PDA

View Full Version : Martellus Bennet

rainierjef
09-21-2012, 12:07 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g153/rainierjef/BLACKUNI_zps09f01144.jpg

Didn't like that he stopped running that route. If he would of kept with it, I think he makes a leaping grab. The holding call, was not on him just great acting by the D-Lineman; other than that solid game. not completely sold but I'll start cooking it if he continues this consistently.

I am a man of my word.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 12:08 AM
so he doesnt need to become this completely different person with a whole new work ethic bc he's so lazy?

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 12:09 AM
wonder how cowboy nation feels seeing bennett light it up for a td 3 str8 weeks while being excellent with blocking...he's completely outperforming wiitten...they didnt want to let him go (JJ IIRC)
their loss, our HUGE gain

Giantz4Life
09-21-2012, 12:10 AM
wonder how cowboy nation feels seeing bennett light it up for a td 3 str8 weeks while being excellent with blocking...he's completely outperforming wiitten...they didnt want to let him go (JJ IIRC)
their loss, our HUGE gain

Kept thinking about that tonight... To the victor goes the spoil

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Bennett is a prime example as to why the Giants are a superior organization to the Cowboys. Romo, Ware, and Murray have propped them up for a long time.

rainierjef
09-21-2012, 12:13 AM
so he doesnt need to become this completely different person with a whole new work ethic bc he's so lazy?

No! he needs to become that completely different player, more hungry, more focused, consistent. His work ethic needs to be different than what was displayed in Dallas; if he continues he shuts me up, but i am happy for it. like I said I will wait till the end of the season for my judgement on him, i just want consistency throughout the season.

GFiP
09-21-2012, 12:15 AM
He will d***le at times,'and he will make boneheaded mistakes. He's also a good blocker. He is what he is.

FBomb
09-21-2012, 12:16 AM
It's all about the organization.

repeatchamps
09-21-2012, 12:22 AM
He will d***le at times,'and he will make boneheaded mistakes. He's also a good blocker. He is what he is.

The mistakes will lesson as he gets more comfortable with Eli and the offense as well as the blocking schemes. There's no limit to what he will be able to contribute to this team in a very productive way.

FlyingTruck
09-21-2012, 12:24 AM
He's caught a TD in each of his games as a Giant so far..and I could see him catching a couple more straight. That's good enough for me.

lawrenceS59
09-21-2012, 12:26 AM
No! he needs to become that completely different player, more hungry, more focused, consistent. His work ethic needs to be different than what was displayed in Dallas; if he continues he shuts me up, but i am happy for it. like I said I will wait till the end of the season for my judgement on him, i just want consistency throughout the season.

Success should make you hungry for more success. 3 straight games with a score should make him want to score every game. He's doing a pretty good job.

TheEnigma
09-21-2012, 12:32 AM
At this rate, he's going to be a standout TE in this league. Still think a huge part of it has to do with the fact he's playing for a large contract for the 2013 season but I'll take it nonetheless.

ny06
09-21-2012, 12:33 AM
At this rate, he's going to be a standout TE in this league. Still think a huge part of it has to do with the fact he's playing for a large contract for the 2013 season but I'll take it nonetheless.
Also helps playing with Eli Manning

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 12:34 AM

Part of it was he was buried behind Witten all those years, in a system that doesn't value blockers as much as we do...

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 12:34 AM
he is playing at a high level imho. how sweet would it be if he became a perennial all pro with us while dallas/witten wind down

mike kennedy
09-21-2012, 12:35 AM
We need a few more seconds of this dance because Ramses Barden ( i think it was him) does a funny stance after it.

Toadofsteel
We need a few more seconds of this dance because Ramses Barden ( i think it was him) does a funny stance after it.

Blame the Gif thread, that's where I got it from. Also that's Cruz on the left...

giantsfan420
romo has to be wondering wtf he was doing not getting him the ball more. bennett had a higher completion per attempt % than virtually every TE even Witten when he was with Dallas. they just never bothered to utilize him properly and u can understand that bc they had witten. i knew he was a gem and wanted him here going back to last yr.

JayMillah
09-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Every time Romo threw Bennett the ball he dropped it. I knew once Bennett left and could actually start fighting for a number 1 spot he would succeed. He knew that with his time in Dallas, there's no way he'd take the spot from Witten, so why bother?

ny06
09-21-2012, 12:55 AM
Every time Romo threw Bennett the ball he dropped it. I knew once Bennett left and could actually start fighting for a number 1 spot he would succeed. He knew that with his time in Dallas, there's no way he'd take the spot from Witten, so why bother?
Majority of you Cowboy fans mocked this free agent pickup. And claimed he would add nothing to our team.

NYGFaninILL
09-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Kept thinking about that tonight... To the victor goes the spoil I think they're fine with Ogletree...

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 12:57 AM
jay millah u r wrong. he actually had a better catch per attempt % than witten

Ny_STAT1989
09-21-2012, 12:59 AM
Dallas fans sulking over Bennett on their MB

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/3175-marty-b-cheap-shottedentire-oline-goes-to-protect-him/

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/3171-so-obviously-it-wasnt-marty-b-it-was-the-cowboys/

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 12:59 AM

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/3175-marty-b-cheap-shottedentire-oline-goes-to-protect-him/

http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/3171-so-obviously-it-wasnt-marty-b-it-was-the-cowboys/

Thanks! <beer mug>

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 01:01 AM
lmfao thanks

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 01:02 AM
im IP banned bc of the whole "i created giggles and a month long uproar over there" thing, copy n paste stuff for me

JayMillah
09-21-2012, 01:04 AM
jay millah u r wrong. he actually had a better catch per attempt % than witten

Can you show me this stat? That's like saying QB1 had a higher completion % than QB2, but QB1 had 10 pass attempts vs QB2's 40. Also, can you post a legible sentence for a change?

Most were sulking because they were pissed he was drafted so early. Most of us knew once he got on a team where he would be capable of competing for the #1 his lights would turn on.

JayMillah
09-21-2012, 01:05 AM

The first topic has nothing to do about MB. It has to do with the team in general and how your team has the balls to actually help their teammates.

Ny_STAT1989
09-21-2012, 01:08 AM
true but I thought I'd add it anyway because their where some good points made in their

thomsoad
09-21-2012, 01:09 AM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g153/rainierjef/BLACKUNI_zps09f01144.jpg

Didn't like that he stopped running that route. If he would of kept with it, I think he makes a leaping grab.

I am a man of my word.

If you watch that play he slowed his route not becuz he quit on it but becuz the free safety was totally in his way. He had no choice but to slow down his route or he wulda just run into the Panthers player.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 01:10 AM
J Millah- its been posted many times. dont care if u believe it or not, its the truth.

and dont be so bitter, commenting on "complete sentences"...

Ok, how is this? Does this ease the pain you assuredly feel knowing Bennett has top 3 TE talent, and you guys will not reap its benefits because he's a Giant now? I know, I know; Witten is about done and Bennett is completely outplaying him. That has to sting. It also has to sting knowing that people can now use the argument, "Eli must be a much better QB than Romo because look at how awesome Bennett is all of a sudden" because it is a legitimate claim. I just hope that my writing in complete sentences has eased the crushing blow to your sport soul. Take care now. WOOO

Rusty192
09-21-2012, 01:16 AM
im IP banned bc of the whole "i created giggles and a month long uproar over there" thing, copy n paste stuff for meFor giantsfan420:

"...Tom Coughlin and Eli are making Marty look good,while we still trying make this a Romo Friendly offense..."

"...People are surprised byt this? lol Garrett just hasn't been very good at getting young players involved or evaluating talent. No ones saying replace Witten, but he could've been used as another "option" in the passing game. Especially in the red zone where they stunk up the field. They simply didn't bother. The Giants played without their #1 WR and really spread the ball around. Coaching is night and day and that's why they have rings and this team can't get out of their own way.
Posted Image..."

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 01:17 AM
thnx rusty

JayMillah
09-21-2012, 01:20 AM
J Millah- its been posted many times. dont care if u believe it or not, its the truth.

and dont be so bitter, commenting on "complete sentences"...

Ok, how is this? Does this ease the pain you assuredly feel knowing Bennett has top 3 TE talent, and you guys will not reap its benefits because he's a Giant now? I know, I know; Witten is about done and Bennett is completely outplaying him. That has to sting. It also has to sting knowing that people can now use the argument, "Eli must be a much better QB than Romo because look at how awesome Bennett is all of a sudden" because it is a legitimate claim. I just hope that my writing in complete sentences has eased the crushing blow to your sport soul. Take care now. WOOO

I still want to see this. Like I said. Witten had probably ~400 targets in Marty B's time in Dallas. MB probably had ~150ish. Can't compare.

As for top 3 talent? Not so sure. Top ~8? Definitely. Also, MB right now has 1 more game under his belt, and that 1 game is still 3/16. Talk to me when the season is over. Witten also isn't 100% healthy.

JayMillah
09-21-2012, 01:21 AM
For giantsfan420:

"...Tom Coughlin and Eli are making Marty look good,while we still trying make this a Romo Friendly offense..."

"...People are surprised byt this? lol Garrett just hasn't been very good at getting young players involved or evaluating talent. No ones saying replace Witten, but he could've been used as another "option" in the passing game. Especially in the red zone where they stunk up the field. They simply didn't bother. The Giants played without their #1 WR and really spread the ball around. Coaching is night and day and that's why they have rings and this team can't get out of their own way.
Posted Image..."
This is what pisses me off so much about Garrett. The man can't build a system for his players to save his life.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 01:25 AM
unless witten juices hard, he aint never gonna be as fast, as strong, explosive, wont be able to jump as high as bennett. thats just fact. witten works hard. does well with his chances. great career that is ending.
bennetts is just starting, and he certainly looks like the much better TE compared side by side to witten so far this yr

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 01:25 AM
WTF was dallas thinking letting the calvin johnson of TE's get away...esp one that blocks like a lineman

JayMillah
09-21-2012, 01:28 AM
WTF was dallas thinking letting the calvin johnson of TE's get away...esp one that blocks like a lineman
Gronk plays for the Patriots bro

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 01:29 AM
lol i know i was extreme i was using hyperbole. but physically and athletically, i'd say it could be argued MB is the CJ of TE's...who else is as physical a freak with his athleticism? again, how did u guys let him go...TO US NO LESS LMFAO!

JayMillah
09-21-2012, 01:32 AM
lol i know i was extreme i was using hyperbole. but physically and athletically, i'd say it could be argued MB is the CJ of TE's...who else is as physical a freak with his athleticism? again, how did u guys let him go...TO US NO LESS LMFAO!
Gronk
Graham
Davis
Gonzalez
Gates
Hernandez

Ny_STAT1989
09-21-2012, 01:34 AM
really ''the calvin johnson of TE's''....? more like the Jerry Rice of TE's

TheBookOfEli
09-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Gronk
Graham
Davis
Gonzalez
Gates
Hernandez

Most of those guys couldn't even block a pee wee football player.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 01:35 AM
i didnt think those TE's aside from grahm n davis n hernadez had his speed...it was hyperbole i know but still it is a claim that can at least be argued

Eliscruzzz
09-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Every time Romo threw Bennett the ball he dropped it. I knew once Bennett left and could actually start fighting for a number 1 spot he would succeed. He knew that with his time in Dallas, there's no way he'd take the spot from Witten, so why bother?That is a flat LIE my friend in youtube at New york Giants central they have all of Bennett's catches and drops and there were only 2 or maybe even one.

pj18
09-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Black Unicorn baby what a pickup so far. He had no chance being Witten's security blanket but given a chance he can clearly make plays. Is he just a classic Giants tight end like the past 6 years or will he make enough noise to stay? Gotta like his chances.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 01:42 AM
he's earning a big time contract that we may not be able to afford unfortunately...

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 01:43 AM
i guarantee if teams could bid on him right now as a FA hed get a MONSTER contract based on what he's done here for just 3 games...the potental he has is amazing and not even close to being met yet imho thats the scary thing

JayMillah
09-21-2012, 01:44 AM
That is a flat LIE my friend in youtube at New york Giants central they have all of Bennett's catches and drops and there were only 2 or maybe even one.
Wait, what? He had COUNTLESS drops in his time in Dal.

rainierjef
09-21-2012, 01:46 AM
If you watch that play he slowed his route not becuz he quit on it but becuz the free safety was totally in his way. He had no choice but to slow down his route or he wulda just run into the Panthers player.

I disagree on that. I was always thought run the route as designed, because if the QB is anticipating the placement, he will throw it to where the route is favorable for a completion. If not favorable you're either in position to either make a play on it in traffic or at least knock it away from defenders. Him slowing down could of lead to an Eli interception, thank god it did not.

Eli was upset, signalling to him keep running the route.

Eliscruzzz
09-21-2012, 02:00 AM
Wait, what? He had COUNTLESS drops in his time in Dal.I will find it for you..... one second

Eliscruzzz
09-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Wait, what? He had COUNTLESS drops in his time in Dal.your lucky bro they took down the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N66NQgcbSsw&lc=q_Fr80C5aGEbSd_1nZssJ47PjdeGh46OYahy6BUeWe4&feature=inbox

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 02:09 AM
i know for 100% fact he had a better completion per attempt % than almost every TE in the league, even Witten.

GiantWarfare
09-21-2012, 02:12 AM
Marty B's looking mighty impressive...

Eliscruzzz
09-21-2012, 02:18 AM
Marty B's looking mighty impressive...Hell yeah he is.... this just proves that Romo plays favorites and this is why Eli is abetter qb because he spreads the ball around and when something doesn't go right he'll come right back to you. It's actually truly funny that Dallas let him go. Marty B is also one of the main reason why the run game is going so well with his ability to block combined with Brown's straight forward be patient and follow your blockers ability to run.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 02:48 AM
each of his td's were tremendous plays.

BlueSanta
09-21-2012, 04:01 AM
lets talk today, the here and now.

So far in 2012, even if you subtract the extra game we played tonight, Marty B has caught more passes for more yardage per pass than Witten.

Captain Chaos
09-21-2012, 05:10 AM
He really is a huge weapon, when he is singled up...look out. The more games they play the better in sync he and Eli will be.

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 06:14 AM
i love the improved blocking compared to the last couple starting TEs we've had.

The receptions are just bonuses in my books.

Contributing to bringing our run game back to life is almost enough from our TE at this point in time.

drewz
09-21-2012, 07:00 AM
Other than Martellus Bennett giving up on the route, he played a great game.. hopefully this game keeps his head on straight, because he can easily get 1000yds/10tds this year

miked1958
09-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Bennett is a prime example as to why the Giants are a superior organization to the Cowboys. Romo, Ware, and Murray have propped them up for a long time.Yep we take guys like Bennett and brown off the scrape heap and make them stars

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 07:05 AM
He might go for a 1000 yards this season. I know there is a belief that the Giants dont like to throw to the TE but thats not the case. If a TE is good enough to get open he will get the ball. Dallas fans must seriously be asking WTF right now

Tbonenc
09-21-2012, 07:53 AM
I think he is the be TE we have had in a while, but I am not sold yet. Let's get through half the season before we ave a hcoronation for the guy.

Mod_C
09-21-2012, 08:06 AM
He's caught a TD in each of his games as a Giant so far..and I could see him catching a couple more straight. That's good enough for me. I'm glad he's here and doing well.

RoanokeFan
09-21-2012, 08:11 AM
He might go for a 1000 yards this season. I know there is a belief that the Giants dont like to throw to the TE but thats not the case. If a TE is good enough to get open he will get the ball. Dallas fans must seriously be asking WTF right now +1

NorwoodBlue
09-21-2012, 08:18 AM
If Bennett continues to produce the way he has so far, we'll be watching him with somebody else next season. We simply won't be able to afford him unless he realizes that a huge part of his success is playing with Eli in this system. Eli simply makes receivers these days, he can get the ball to almost anyone. To have three different 100 yd receivers in five days is insane. I don't think Bennett was that far from 100 last night either. It would be great if Bennett picked up his concentration a little bit, he'd be a superstar in this league.

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 08:20 AM
He might go for a 1000 yards this season. I know there is a belief that the Giants dont like to throw to the TE but thats not the case. If a TE is good enough to get open he will get the ball. Dallas fans must seriously be asking WTF right now

When Witten is your primary TE I don't think you really lose sleep over losing another good TE.

But hey, their loss, our gain :D

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 08:20 AM
The only thing if he has motivation issues how do we know he wont shut it down after getting a big deal

thomsoad
09-21-2012, 08:54 AM
I disagree on that. I was always thought run the route as designed, because if the QB is anticipating the placement, he will throw it to where the route is favorable for a completion. If not favorable you're either in position to either make a play on it in traffic or at least knock it away from defenders. Him slowing down could of lead to an Eli interception, thank god it did not.

Eli was upset, signalling to him keep running the route.

As I said...watch the play again and you will see Bennett had no hopes of running the route the way Eli wanted him to run it. Look at the free safety...he is right in the way.

GameTime
09-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Great way to start the season for Bennet so far. Lets see it happen week in and week out.....

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 09:12 AM
The only thing if he has motivation issues how do we know he wont shut it down after getting a big deal

I think the Giants won't let him get away with that for long (the players and coaches).

Osi finally showed up this year after all :D

JayMillah
09-21-2012, 09:13 AM
I love how it's 3 games in and you all think Bennett is the best TE in the league. Ha.

Flip Empty
09-21-2012, 09:23 AM
I love how it's 3 games in and you all think Bennett is the best TE in the league. Ha. Stats-wise, he's up there. He's averaging 70 yards and a TD per game. Those are Gronk and Graham numbers.

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 09:27 AM
I love how it's 3 games in and you all think Bennett is the best TE in the league. Ha.Yeah because Giant fans posted that. Warped reading comprehension

Moke
09-21-2012, 09:29 AM
I love how it's 3 games in and you all think Bennett is the best TE in the league. Ha.

Troll or not, I'm easily satisfied with his performance. If you can tell me one reason why he's screwing this team's performance, let me know.

We don't need the best TE in the game to be successful, shown time and time again.

I rather put that money in Gronkowski into defense and a running-back. (ahem, patriots)

rainierjef
09-21-2012, 01:06 PM
As I said...watch the play again and you will see Bennett had no hopes of running the route the way Eli wanted him to run it. Look at the free safety...he is right in the way.

I understand what you are saying, what i am saying is if he kept running his route he keeps his self in front of the safety then its a jump ball in which, I believe Bennett wins that match up, the corner in front of Bennett jumped on the ball but was out of reach on it. Then its just Bennett an the safety. Bennett wins that math up. Regardless of what if's and should of's, keep running the route that's football 101 my friend.

RoanokeFan
09-21-2012, 01:36 PM
I understand what you are saying, what i am saying is if he kept running his route he keeps his self in front of the safety then its a jump ball in which, I believe Bennett wins that match up, the corner in front of Bennett jumped on the ball but was out of reach on it. Then its just Bennett an the safety. Bennett wins that math up. Regardless of what if's and should of's, keep running the route that's football 101 my friend.

I think Bennett has learned that lesson and I expect more big games from him.

moosedrool
09-21-2012, 01:41 PM
I think Bennett can get 1200 yards and 12 TD's this season. Teams are doubling Nicks and Cruz on many snaps so Bennett will get his targets every week.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 01:42 PM
yup. id bet he leads all TE's in a bunch of categories by seasons end

RoanokeFan
09-21-2012, 01:43 PM
I think Bennett can get 1200 yards and 12 TD's this season. Teams are doubling Nicks and Cruz on many snaps so Bennett will get his targets every week.

Numbers could be a little high, but the potential is sure there

JayMillah
09-21-2012, 01:55 PM
No doubt am I surprised he's doing so well, I knew he could. He's a great pickup for you guys when he puts his mind to it, which he is. But some of the things you guys are saying (Gronk, Graham, Megatron of TEs) is a joke right now. Give it ~13 games first.

scoostraw
09-21-2012, 04:05 PM
The Giants upgraded the TE position without question. If there's anything that bothers me about him, it's his tendency to pull up or quit on plays rather than put himself out there. Examples are him short-arming rather than making a diving catch in week one. And last night him quitting on the route.

IMO they will need to coach the heck out of him to get him go all out on every play.

Eli TO Shockey
09-21-2012, 04:09 PM
anyone else see bennett get chewed out be Eli when he ran the wrong route? Who said eli isn't a leader!

thomsoad
09-21-2012, 04:34 PM

The jump ball is a valid point and makes sense except for one caveat.
The spot where Eli threw the ball was about (gestimation here) 10-15 feet further from where Bennett woulda bumped into the safety. I just didnt see how Bennett was going to realistically be where Eli wanted him to be.

I could be wrong...i only saw the play twice (first real time then Instant Replay). But that sure is what it looked like to me.

tabascocat
09-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Nice win last night, I was hoping for a Carolina blowout :)

Anyways, I bet yas get a kick out of this topic meltdown http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallascowboys.php?t=243638

miked1958
09-21-2012, 05:07 PM
so he doesnt need to become this completely different person with a whole new work ethic bc he's so lazy?Looks like Dallas made a big mistake letting him go. Just wish we locked him up longer then a yr just in case he had a breakout season. Now we may lose him to FA

Giants5699
09-21-2012, 05:11 PM
I think I want to get a custom Bennett jersey, but the back reads "Black Unicorn"... I freaking love that nickname lmao.

BigBlue1971
09-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Looks like Dallas made a big mistake letting him go. Just wish we locked him up longer then a yr just in case he had a breakout season. Now we may lose him to FA

i think JR will get him a 3-4 year contract before the season is over.

he is a beast so far and thats what we need!

JesseJames
09-21-2012, 05:28 PM
It's all about the organization.agreed, players either thrive in a system or they die in it and right now it looks like Bennett is thriving in ours....

Eliscruzzz
09-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I understand what you are saying, what i am saying is if he kept running his route he keeps his self in front of the safety then its a jump ball in which, I believe Bennett wins that match up, the corner in front of Bennett jumped on the ball but was out of reach on it. Then its just Bennett an the safety. Bennett wins that math up. Regardless of what if's and should of's, keep running the route that's football 101 my friend. I have to agree with this even if he doesn't win his match up and the defender was trying to make a play on the ball you have to become the defender then and stop the int. no matter what but he'll learn np.

Flip Empty
09-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Looks like Dallas made a big mistake letting him go.
Nah, they have one of the best in Jason Witten. No mistake. It'd have been pointless to sink more money into Bennett.