PDA

View Full Version : Eli isn't an "Athlete"????

Pages : 1 [2]

GameTime
09-24-2012, 03:10 PM
I will stick with Labs
jack russells for me....:)

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Wouldn't that depend on who was pitching?
I'm talking in the purest sense of the act of hitting a baseball itself, and it isn't that hard and most kids don't get lessons from pros, they just know to hit it with instinctual physical movement of swinging the bat. But with golf, you are screwed if you don't get lessons. That right there tells me clearly which sport is tougher to master.

Morehead State
09-24-2012, 03:12 PM
jack russells for me....:)
So we can all agree that we friggin hate Mike Vick...and not just because he plays for the Eagles.

burier
09-24-2012, 03:12 PM
So we can all agree that we friggin hate Mike Vick...and not just because he plays for the Eagles.

Why else should we hate Mike Vick?

Morehead State
09-24-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm talking in the purest sense of the act of hitting a baseball itself, and it isn't that hard and most kids don't get lessons from pros, they just know to hit it with instinctual physical movement of swinging the bat. But with golf, you are screwed if you don't get lessons. That right there tells me clearly which sport is tougher to master.
You are not paying attention. We've gotten off the "sport" thing, which was departure from the "Eli" thing.
Now we're talking about dogs.

Morehead State
09-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Why else should we hate Mike Vick?
The "dog killing" thing.

burier
09-24-2012, 03:17 PM
The "dog killing" thing.

Yikes...I'm pretty sure he did his time for the dog killing thing. Gotta get off his back once he does the time in my opinion.

Morehead State
09-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Yikes...I'm pretty sure he did his time for the dog killing thing. Gotta get off his back once he does the time in my opinion.
You either have the kind of cruelty in your heart to do that or you don't. To me it has nothing to do with paying his debt to society.
He gets no slack from me. (And I'm sure he couldn't give a ****)

fansince69
09-24-2012, 03:20 PM

Sorry his time does not fit the crime.......so...

GameTime
09-24-2012, 03:21 PM
ok mods....time to put this thread out of its misery......;)

Roswell777
09-24-2012, 03:21 PM

You are correct. I also found baseball easy, golf....brutal

burier
09-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Sorry his time does not fit the crime.......so...

How many years do you think he should have gotten?

SuperNYGiants
Absolutely right, it is not related to the difficulty. Football in fact is probably the least skilled of all major sports. Why is it that a basketball player can show up at an NFL camp and make the team as a walk on? Could that happen in soccer or basketball? I'm not talking about athleticism but simply the skill sets. Catching a football versus hitting a 25 foot jumper.........no contest. Now obviously to be an NFL quarterback takes very special skills.....physical and mental.

To your original point, the revenue flows from how interesting the sport is not the difficulty in mastering certain skills.
Football is exclusive in that you need a gifted physique to be even considered, something that is ever harder than mastering a skill set. Would that NFL team give the basketball player a chance if he wasn't athletically gifted? No, they would tell him to crawl back to the streets.

And let's not short-change the big guys in football, just because they are powerful and huge doesn't make them ALL PROS over-night either, there's a lot of technique involved.

Morehead State
Probably what he got.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 03:24 PM
You are correct. I also found baseball easy, golf....brutal

If baseball is so easy...why are you guys on here?anyone that claims baseball is easy didn't play past little league...maybe high school...but if you made it to college level and can still say that ....your a fool if your not playing professionally

fansince69
09-24-2012, 03:26 PM
he should fight to his death many many times like made the dogs do

Morehead State
09-24-2012, 03:27 PM
If baseball is so easy...why are you guys on here?anyone that claims baseball is easy didn't play past little league...maybe high school...but if you made it to college level and can still say that ....your a fool if your not playing professionally
You have about 1/10th of a second to decide whether or not to swing at a pitch, and to figure out if its a fastball or breaking ball and make your adjustments accordingly.
I think thats pretty hard to do.

GameTime
09-24-2012, 03:27 PM
makes 0 sense...
I can hit a baseball off tee just as easily as I can hit a golf ball off a tee.
can you play professional baseball?....I cant. Can you play pro golf?....I cant....
Playing a sport/game at a recreational level is night and day dif than a pro level...
Golf and baseball are two totally dif skill sets. I know quite a few scratch golfers who can hit a baseball for **** and vice versa....

burier
09-24-2012, 03:28 PM
You either have the kind of cruelty in your heart to do that or you don't. To me it has nothing to do with paying his debt to society.
He gets no slack from me. (And I'm sure he couldn't give a ****)

I don't really believe it takes a cruel person to conduct a dogfight. But...

I think if you do something wrong and you get punished for it that should be the end of it. Think about how many ex-cons get turned down for work because "You either deal drugs or you don't" "You Either steal or you don't" "You either carry a gun into a nightclub or you don't"

People make mistakes....If he learned from his then he's cool with me and he apparently has.

He's giving a pretty nice chunk of his salary to the cause....he engaged in activism regarding young athletes and the concequences of their behavior and he hasn't conducted any more dog fights...don't really know what else you can ask the man to do.

Morehead State
09-24-2012, 03:29 PM
he should fight to his death many many times like made the dogs do
Basically I don't care if he "paid his debt to society". I think what he did was disgusting and cruel. He is what he is. To me he's a monster. His "new attitude" is a result of seeing what it did to "his life", and thats it.

fansince69
You have about 1/10th of a second to decide whether or not to swing at a pitch, and to figure out if its a fastball or breaking ball and make your adjustments accordingly.

its a round bat and a round ball and you have to hit it square.....there is a huge difference between hitting a baseball and being able to hit it well

fansince69
Basically I don't care if he "paid his debt to society". I think what he did was disgusting and cruel. He is what he is. To me he's a monster. His "new attitude" is a result of seeing what it did to "his life", and thats it.

agreed

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 03:30 PM
your kidding me right???
trying hitting a 90+ mile hour fast ball or a 88 mile hour curve or splitter....
golf is very difficult to master as well.
ANY SPORT OR COMPETTION IS DIFFICULT TO MASTER ON THE PRO LEVEL........
That's the thing, with golf, there's absolutely no forgiveness as a beginner, you get no slack, no breaks, and no mercy. That is why golf is the toughest to master. Same elements for the beginner that is applied to the pros. The best you can hope for is hit from the ladies tee but that won't make your golf ball go straighter either.

Morehead State
09-24-2012, 03:31 PM
I don't really believe it takes a cruel person to conduct a dogfight. But...

I think if you do something wrong and you get punished for it that should be the end of it. Think about how many ex-cons get turned down for work because "You either deal drugs or you don't" "You Either steal or you don't" "You either carry a gun into a nightclub or you don't"

People make mistakes....If he learned from his then he's cool with me and he apparently has.

He's giving a pretty nice chunk of his salary to the cause....he engaged in activism regarding young athletes and the concequences of their behavior and he hasn't conducted any more dog fights...don't really know what else you can ask the man to do.
Holding a dog under water, while they are thrashing until they die, or taking electric cables and electricuting them, all because they serve no more use as a fighter, is beyond cruel.
Its not a "mistake". A "mistake" is locking your keys in the car.

burier
09-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Holding a dog under water, while they are thrashing until they die, or taking electric cables and electricuting them, all because they serve no more use as a fighter, is beyond cruel.
Its not a "mistake". A "mistake" is locking your keys in the car.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the facts of the case but bankrolling a dogfighting ring is a bit different than physically holding a dog underwater or electricuting a dog.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 03:34 PM
I've lost interest in it, hitting the baseball part is fun, but fielding is a whole another matter, very boring and I didn't care for it. I also didn't like lifting weights either, I just didn't have enough mental patience to chase after something that has very little career stability and success rate.

GameTime
09-24-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure how familiar you are with the facts of the case but bankrolling a dogfighting ring is a bit different than physically holding a dog underwater or electricuting a dog.
I believe the fascilty he was "bankrolling" was doing horrific things to the dogs to either make them meaner or to get rid of the ones that didnt make the cut. If this was part of Vicks "culture" then he knew exactly what was going on.
He paid his debt according to the law and I do believe people can change. Is he changed??? I dont know.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 03:36 PM

so its acceptable to hire a hit man...as long as you don't kill the person

B&RWarrior
09-24-2012, 03:44 PM

I'm sure you've heard Joe Morgan on Sunday Night baseball. If you paid attention to his analysis of a pitcher when he was at the plate you would realize there is a sizable knowledge and skill gap between how a professional baseball player hits ball and how you and I hit a ball. From the way Morgan breaks down the pitchers' motion, knowing the pitcher's repertoire, keeping a mental score card of pitches thrown in that game not only to you but the batters before and after you, down on to your stance, how you hold your hands, grip, etc. Hitting the baseball when truly mastered is every bit as difficult as golf. The best of the best hit 3out of 10 balls on average throughout their career.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 03:46 PM
makes 0 sense...
I can hit a baseball off tee just as easily as I can hit a golf ball off a tee.
can you play professional baseball?....I cant. Can you play pro golf?....I cant....
Playing a sport/game at a recreational level is night and day dif than a pro level...
Golf and baseball are two totally dif skill sets. I know quite a few scratch golfers who can hit a baseball for **** and vice versa....
There's no such thing as a recreational level in golf, the sport is unforgiving even to a beginner. This is why it's tougher to master. Yeah you can claim to play recreational golf, but it all means it that you suck at it.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm sure you've heard Joe Morgan on Sunday Night baseball. If you paid attention to his analysis of a pitcher when he was at the plate you would realize there is a sizable knowledge and skill gap between how a professional baseball player hits ball and how you and I hit a ball. From the way Morgan breaks down the pitchers' motion, knowing the pitcher's repertoire, keeping a mental score card of pitches thrown in that game not only to you but the batters before and after you, down on to your stance, how you hold your hands, grip, etc. Hitting the baseball when truly mastered is every bit as difficult as golf. The best of the best hit 3out of 10 balls on average throughout their career.

The one I could never figure out is the ball sits still in golf and everyone has to be quiet....in baseball its coming 90 and everyone is screaming............hitting a golf ball at my level is far easier than hitting a baseball when I was in college...not even close

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 03:50 PM
its a round bat and a round ball and you have to hit it square.....there is a huge difference between hitting a baseball and being able to hit it well
When you put the baseball on a tee and swing it with a bat, is it harder than hitting a golf ball? No, it's super easy, even dumb kids can do it. When the same principles are applied, hitting a baseball is far easier than hitting a golf ball.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 03:51 PM
When you put the baseball on a tee and swing it with a bat, is it harder than hitting a golf ball? No, it's super easy, even dumb kids can do it. When the same principles are applied, hitting a baseball is far easier than hitting a golf ball.

so with that logic how bout if I throw the golf ball at you?get easier to hit?

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 03:54 PM
You make a good point, but you have to realize that hitting a baseball involves two human elements, while golf only involves one human, and yet golf is as difficult to master than hitting baseball under your assessment, I think that clearly says golf is the most difficult to master.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 03:55 PM
so with that logic how bout if I throw the golf ball at you?get easier to hit?
Would it be easier to hit a thrown baseball, or a thrown golf ball? Hahah, you lose again.

B&RWarrior
09-24-2012, 03:55 PM
There's no such thing as a recreational level in golf, the sport is unforgiving even to a beginner. This is why it's tougher to master. Yeah you can claim to play recreational golf, but it all means it that you suck at it.

there is a recreational level for every sport. Lot's of kids enjoy minature golf or the driver range but will never be pro golfers. Both sports are difficult. Golf is obviously the sport that relies less on athletic ability and on more skill.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Would it be easier to hit a thrown baseball, or a thrown golf ball? Hahah, you lose again.

with that show of mental superiority I give up....but for the record...when they START hitting a thrown golf ball I might concede...but at this moment hitting a moving ball, no matter what size is more difficult than hitting a stationary ball.end of conversation

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:00 PM
there is a recreational level for every sport. Lot's of kids enjoy minature golf or the driver range but will never be pro golfers. Both sports are difficult. Golf is obviously the sport that relies less on athletic ability and on more skill.
Umm I don't think those who play miniature golf are working on their skills, it's just for fun. Driving range is recreational? Since when? If I go there I can hit 300 yards with ease? I don't think so.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:02 PM
with that show of mental superiority I give up....but for the record...when they START hitting a thrown golf ball I might concede...but at this moment hitting a moving ball, no matter what size is more difficult than hitting a stationary ball.end of conversation
Logically speaking, that should make sense, but in reality, not quite so, because a golf swing has less room for error than a free-swinging slugger types who get lucky hits all the time.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Logically speaking, that should make sense, but in reality, not quite so, because a golf swing has less room for error than a free-swinging slugger types who get lucky hits all the time.

Really? huh... I don't recall the last time I swung and missed at a golf ball....funny how often you miss a baseball completely.....but I forgot...you said earlier how well you hit a baseball...so i am sure you never once swung and missed even in little league

fansince69
09-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Really? huh... I don't recall the last time I swung and missed at a golf ball....funny how often you miss a baseball completely.....but I forgot...you said earlier how well you hit a baseball...so i am sure you never once swung and missed even in little league

I get it you think golf is difficult...no arguing that....but there are many many sports experts that will tell you that the skill of hitting a baseball is the single hardest feat in any sport........Oh wait....maybe that's the problem since golf isn't a sport ..maybe they are not including it...

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Yeah hitting a moving ball is tougher than hitting a stationary ball, yet golf is considered the toughest to master, wonder why??????
And I was talking about the restrictions of a golf swing vs. lucky free-swinging sluggers who get a break more often than golf would.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Yeah hitting a moving ball is tougher than hitting a stationary ball, yet golf is considered the toughest to master, wonder why??????
And I was talking about the restrictions of a golf swing vs. lucky free-swinging sluggers who get a break more often than golf would.

Considered by who as the most difficult....I have never heard anyone other than you claim that....I have heard many people(sports experts) say that hitting a baseball is the single hardest feat

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:17 PM
I get it you think golf is difficult...no arguing that....but there are many many sports experts that will tell you that the skill of hitting a baseball is the single hardest feat in any sport........Oh wait....maybe that's the problem since golf isn't a sport ..maybe they are not including it...
Just because you sucked at baseball doesn't mean it's all that, I was good at it hahaha.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Considered by who as the most difficult....I have never heard anyone other than you claim that....I have heard many people(sports experts) say that hitting a baseball is the single hardest feat
Don't you watch those PRO AM events where pro athletes from other sports play? During the interviews they always say hitting a golf ball is the toughest, some of them coming from baseball players, now they may think that because it's probably easier for them as pro baseball players to hit a baseball, but seeing how they play like crap on the golf course, I take their word for it. LOL

fansince69
09-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Just because you sucked at baseball doesn't mean it's all that, I was good at it hahaha.

really? what college did you play for? maybe we played against each other.....maybe just cause you suck at hitting a stationary ball doesn't make it all that hard........I play at or below par every where I play....it's no where near as hard as hitting a baseball AT A COMPETITIVE level

fansince69
09-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Don't you watch those PRO AM events where pro athletes from other sports play? During the interviews they always say hitting a golf ball is the toughest, some of them coming from baseball players, now they may think that because it's probably easier for them as pro baseball players to hit a baseball, but seeing how they play like crap on the golf course, I take their word for it. LOL

nah sorry watching golf is the equivalent of watching paint dry....but it's funny baseball players take up golf when they are too old to play baseball anymore...funny how that works....real tough playing a game that my grandfather played

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:25 PM
really? what college did you play for? maybe we played against each other.....maybe just cause you suck at hitting a stationary ball doesn't make it all that hard........I play at or below par every where I play....it's no where near as hard as hitting a baseball AT A COMPETITIVE level
I was talking in general in respect to golf, I'm very good at it, hitting a baseball is easier though, you don't even need lessons for that.

So you failed in baseball, and you are just barely a scratch player who isn't good enough to make it in the pros, wow, that must suck.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:27 PM
nah sorry watching golf is the equivalent of watching paint dry....but it's funny baseball players take up golf when they are too old to play baseball anymore...funny how that works....real tough playing a game that my grandfather played
I don't think the retired baseball players are making money as pro golfers. Duh.

BeatYale
09-24-2012, 04:29 PM
This ridiculous topic is really on page 30 now? jeez.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 04:30 PM
I don't think the retired baseball players are making money as pro golfers. Duh.

ok I can't debate with someone who doesn't even make sense....you have a great day....i hope you fix your golf game

fansince69
09-24-2012, 04:31 PM
I was talking in general in respect to golf, I'm very good at it, hitting a baseball is easier though, you don't even need lessons for that.

So you failed in baseball, and you are just barely a scratch player who isn't good enough to make it in the pros, wow, that must suck.

I have never had a golf lesson in my life...just not that hard...the ball doesn't move

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:34 PM
ok I can't debate with someone who doesn't even make sense....you have a great day....i hope you fix your golf game
Wait, are you saying every retired pro baseball player can make a living as pro golfers? That's your common sense? Oooooooookkkkkkkkk, what are you smoking sir?

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:35 PM
I have never had a golf lesson in my life...just not that hard...the ball doesn't move
I know you are lying, because even pro golfers get lessons. Or maybe what you think is good is probably not that good. HAHAHA.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Wait, are you saying every retired pro baseball player can make a living as pro golfers? That's your common sense? Oooooooookkkkkkkkk, what are you smoking sir?

do you know how to read better than you play golf?i didn't say they do it professionally...i said they start to play.....hackers like you

fansince69
09-24-2012, 04:38 PM
I know you are lying, because even pro golfers get lessons. Or maybe what you think is good is probably not that good. HAHAHA.

Im happy playing around scratch...I also average 210+ at bowling...never had a lesson there either...guess I am just more talented than you

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:41 PM
do you know how to read better than you play golf?i didn't say they do it professionally...i said they start to play.....hackers like you
I read it alright, so playing golf later in life somehow makes it easier? How? If it's so darn easy, why don't they play as pro and make money also? Do you have any other point than just giving out random, incoherent babble?

fansince69
09-24-2012, 04:41 PM

OK pumpkin...I would love to debate this all night but I have things to do......bye sweetie

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Im happy playing around scratch...I also average 210+ at bowling...never had a lesson there either...guess I am just more talented than you
I know I'm better than you at golf because your lack of respect for the game gives it away, and I don't bowl so I don't care about that, but it must rub you real bad that I'm better than you at baseball and I don't even like the sport, hahahahaha.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 04:45 PM
OK pumpkin...I would love to debate this all night but I have things to do......bye sweetie
There's no debate sunny, I own you. Run along now.

GameTime
09-24-2012, 05:01 PM
and many people suck at baseball.....

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 05:10 PM
and many people suck at baseball.....
In baseball, you don't face pro baseball players in T-ball.
In golf, you face the same elements that pro golfers face, and the golf swing doesn't cater to your skill level.
Honestly I was talented so golf came easy to me, but in general I feel bad for the beginners who have to go through the initial phase of learning the game for it can be very unforgiving.

yoeddy
09-24-2012, 05:15 PM

Maybe you are talking about mini golf?

fansince69
09-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Maybe you are talking about mini golf?

Maybe I am....does it matter?

burier
09-24-2012, 05:18 PM
In baseball, you don't face pro baseball players in T-ball.
In golf, you face the same elements that pro golfers face, and the golf swing doesn't cater to your skill level.
Honestly I was talented so golf came easy to me, but in general I feel bad for the beginners who have to go through the initial phase of learning the game for it can be very unforgiving.

Save your sorrow. I mean it is just Golf we're talking about here. If it wasn't for the ball it would just be walking.

yoeddy
09-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Maybe I am....does it matter?

Not sure...all I know is that I am right up there with the best of the pros on Tiger Woods PGA Golf from EA....am damn good at Madden, too...

fansince69
09-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Not sure...all I know is that I am right up there with the best of the pros on Tiger Woods PGA Golf from EA....am damn good at Madden, too...

Maybe you should talk to Super NY giants....he's the pro at everything

fansince69
09-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Save your sorrow. I mean it is just Golf we're talking about here. If it wasn't for the ball it would just be walking.

lmao one of the best lines i have heard

yoeddy
09-24-2012, 05:23 PM

I will concede my lack of ability at shooting pool...even on the computer, I can't really master putting english on the ball...

yoeddy
09-24-2012, 05:24 PM

You'd also have driving...and if NASCAR is a sport, golf could be the off-road version...

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 05:32 PM
You can make millions if you can master it, give it a try if you think it's not all that sunny.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 05:35 PM
You can have him, I don't play golf video games, I play real video games that usually involves a lot of shooting and explosions.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 05:36 PM
There's no debate sunny, I own you. Run along now.

BTW sunny is a day with no rain....sonny is a young kid....good thing you can golf....because English isn't your strong point

yoeddy
09-24-2012, 05:36 PM
You can have him, I don't play golf video games, I play real video games that usually involves a lot of shooting and explosions.

I don't consider those shooting games to be a sport....

fansince69
09-24-2012, 05:38 PM

REAL VIDEO games? that's is the biggest Oxy moron I have heard.......if you don't know what an oxy moron is....look it up

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 05:40 PM
BTW sunny is a day with no rain....sonny is a young kid....good thing you can golf....because English isn't your strong point
Uh oh, the "I'm so cornered so I better use my language police to save my last drop of being owned card" huh, that's pathetic.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't consider those shooting games to be a sport....
I don't consider any video game to be a sport.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Uh oh, the "I'm so cornered so I better use my language police to save my last drop of being owned card" huh, that's pathetic.

Yeah it really is pathetic

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 05:43 PM
REAL VIDEO games? that's is the biggest Oxy moron I have heard.......if you don't know what an oxy moron is....look it up
I don't have to look it up and you are wrong, because video is not opposite of real. game is also not opposite of real. It would be an oxymoron if it was REAL FANTASY or REAL FICTION. I now own you at every aspect.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 05:48 PM
I don't have to look it up and you are wrong, because video is not opposite of real. game is also not opposite of real. It would be an oxymoron if it was REAL FANTASY or REAL FICTION. I now own you at every aspect.

I'm impressed... you know oxy moron but do not know the difference between sunny and sonny.....if thinking you own me....what ever that means( I have no idea the meaning in this context)....gets you through the night.....I am very happy for you

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Mayock is one of the best in the business. I dont think he meant it as an insult. I think he was saying Eli is a pocket passer, which he is. Eli is not a scrambling QB, or a running QB.Then he should have stated that fact of Eli being a GREAT pocket passer. Not the crap he slung out his man pleaser.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah it really is pathetic
So go change your shameful ID already, nobody takes you seriously here anymore LOL.

burier
09-24-2012, 05:50 PM
You can make millions if you can master it, give it a try if you think it's not all that sunny.

Honestly I barely have the attention span to get through 18 at my local mystic golfing place so I'm gonna pass on trying to master the real thing.

I do know a bunch of guys who play and I know for a fact I have more athletics in my pinky then they have in their bodies combined so....Though I definately respect the degree of difficulty and the skill golf takes...I'd rather throw routes to my son to fill my weekend warrior needs.

PS: I just saw Happy Gilmore which is the true story of an ameture hockey player who becomes pro golfer and wins an open in the matter months.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm impressed... you know oxy moron but do not know the difference between sunny and sonny.....if thinking you own me....what ever that means( I have no idea the meaning in this context)....gets you through the night.....I am very happy for you
I don't think my use of sunny is any worse than your wrong use of oxy"space"moron, it's one word sir. LOL

yoeddy
09-24-2012, 05:59 PM
I don't consider any video game to be a sport.

Even with a Kinect or Move controller?

fansince69
09-24-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't think my use of sunny is any worse than your wrong use of oxy"space"moron, it's one word sir. LOL

I was trying to make the word as simple as possible for your limited vocabulary.....you should thank me....btw I am done with this conversation because we are both treading dangerously on breaking site rules here...so I wish you a good evening and hope your golf GAME is everything you claim it to be

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Honestly I barely have the attention span to get through 18 at my local mystic golfing place so I'm gonna pass on trying to master the real thing.

I do know a bunch of guys who play and I know for a fact I have more athletics in my pinky then they have in their bodies combined so....Though I definately respect the degree of difficulty and the skill golf takes...I'd rather throw routes to my son to fill my weekend warrior needs.

PS: I just saw Happy Gilmore which is the true story of an ameture hockey player who becomes pro golfer and wins an open in the matter months.
Athletic ability is not the most required aspect in golf as it's a more technical sport. So saying that you are more athletic than those who play golf doesn't say a whole lot, unless you can go out there and beat them in a round of golf.

Many pro golfers have played other sports as amateurs, it only says that physical ability and having a talent in golf has some connection. If golf is that easy to master, then there should be more than one example of your hockey player story, but there isn't many. So it's probably more of an isolated case than the norm.

And I probably can identify with the hockey player, because while golf is a difficult game to learn, for those very few, it comes very naturally. But needing lessons still holds true though.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Even with a Kinect or Move controller?
Is moving a Kinect or Move controller identified as a sport of any sort? Does it have a name? Would swinging a steel pipe like a Kinect then be considered a sport because the motion is basically the same?

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 06:08 PM
I was trying to make the word as simple as possible for your limited vocabulary.....you should thank me....btw I am done with this conversation because we are both treading dangerously on breaking site rules here...so I wish you a good evening and hope your golf GAME is everything you claim it to be
That's just a pathetic cop-out, you still used oxy"space"moron after you knew that I knew what it meant. Just admit your mistake like a big boy. And if forum rules scare you, stop trolling, very easy.

jomo
09-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Football is exclusive in that you need a gifted physique to be even considered, something that is ever harder than mastering a skill set. Would that NFL team give the basketball player a chance if he wasn't athletically gifted? No, they would tell him to crawl back to the streets.

And let's not short-change the big guys in football, just because they are powerful and huge doesn't make them ALL PROS over-night either, there's a lot of technique involved.We're talking about different things, I believe. An NFL player needs rare size and strength for the most part. The skills needed to play football however aren't that rare or difficult to master. Of course there is technique involved in every sport but with soccer as a for instance, if you aren't playing at a youth level year round, you'll never get to an elite level. Same is true with basketball, golf, wrestling etc. Except for quarterbacks,it is a sport that you could start late in high school and play catch up on the skills. It is not a knock in any way on the football player just a statement about the difficulty of the skill needed to play various sports. Football, my favorite sport is just not as tough to master as many others.

fansince69
09-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Before I start or enter debates...I really need to keep Roanoke fan's signature in mind....those words are gold

burier
09-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Athletic ability is not the most required aspect in golf as it's a more technical sport. So saying that you are more athletic than those who play golf doesn't say a whole lot, unless you can go out there and beat them in a round of golf.

Many pro golfers have played other sports as amateurs, it only says that physical ability and having a talent in golf has some connection. If golf is that easy to master, then there should be more than one example of your hockey player story, but there isn't many. So it's probably more of an isolated case than the norm.

And I probably can identify with the hockey player, because while golf is a difficult game to learn, for those very few, it comes very naturally. But needing lessons still holds true though.

The bit about the Hockey the player was a joke.

And my point about athletic ability is golf is clearly a skill game that doesn't require many athletic tools which brings us back the definition of sport discussion.

I'm sure those guys I mentioned can beat me at golf but...they probably could beat me at dominos too...or Gin Rummy or chess.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 06:23 PM
The bit about the Hockey the player was a joke.

And my point about athletic ability is golf is clearly a skill game that doesn't require many athletic tools which brings us back the definition of sport discussion.

I'm sure those guys I mentioned can beat me at golf but...they probably could beat me at dominos too...or Gin Rummy or chess.
If it was 20 years ago, I may agree with you that you don't have to be in top physical shape to be a pro golfer, but it's not the case today, they all work out like gym rats now, and if you are built like Craig Stadler, you won't win many pro events.

yoeddy
09-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Is moving a Kinect or Move controller identified as a sport of any sort? Does it have a name? Would swinging a steel pipe like a Kinect then be considered a sport because the motion is basically the same?

Um...you don't swing the Kinect...it's a camera that figures out what you are doing (eg. running in place, swinging a golf club, etc)...

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Why are we arguing about golf compared to Football? Are we really this bored when we win to have threads turn into this? Wow. Let me put my 2 cents in for fun. A pro golfer can never ever be a pro football player, yet a pro football player could become a pro golfer.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Why are we arguing about golf compared to Football? Are we really this bored when we win to have threads turn into this? Wow. Let me put my 2 cents in for fun. A pro golfer can never ever be a pro football player, yet a pro football player could become a pro golfer.
Do you have factual evidence to support this claim?

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Um...you don't swing the Kinect...it's a camera that figures out what you are doing (eg. running in place, swinging a golf club, etc)...
You haven't answered my question.

G-MENBK
09-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Do you have factual evidence to support this claim?

Honestly, do you think someone like Phil Mickelson would make it in the NFL?

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Honestly, do you think someone like Phil Mickelson would make it in the NFL?
I don't know, I don't judge people by their cover. I'm pretty sure there are better candidates to make a case than Phil though. How about Tiger?

G-MENBK
09-24-2012, 07:10 PM
I don't know, I don't judge people by their cover. I'm pretty sure there are better candidates to make a case than Phil though. How about Tiger?

Only if he possesses speed, but being 37, I doubt he has that.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Only if he possesses speed, but being 37, I doubt he has that.
Why would anybody try playing in NFL at 37 without prior experience, if you want to make your argument stick, the real-time age requirement shouldn't matter. Tiger has been in the pro circuit since 18 or 19. I think he has plenty enough physique to play safety since he has temper issues.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Do you have factual evidence to support this claim?Hell, I tried to google it but google just laughed at me.

jomo
09-24-2012, 07:18 PM
To paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld, this is an argument about nothing lol

G-MENBK
09-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Why would anybody try playing in NFL at 37 without prior experience, if you want to make your argument stick, the real-time age requirement shouldn't matter. Tiger has been in the pro circuit since 18 or 19. I think he has plenty enough physique to play safety since he has temper issues.

Guy, you're trying to compare players in a sport where the only thing needed is being to able to determine what piece of iron you need to hit the ball and how to swing that iron. At what point do you look at a golfer and say "hey, this guy would make it in the NFL?" What tangent have you seen in a golfer that has allowed you to deduce that a golfer - at any point in his career - would have some semblance of success in the NFL?

I could understand Rugby, even maybe hockey, but golf?!

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Hell, I tried to google it but google just laughed at me.
While you are stuck in your fantasy scenario, I have seen Tony Romo play golf, and not that I'm being complimentary about Romo's throwing motion but it has a smooth flow and he is very athletic, so I was laughing my butt off when I saw his ridiculously crooked and unnatural golf swing as if it was taught by a hunchback. He ain't going anywhere far with that golf swing of his. Stick to your profession Romo, Giants kicking his butt is more enjoyable anyway.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Guy, you're trying to compare players in a sport where the only thing needed is being to able to determine what piece of iron you need to hit the ball and how to swing that iron. At what point do you look at a golfer and say "hey, this guy would make it in the NFL?" What tangent have you seen in a golfer that has allowed you to deduce that a golfer - at any point in his career - would have some semblance of success in the NFL?

I could understand Rugby, even maybe hockey, but golf?!
What makes you think pro golfers will suck in any other sport? I do not understand this prejudice. Do you think pro golfers are all skinny and tiny? You should hit the pro event and see how some of them are totally in top shape and over 6 ft tall.

Oh so you think only athletes from violent sports can make to NFL? That's totally baseless and it's not even in the realm of physical element. Do you even know that Lawrence Tynes first sport was soccer?

I don't doubt that NFL players have the physique to hit the golf ball hard, but you have to realize that the majority of strokes take up in short game and putting, which do not require any physical superiority but more on technique and skill which will take several years to master if you are lucky, so I would think that it's much harder for NFL player to become a pro golfer than vice versa. For a pro golfer, you only need to build your physique in 6 months and you are good to go.

G-MENBK
09-24-2012, 07:39 PM
What makes you think pro golfers will suck in any other sport?

Guy, I'm asking you first: what have you noticed from a golfer that has allowed to determine that a golfer would have success in the NFL? Is it similar to people saying bowlers would be a great fit in the NFL because some of them are heavy set, have wide asses and - as a result - could make up a great OL?

'Cause if it is, then you continue this little debate with yourself.

Morehead State
09-24-2012, 07:44 PM
I'll PM my handicap card if you PM me yours.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Guy, I'm asking you first: what have you noticed from a golfer that has allowed to determine that a golfer would have success in the NFL? Is it similar to people saying bowlers would be a great fit in the NFL because some of them are heavy set, have wide asses and - as a result - could make up a great OL?

'Cause if it is, then you continue this little debate with yourself.
I don't look at golfers as potential NFL players as much as I don't look at NFL players as potential Masters Tournament winner. What's your point?

fansince69
09-24-2012, 07:48 PM
I'll PM my handicap card if you PM me yours.

check your pm and let me know what you think

G-MENBK
09-24-2012, 07:57 PM
I don't look at golfers as potential NFL players as much as I don't look at NFL players as potential Masters Tournament winner. What's your point?

Except, I didn't make a claim or even hinted that an NFL player will have immediate or whatever success playing golf.

SuperNYGiants
09-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Except, I didn't make a claim or even hinted that an NFL player will have immediate or whatever success playing golf.
I didn't claim that any pro golfer can be successful in NFL, all I said was why even make such a generalization about pro golfers? Why are you basing it strictly on their looks?

Does Eli Manning look like a menacing football player to you if he was in street clothes and being a goofy dork like he could be and you didn't know anything about him? You'd be rolling on the lawn laughing saying that it'd be a joke for Eli Manning to be a NFL player.

Like I said, I don't judge people by their cover unlike you.