PDA

View Full Version : The Window

Kruunch
09-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Making your name in the NFL is tough.

You need skill, poise and the athletic ability to hang with the best in the world. And even then you're not remotely assured to be seen. You also need luck. A confluence of incidents that provide you the shot to be noticed. Some players have a leg up on this (high draft picks). Some make themselves noticed, even when you're not supposed to be looking (Cruz in the preseason of 2010). Some teams try to buy this (free agents).

And every once in awhile, you just "get your shot". As is the case this week for a number of Giants.

Andre Brown
Ramses Barden
Martelus Bennett
Ruben Randle
Jernel Jernigan (if he even gets to dress for this game).

All these guys will be heavily relied upon in tonight's game. We say stuff like "the next man up" but for these guys ... this is their shot. This is their time to shine. This is a time to make careers.

These are the games I look forward to because these are the times when you can "I remember when he broke out!".

ryan12
09-20-2012, 08:56 AM
this is an outstanding post kruunch i agree 1000% good **** bro

RagTime Blue
09-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Luck can give you success for a play, but long-term success is determined by talent and preparation. Those that are successful excel at both. Hopefully some of the guys you mentioned are ready.

titwio
09-20-2012, 09:25 AM
I agree with what your saying here and I made a post similar to this as far as unknowns getting their shot to step up. I'd also put Prince, Wilson, Beatty and Scott on this list as well. All of them have an opportunity to shine.

*(Jernigan will definitely dress being they only have four wide-outs.)

Kruunch
09-20-2012, 09:28 AM
I agree with what your saying here and I made a post similar to this as far as unknowns getting their shot to step up. I'd also put Prince, Wilson, Beatty and Scott on this list as well. All of them have an opportunity to shine.

*(Jernigan will definitely dress being they only have four wide-outs.)

Prince and Wilson will get more looks going forward due to their draft status even if they are only mediocre (or even downright bad) in this game.

Beatty has shown himself capable .... he just needs to last (imo).

Scott possibly ... if we see him at all.

PBTimmons
09-20-2012, 09:34 AM
It's Amateur night at the Apollo tonight... And I can't wait to watch it go down.

ryan12
09-20-2012, 10:37 AM
It's Amateur night at the Apollo tonight... And I can't wait to watch it go down.

get off the boards clown

PBTimmons
09-20-2012, 10:54 AM
get off the boards clown

Haha, seriously!? I mean't that in a positive way...tough guy. Plus I've been here longer than you, fool.

ryan12
09-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Haha, seriously!? I mean't that in a positive way...tough guy. Plus I've been here longer than you, fool.

great comeback

burier
09-20-2012, 12:01 PM
get off the boards clown

You have weakened me with laughter!

Laurah1275
09-20-2012, 01:20 PM

You need skill, poise and the athletic ability to hang with the best in the world. And even then you're not remotely assured to be seen. You also need luck. A confluence of incidents that provide you the shot to be noticed. Some players have a leg up on this (high draft picks). Some make themselves noticed, even when you're not supposed to be looking (Cruz in the preseason of 2010). Some teams try to buy this (free agents).

And every once in awhile, you just "get your shot". As is the case this week for a number of Giants.

Andre Brown
Ramses Barden
Martelus Bennett
Ruben Randle

All these guys will be heavily relied upon in tonight's game. We say stuff like "the next man up" but for these guys ... this is their shot. This is their time to shine. This is a time to make careers.

These are the games I look forward to because these are the times when you can "I remember when he broke out!".I'm really curious to know what GameTime thinks of this...

Laurah1275
09-20-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm really curious to know what GameTime thinks of this...Yoo Hoo....GameTime...your expertise is being requested...:)

rainierjef
09-20-2012, 02:41 PM
^ Why is she still here? :P

Easy E.
09-20-2012, 03:14 PM
get off the boards clown

His quote wasn't an insult....get off your thrown

Fharcyde
09-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Injuries are usually the reason a lot of these mid-to-late round picks finally get a chance. It's what they make of it. Tom Brady is a prime example coming in for Drew Bledsoe. It's time for one of these hidden gems to shine.

Laurah1275
09-20-2012, 03:25 PM
^ Why is she still here? :PSame reason you are :p

Eli TO Shockey
09-20-2012, 03:29 PM
To be fair, this may be Bardens last chance to claim a spot in our starting 3. He's been given opportunity after opportunity. I'm rooting for the guy.

Kruunch
09-20-2012, 03:39 PM
To be fair, this may be Bardens last chance to claim a spot in our starting 3. He's been given opportunity after opportunity. I'm rooting for the guy.

I would tend to agree.

Razur
09-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Like the post! I might juat make an observation abour Barden however.. This guy MUST make himslef known tonight if he gets on the feild. We've been waiting on this guy for 4 years now.. He is showing some promise, but I would say, he has more to lose than any of the others if he doesnt 'step-up'.
He could be a big weapon in the Green Zone with his height....be watching him closer.

Great post Kruunch..

GO BLUE !!!!

YIKES..saw the previous post...victim of slow typing ..sorry!!!

jakegibbs
09-20-2012, 03:56 PM

Andre Brown
Ramses Barden
Martelus Bennett
Ruben Randle

These are the games I look forward to because these are the times when you can "I remember when he broke out!".

To: Mr. Brown, Mr Barden, Mr. Bennett, Mr. Randle & Mr. Jernigan & PS Mr. Prince??????

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Like the post! I might juat make an observation abour Barden however.. This guy MUST make himslef known tonight if he gets on the feild. We've been waiting on this guy for 4 years now.. He is showing some promise, but I would say, he has more to lose than any of the others if he doesnt 'step-up'.
He could be a big weapon in the Green Zone with his height....be watching him closer.

Great post Kruunch..

GO BLUE !!!!

YIKES..saw the previous post...victim of slow typing ..sorry!!!

I would say Barden realized that himself last night :D

And you have to feel all sorts of good for Andre Brown for as many times as this poor guy has been cut.