PDA

View Full Version : I didn't realize Wilson's package would be so small

Harooni
09-20-2012, 05:48 PM
I expected him by week three to share half the load. I guess I got a little ahead of myself looking for TIKI 2.0 , not to say he wont be but right now is a little green.

I think Reese should have tried to replace BJ

jax5338
09-20-2012, 05:49 PM
youre always talking about packages and loads.

...and BJ

redbeardxxv
09-20-2012, 05:50 PM
I expected him by week three to share half the load. I guess I got a little ahead of myself looking for TIKI 2.0 , not to say he wont be but right now is a little green.

Uh, yeah, this post is fraught with homosexual innuendo-

RoanokeFan
09-20-2012, 05:51 PM

Brown interrupted last game

NYG4lifeNYK

...and BJ

Don't be fooled, it's by design lol

slipknottin
bahahaha. Well constructed post Harooni.

I take it you are feeling Bennetts package?

CowboysSuck
09-20-2012, 05:52 PM
alright, we all know you're trying to be clever. ha ... ha

fansince69
09-20-2012, 05:54 PM
are you guys new? all of his threads are just like this

rainierjef
09-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Wilson's package is dependant on what he does with his first touch of the ball. if he gets a good gain of yards or catches the ball then turns up field, i believe the coaches will be confident in opening up other options for him.

GMan-67
09-20-2012, 05:58 PM
not to take this thread too seriously, but remember Tiki had less than 1K yards rushing combined in his first 3 seasons with the Giants ... 44 games played in total, so barely over 20 yards per game average ... naturally he wasn't the starter for most of that time, so a little patience with Wilson, i actually expect him to bust out a little 2nite ... he shouldnt feel as much pressure, since there are more carries to go around

Rudyy
09-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Brb, gonna send this to David Wilson real quick.

Laurah1275
09-20-2012, 05:59 PM
He's a brotha, so I knew by the title that the OP had no clue...:)

Toadofsteel
09-20-2012, 06:10 PM
He's a brotha, so I knew by the title that the OP had no clue...:)

Have you seen Harooni's posts before? Most are like that...

Harooni
09-20-2012, 06:27 PM
My threads are always serious but i mix in some comedy. Im being serious when I say we never really adressed losing Jacobs. yes wilson was a good pick up but that takes time. imo you draft well before you need that position to be filled. good points Gman -67

Jiffy Jeff
09-20-2012, 06:42 PM
I know nothing compares to Tiki's package in your eyes, Harooni.

Morehead State
09-20-2012, 06:51 PM

You just friggin crack me up. I saw the title and I didn't even have to look to see who posted it.

Giantz4Life
09-20-2012, 06:57 PM
You just friggin crack me up. I saw the title and I didn't even have to look to see who posted it.

Haha same. I did actually laugh out loud

Morehead State
09-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Haha same. I did actually laugh out loud
Me too.

NWKEffectElement
09-20-2012, 07:18 PM
LMAO!!! As soon as I saw the title know who it was.

YATittle1962
09-20-2012, 07:25 PM
Don't be fooled, it's by design lol

yeah

if you think rooni really felt like talking about David Wilson then you are misinformed

you need to expect these things from him.......

he is a true message board artist

a real Picasso

dannydufflebags
09-20-2012, 07:33 PM
"That's what she said"

TheEnigma
09-20-2012, 07:37 PM
You have to remember that he is still quite young. As he grows older, we should see an extension in his package. When he reaches his full potential, all the talk in town will be about how he has the most exotic package to pair with Eli's deep balls.

Harooni
09-20-2012, 07:45 PM

http://totalsteelers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/781080904229_Redskins_v_Giants.jpg

Giantz4Life
09-20-2012, 08:00 PM
You have to remember that he is still quite young. As he grows older, we should see an extension in his package. When he reaches his full potential, all the talk in town will be about how he has the most exotic package to pair with Eli's deep balls.

Well played sir

Toadofsteel
09-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Im being serious when I say we never really adressed losing Jacobs. yes wilson was a good pick up but that takes time. imo you draft well before you need that position to be filled.

2 words bro: Andre Brown...

Harooni
09-20-2012, 08:03 PM
2 words bro: Andre Brown... yes yes i realize the guy had one nice half and already is the next OJ simpson, but come on he isnt the real answer

fourth&forever
09-20-2012, 08:09 PM
Please don't talk about any kneel-down plays.
Thank you.

TheEnigma
09-20-2012, 08:10 PM
2 words bro: Andre Brown...

I'm a big Andre Brown fan. He has that kind of bestial power and "never say never" mentality that is needed to relentlessly penetrate the line and tire out the D before the big moment.

TheShouldersOf
09-20-2012, 08:14 PM
I think they should extend his plays, as of now ( i know it's only two games) but i'm including preseason, it looks like they are playing him as a Specialty Back, which defenses shall pick up on rather quick, i understand he needs to gain confidence in pass blocking Etc, though last game he had a nice protection block,

they need to let him grind it out as a Running back, and not give him a toss play, take him out, toss play take him out, outside run, take him out

i think they didn't play him enough in preseason, i know they were working out Brown and Scott, but Wilson needed the Reps, needed to be out on the field with the pass game with Carr,

take it from someone who was/is a running back, you want to prove yourself, so you try to make every play, especially when the bulk of reps as a Kick returner, you want to prove you belong, with limited plays, limited opportunities it digs at you mentally

ny06
09-20-2012, 08:17 PM
yes yes i realize the guy had one nice half and already is the next OJ simpson, but come on he isnt the real answer
Rushing for 5.5 yards a carry in your first significant game in your career is something to be excited about.

dezzzR
09-20-2012, 08:18 PM
yes yes i realize the guy had one nice half and already is the next OJ simpson, but come on he isnt the real answerwhy not? Bradshaw/Brown/Wilson dont seem like a bad combo to me.

jomo
09-20-2012, 08:28 PM
You'll see more tonight I am sure.

Harooni
09-20-2012, 08:31 PM
why not? Bradshaw/Brown/Wilson dont seem like a bad combo to me. Not knocking him or anyone , just felt we need something to replace bj

BigBlue1971
09-20-2012, 08:44 PM

lmao!

RoanokeFan
09-20-2012, 08:45 PM
You'll see more tonight I am sure.

I'm holding you to that, my friend

jomo
09-20-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm holding you to that, my friendAlright, I'm expecting 8-10 touches other than KO returns. There I am on record RF!
Go Blue!!

ELI_Iz_God
09-20-2012, 08:48 PM

why are you staring at Wilson's package?

VegasGmen
09-20-2012, 08:58 PM
SMH here we go again with packages!

BigBlue1971
09-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Alright, I'm expecting 8-10 touches other than KO returns. There I am on record RF!
Go Blue!!

i agree. if he gets 10 touches he played a good game imo! hes needs to break a coupla big ones then gain a little confidence!

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Lmao!!!!

Redeyejedi
09-20-2012, 09:38 PM

I think Reese should have tried to replace BJI knew it was U

Harooni
09-20-2012, 09:48 PM
2 words bro: Andre Brown... damn he looks good, may be eating crow on this one, good call

appodictic
09-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Thats what she said!

NYG216
09-21-2012, 12:20 AM
Scott over Wilson. Wow that fumble really hurt him on the depth chart. It reminds me of the treatment Bradshaw received from coughlin after an early career fumble.

jomo
09-21-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm holding you to that, my friendOh well......................lol. Big night for the Men in Blue. Today was not Wilson's breakout party. At least I sat him on my fantasy team.

Harooni
09-21-2012, 12:22 AM
Scott over Wilson. Wow that fumble really hurt him on the depth chart. It reminds me of the treatment Bradshaw received from coughlin after an early career fumble. yeah its true you can get in TC's dog house fast by fumbling, apparently he doesn't mind if you throw picks though lol.

but i saw wilson running scared not to fumble didnt quite like that, but man Brown shut me up. WOW is all i can say

BlueSanta
09-21-2012, 12:24 AM
TC doing the same thing he does with almost all offensive rookies. He give em a couple designed plays and works them in slowly.

And Harooni, you are BY FAR the best at thread titles.

TheEnigma
09-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Even if things keep up at the current pace (which I don't think will when Wilson emerges next year), he still has a place as our #2 when Bradshaw breaks down even more.

slipknottin
09-21-2012, 12:27 AM
Have to figure not trusting Wilson in pass protection is an even bigger concern than just the fumbling.

Not being able to pass protect means every time he is on the field its going to be either a run or a quick pass/screen where he has little to no responsibility blocking. That keeps him off the field a ton.

CowboysSuck
09-21-2012, 12:32 AM
I'll admit, I was very surprised Scott came in instead of Wilson. Sooo technically, our FIRST ROUND PICK David Wilson is our #4 running back behind B-shaw, Brown AND Scott. Very surprising...

TheShouldersOf
09-21-2012, 01:10 AM
I'm pretty pissed about that

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 02:56 AM
Brown interrupted last game Exactly.. What happened is WIlson got his chance as the 2nd back to bradshaw and instantly soured Coughlins mouth with the fumble and 2YPC, and then the following week he came back with that terrible dropped pass and agian next to nothing in his carries, and he mixed in Brown , and Brown did more, quickly.. Bang, thats all it took.. Tonight didn't help when his only carry he got stopped behind the line.. Hes gonna be better as his career goes on, but probably will always be a backup to a lead guy(possibly brown?).. Which is fine if we picked em in another rd, but RD 1, we could of gotten Cordy Glenn, whos awesome, which i said all along..

Still though, its extremely early and things do change sometimes.. Thats just what i see and how i felt..

BlueSanta
09-21-2012, 03:32 AM
At this point in 2007, his rookie year, Ahmad Bradshaw was behind Rueben Droughns on the depth chart. When Ward and BJ got hurt, it was Rueben who go the start.

This is just TC following his pattern for slowly introducing offensive rookies to the roster. Give him a few design play touches, if he does well expand his role, if he doesnt continue on. He needs to learn protection before he can play a lot for this team.

TheShouldersOf
09-21-2012, 03:47 AM
Indeed, his progression is on both him and his coaches though, how fast he is learning, and how you develop him,

give him 10 carries, see how he produces, with limited carries he gains nothing in experience, and or opportunities,

Brown let Eli get sacked once tonight, had a couple negative, and or even runs, and had some big gains, he also Fumbled once or twice in preseason

not taking away the game he had, he ran hard,

if we are talking about dropped passes take out Cruz the first game, and Bennett the second, i know it's
Toms Way' with rookies, just saying

Captain Chaos
09-21-2012, 06:23 AM

...and BJ

You beat me to the punch, nice.................

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 06:54 AM
i love harooni's posts man.

Love em.

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 07:09 AM
At this point in 2007, his rookie year, Ahmad Bradshaw was behind Rueben Droughns on the depth chart. When Ward and BJ got hurt, it was Rueben who go the start.

This is just TC following his pattern for slowly introducing offensive rookies to the roster. Give him a few design play touches, if he does well expand his role, if he doesnt continue on. He needs to learn protection before he can play a lot for this team. What don't u get that Ahmad Bradshaw was a 7th rd pick and its completely diffrent then a 1st rd pick? WHen do we not play our 1st rd picks early? Especially at positons of supposed need? The bottom line is if he looked good when he was 100pct the backup to bradshaw, he'd of been starting last night, and he'd of had quite a few more touches up to this point.. Hes stunk it up so far, therefore he hasen't got in more.. Again he loses yards on his carry.. Hes got negative yards rushing this yr and hes fumbled and dropped a pass... Andre Brown straight stole his opp.. Way to go BROWN!

Harooni
09-21-2012, 05:54 PM
i love harooni's posts man.

Love em. haha we go way back . some of them just dont get me.

anyway wow was brown impressive and i have to eat crow , did not expect the the oline to come out like that. Wilson yeah I thought he would get more carries but that is TC's way when you fumble as a rookie.

Harooni
09-28-2012, 12:35 PM
I'll admit, I was very surprised Scott came in instead of Wilson. Sooo technically, our FIRST ROUND PICK David Wilson is our #4 running back behind B-shaw, Brown AND Scott. Very surprising... normally i would just poo poo this, but when i saw wilsons eyes and both hands wrapped tightly around the football and got zero yards i couldnt help thinking did that fumble effect his running style now, did it effect his confidence.

krygny
09-28-2012, 12:40 PM
People in this forum are always talking about how some guy is a "stud" or a "beast". I don't know if they're talking about football or a lavish Broadway musical.

dezzzR
09-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Tom has been quoted saying at the beginning of the season that Wilson will start getting more carries by game 6. But now that Andre has turned into a monster, who knows.

TroyArcher
09-28-2012, 03:20 PM
A bit obvious, don't you think?

Harooni
10-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Tom has been quoted saying at the beginning of the season that Wilson will start getting more carries by game 6. But now that Andre has turned into a monster, who knows. well i think Wilsons,s comments about him being a HOF and like birth control didnt do him any favors with Tc. Tc is very old school.

BlueSanta
10-22-2012, 04:40 AM
I think all of our RBs suffered from shrinkage today. .

Captain Chaos
10-22-2012, 05:00 AM
Speaking of small packages Harooni...Does Randle have a small package too?