PDA

View Full Version : Cam Newton pulls the “they didn’t beat us, we beat ourselves” card

comebacktiki
09-21-2012, 11:09 AM
LOL, I would understand he comments if the game was 17-14 but no it was 36-7. That wasn't a we beat ourselves scenario, that was a beating. Cam Newton is a cry baby.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/21/cam-newton-pulls-the-they-didnt-beat-us-we-beat-ourselves-card/

TroyArcher
09-21-2012, 11:11 AM
He has some growing up to do.

Moke
09-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Looks consistent with the Giants for sure all of a sudden.

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 11:16 AM
Cmon .. the man's victory dance consists of showing off his Underoos ... you expected Shakespeare from this guy?

Husky
09-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Well, they laid a heck beating on themselves, then!

embeshAtYa
09-21-2012, 11:30 AM
He missed some throws that were in important situations so its his own fault. Could he have made a few, maybe it was a better game. BUTT. I didn see much of Steve Weatherford. Our defense played well but I think it still has plenty room to improve.

Moke
09-21-2012, 11:49 AM
To be or not to be, yet cam newton was not to be.

Rudyy
09-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Can't Newton.

Giant in Texas
09-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Alas Poor Cammy, I knew him well.

ELIte4MVP
09-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Cmon .. the man's victory dance consists of showing off his Underoos ... you expected Shakespeare from this guy?

i love how he had to celebrate a touchdown (on his second try) where he barely got over the line, whereas the giants players barely celebrated ( a spike by brown) once they were already up. i absolutely love seeing that.

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 11:56 AM
i love how he had to celebrate a touchdown (on his second try) where he barely got over the line, whereas the giants players barely celebrated ( a spike by brown) once they were already up. i absolutely love seeing that.

Was even funnier when only one guy came over to congratulate him.

Ham Newton.

SackingMyths
09-21-2012, 11:57 AM
LOL, I would understand he comments if the game was 17-14 but no it was 36-7. That wasn't a we beat ourselves scenario, that was a beating. Cam Newton is a cry baby.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/21/cam-newton-pulls-the-they-didnt-beat-us-we-beat-ourselves-card/

Ohhhhhh...So THAT'S what happened.

All along I thought what I was seeing was a good ol' fashioned *** whoopin' by a vastly superior team (who wasn't close to at full-strength)

My mistake

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 11:57 AM

Then you have Bennett's dance, but unless he breaks that out while being on the receiving end of a blowout, I'm fine with it. It shows his goofy side...

Moke
09-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Him and Steve Smith I can't ****ing take anymore. Whiny little *****es.

ELIte4MVP
09-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Then you have Bennett's dance, but unless he breaks that out while being on the receiving end of a blowout, I'm fine with it. It shows his goofy side...

i hope he doesnt do it when we're getting blown out. i'm ok with it because it was the first score of the game. i think the dance is exemplifying how black unicorns gallop..

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 11:59 AM
If we didn't beat him, does that mean he spent the entire game beating himself off?

krygny
09-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Granted, the Panther played lousy. Worse than they are. But the Giants gave them a good ol' fashion *** whoopin'. Just like the Packers. If you don't give yourself at least a chance to win, you don't deserve to win.

The Super Bowl Champion New York Football Giant showed up last night and everybody saw it. The bullseye is back.

thomsoad
09-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Why would any of us have a problem with him saying that?
We have heard that from Giant players plenty of times.
And while we did beat them and would beat them most of the time....I also dont think they played there best game either.

ELIte4MVP
09-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Granted, the Panther played lousy. Worse than they are. But the Giants gave them a good ol' fashion *** whoopin'. Just like the Packers. If you don't give yourself at least a chance to win, you don't deserve to win.

The Super Bowl Champion New York Football Giant showed up last night and everybody saw it. The bullseye is back.

i turned to my friend right after they all picked the panthers to win, and said this is the best news ive heard all week

Easy E.
09-21-2012, 12:02 PM
i hope he doesnt do it when we're getting blown out. i'm ok with it because it was the first score of the game. i think the dance is exemplifying how black unicorns gallop..

Agree 100%. Just like last year's Saints game where Cruz just handed the ref the ball after his TDs late in the game while we were getting killed. Cam's superman thing last night down 20 and Steve Smith celebrating catches down 20 were a joke.

I only wish Eli could have gotten in the endzone and did his "dropped sandwich" dance from SNL to really stick it to Cam after he did his Superman thing.

Moke
09-21-2012, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=thomsoad;498113]Why would any of us have a problem with him saying that?
We have heard that from Giant players plenty of times.
And while we did beat them and would beat them most of the time....I also dont think they played there best game either.[/QUOTE

We gave them the *** whoopin that they deserved. Giants played much better than the Panthers playing bad.

B&RWarrior
09-21-2012, 12:03 PM
I thought we were clearly the better team, but I think Cam was referring to his own play more than anything else. He definitely missed some throws he should have made and threw some bad interceptions.

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 12:04 PM
we beat you, you beat you, whatevs.

It's a W for us, and an L for you.

you're now in our rearviewmirror, discuss whatever makes you sleep better at night.

TheAnalyst
09-21-2012, 12:07 PM
anyone have a still shot of the part on the telecast where the NFL network guy circled his head?

BParcells777
09-21-2012, 12:08 PM

Well Bennett has to drop that Silly Cowboy "dance"............its friggen embarrasing

What would Bellicheck do if he saw that from one of his players?

njg85m
09-21-2012, 12:09 PM
That game was the definition of a beating from start to finish at every position, no matter how you slice it.

Sorry Cam, you didn't "beat yourselves", you witnessed what a Super Bowl Championship team looks like when they play to their potential.

ELIte4MVP
09-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Well Bennett has to drop that Silly Cowboy "dance"............its friggen embarrasing

probably the same thing he does every time hernandez does that stupid make it rain celebration. nothing

gfan555
09-21-2012, 12:22 PM
How about Steve Smith? He was really show boating after the game was way out of hand.
These guys have some serious egos.

FBomb
09-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Funny.....his HC says they got beat by a better football team.

TheAnalyst
09-21-2012, 12:36 PM
Reminds me of the beatdown the Pack took in the playoffs where the better team lost and just played a horrible game and gave it to the Giants.

These dudes seriously need to check their sacks for testicles.

njg85m
09-21-2012, 12:39 PM

lol

bklyn1028
09-21-2012, 01:01 PM
probably the same thing he does every time hernandez does that stupid make it rain celebration. nothing

Is that what it is?....I was wondering........diggin the shovel or something....absolutely moronic.

bklyn1028
09-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Reminds me of the beatdown the Pack took in the playoffs where the better team lost and just played a horrible game and gave it to the Giants.

Funny, I thought Clay Matthews spoke with a soprano voice.....lol

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 01:06 PM

I think it's hilarious personally. Either way though, if he scores a TD he can do whatever he wants as long as we're not being blown out... I for one can't wait to see him do that on the Cowboys Helmet Star.

GameTime
09-21-2012, 01:28 PM

oh stop..
and who cares what BB would do. We have TC and he seems to know how to coach....

CuseGirl
09-21-2012, 04:14 PM
anyone have a still shot of the part on the telecast where the NFL network guy circled his head?In my sig....

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-21-2012, 04:38 PM
"It was nothing that they did," Newton said Thursday night after his Carolina Panthers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/carolinapanthers/profile?team=CAR)' 36-7 loss to the New York Giants (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012092000/2012/REG3/giants@panthers). "It was all on us."

Ham Fignewton is just a whiny baby. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry017.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Giantz4Life
09-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Lost a lot of respect for Cam last night.

I know it has been discussed extensively, but that Superman TD celebration was bogus.

Immediately I thought of Victor Cruz during the Saints game last year when we were getting blown out and yet when Cruz scored instead of breaking out the infamous salsa dance he simply handed the ball to the ref and walked onto the sideline.

Class vs flash

Evo'Ed
09-21-2012, 04:48 PM

I know it has been discussed extensively, but that Superman TD celebration was bogus.

Immediately I thought of Victor Cruz during the Saints game last year when we were getting blown out and yet when Cruz scored instead of breaking out the infamous salsa dance he simply handed the ball to the ref and walked onto the sideline.

Class vs flash

Yes i remember that play.

I believe there was a thread on the old forum too.

Goes to show you how humble a guy Cruz is compared to Cam.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Yes i remember that play.

I believe there was a thread on the old forum too.

Goes to show you how humble a guy Cruz is compared to Cam.I was at that game! We got blown out and Cruz stayed classy.

thomsoad
09-21-2012, 04:56 PM

Class vs flash

Different set of circumstances.
This game was home for the Panthers and it was still early in the 3rd quarter.
Cam was trying to pump up the crowd and get some enthusiasm into the team and crowd.

Laurah1275
09-21-2012, 04:59 PM
They didnt intercept the ball three times. I threw it to them.

LMAO....that was funny :)

Giantz4Life
09-21-2012, 05:03 PM
Cam was trying to pump up the crowd and get some enthusiasm into the team and crowd.

Right, because a Superman dance move is going to do that. The touchdown speaks for itself.

SackingMyths
09-21-2012, 05:04 PM

"Ben Franklin didn't invent electricity, I did. Ben Franklin is the devil!!!"

NJBLUE
09-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Every game we win, the other team beats themselves and we got lucky....every game, lol the NFL

Mohann
09-21-2012, 05:17 PM

LMAO....that was funny :)

And after sunday's game Eli joked about adding his int yardage to his total. That's owning your mistakes lol. It's easier to do when you win though.

thomsoad
09-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Right, because a Superman dance move is going to do that. The touchdown speaks for itself.
Then why does the crowd cheer when Cruz does his salsa dance? Tuck and his Japanese bend down? Osi and his jet celebration?
I mean seriously...let it go.
No offense but anyone with any football knowledge should know this.

jerseytom
09-21-2012, 05:24 PM
hark who goes there.....it's a giants beatdown

Giants5699
09-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Man... The Panthers sure did kick their own backside. They didn't just beat themselves, they dominated themselves.

Giantz4Life
09-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Then why does the crowd cheer when Cruz does his salsa dance? Tuck and his Japanese greeting? Osi and his jet celebration?
I mean seriously...let it go.
No offense but anyone with any football knowledge should know this.

And what does this have to do with football knowledge? This is purely a reference the entertainment aspect of the game, not actual football.

thomsoad
09-21-2012, 05:47 PM
And what does this have to do with football knowledge? This is purely a reference the entertainment aspect of the game, not actual football.
As I said...anyone with football or even just sports knowledge knows why Cam would do that.

Giantz4Life
09-21-2012, 06:00 PM
As I said...anyone with football or even just sports knowledge knows why Cam would do that.

You got me. Man, I should really start brushing up on my celebration knowledge. Can you recommend a good web site for studying celebrations in certain scenarios?

Harooni
09-21-2012, 08:04 PM
they looked like morons celebrating after a play when down so much. just my 2 cents

Giantz4Life
09-21-2012, 08:08 PM
they looked like morons celebrating after a play when down so much. just my 2 cents

Never disagree with the almighty sports guru thomsoad. He is all knowing when it comes to endzone celebrations.

Even Samuel L. Jackson agrees with us:

Samuel L. Jackson ‏@SamuelLJackson
Was Cam POUTING in that press conf? Gotta be as responsible in loss as he was proud to showcase that insignificant TD by his SUPERMAN move!

Harooni
09-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Never disagree with the almighty sports guru thomsoad. He is all knowing when it comes to endzone celebrations.

Even Samuel L. Jackson agrees with us:

Samuel L. Jackson ‏@SamuelLJackson
Was Cam POUTING in that press conf? Gotta be as responsible in loss as he was proud to showcase that insignificant TD by his SUPERMAN move!

lol he looked like a total ******r

Giantz4Life
09-21-2012, 08:15 PM

I agree, but apparently Cam was going to turn the tides of the game by ripping an invisible shirt.

Tmurda1984
09-21-2012, 08:15 PM
The Giants was a far superior team. We literally dragged the Panthers up and down the field, and outmuscled them in the trenches. It was a physical beating, even their overrated Center couldnt handle our pass rush. The Panther are trash and that Read Triple Option does not work against the athletic guys like JPP, Tuck , and Boley etc. The Panthers lost becuase they have an inaccurate QB in a college type offensive system...while we have a Elite QB in a complex option routed offense. The panters are a god damn joke.

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 08:37 PM
I understood when the 49ers fans said the Giants got lucky as the game was 1 play either way but teams get demolished and talk crap it pisses me off

BParcells777
09-21-2012, 09:52 PM
If they beat themselves, they beat the heck out of themselves.......showed themselves no mercy LOL

appodictic
09-21-2012, 09:55 PM
The giants dont every beat anybody everyone we play loses to us. Big difference :) NOOOT

FBomb
09-21-2012, 09:59 PM
"Ben Franklin didn't invent electricity, I did. Ben Franklin is the devil!!!"

Captain Insano shows no mercy.

G-MENBK
09-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Captain Insano shows no mercy.

Mama say that happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.

ChuckKnoxx
09-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Had to make a highlight package for Cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibYg6LXx244

Giants5699
09-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Had to make a highlight package for Cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibYg6LXx244
lmfao.. perfect

nycisgreat
09-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Well, they laid a heck beating on themselves, then!

+1, how else would you explain what happened last night. Cam is crying over sour grapes.

BigBlue1971
09-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Cam is a sore loser and knows himself (cuz hes feeling the pain) that hes not serious about his comments. he knows he took an *** whuppin!

its funny everyone including his team feel the exact opposite! Cam is a moron!

BurnerNYG
09-21-2012, 11:29 PM

Class vs flashI agree. Not only that... why sulk on the sideline under a towel when you're playing bad? Why not go over the playbook with the coach and the veteran backup? Maybe that team NEEDS a new coach, somebody like Coughlin who will coach him up and teach him how to be humble.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 11:31 PM
thats a good point Isaac. Rivera may very well be an awesome HC, but he seems to me to be more of a fan of Cam than a HC. He said he'll ride with cam even when he makes the wrong decisions, almost dismissing his mistakes. I dunno he just doesnt strike me as a guy that will be able to tutor Cam and have him progress, Carolina should get a good QB coach if they dont have one already

edit-and with the rivera comment i didnt mean it like rivera has cams back even in bad games, i meant it like, i think he said a few times along the lines of "Well he didn't make the read I would have preferred but we'll follow his decisions."

that to me is dangerous...u need to constantly correct and teach a young qb, maybe thats why cam looks so messed up on the sidelines after he messes up. certainly didnt appear like he was going thru the film on the sidelines to identify the defenses and reads...and rivera just stood motionless with this braindead stare too...

rebelfan1966
09-21-2012, 11:49 PM
I just thought his post game interview was bizarre with a twist of arrogance. I still remember the whole "pay to play" flap when his dad tried to extort money from Mississippi State to have him play there instead of Auburn.

BurnerNYG
09-21-2012, 11:54 PM
thats a good point Isaac. Rivera may very well be an awesome HC, but he seems to me to be more of a fan of Cam than a HC. He said he'll ride with cam even when he makes the wrong decisions, almost dismissing his mistakes. I dunno he just doesnt strike me as a guy that will be able to tutor Cam and have him progress, Carolina should get a good QB coach if they dont have one already

edit-and with the rivera comment i didnt mean it like rivera has cams back even in bad games, i meant it like, i think he said a few times along the lines of "Well he didn't make the read I would have preferred but we'll follow his decisions."

that to me is dangerous...u need to constantly correct and teach a young qb, maybe thats why cam looks so messed up on the sidelines after he messes up. certainly didnt appear like he was going thru the film on the sidelines to identify the defenses and reads...and rivera just stood motionless with this braindead stare too...I'm finally accepting the fact that QB's need to be pocket passers and only run when you don't see nobody open and the lane opens up. Running destroys your train of thought because instead of going through all your reads, you put it in your head that you can make plays with your legs and end up becoming a runningback pretending to be a QB.

This guy came into the league breaking records, Peyton Manning records... he's supposed to be improving not regressing. John Elway and Donovan McNabb became better QB's when they stopped running... McNabb just couldn't get over the hump, say what u want about him but he was an excellent QB that kept the Eagles competitive.

Cam Newton seems like all this losing is eating him alive and if he's not careful he's gonna end up like Vince Young, Matt LeInart, Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf. Arrogance and defeat does not mix, he needs to stop hanging at the basketball games, stop doing commercials, stop sulking and go perfect his craft before he ends up in the pit of unfortunate, great college QB's who couldn't quite cut it in the league.

Roswell777
09-21-2012, 11:55 PM
He embarrassed himself last night. Seemed like he was more concerned with Cam Newton, the brand, than The Carolina Panthers. I lost a lot of respect for the player.

Drez
09-21-2012, 11:56 PM
oh stop..
and who cares what BB would do. We have TC and he seems to know how to coach....
Particularly against Belichick.

BurnerNYG
09-21-2012, 11:57 PM
I had to edit my post. I hate texting on this board from my phone.

Drez
09-22-2012, 12:00 AM
It was more than halfway through the 3rd quarter, down by 3 TDs (after the score). Maybe he should have worked on getting the crowd pumped up in the first 40 minutes of the game.

The only difference was he was playing at home, and that matters not when you're getting so absolutely trounced.

Drez
09-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Because he's immature.

Drez
09-22-2012, 12:03 AM
Is that pronounced: *****er or *****ay? lol

BurnerNYG
09-22-2012, 12:04 AM
I take that McNabb comment back. He wasn't excellent, he was good. Lol

Mohann
09-22-2012, 12:09 AM
I really hope our players have been sending Thank you notes for all the victories they've been given.

Giantz4Life
09-22-2012, 12:12 AM
I agree. Not only that... why sulk on the sideline under a towel when you're playing bad? Why not go over the playbook with the coach and the veteran backup? Maybe that team NEEDS a new coach, somebody like Coughlin who will coach him up and teach him how to be humble.

I was actually a big fan of Cam before this game and I was rooting for him to do well (obviously not against that Giants lol). It is a shame he had to act like that. I think he is a very talented player and an incredible athlete, but that crap he pulled on a prime time night game made him look childish.

G-MENBK
09-22-2012, 12:13 AM
It's okay guys, even Steve Smith questions Newton's compete level and being a leader:

"I don't want to be passive and not do it because if I don't do it, who will?" Smith said. "The same way with my son, I can't expect somebody else (to do that). So yeah, I lit into him because I thought it was an opportunity for him to see and understand what was going on. This is more than about playing football. It's about becoming a man and understanding what this is."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/steve-smith-picks-cam-newton-carolina-panthers-lose-ny-giants-36-7-thursday-night-article-1.1165251#ixzz27AFy3WaA

BurnerNYG
09-22-2012, 12:24 AM
I was actually a big fan of Cam before this game and I was rooting for him to do well (obviously not against that Giants lol). It is a shame he had to act like that. I think he is a very talented player and an incredible athlete, but that crap he pulled on a prime time night game made him look childish.I agree, hopefully he doesn't let it destroy his career. Oh well not our problem... let's focus on the Eagles. Lol

appodictic
09-22-2012, 12:28 AM

What would Bellicheck do if he saw that from one of his players? He would probably bench that player and then lose two super bowls to us. get real dude its a TD dance.

Parademon
09-22-2012, 12:31 AM
Isn't it amazing how teams the Giants beat either by 7 or by 27, always pull out the " we beat ourselves" card? I love it! I hope the next 16-17 teams we play, beat themselves as well!

The Ginats put a complete butt whooping on Cam & his team from the opening rd till the final bell & & without 4 starters on Offense...yet it was nothing the Giants did? Lost a ton of respect for him during his "Superman" routine down by 20 & his whiney postgame comment.

You just got stomped by the world champs in your own house Cam...be a mature man & give credit where credit is due! And Smith yelling & punching his chest after a reception down by like 25-30 pts was also a joke! Hope the Panthers lose all their remaining games except for any vs our division foes of course.

giantsfan420
09-22-2012, 01:00 AM
i know burner, i cant quote frm my phone for some reason

Redeyejedi
09-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Cam seems like a guy that will throw teammates under the Bus and point fingers when things go south. He seems so frickin fake

BurnerNYG
09-22-2012, 01:35 AM
Cam seems like a guy that will throw teammates under the Bus and point fingers when things go south. He seems so frickin fakeI see where you're coming from but I think he's harder on himself. He's young... just needs to mature.

Harooni
09-22-2012, 01:41 AM
He embarrassed himself last night. Seemed like he was more concerned with Cam Newton, the brand, than The Carolina Panthers. I lost a lot of respect for the player.

same feeling, i thought last season he was really good and could be something special, but after this game he just looked like a punk celebrating and putting a towel over his head after ints. also the coaches looked horrible. never adjusted never went to him to look at photo's to go over what he did wrong.

Captain Chaos
09-22-2012, 08:05 AM
we beat you, you beat you, whatevs.

It's a W for us, and an L for you.

you're now in our rearviewmirror, discuss whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Canadian! I haven't seen you on the boards of late, hope all is well and look forward to more of your posts!

PS: It's a copycat league, c'mon.....

OX1
09-22-2012, 08:55 AM
never adjusted never went to him to look at photo's to go over what he did wrong.

Didn't even think of that, at least earlier in the game. Maybe they already know he would just walk away or ignore them.
Or maybe they have horrible coaches.

Who gives a crap though, as long as they go at least 3 and 13, winning weeks 9 and 12.

jomo
09-22-2012, 10:44 AM
He must be an avid reader of the Packers' and Forty Niners' newsletter.

Joe Morrison
09-22-2012, 10:47 AM
He must be an avid reader of the Packers' and Forty Niners' newsletter.
The GMEN must put the fear of God in these teams that they are incapable of not beating themselves, like noted, taking notes from a long list of teams that beat themselves when all the chips were on the table.

jomo
09-22-2012, 10:53 AM
The GMEN must put the fear of God in these teams that they are incapable of not beating themselves, like noted, taking notes from a long list of teams that beat themselves when all the chips were on the table.We are truly a blessed franchise. Now Joe, if we can get another 10 teams to beat themselves this year, our road to the playoff will be set!

Joe Morrison
09-22-2012, 10:59 AM
We are truly a blessed franchise. Now Joe, if we can get another 10 teams to beat themselves this year, our road to the playoff will be set!
We can always count on Vick to beat himself senseless in the next game!

rebelfan1966
09-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Cam Newton lost my respect in College.... His dad tried to get Mississippi State to pay for him to play there..... when they refused, he went to Auburn instead. I am sure Auburn probably paid somehow under the table to get him..

rebelfan1966
09-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Right now, the young QB that is impressing me is RGIII...... too bad he is in our division and Osi, Tuck, JPP, and the rest of our defense are going to have to pumell him.