PDA

View Full Version : Osi and Tuck - Time to wreak some havoc

TroyArcher
09-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Time to abuse the QB. With a crippled Offense you need to step up.

burier
09-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm over Tuck and Osi. We should have parted ways with both of them or at least parted ways with Justin Tuck. I expect JPP to have a earth shattering night.

GameTime
09-20-2012, 01:19 PM
They cannot over pursue tonight. The D scheme will have to be all about discipline and well timed blitzes from the edges.
And when they do blitz they will have to contain the cutback side and the middle...

fansince69
09-20-2012, 01:20 PM
They cannot over pursue tonight. The D scheme will have to be all about discipline and well timed blitzes from the edges.
And when they do blitz they will have to contain the cutback side and the middle...

Hopefully they learned their lesson from the cowboy game.....

Neverend
09-20-2012, 01:32 PM
I think this is the one fair game to judge Osi. The panthers will not double team him in pass protection, that is, if he rushes on the right side against their pro bowl LT. So no excuses, he has to get it done. He did have a strip sack in 2010 against gross so we'll see. jpp also abused him 1-on-1 in the preseason last year too

Tuck, I have no idea. Im beginning to worry hes more banged up then hes letting on

burier
09-20-2012, 01:34 PM
I think this is the one fair game to judge Osi. The panthers will not double team him in pass protection, that is, if he rushes on the right side against their pro bowl LT. So no excuses, he has to get it done. He did have a strip sack in 2010 against gross so we'll see. jpp also abused him 1-on-1 in the preseason last year too

Tuck, I have no idea. Im beginning to worry hes more banged up then hes letting on

I'm sure Tucks groin is killing him.

YATittle1962
09-20-2012, 01:34 PM

this is what they seem to put on film season after season......over pursuit

to the point where QBs know it will happen and just wait on the pressure then simply step in front of it or take off for a 15 yd gain because the LBs are stuck in coverage due to the lack of production from the DBs

Buddy333
09-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah after 2 games with no sacks they should trade Tuck and Osi. What are they thinking?

GameTime
09-20-2012, 01:40 PM
this is what they seem to put on film season after season......over pursuit

to the point where QBs know it will happen and just wait on the pressure then simply step in front of it or take off for a 15 yd gain because the LBs are stuck in coverage due to the lack of production from the DBs
yep.......thats why in all the "defense/sacks" threads that have started I am stating over and over tonight D scheme is all about discipline. Not sacks per se.

ny06
09-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm over Tuck and Osi. We should have parted ways with both of them or at least parted ways with Justin Tuck. I expect JPP to have a earth shattering night.
Parted ways? You are not shy to express your dissatisfaction for Tuck. Were you happy with him in the playoffs and super bowl last year? How about Osi having 9 sacks in 9 games last season? You are aware teamís game plan against these two right? Not excusing their play so far in these two games, but to say we should have parted ways with them is ridiculous.

burier
09-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah after 2 games with no sacks they should trade Tuck and Osi. What are they thinking?

They shouldn't trade them now...They're both basically worthless at this point. Could have gotten a decent pick for them in the off season though.

And its not 2 games...Tuck has been overrated from the word go and has lost enough steps to be catagorized at 100% pure garbage at this point. I'm sure he'll play better in the playoffs which is even more maddening.

Osi started talking about retiring 3 years ago and we're hurting JPP by moving him all over the line so that hasbeens can pretend to rush the passer.

That is all.

Buddy333
09-20-2012, 01:48 PM
So over rated they helped the team win 2 Super Bowls.

burier
09-20-2012, 01:53 PM
2 superbowls??? I'm talking about right now...I'm not talking about what happened 5 years ago. I'm not even talking about what happened last season...even though Tuck would tell you himself that he was complete embarasssment. Overstated injuries, cherry picked which games he'd be actived for and needed a pep talk like he was on the JV girls swim team.

And that's our leader...and we all wonder why the D can't stop a nosebleed.

Buddy333
09-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Cherry picked games? Right. You knew the status of his health. What was I thinking?

burier
09-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Cherry picked games? Right. You knew the status of his health. What was I thinking?

HE SAID IT HIMSELF!!!

Just because you love him because he was able to run by a gaurd and get a sack in the Superbowl shouldn't blind you to his complete lack of production...His been on a downturn for a while now.

Dwinsballgames
09-20-2012, 01:58 PM
2 superbowls??? I'm talking about right now...I'm not talking about what happened 5 years ago. I'm not even talking about what happened last season...even though Tuck would tell you himself that he was complete embarasssment. Overstated injuries, cherry picked which games he'd be actived for and needed a pep talk like he was on the JV girls swim team.

And that's our leader...and we all wonder why the D can't stop a nosebleed.

Dude, have a lttle faith. It's only the 3rd week of the season. It must be horrible to feel so absolutely pessimistic about your team.

Buddy333
09-20-2012, 01:59 PM
What do he say himself? He said he hand picked games to take off? Never heard that before.

burier
09-20-2012, 02:06 PM
What do he say himself? He said he hand picked games to take off? Never heard that before.

He said he didn't train as hard, didn't try as hard, didn't drive as hard and didn't play as hard.

What else does he have to say? Do you need it written down on a napkin?

All the things that I was calling him out for last season and got called nuts for even suggesting. Someone even said I was trolling...Tuck came out and cosigned every word of it.

burier
09-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Dude, have a lttle faith. It's only the 3rd week of the season. It must be horrible to feel so absolutely pessimistic about your team.

You've got me all wrong. I have pleanty of faith. We're gonna repeat this year. Its Tuck I have no faith in.

Dwinsballgames
09-20-2012, 02:08 PM
You've got me all wrong. I have pleanty of faith. We're gonna repeat this year. Its Tuck I have no faith in.

Give him more than 2 games before you close the book on him this season. (or don't it doesn't make any difference to me)

Buddy333
09-20-2012, 02:09 PM
That's not what you said. You said he hand picked games he would no play in. He was injured and he did have some personal issues and he did say something about not training as hard during the lock out but that was it. Not that he hand picked games to take off.

burier
09-20-2012, 02:22 PM
That's not what you said. You said he hand picked games he would no play in. He was injured and he did have some personal issues and he did say something about not training as hard during the lock out but that was it. Not that he hand picked games to take off.

If you look at the games Tuck missed last season its obvious he was picking and choosing. The first part of the season's schedule was very soft. He played in exactly 2 of the the soft ball games St Louis (Which happened to Monday Nightfootball and our first game against Spags) and Miami (he had already been out for something like 4 weeks and needed a tuneup as the next game on the sched was Giants AT Pats)

He conveniently missed games against the Redskins, Cardinals and Seahawks. All games we were supposed to win easliy (We wound up going 1-2 in those games because when the Captain is dogging it...well it cancerous.)

He's already admitted that he was afraid to play because he was scared of getting hurt.

We already know that Tom Coughlin had to pull him aside.

He admitted that another party pulled him aside aswell which is when he started playing better.

He has commented on not playing as hard and working as hard and he wasn't talking about the off season. When a guy who missed as many games as Tuck missed says he wasn't working hard enough he's saying..."Yeah there were a few games that I could have played in" I mean...I wouldn't even qualify it as reading between the lines.

Imgrate
09-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Burier wanted us to trade osi AND tuck for a linebacker last year. Oh, and he also mentioned that if those two guys weren't enough, then throw in canty too. Just a point of reference for his mindset.

burier
09-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Give him more than 2 games before you close the book on him this season. (or don't it doesn't make any difference to me)

Hang on a minute. We're on the same side here. I just want players on the field who can help us win. I know what Tuck is capable of. And since he's gonna be out there tonight I hope he rips the world apart but...I've just been really unwhelmed by him since he became the starter.

Dwinsballgames
09-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Hang on a minute. We're on the same side here. I just want players on the field who can help us win. I know what Tuck is capable of. And since he's gonna be out there tonight I hope he rips the world apart but...I've just been really unwhelmed by him since he became the starter.

In the words of Tom Coughlin, "we'll see'

Toadofsteel
09-20-2012, 02:27 PM
In the words of Tom Coughlin, "we'll see'

In the words of Tom Coughlin, "Play the game". So far Tuck and Osi have not played the game...

burier
09-20-2012, 02:29 PM
@Imgrate

Yeah you always try to quote me on something I said before and it always points out how right I was. My favorite.

"Burier said Eli Manning is the best Quarterback in football...Know who you're debating hardy har har"

And had we traded Osi and Tuck for a pick and used it on a backer right now we'd have two legit edgerushers and runstoppers at DE and a legitmate LB corps which we can't say we have right now.

Oh...and good thing we kept Chris Canty around too..Him and his huge cap number are a big help right now aren't they?

Dwinsballgames
09-20-2012, 02:30 PM
In the words of Tom Coughlin, "Play the game". So far Tuck and Osi have not played the game...

which is probably what prompted the OP to make this thread because it's time for them to step up.

Fharcyde
09-20-2012, 02:44 PM
They can't play against Newton the way they played against Romo. If they chase Cam out of the pocket we might be playing from behind during this game too. I'm happy that our defense is getting a little healthier though. With Amukamara and Rivers back on the field we'll have a little more athleticism to work with against Newton.

Imgrate
09-20-2012, 03:36 PM
@ImgrateYeah you always try to quote me on something I said before and it always points out how right I was. My favorite."Burier said Eli Manning is the best Quarterback in football...Know who you're debating hardy har har"And had we traded Osi and Tuck for a pick and used it on a backer right now we'd have two legit edgerushers and runstoppers at DE and a legitmate LB corps which we can't say we have right now.Oh...and good thing we kept Chris Canty around too..Him and his huge cap number are a big help right now aren't they?Are you saying kiwi is a legit edge rusher? who would be our starting strongside end, genius? Not to mention we would have no depth at the second most important position in football. DEs will always be more important than linebackers. Trading two good DEs for a linebacker is absolutely ******ed. No GM in the league would be so stupid to do that. But of course had we traded those two guys last year, we wouldn't have won the super bowl.As for Eli, continue to live in your fantasy world.

burier
09-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Are you saying kiwi is a legit edge rusher? who would be our starting strongside end, genius? Not to mention we would have no depth at the second most important position in football. DEs will always be more important than linebackers. Trading two good DEs for a linebacker is absolutely ******ed. No GM in the league would be so stupid to do that. But of course had we traded those two guys last year, we wouldn't have won the super bowl.As for Eli, continue to live in your fantasy world.

Yup...and here we go with the what GMs would do. And your position is we should have kept 2 old expensive non-productive players for the sake of......depth??? Your skull is thicker than the black box.

1) I never said that we should have traded those players last year. I said we should have traded them for this year.

2) Yes Kiwi is a legit edge rusher and has proven as much.

3) DEPTH??? Right now Osi and Tuck are completely useless. They don't provide depth. THEY'RE OLD! Both have already openly mentioned retirement. They don't provide anything right now. If they weren't on the team we'd have a fresher pass rush with no legitamate losses to depth.

4) Yup I'll live in my Eli fantasy land...though it seems to be getting more more crowded as the weeks pass.

nhpgiantsfan
09-20-2012, 04:21 PM
I will agree that Tuck has been very underwhelming for some time now. I am more of an Osi fan than Tuck, but right now he's in my doghouse as well. I was expecting him to be a beast this year seeing as how he is probably playing right now for his last NFL contract. The season is young, so I am still having faith that they will come around.

Imgrate
09-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Yup...and here we go with the what GMs would do. And your position is we should have kept 2 old expensive non-productive players for the sake of......depth??? Your skull is thicker than the black box.1) I never said that we should have traded those players last year. I said we should have traded them for this year. 2) Yes Kiwi is a legit edge rusher and has proven as much.3) DEPTH??? Right now Osi and Tuck are completely useless. They don't provide depth. THEY'RE OLD! Both have already openly mentioned retirement. They don't provide anything right now. If they weren't on the team we'd have a fresher pass rush with no legitamate losses to depth.4) Yup I'll live in my Eli fantasy land...though it seems to be getting more more crowded as the weeks pass.you wanted to trade them last year. Period, you said that dumb ****, not me. We trade those two guys for some random linebacker and we don't win the super bowl. If we traded those guys, who knows who would be our starting strongside end, and now kiwi wouldn't have a spot to play lber nor start at de. Pretty ****ing stupid.There's more than two games in a season. Did you judge Eli solely by his first two games last year? Of course not.

burier
09-20-2012, 05:01 PM
you wanted to trade them last year. Period, you said that dumb ****, not me. We trade those two guys for some random linebacker and we don't win the super bowl. If we traded those guys, who knows who would be our starting strongside end, and now kiwi wouldn't have a spot to play lber nor start at de. Pretty ****ing stupid.There's more than two games in a season. Did you judge Eli solely by his first two games last year? Of course not.

LOL so you're putting words in my mouth and inventing scenarios that have nothing to do with me to make your point? Hmmm very mature.

I'm just gonna repeat myself. I never said that Tuck or Osi or anyone should have been traded midseason. You're making that up to work with your SB point which is completely irrelevant. ( I did state that Tuck should have been BENCHED...but that's a far cry from demanding that he be traded AFTER the trade deadline)

This summer I would have/tried to moved Osi and Tuck in a trade and moved Kiwi to Starting DE opposite JPP. So the scenario where Kiwi is in limbo was invented by you for the sake of pretending you have a point.

And then you have the nerve to tell me there's more than 2 games in a season AFTER you so astutely pointed out that I was complaining about Tuck as early as last year.... So you already know that I'm basing my judgement on much more than 2 games...yet once again you intenentionally misrespresent my position for the sake pretending you have a point.

Imagine instead of giving Osi more money we actually are relieved of his contract all together. We're rid of Tucks contract and Rid of Canty's contract and we might actually have cap space to sign Victor Cruz (A deal that if not done before season's end will result in the departure of Victor Cruz BTW) and we'd be in a better position to resign Nicks aswell.

We play Boley Rivers and either a known or unknown comodity at backer and keep it moving thus avoiding the problems we're having defensively right now.

If you were gonna try to call me out on my position on Tuck Osi and Canty this wasn't the week to do it considering each player is either inactive or counterproductive.

NYKiller
09-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Keep and eye on Tuck and Osi tonight. Osi has been on the hot seat for a while now. It's time light that fire under Tuck's seat as well.

TroyArcher
09-21-2012, 02:20 PM

I'm not ready to give up on Tuck, he is still a young guy. It does seem at times that he is just not into the game.