PDA

View Full Version : Webster Broken Hand

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 01:00 AM
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Corey Webster said he broke his hand. Played through it and expects to play through it moving forward.

GiantWarfare
09-21-2012, 01:00 AM
Unbelievable when it comes to our DBs....

DJloves
09-21-2012, 01:01 AM
Good God.

Eliscruzzz
09-21-2012, 01:02 AM
he's a true warrior don't know why people are bashing him tonight he wasn't perfect but the D held them to 7

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Why don't we just start Hosley and Prince, and leave Webster in the Nickel? If he wants to play through the pain, at least cut him a little slack on the field... I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I just want to give him the best chance to heal up quickly without aggravating the hand.

repeatchamps
09-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Corey Webster said he broke his hand. Played through it and expects to play through it moving forward.

That's all I needed to hear. All In? Yeah I think so.

BigBlue1971
09-21-2012, 01:04 AM
yea our dbs are taking a real beating....last year and again this year! im happy Webby can play with his hand wrapped properly!

Jppallday
09-21-2012, 01:06 AM
I am also sick of reading these message boards and seeing Webster is awful and Webster keeps getting burned and all of this stuff. Corey Webster is a great cornerback in the NFL and the best one we have so shut it about him. Not to mention he is a warrior and a team player. I don't want to read anymore Webster threads unless its trying to campaign him for the Pro Bowl which he should have been in by now

Redeyejedi
Probably wont see many picks from Webster tackling wont be easy either. Even Press coverage will be difficult

giantsfan420
he got flagged on 2 complete BS penalties. ref was awful today

G.I. Ants
09-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Fewell might move Boley to CB the way he's picking off passes this year. No big deal with the broken hand though, he'll be alright.

flimflam
09-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Unbelievable when it comes to our DBs....

Indeed. I am sick of the Giants DB curse. However, a broken hand is pretty freaking good news. He can still play and it should heal pretty quickly. IF there is an injury for a CB, I will pick a broken hand 99.9% of the time.

G.I. Ants
09-21-2012, 01:08 AM
he got flagged on 2 complete BS penalties. ref was awful todaythose were the correct calls, the unnecessary roughness penalty on Prince was BS.

rainierjef
09-21-2012, 01:09 AM
Did they say what type of break it is?

krygny
Probably wont see many picks from Webster tackling wont be easy either. Even Press coverage will be difficult
Tape it up and use it like a hammer.

rainierjef
those were the correct calls, the unnecessary roughness penalty on Prince was BS.

good to see him get physical though, maybe the princess comments can stop now.

Redeyejedi
he got flagged on 2 complete BS penalties. ref was awful todayThe first 1 was for sure Interference the 2nd 1 was 50/50 but at least it was illegal contact . Both penalties looked unnecessary

Imgrate
09-21-2012, 02:55 AM
The first 1 was for sure Interference the 2nd 1 was 50/50 but at least it was illegal contact . Both penalties looked unnecessary Ramses got jammed ten yards into his route Atleast 3 times from what I sawat the game. None were called.

Captain Chaos
09-21-2012, 06:26 AM
Can we catch a break.......

rainierjef
09-21-2012, 06:35 AM
and there still is molden we can sign who is scratching his nuts on his couch at home and can use at least a veteran salary and probably will take it if we need him, hes better then some other scrub, he was pretty good with new england

You sir... are no scout
http://gickr.com/results3/anim_d7f3efe6-5c74-fca4-9956-0b57ac7ea21d.gif (http://gickr.com)

miked1958
09-21-2012, 07:19 AM
That's all I needed to hear. All In? Yeah I think so.And we still await the results to Rolle's X-ray.

GMan-67
09-21-2012, 07:34 AM
gutsy job webby playing thru it ... that suks i heard he went off for an x-ray, but figured it had to be negative for him to come back in ... the hits just keep on coming

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 08:24 AM
Ramses got jammed ten yards into his route Atleast 3 times from what I sawat the game. None were called.Illegal contact is such a wishy washy call in the NFL . I saw illegal hands to the face on the Panthers LT numerous times last night that werent called.On that JPP /Boley sack he had his hand in helmet

bigjeep
09-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Why don't we just start Hosley and Prince, and leave Webster in the Nickel? If he wants to play through the pain, at least cut him a little slack on the field... I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I just want to give him the best chance to heal up quickly without aggravating the hand.

"Ramses Barden is a terrible excuse for a wideout. He hasn't learned the system, and in all likelyhood he never will. Best to just cut him and keep Stanback."
-Me, August 17th, 2012

We all make mistakes!

bigblue58
09-21-2012, 08:39 AM
The way he's been burned so far this season, you'd think it was his foot that was broken! Sorry if I sound like a heartless jerk, but the fact remains, that Webster hasn't been playing good, consistent, Webster-esque football thus far.
Not trying to be harsh, it's just a fact.

jakegibbs
09-21-2012, 08:45 AM

Not so fast. Nicks expected to play through his foot injury too. I'm afraid the Giant med staff has the final say on this. Could be out for at least 6 weeks.

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 09:00 AM

It's like the new corporal punishment ... play DB for the Giants. :(

wuzpapn
09-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Just have to go through one more game and we'll get Sash back, too!

ozzie0075
09-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Not so fast. Nicks expected to play through his foot injury too. I'm afraid the Giant med staff has the final say on this. Could be out for at least 6 weeks.

Completely different situation. I played in both high school and college and have played with a broken hand many times as have other guys I have played with.

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Completely different situation. I played in both high school and college and have played with a broken hand many times as have other guys I have played with.

Yeah depends the break and how bad the swelling is yada yada yada.

You can definitely play with a broken hand though (DD did it all last season).

Cool Papa B.
09-21-2012, 09:22 AM
I think Webster's playing time will depend on his pain threshold. It's up to him. Deihl last year played most of the season with a broken finger. Snee played with a busted elbow. It can be done.

GMan-67
09-21-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah depends the break and how bad the swelling is yada yada yada.

You can definitely play with a broken hand though (DD did it all last season).

well he's gonna play, but unlike Diehl, Webby has to tackle ... and if you cant grab a guy, it's tough to tackle esp. now that players know that Corey has to tackle a certain way ... we saw him make a nice low shoulder tackle later in the game, but that player did not know his hand was broken ... guys will hurdle him, spin off him ... it's going to be a challenge ... hopefully it heals quickly

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 10:10 AM
well he's gonna play, but unlike Diehl, Webby has to tackle ... and if you cant grab a guy, it's tough to tackle esp. now that players know that Corey has to tackle a certain way ... we saw him make a nice low shoulder tackle later in the game, but that player did not know his hand was broken ... guys will hurdle him, spin off him ... it's going to be a challenge ... hopefully it heals quickly Lots of drawbacks being unable to tackle , probably wont be able to catch the ball, How is press coverage going to feel jamming a receiver. This is a big deal. It wont heal with him playing either