PDA

View Full Version : ReFo: Giants @ Panthers

TheEnigma
09-21-2012, 10:43 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/21/refo-giants-panthers-week-3/

Will Beatty finishes with the highest grade of the entire team. What stood out was his dominant run blocking considering everyone harps on him for his lack of toughness.

Even though Tuck had his best game of the season, he still isn't generating enough pressure for the amount of snaps he has. Maybe the rust is slowly coming off?

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 10:46 AM
love these thanks. i have always believed beatty could be a top level LT. Him playing to his ability could raise this OL level of play 10fold.

njg85m
09-21-2012, 10:50 AM
The fact that Cam Newton had no one to throw to most plays and STILL wasn't able to gain any rushing yards gives me a great feeling about this defense.

And yes, Beatty played like an absolute beast last night.

drewz
09-21-2012, 10:53 AM
"The Giants depth chart at offensive tackle has long puzzled us at Pro Football Focus. Well, with David Diehl absent through injury the Giants were last night forced to shuffle the pack. In his absence Sean Locklear (+1.3), and in particular William Beatty (+5.4) put forth the perfect example of why they should be the Giants’ starting tackles for the rest of the season"

I've NEVER seen any of the Giant's Tackles graded that high, wow!

But next week is gonna be the big test.. We're gonna see just how good the offensive line is against Filthy

TheEnigma
09-21-2012, 10:54 AM
love these thanks. i have always believed beatty could be a top level LT. Him playing to his ability could raise this OL level of play 10fold.

We're gonna need him to play this good in the Eagles game against Trent Cole. Our offense can be so much better if we don't need to leave in a RB constantly to help pass protect.

TheEnigma
09-21-2012, 10:56 AM
The fact that Cam Newton had no one to throw to most plays and STILL wasn't able to gain any rushing yards gives me a great feeling about this defense.

And yes, Beatty played like an absolute beast last night.

The defensive showing was truly amazing. I mean, the offense did great but the Panthers are known for hemorrhaging a ton of yards and points on defense. If the defense can play like this against the Eagles, we should easily hold them under 20.

njg85m
09-21-2012, 11:27 AM
The defensive showing was truly amazing. I mean, the offense did great but the Panthers are known for hemorrhaging a ton of yards and points on defense. If the defense can play like this against the Eagles, we should easily hold them under 20.

Assuming that the D puts up an identical showing against the Eagles, I think Vick does even less than Cam did last night. Cam's bigger, faster, stronger, and more accurate than The Dog Killer is, and probably has slightly better targets. Vick has him beat on the long ball, but that's about it.

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 11:30 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/21/refo-giants-panthers-week-3/

Will Beatty finishes with the highest grade of the entire team. What stood out was his dominant run blocking considering everyone harps on him for his lack of toughness.

Even though Tuck had his best game of the season, he still isn't generating enough pressure for the amount of snaps he has. Maybe the rust is slowly coming off?

Best game I've ever seen Beatty play.

Too bad he won't be facing that soft a defensive line the rest of the way :(

RoanokeFan
09-21-2012, 12:31 PM
We're gonna need him to play this good in the Eagles game against Trent Cole. Our offense can be so much better if we don't need to leave in a RB constantly to help pass protect. I don't understand all the surprise with Beatty. He was the LT when they went sackless for five straight record setting gamea.