PDA

View Full Version : THE PASS RUSH

gianta
09-20-2012, 09:16 AM
If we can't get a pass rush going,say bye bye to this season.

I am watching the TB quarterback just standing there holding the ball and waiting for someone to get open,and please don't tell me that TB got rid of the ball so quick that it negated our rush,

What is with Osi and Tuck???

TheAnalyst
09-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Holding not being called is killing the pass rush... Hopefully the real refs will be back soon. I have also noticed Fewell going back to his base rush 4 defense 90% of the time. He needs to reduce that to about 60-65%. Blitz the LBs or CBs a little bit more.

gianta
09-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Holding not being called is killing the pass rush... Hopefully the real refs will be back soon. I have also noticed Fewell going back to his base rush 4 defense 90% of the time. He needs to reduce that to about 60-65%. Blitz the LBs or CBs a little bit more.

Holding not being called---I was not aware of this--Coughlin needs to get involved with that!

Medisleman
09-20-2012, 01:36 PM
I think there has been a lot of holding this year due to replacement refs. Would love to see a comparison of total sacks in the NFL after 2 games this year vs the last 3-4 years. Also would love to see a comparison of holding calls in the first two games this year vs previous years. Would say a lot about refs and how they impact the game.

Toadofsteel
09-20-2012, 01:37 PM
The question is, why isn't our OL taking advantage of the non-calls on holding? We could get an actual run-game going in the meantime...

EnragedYouth85
09-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Not sure, maybe Coughlin instilled values into our players?

GameTime
09-20-2012, 01:43 PM
tonight is all about discipline on defense. If they lack it they will get burnt beyond belief.....

JB456
09-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Holding not being called---I was not aware of this--Coughlin needs to get involved with that!

I keep on hearing the lack of holding penalties but I would only attribute 50% to that. Its also the complete lack of pressure. How long did Romo and Freeman have to sit back there in the pocket? The answer is ALL DAY.

TheAnalyst
09-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I keep on hearing the lack of holding penalties but I would only attribute 50% to that. Its also the complete lack of pressure. How long did Romo and Freeman have to sit back there in the pocket? The answer is ALL DAY.

Thats why I said holding AND Perry Fewells, "Never rush more then 4" defense. Id rather us rush the passer with 6 and take our chances on the QB having to throw it quick then rush 4 and give him all day.

burier
09-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Thats why I said holding AND Perry Fewells, "Never rush more then 4" defense. Id rather us rush the passer with 6 and take our chances on the QB having to throw it quick then rush 4 and give him all day.

Thats how I feel. Especially when you're facing a big time Quarterback...bring 4 if 4 can't get it bring 5 if 5 can't get it bring 6...keep bringing em until they get to the QB.

JB456
09-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Thats how I feel. Especially when you're facing a big time Quarterback...bring 4 if 4 can't get it bring 5 if 5 can't get it bring 6...keep bringing em until they get to the QB.

+1000000 I'd rather get burnt on a few plays then get burnt on 60% of the plays and have the other team drop 35 on you.

Toadofsteel
09-20-2012, 03:40 PM

I'm with you on this, but they have to do it intelligently. PF telegraphs his blitzes way too easily. Still, if offenses are going max protection on us, we need to bring more in to attack that protection. Each TE and RB left in to block is one less receiver to cover.