PDA

View Full Version : Things from the Carolina game that weren't highlighted

Shockeyitus
09-21-2012, 08:33 AM
1. Nice Job Prince!! He showed some fire when he starting mixing it up with one of the Carolina receivers. I know he was flagged for it, but it proves that the kid has some swag and some toughness.

2. David Wilson..worried? I know he is a rookie and I know he needs to take some time to learn the offense. However, it seems like he ready to start piddling in his pants when he takes the hand off. Also, I think he needs to be more aggressive on the kickoff returns. He had one last night, in which he caught the ball on the goal line and made a straight line dart and was met by two Carolina defenders.

3. DT. Superb job at holding your ground and not allowing the Carolina running (mostly Newton) to get loose and slash us for yards. Austin got a bunch of reps and played great. Bernard has been a really nice bright spot for us and Linval Joseph is becoming one of the best DT's in the NFL.

4. Special Teams Coverage. I thought these guys did a great job on coverage.

WEG313
09-21-2012, 08:42 AM
1. Nice Job Prince!! He showed some fire when he starting mixing it up with one of the Carolina receivers. I know he was flagged for it, but it proves that the kid has some swag and some toughness.

2. David Wilson..worried? I know he is a rookie and I know he needs to take some time to learn the offense. However, it seems like he ready to start piddling in his pants when he takes the hand off. Also, I think he needs to be more aggressive on the kickoff returns. He had one last night, in which he caught the ball on the goal line and made a straight line dart and was met by two Carolina defenders.

3. DT. Superb job at holding your ground and not allowing the Carolina running (mostly Newton) to get loose and slash us for yards. Austin got a bunch of reps and played great. Bernard has been a really nice bright spot for us and Linval Joseph is becoming one of the best DT's in the NFL.

4. Special Teams Coverage. I thought these guys did a great job on coverage.

The DL is still not getting the consistent pressure on the QB one would expect, but they have done a superb job the first 3 games against the run, and both the Cowboys and Panthers are elite running teams. Save for his one sack, Osi is still pretty much MIA so far this season, and unlike Tuck and JPP, is sub-par against the run. Consequently, I notice that on first downs and 2nd/3rd and short, we're going more and more with 2 DTs (with Osi out).

I don't want to jinx them, but special team kick/punt coverage so far this season has been the best I've seen of a Giants team in a long, long time.

miked1958
09-21-2012, 08:49 AM
The DL is still not getting the consistent pressure on the QB one would expect, but they have done a superb job the first 3 games against the run, and both the Cowboys and Panthers are elite running teams. Save for his one sack, Osi is still pretty much MIA so far this season, and unlike Tuck and JPP, is sub-par against the run. Consequently, I notice that on first downs and 2nd/3rd and short, we're going more and more with 2 DTs (with Osi out).

I don't want to jinx them, but special team kick/punt coverage so far this season has been the best I've seen of a Giants team in a long, long time.I think the lack of holding calls by the reject refs has alot to do with our pass rush not getting to the other teams qbs. I mean our guys are getting out and out mugged on every snap

timmytimm3
09-21-2012, 09:00 AM
I think the lack of holding calls by the reject refs has alot to do with our pass rush not getting to the other teams qbs. I mean our guys are getting out and out mugged on every snap

That was such a blatant hold on Tuck on an inside stunt dead center with very little traffic. He had an open lane.

WEG313
09-21-2012, 09:05 AM
The was such a blatant hold on Tuck on an inside stunt dead center with very little traffic. He had an open lane.

Yet they somehow called a hold on Bennett on a petty infraction at best (and one could argue it was no hold at all).

RoanokeFan
09-21-2012, 09:07 AM
1. Nice Job Prince!! He showed some fire when he starting mixing it up with one of the Carolina receivers. I know he was flagged for it, but it proves that the kid has some swag and some toughness. 2. David Wilson..worried? I know he is a rookie and I know he needs to take some time to learn the offense. However, it seems like he ready to start piddling in his pants when he takes the hand off. Also, I think he needs to be more aggressive on the kickoff returns. He had one last night, in which he caught the ball on the goal line and made a straight line dart and was met by two Carolina defenders. 3. DT. Superb job at holding your ground and not allowing the Carolina running (mostly Newton) to get loose and slash us for yards. Austin got a bunch of reps and played great. Bernard has been a really nice bright spot for us and Linval Joseph is becoming one of the best DT's in the NFL. 4. Special Teams Coverage. I thought these guys did a great job on coverage.

This was about as good game as I can remember in all phases of the game

OX1
09-21-2012, 09:09 AM
Yet they somehow called a hold on Bennett on a petty infraction at best (and one could argue it was no hold at all).

Totally pissed we could possibly get a holding call in any way considering the non calls all game.
Either call them or don't, but make up their minds........................

NYKiller
09-21-2012, 09:14 AM
I really enjoy this kind of stuff after the Giants win LOL.

http://tunein.com/radio/stations/North-Carolina-Tar-Heels-Radio-Stations-a37719/