PDA

View Full Version : So obviously it wasn't Marty B, it was the Cowboys (Cowboys Forum)

titwio
09-21-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh this brings a smile to my face:

Maybe not in his prime but the way wittens been looking this year Id take marty B over him.

he leads all NFL TEs right now with 15 receptions and is second in yardage. his 3 TDs tie him for the lead with vernon davis. Id say we let another good player slip thru the cracks.

Bennett has the physical tools, he young.. and we got nothing from him. Another wasted pick.

Link: http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/3171-so-obviously-it-wasnt-marty-b-it-was-the-cowboys/

Moke
09-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Love it. Thought he was a bum?

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 11:07 AM
I drink Cowboy tears like a fine wine :)

Even if they are more plentiful than a warm can of Bud ;)

GMan-67
09-21-2012, 11:08 AM
that is sweet ! ... Witten and Romo are very, very close ... maybe MB was a threat to their special relationship

BlueJayC
09-21-2012, 11:10 AM
That is awesome......and he's playing great.....I'm just not a fan of his demeanor.....especially when Eli was trying to talk to him about continuing his route on the sideline........don't walk away from a 2 Time SB MVP like that......wish Eli was the type of guy to say "Hey Mutha&^%&er get your ***** over here when I'm talkin to you!!!!"

RoanokeFan
09-21-2012, 11:18 AM
That is awesome......and he's playing great.....I'm just not a fan of his demeanor.....especially when Eli was trying to talk to him about continuing his route on the sideline........don't walk away from a 2 Time SB MVP like that......wish Eli was the type of guy to say "Hey Mutha&^%&er get your ***** over here when I'm talkin to you!!!!" Seriously? You think he wasn't listening? He knows he messed up.

ReiRiza
09-21-2012, 11:27 AM
http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Postgame-TE-Martellus-Bennett/fb94c9e0-ea6f-4929-830f-4e2f53ab31c2

repeatchamps
09-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Seriously? You think he wasn't listening? He knows he messed up.

Exactly this. Eli was coming at him very animated at first actually very unlike him but as he saw Bennett walk away, he took a quick breath and gathered himself and still went after him even after Bennett tried walking away from him. Eli then started to calmly chat with him. That is perfection when it comes to leadership IMHO.

timmytimm3
09-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Seriously? You think he wasn't listening? He knows he messed up.

In fact, later on he continued the route up the field and made the catch.

njg85m
09-21-2012, 11:31 AM
I know people always say that it was his demeanor or his work ethic or attitude as the reason why he never flourished in Dallas, but I swear it all started when he said that Kitna was a better QB than Romo. After that, he was essentially the black sheep.

TheAnalyst
09-21-2012, 11:31 AM
That is awesome......and he's playing great.....I'm just not a fan of his demeanor.....especially when Eli was trying to talk to him about continuing his route on the sideline........don't walk away from a 2 Time SB MVP like that......wish Eli was the type of guy to say "Hey Mutha&^%&er get your ***** over here when I'm talkin to you!!!!"

Trust me, he was listening. He texts Eli and is very close to him. He is trying hard to develop that great QB - TE bond, like Romo and Witten have. I like Bennett a lot. He drops it sometimes, but cant say he doesnt try.

RoanokeFan
09-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Trust me, he was listening. He texts Eli and is very close to him. He is trying hard to develop that great QB - TE bond, like Romo and Witten have. I like Bennett a lot. He drops it sometimes, but cant say he doesnt try. I guess it's just easier to throw rocks not meant for you

BlueJayC
09-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Woah.....all I said is I don't like his demeanor......and I still don't.....guy has to win me over and getting in a ref's face regardless if you got your helmet ripped off or not and walking away from your leader doesn't sit well with me as a fan and shouldn't be tolerated....I don't care how many TD passes you catch......plus the two he flat dropped last week.

repeatchamps
09-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Woah.....all I said is I don't like his demeanor......and I still don't.....guy has to win me over and getting in a ref's face regardless if you got your helmet ripped off or not and walking away from your leader doesn't sit well with me as a fan and shouldn't be tolerated....I don't care how many TD passes you catch......plus the two he flat dropped last week.

I hear what you are saying but you have to give this guy time to adapt to the culture around him. The atmosphere in Dallas was very negative and that has influenced him more than we think right now. It's not that his attitude stunk in Dallas it's that Dallas brought about all of his supposed negative attitude. There's a difference between the two big time. You can see those things fading away for him now that he is here. Just listen to him in the post game interviews and you can tell he is trying to shake off that negative perception.

jennymcc
09-21-2012, 12:59 PM
I know people always say that it was his demeanor or his work ethic or attitude as the reason why he never flourished in Dallas, but I swear it all started when he said that Kitna was a better QB than Romo. After that, he was essentially the black sheep.

Black sheep? I thought he was a black unicorn? ;-)

From runescape.wikia.com: "The black unicorn is a slightly more dangerous version of the Unicorn. These creatures are aggressive to all level players..."

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 01:01 PM
what an awesome read that was. thanks.

BlueJayC
09-21-2012, 01:04 PM
I hear what you are saying but you have to give this guy time to adapt to the culture around him. The atmosphere in Dallas was very negative and that has influenced him more than we think right now. It's not that his attitude stunk in Dallas it's that Dallas brought about all of his supposed negative attitude. There's a difference between the two big time. You can see those things fading away for him now that he is here. Just listen to him in the post game interviews and you can tell he is trying to shake off that negative perception.

+1....good point......the culture of that "other" organization is still wearing off.......saw the media link too to his post-game comments....like what he said about the Giants organization.

Giants5699
09-21-2012, 01:06 PM

Are you kidding me? They threw the facemask penalty because of that reaction.. That was a dirty freaking play by Carolina... and in my opinion Godfrey should get a fine for it. I would have flipped out too because that was blatant attempt to injure. Notice how the entire offensive line came down and got into a shoving match with Godfrey?

egyptian420
09-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Oh this brings a smile to my face:

Link: http://boards.dallascowboys.com/topic/3171-so-obviously-it-wasnt-marty-b-it-was-the-cowboys/
lol niiiice

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Are you kidding me? They threw the facemask penalty because of that reaction.. That was a dirty freaking play by Carolina... and in my opinion Godfrey should get a fine for it. I would have flipped out too because that was blatant attempt to injure. Notice how the entire offensive line came down and got into a shoving match with Godfrey?

This. If the entire O-line comes in and backs up the player, it's not that player's demeanor, something really went down...

BlueJayC
09-21-2012, 01:31 PM
This. If the entire O-line comes in and backs up the player, it's not that player's demeanor, something really went down...

Don't like his demeanor, his style (see post-game interviews in media section) nor his TD dance in your sig.......but wouldn't mind seeing him do it 15-20 more times this season.

Don't like his beard either......

TrueBlue@NYC
09-21-2012, 01:39 PM
DAL fans are bitter, they were sure this guy was going to be a star when he first came in. But they never emphasized the 2nd TE position. I know he had issues dropping the ball, we still see them here. But the difference is that DAL gave him 1 ball a game, if he dropped it, that was it. We give him a chance to redeem himself and so far he's made up for his mistakes.

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 01:42 PM
Don't like his demeanor, his style (see post-game interviews in media section) nor his TD dance in your sig.......but wouldn't mind seeing him do it 15-20 more times this season.

Don't like his beard either......

I think all that will improve over time. Remember he spent 4 years with the Cowboys... that's going to give anyone ******y tendencies...

BlueJayC
09-21-2012, 01:48 PM
DAL fans are bitter, they were sure this guy was going to be a star when he first came in. But they never emphasized the 2nd TE position. I know he had issues dropping the ball, we still see them here. But the difference is that DAL gave him 1 ball a game, if he dropped it, that was it. We give him a chance to redeem himself and so far he's made up for his mistakes.

True and odd at the same time as TC's typical approach is a one and done shot for guys in a game......like Wilson in the Dallas game after a fumble and Scott in the Niner game last year after a fumble......and Beatty with the false start and dropped pass last week......

Giants5699
09-21-2012, 01:51 PM
I think all that will improve over time. Remember he spent 4 years with the Cowboys... that's going to give anyone ******y tendencies...

I actually like his demeanor. He isn't a locker room distraction and half of the stuff he says is actually pretty funny. I like seeing emotion on the field from a power football player. Shockey used to do similar stuff but Shockey was a jerk about it. I have yet to see Black Unicorn do something that makes me think "Oh, he's a jerk who is just a distraction." If anything, his stuff is funny like Chad Johnson was... except much much less distracting. And TC wouldn't let it get out of line.

repeatchamps

Agreed ;):

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?19650-So-obviously-it-wasn-t-Marty-B-it-was-the-Cowboys-(Cowboys-Forum)&p=498301&viewfull=1#post498301:

TrueBlue@NYC
True and odd at the same time as TC's typical approach is a one and done shot for guys in a game......like Wilson in the Dallas game after a fumble and Scott in the Niner game last year after a fumble......and Beatty with the false start and dropped pass last week......

TC is like that with rookies. He keeps them on a very short lease. He gives vets much more leeway.

Beatty became the the LT after Dehl went down so obviously TC wasn't holding that dropped pass and false start against him that much.

Giants5699
In Beatty's defense... there is no reason why he should be getting a target in the end zone.

titwio
09-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Reading this just made my day...lol

So we're stuck with the old & slow Witten who struggles blocking and is now dropping passes left and right, while Bennett is a young/excellent blocker who is now blossoming into a TD catching stud TE for the darn gnats???

We should have traded Witten for some picks, while he still had value, and kept Martellus! How ridiculous of this organization. Martellus is laughing it up...and rightfully so. We practically groomed Bennett for the gnats. Pathetic.

LOL

jerseytom
09-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Quite a few threads openly admitting the Giants organization is a better franchise. Gotta love it!

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 06:24 PM
I know people always say that it was his demeanor or his work ethic or attitude as the reason why he never flourished in Dallas, but I swear it all started when he said that Kitna was a better QB than Romo. After that, he was essentially the black sheep.Instead of the Black Unicorn

funkybudda
09-21-2012, 06:26 PM
this is all great and stuff, but anyone thought of how much he will cost us after this season, if it keeps going well the way it has been? I highly doubt he will be in a Giants uniform next year, because Reese is a cheap mofo...

Bigbluefan77
09-21-2012, 06:43 PM
thanks for the read!

If bennett wants to have a sucessful nfl career he will stay with us
I dont see him doing well on the raiders or something

Tmurda1984
09-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Its not entirely the Cowboys fault that Marty B. struggled out there. I watched a number of games where he dropped wide open passes and made bonehead plays. He's made his share of bonehead plays, but he made up for that because he was targeted so many times because of the injury situations we have. In Dallas, once he made a bonehead play, he was out of there for a much more reliable Witten. You still see glimpses of him dropping passes and making a goofy holding penalty last night when Andre Brown was already past the defender he was blocking. He is just getting alot more opportunities here with a Top 3 QB in this league. Plus with Nicks and Cruz here, you almost forget that you have to cover Marty B. In Dallas, Dez Bryant disappears and Miles Austin is the most overrated bum ever. Roy Williams was a bum too.

greenca190
09-21-2012, 07:45 PM
this is all great and stuff, but anyone thought of how much he will cost us after this season, if it keeps going well the way it has been? I highly doubt he will be in a Giants uniform next year, because Reese is a cheap mofo...

he might be cheap, but he's not stupid.

dave56dj
09-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Oh no he has a dance - (wait so does victor - hakeem did the dirty bird - how dare they be happy)

Oh no we couldnt what was said between him and eli so i will deduce he walked away despite talk of a good relationship between the two

Oh no he has a beard and he says funny wacky stuff.

Oh no pope called him a leader amongst the TE's and a crack up.

Oh no he just keeps producing but dropped a ball or two.

Soryy but i like production on the field and so far he is set to have a better year then ballard and boss combined - face it jerry is smarter then most gm's out there - thanks for locklear too JERRY.

slipknottin
09-21-2012, 07:51 PM
because Reese is a cheap mofo...

The giants have less than one million in cap room. Has absolutely nothing to do with them being willing to spend money.