PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem Nicks did not suffer a setback

RoanokeFan
09-20-2012, 03:02 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/hakeem_nicks_didnt_suffer_a_set_back/11766634

Excerpt: "According to Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger, New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks hasnít been ruled out of tonightís game against the Panthers because of any setbacks heís suffered. Heís out because of the short week he wasnít able to rest his foot the way he normally would. With the short week he had trouble running during Wednesday morningís walk through." Read more...

Buddy333
09-20-2012, 03:06 PM
I figured that but it's nice to finally get some conformation.

ny06
09-20-2012, 03:06 PM
This should put some fans nerves at rest, I was expecting this was the reason for him being ruled out tonight.

RoanokeFan
09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
This should put some fans nerves at rest, I was expecting this was the reason for him being ruled out tonight.

The extra rest he'll get before the next game may well see him close to 100%

Fharcyde
09-20-2012, 03:09 PM
That's what I figured. I wonder if it would have been any different had this have been a home game instead. He didn't make the trip at all so they had made up their minds by yesterday afternoon that he was a no-go.

JB456
09-20-2012, 03:11 PM
That was the most likely scenario but I guess I'm snakebitten with all the Giants injuries had over the last few years. Thanks for posting this.

Down-lifer
09-20-2012, 03:21 PM
The extra rest he'll get before the next game may well see him close to 100%Yeah, two weeks will be good rest for his foot.

GiantWarfare
09-20-2012, 03:32 PM
That's very assuring to be honest. Hopefully he'll be near 100% and ready to go for the Eagles game.

repeatchamps
09-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Pretty much figured this was the case but all those saying the rest he will get will get him close to 100% are forgetting that it is not like he will just be sitting around with his feet up until Sunday Night 9/30 at 8:20pm. If Nicks is going to make the kind of impact on the Eagles game that the Giants will need him to he will have to practice at some point to make sure he gets himself 100% ready. When Nicks can go through the week of preparation perfectly without sitting out practice or practice fully without pain is when I will be ready to say he is 100% healthy. He doesn't really have 10 days off because come next week when the Giants pick up what would be their regular practice schedule, Nicks needs to be 100% by then and practice fully without pain or setbacks to make me feel comfortable that he will not have lingering effects against Philly. This is not the Tampa secondary the Giants will be facing in Philly and Nicks needs to be prepared as best as possible for that game and sitting out or being limited in any of the practices the Giants will conduct after the Panthers game is obviously not ideal.

Martin 2
09-20-2012, 03:49 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/hakeem_nicks_didnt_suffer_a_set_back/11766634

Excerpt: "According to Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger, New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks hasn’t been ruled out of tonight’s game against the Panthers because of any setbacks he’s suffered. He’s out because of the short week he wasn’t able to rest his foot the way he normally would. With the short week he had trouble running during Wednesday morning’s walk through." Read more...

let him rest!

miked1958
09-20-2012, 03:52 PM
good. now he will be 100 percent ready for the eagles

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 03:58 PM
good news ... thank you !!!

fansince69
09-20-2012, 04:07 PM
good news ... thank you !!!

This is why we love RF ...hes our informer with the inside information