovers

From your lips to Gods' ears.

(is it bad that I'm losing faith in our defense actually showing up?)

gianta
09-20-2012, 09:20 AM

we will get sacks

we will get turnovers

As my grandma used to say--from your mouth to God's ears.

timmytimm3
09-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Hopefully Austin can get some snaps and pressure up the middle.

RoanokeFan
09-20-2012, 09:28 AM
yes, you heard it here, mark it down we will get sacks we will get turnovers we will make some red zone stands Tuck and Osi will be more than noticed along with, naturally, JPP the D will show up and more than pull it's weight 2nite If you are right, we win

GameTime
09-20-2012, 09:54 AM

we will get sacks

we will get turnovers

its very simple.....
they have to. if the dont play a near complete game the Giants dont win....

TroyArcher
09-20-2012, 09:55 AM
From your mouth to Gods ears.

GameTime
09-20-2012, 09:56 AM
even if Nicks and AB were in the Giants D still has to play a great game.....
it will be on them tonight and not the O.

TheEnigma
09-20-2012, 09:56 AM
JPP and Joseph will show up as always. The question is who else will join them?

GameTime
09-20-2012, 09:59 AM
JPP and Joseph will show up as always. The question is who else will join them?
this game goes way beyond the Dline. The whole D has to play disciplined football tonight. They cant be blitz crazy with Newton.

TheEnigma
09-20-2012, 10:04 AM
this game goes way beyond the Dline. The whole D has to play disciplined football tonight. They cant be blitz crazy with Newton.

No doubt my man. Just stating the guys I've been happy with so far. KP and Hosley have performed good as well. Need more players to step up though, like maybe some of our veterans...

Redeyejedi
09-20-2012, 10:39 AM
No doubt my man. Just stating the guys I've been happy with so far. KP and Hosley have performed good as well. Need more players to step up though, like maybe some of our veterans... See whats in common there the younger players on this team.I think this offseason major changes are coming to this Giants roster. Lots of the bigger money guys arent deserving and the younger players are due deals.Either pay cuts are coming or flat out cuts.I think this is the last year with this core group.

JB456
09-20-2012, 10:47 AM

we will get sacks

we will get turnovers

I love the attitude but the pessimist in me just doesn't see it. I would be very pleased to be proven wrong though.

jakegibbs
09-20-2012, 10:53 AM

we will get sacks

we will get turnovers

If they don't they're beat. Don't expect much from a depleted offense in this game with a wild hostile crowd that will have the opponents defense in a shark frenzy.

GMan-67
09-21-2012, 08:52 AM
look out league, the D is officially back !

gumby74
09-21-2012, 08:55 AM
look out league, the D is officially back !

Are they? I didn't start watching until mid through the 2nd, but our front 4 still weren't getting as much pressure as I'd like.

miked1958
09-21-2012, 09:00 AM
Huge Problem. It has pretty much made our pass rush non existent this season so far.again only 1 sack i think. but overall your correct about the turnovers and redzone defenses. good job

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Why would u go all out after the QB to get Sacks when Cam Newton couldnt read are defense just drop 7 and let him throw picks. JPP was magnificent again. Guy completely shut down the read option

ryan12
09-21-2012, 09:55 AM
again only 1 sack i think. but overall your correct about the turnovers and redzone defenses. good job

leave it to you to bring out the negative a good pass rush doesnt show up in sack numbers. cam had no time in pocket we got consistant pressure on him freaking great game and still people "only 1 sack" SHUT UP

HakeemDaDream88
09-21-2012, 10:10 AM
we had 2 sacks by the way haha