PDA

View Full Version : What past QB does Eli remind you the most of?

joemorrisforprez
09-21-2012, 01:05 AM
In my opinion, it's Dan Fouts. Like Dan, Eli isn't going to scare anyone with his scrambling.

But Fouts was like watching a chess player....the guy was able to figure out what the defense was trying to do, and attacked it's weakness. And when the big play was there, he took that too.

Unlike Eli, Dan never had a defense, and usually didn't have much of a running game either....which is why he never won a Super Bowl.

But like Eli, with the game on the line, I couldn't think of a QB I'd rather have than Dan Fouts back in the day.

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 01:06 AM
In my opinion, it's Dan Fouts. Like Dan, Eli isn't going to scare anyone with his scrambling.

But Fouts was like watching a chess player....the guy was able to figure out what the defense was trying to do, and attacked it's weakness. And when the big play was there, he took that too.

Eli is basically a clone of his brother. Had Peyton grown up in a Giants-like system, the similarities would be even more obvious...

Bing Crosby
09-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Johnny Unitas. Just because I say so. :-P

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 01:09 AM
Johnny Unitas. Just because I say so. :-P

He's better than Unitas... or at least more clutch than him...

TheBookOfEli
09-21-2012, 01:11 AM
I always thought he was a less mobile version of Elway.

BigBlueCrew22
09-21-2012, 01:13 AM
ummm thats obvious his brother when he was good, peyton is not good he ruined his own legacy coming back he has no arm strength eli will be better in the end with 4 maybe 5 rings !! :cool:

Bing Crosby
09-21-2012, 01:14 AM

Well it's hard saying when your going that far back honestly. I mean what if Unitas was raised in the modern age how better or worse would he be? How good would Eli have been if he was born in 1933? But let's not spend to much time in the land of IF I was just talking.

Of the modern age I'd agree that he is very similar to his brother now.

BROADWAYSTORM
09-21-2012, 01:14 AM
Eli reminds me of Chris Weinke.

joemorrisforprez
09-21-2012, 01:17 AM

I never watched Unitas....but my did was a huge Giants fan, and a huge Unitas fan, and he ranked Unitas higher than Joe Montana.....so I can't go there.

ashleymarie
09-21-2012, 02:04 AM
Eli reminds me mostly of Archie Manning when Archie was at Ole Miss. Sometimes he reminds me of Craig Morton, except I don't think Eli takes a leak on the side of the highway and gets arrested for it.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 02:05 AM
i dunno i think eli reminds me of eli, and that down the line, he will be the measuring stick kinda like brady is today