PDA

View Full Version : Hate thursday night games

TroyArcher
09-20-2012, 09:54 AM
I could do without them. I am surprised the players union didn't fight this, maybe they did and I didn't hear. I believe this will cause more injuries as players will not get enough time to heal from the Sunday game. I think it gives an even bigger advantage to the home team. I also never sleep well after a late Giants game (win or lose) as the adrenaline is flowing and I have to get up early for work on Friday. Oh well, Go Giants!!!

GameTime
09-20-2012, 09:55 AM
dont be such a *****.....:rolleyes:

TroyArcher
09-20-2012, 09:55 AM
What is ******.....?

GameTime
09-20-2012, 09:57 AM
What is ******.....?

lol....female parts.....:)

Cool Papa B.
09-20-2012, 10:22 AM
I like Thursday night football. I just hate it when the Giants play on Thursday.

Flip Empty
09-20-2012, 10:28 AM
The conditions are the same for both teams participating so I don't really see the issue. You basically end up with a free bye week after it, too.

lamas
09-20-2012, 10:33 AM
The conditions are the same for both teams participating so I don't really see the issue. You basically end up with a free bye week after it, too.

This is a key point. If we can come away tonight with a win, we get extra time to prepare and rest for Philly.

Buddy333
09-20-2012, 10:36 AM
I'd rather they play every Sunday at 1:00pm. However, even with them missing so many players I am excited for tonight's game. So maybe the NFL has it right.

JB456
09-20-2012, 10:50 AM
I'd rather they play every Sunday at 1:00pm. However, even with them missing so many players I am excited for tonight's game. So maybe the NFL has it right.

Agreed. Enough of this weekday BS. Even if we win tonight we have to deal with a Sunday without football. If they aren't going to have football on Sunday or Monday, they should have the games on Friday or Saturday.

ryan12
09-20-2012, 10:50 AM
i agree i wish every game was at 1pm on sunday that being said im sitting here at work and ill i can think about is the game tonight

jakegibbs
09-20-2012, 10:55 AM
This is a key point. If we can come away tonight with a win, we get extra time to prepare and rest for Philly.

They'll get xtra time to prepare for Philly win or lose. What's the difference?

TheAnalyst
09-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Said it before and Ill say it again. I like it when we win, and absolutely hate it when we lose. We win, we can enjoy a weekend with no worries and get to watch all the other teams battle it out, watching the Cowboys and Eagles and Skins, while the Giants do the same and get extra days to prepare for our next opponent.... We lose, and it nearly ruins the weekend. Football on Sunday is tough to watch cause we already lost. This is why I felt like opening Sunday sucked. First time I ever felt like that. Our game vs Dallas felt like a preseason game. And it feels like a month till our next game is played.

Laurah1275
09-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Just bummed I have to watch the game tonight with no beer....and something tells me I'm going to especially need it....GO GIANTS!

gmenblue8890
09-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Agreed. Enough of this weekday BS. Even if we win tonight we have to deal with a Sunday without football. If they aren't going to have football on Sunday or Monday, they should have the games on Friday or Saturday.

Exactly, the closer to Sunday the better. Obviously they wont do Saturday because that's college football and that would annoy alot of people like me who watch both college and pro football every weekend. I just don't get why Thursday and not Friday nights, at least it would give the guys one more day rest.

ryan12
09-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Just bummed I have to watch the game tonight with no beer....and something tells me I'm going to especially need it....GO GIANTS!

why no beer thats like a sin

Easy E.
09-20-2012, 11:11 AM
I agree with the original poster. I work full time and then go to night school during the week and hate the weeknight games. After Labor Day, with the summer being over, the one thing I look forward to are Sundays. Wake up late, make a huge breakfast and watch the games all day. Granted, I'll still be watching this weekend, but I'd much rather prefer a Sunday where the Giants play and not this Thursday night crap.

Absolutely hate it.

GameTime
09-20-2012, 11:11 AM
what are you a good girl during the week???

Giantz4Life
09-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Thirsty Thursday....Giants game...nuff said!

I'll take the Friday hangover and wear it like a badge.

......if we win.

TAILGATIN'
09-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Im a fan.. another night of football

Laurah1275
09-20-2012, 11:25 AM
what are you a good girl during the week???LOL...I'm a good girl every day of the week...try to be extra good during the week though ;)

lamas
09-20-2012, 11:27 AM
They'll get xtra time to prepare for Philly win or lose. What's the difference?

Sorry. I jammed together two thoughts in my head and that's how it came out.

Basically what I meant was that with the short week and travel time we're at a disadvantage this week. Coming out tonight with a win would be huge. Then we get the advantage of extra time to prepare for Philly.

The difference would be 2-1 vs 1-2 going into Philly.

Laurah1275
09-20-2012, 11:29 AM
why no beer thats like a sinI know, I know...don't make it harder for me...I'm much too tempted already...lol...

ryan12
09-20-2012, 12:44 PM
I know, I know...don't make it harder for me...I'm much too tempted already...lol...

cmon thursday night football, GIANTS FOOTBALL only 1 work day left. i have 3 things to say beer.....beer.....BEER

ryan12
09-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Sorry. I jammed together two thoughts in my head and that's how it came out.

Basically what I meant was that with the short week and travel time we're at a disadvantage this week. Coming out tonight with a win would be huge. Then we get the advantage of extra time to prepare for Philly.

The difference would be 2-1 vs 1-2 going into Philly.

i kinda figured thats what you meant

GameTime
09-20-2012, 12:53 PM
LOL...I'm a good girl every day of the week...try to be extra good during the week though ;)

yeah.....uh huh.....you go with that....:cool:

thomsoad
09-20-2012, 01:02 PM
If I still lived on the East Coast I would honestly hate em.
I gotta get up at 4am...Luckily living out here in Phoenix the games start at 530.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Pro football is meant for Sundays and Monday Night. The only Thursday Pro Football allowed should be Thanksgiving Day and I even hate how NFLN now has the night game for that as well. So, Since the beginning of the season we have had a Wed, Sun, and now a Thurs. game. Talk about not being able to get in a rhythm....... You wake up on all different days actually wondering where the hell you are and what time you have to show up! CRAAAAAAZY!

Astorian
09-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Exactly, the closer to Sunday the better. Obviously they wont do Saturday because that's college football and that would annoy alot of people like me who watch both college and pro football every weekend. I just don't get why Thursday and not Friday nights, at least it would give the guys one more day rest.

Friday belongs to the high schools.