PDA

View Full Version : Does Bradshaw take notice?

22for25
09-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Our run game woke up tonight, does Bradshaw take notice? Not slamming him just saying... I hope it did.

ny06
09-21-2012, 12:13 AM
I bet he's happy for Brown. Just like Bradshaw, a player under the radar gets his chance with injuries at the position.

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Brown, Bradshaw, and Wilson will be Earth Wind and Fire 2.0...

22for25
09-21-2012, 12:53 AM
I hope so. This Eli with that running game... Hard to stop.

BigBlueCrew22
09-21-2012, 01:48 AM
1. brown (bulk of shared carries) 2. bradshaw (lost a step its obvious) 3. wilson (still a rookie, he will end up being great at one point. just not yet, i will be patient with this kid, and darell scott obviously 4, he actually has a couple tackles on special teams, scott his a good football player just not an AWESOME back. he wont see that much unless somebody gets hurt, knock on wood, brown has eearned a spot he actually reminds me of a bigger faster dereck ward cuz he can catch like ward. hes actually a better receiver then him, and hes a better blocker the guy is a football player he is ur basic good running back!

BigBlueCrew22
09-21-2012, 01:49 AM
Our run game woke up tonight, does Bradshaw take notice? Not slamming him just saying... I hope it did.

yea dont slam him, but i will say brown is better, i have said it all week i said it his second carry against tampa, after he ran for 15 yards. bradshaw hasnt done that for years hes not that goood anymore man and he cant hold the ball.

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 07:30 AM
I have my doubts Bradshaw is a Giant next season. Slip said his cap hit is 6.25 million. Giants drafted a 1st round RB and now Brown looks like a solid number 2 at the least. Giants could save a bunch of money having cheap replacements on the roster

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 07:33 AM
I have my doubts Bradshaw is a Giant next season. Slip said his cap hit is 6.25 million. Giants drafted a 1st round RB and now Brown looks like a solid number 2 at the least. Giants could save a bunch of money having cheap replacements on the roster Not to mentin, the more success u have finding late rd and UDF players that are good, u start wondering about paying injury prone players like Bradshaw.. In theory its a risk with Bradshaw going forward anyways with his ankles and what not, so why not take ur chances with Brown, Wilson, and possibly scott? Maybe bring in anotehr mid to late rder.

SweetZombieJesus
09-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Brown, Bradshaw, and Wilson will be Earth Wind and Fire 2.0...

Past, present, and future

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 07:47 AM
Not to mentin, the more success u have finding late rd and UDF players that are good, u start wondering about paying injury prone players like Bradshaw.. In theory its a risk with Bradshaw going forward anyways with his ankles and what not, so why not take ur chances with Brown, Wilson, and possibly scott? Maybe bring in another mid to late rder.Giants need to shed room for Beatty and Phillips. I think a bunch of vets could get cut this offseason.Time to turn this team over to the younger guys to lead. Im really worried how the Giants are going to keep all these guys.We dont have the cap room to resign are key young players right now. JPP, Joesph, Phillips ,Nicks Cruz these guys are going to get big money

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Not to mentin, the more success u have finding late rd and UDF players that are good, u start wondering about paying injury prone players like Bradshaw.. In theory its a risk with Bradshaw going forward anyways with his ankles and what not, so why not take ur chances with Brown, Wilson, and possibly scott? Maybe bring in anotehr mid to late rder.By the way u couldnt of just stopped posting last night I got like 3:30 hours of sleep.

Ruttiger711
09-21-2012, 07:55 AM
So many people holding the exit door WIDE open for 44 already.

It IS possible to talk someone up without having knock someone down.

Buddy333
09-21-2012, 08:02 AM
Bradshaw is also one of the best blocking RB's in the NFL. He will get plenty of playing time.

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 08:02 AM
I have my doubts Bradshaw is a Giant next season. Slip said his cap hit is 6.25 million. Giants drafted a 1st round RB and now Brown looks like a solid number 2 at the least. Giants could save a bunch of money having cheap replacements on the roster

^---- this.

NorwoodBlue
09-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Brown should help Bradshaw by taking some of the load off him. If Brown and this line continue to keep the running game going it should wear down some of these defenses, thus letting Bradshaw, and eventually Wilson, be more effective.

It's nice to finally see someone hit the holes like Brown does and get his yardage north and south. And he's come close to breaking some of those runs between the tackles too. The Giants have depended on slow developing plays outside the tackles, and misdirection for far too long. The shortest path to the end zone is right up the middle of the field. We haven't had a guy run this way in a long time. It must really feel good for the O-line to be able to block straight up and have a guy hit those seams while they're still open.

I noticed Scott last night seemed to have caught the fever too, he was trying to run hard, north and south; but didn't get quite as good blocking with some reserves in the game. If one guy has success doing this I think it will be contagious and the rest of the backs will try to emulate that style. There's nothing like seeing your running back behind the LBs before they even knew what hit 'em.

gumby74
09-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Giants need to shed room for Beatty and Phillips. I think a bunch of vets could get cut this offseason.Time to turn this team over to the younger guys to lead. Im really worried how the Giants are going to keep all these guys.We dont have the cap room to resign are key young players right now. JPP, Joesph, Phillips ,Nicks Cruz these guys are going to get big money

I think we have Boley, Tuck, and Webster the year after or same year also. But imo, there's no way we can resign JPP, Joseph, Philips, Nicks and Cruz at once. Barry Cofield got 8 million a year. Gibril Wilson got 5 million a year. Philips is definitely going to get more then Wilson got. It might even be a stretch to pay both Nicks and Cruz. We're already above or close to the cap.

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 09:34 AM
So many people holding the exit door WIDE open for 44 already.

It IS possible to talk someone up without having knock someone down.Not knocking him down im Being realistic, Id like to keep him but His Cap number is 6.25 million . With or without Brown i dont know how they can pay that. They might ask him to take a pay cut.

TroyArcher
09-21-2012, 10:14 AM
Bradshaw has guts and gives it all he has. He just has not been able to get healthy the past few years. He is the type of guy you want on your team. It is a long season and you need 2-3 backs minimum that can run the ball to make it through the year. Bradshaw will be back and he will contribute.

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 11:28 AM
By the way u couldnt of just stopped posting last night I got like 3:30 hours of sleep. lol.. I feel ya.. I was only over here for a lunch break from work(i live across the street from my work), and i ended up being here for way to long!!!!lol

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Giants need to shed room for Beatty and Phillips. I think a bunch of vets could get cut this offseason.Time to turn this team over to the younger guys to lead. Im really worried how the Giants are going to keep all these guys.We dont have the cap room to resign are key young players right now. JPP, Joesph, Phillips ,Nicks Cruz these guys are going to get big money Oh, were definetly losing a bunch of guys.. Thats what happens when u have so many talented players.. We said by to O'hara and Seubert and Mario and Ross, and i'm sure we'll do the same with some other guys.. I'd start with Rolle.. Hes been solid, but makes to much coin.. I think we can draft a player that can fill the void, because its such a deep Saftey class.. Kenny Vaccaro would be awesome choice..

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Oh, were definetly losing a bunch of guys.. Thats what happens when u have so many talented players.. We said by to O'hara and Seubert and Mario and Ross, and i'm sure we'll do the same with some other guys.. I'd start with Rolle.. Hes been solid, but makes to much coin.. I think we can draft a player that can fill the void, because its such a deep Saftey class.. Kenny Vaccaro would be awesome choice..\

Not to mention Stevie and Hill looked beastly last night as well...

BlueReign
09-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Eli will restructure or take a cut ot help Cruz and Nicks

BlueReign
09-21-2012, 11:38 AM
JPP seems to have the attitude to take the team for all its worth though.

jcp
09-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Brown should help Bradshaw by taking some of the load off him. If Brown and this line continue to keep the running game going it should wear down some of these defenses, thus letting Bradshaw, and eventually Wilson, be more effective.

It's nice to finally see someone hit the holes like Brown does and get his yardage north and south. And he's come close to breaking some of those runs between the tackles too. The Giants have depended on slow developing plays outside the tackles, and misdirection for far too long. The shortest path to the end zone is right up the middle of the field. We haven't had a guy run this way in a long time. It must really feel good for the O-line to be able to block straight up and have a guy hit those seams while they're still open.

I noticed Scott last night seemed to have caught the fever too, he was trying to run hard, north and south; but didn't get quite as good blocking with some reserves in the game. If one guy has success doing this I think it will be contagious and the rest of the backs will try to emulate that style. There's nothing like seeing your running back behind the LBs before they even knew what hit 'em.

And when JPP comes calling for his money, give it to him...far and away their best defensive player.

GameTime
09-21-2012, 12:26 PM
I think Bradshaw is a true team player and while he is very competitve if its is time to take a step back I think he will graciously and will continue to tach the younger guys.

B&RWarrior
09-21-2012, 12:32 PM
I think Bradshaw is a true team player and while he is very competitve if its is time to take a step back I think he will graciously and will continue to tach the younger guys.

AB is our best back. The line didn't create holes for AB. Brown will struggle as well if the line struggles. IMO it's the run blocking and not the runner that should get most of the credit for the rebirth of our running game.

EliDaMANning
09-21-2012, 12:38 PM
It's a shame Bradshaw didn't get a chance to play with DD out. I'm sure his numbers would hav improved as well. But he will certainly get his opportunities in the future. At least we know he doesn't have to carry the load anymore.

Eli TO Shockey
09-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Here are the big money guys next year:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/yearly/

Bradshaw 3.75Mil
David Deihl 4.1Mil
Rolle 7mil

Diehl and Rolle's combined 11mil can be enough to spread out to Nicks and Cruz for the long term. Just sayin...:cool:

GameTime
09-21-2012, 01:02 PM
AB is our best back. The line didn't create holes for AB. Brown will struggle as well if the line struggles. IMO it's the run blocking and not the runner that should get most of the credit for the rebirth of our running game.
yeah that is part of it but did you see the shakes that Brown gave the D. he had some moves and he is def faster than AB at this point. I love AB and all I want is what is best for the Giants.

ryan12
09-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Past, present, and future

perfect

joemorrisforprez
09-21-2012, 01:18 PM

We'll find out shortly. I trust Coughlin's judgment on whomever starts.

But clearly, something is working right now with Brown. Something wasn't working.....for a long time......with Bradshaw.

I think part of it is improved line play.....but I also think part of it is Andre Brown being a very good fit for the running plays that are being drawn up. A few times, Brown has made something out of nothing simply by sticking with the play. I can't even count how many times Bradshaw has bailed in similar circumstances.

I also realize 2 games doesn't create a career, and the fan favorite is always the backup that comes in off the bench and has a great game.

Like I said, I'm sure the coaching staff will sort out playing time when Bradshaw is ready to return.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 01:39 PM
i see brown being solid even if the OL isnt playing too well. he has the kind of style where as long as u can keep the penetration while he's getting the handoff from happening, he will fall forward for 4 yds. how many x last night did he pick up 3 or 4 when there wasnt really a hole and he just lowered the shoulder and leaned forward for 3-4? we were virtually always ahead of the down and distance bc we werent having the constant 2 yd loss every new set of downs for eli to overcome. which made the pass game so much more lethal...my goodness i am so stoked to see it come together...

22for25
09-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Brown=down hill runner.

appodictic
09-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Lol you guys are sooooo funny... In the pre-season its was wilson this wilson that. Now we beat the BUCKS and the PANTHERS and you are ready to crown andre brown. And barden abuses a rookie corner back and your ready to crown him. I wish you guys played in my fantasy league, cause at this point you would like to trade andre brown and barden for ray rice and megatron.

Like dont get me wrong I am happy for them, but these are tooo bbbbbaaaad teams. Eli got mauled by the coyboys dline,,,, but this game not even hit once. Doesnt that tell you something? hint (weak dline)

BigBlue1971
09-21-2012, 10:03 PM

i dont know if AB will take notice in ah "its my position and im the starter" type attitude. i think he'll be supportive of Andre.

AB is a great team player and imo would welcome a 2-3 running back by committee game plan. actually its in his best interest at this point of his career.

rebelfan1966
09-21-2012, 10:58 PM
I would like to think that they will motivate each other to play better.... similar to Bradshaw and Jacobs.

Parademon
09-21-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't care who the feature back is, as long as when they are called to carry the rock, they get postive yds & if we can avg rushing for over 130+ a game the rest of the yr, & with our passing attack & our D getting healthy, we will win many a game with a great chance to repeat!

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 11:57 PM
bradshaw better have noticed how brown was pressing holes, being patient yet explosive. how he didnt hurry but was still urgent...dont see how he coulda missed it either, he had to have watched very very closely. he was prob a bit pissed the OL "doesnt give him those holes"

NYKiller
09-22-2012, 01:37 AM
WRONG! Does Coughlin take notice. Believe me Bradshaw will be on that speed healing medication because he has already seen what Brown is doing. So what can brown do for you?. I just want to say that.

Captain Chaos
09-22-2012, 06:58 AM
I think he may wake up to the possibility of another big year, of course he has taken notice. Could we have two 1000 yd rushers this season, don't know but it would be nice!

BurnerNYG
09-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Lol you guys are sooooo funny... In the pre-season its was wilson this wilson that. Now we beat the BUCKS and the PANTHERS and you are ready to crown andre brown. And barden abuses a rookie corner back and your ready to crown him. I wish you guys played in my fantasy league, cause at this point you would like to trade andre brown and barden for ray rice and megatron.

Like dont get me wrong I am happy for them, but these are tooo bbbbbaaaad teams. Eli got mauled by the coyboys dline,,,, but this game not even hit once. Doesnt that tell you something? hint (weak dline)I don't think the Bucs are as bad as you claim they are. Why don't you let a few more weeks play out 1st.

juice33s
09-22-2012, 09:52 AM
I think Brown's emergence can only make Bradshaw more effective. He no longer has to carry the load and in turn can give everything he's got in the reduced snaps he'll have to see. It will keep fresher through out the season.

Having said that, I think Brown play makes him deserving of the majority of the carries...Perhaps start at 60/40 and go from there.

Wilson might be reduced to a bit of a redshirt season...not a big deal since he's only 21, it might be good to have a full year to get stronger and more knowledgeable of the playbook