PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Austin- anyone notice how he did?

timmytimm3
09-21-2012, 10:44 AM
I didn't see too many of his snaps. Thoughts?

Thanks

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Didn't catch the snap count (anyone know a good site for that?) but the middle of the dline was rock solid. Linval Joseph was the only DT that stood out to me though.

ELIte4MVP
09-21-2012, 10:53 AM
i didn't specifically watch his play, but i did look at the line and see him in there a good amount. definitely more than i expected to be honest

TheAnalyst
09-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Didn't catch the snap count (anyone know a good site for that?) but the middle of the dline was rock solid. Linval Joseph was the only DT that stood out to me though.

I saw Bernard hustling out there, ran down DeAngelo Williams on one play near the sidelines. Very impressive.

Easy E.
09-21-2012, 11:04 AM
I didn't see anything, but know he was pumped that he even played. One of the beat writers (I can't remember which) had a quote from Austin saying "I'm finally an NFL player!!" referring to the fact he saw a little action. Let's hope he stays hungry and healthy and can get better!

GMan-67
09-21-2012, 11:06 AM
he got out there, didnt really distinguish himself ... he was pretty much blocked each play, tired to fling a hand up to knock a pass or 2 down, but didnt come close

but, it's good that he got out there

Cool Papa B.
09-21-2012, 11:09 AM
The fact that he played last night is a step in the right direction for him. Hopefully he improves week to week.

timmytimm3
09-21-2012, 11:18 AM
I saw Bernard hustling out there, ran down DeAngelo Williams on one play near the sidelines. Very impressive.

I remember that play. Bernard has played the best football I've seen him play this year. If Austin can develop and Canty comes back strong our D line will be a FORCE.

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Who knows? We could do the anti-Nascar package for run plays... line up Austin-Canty-Joseph-Kuhn on the line. It would be like putting 10 in the box, but keeping guys to contain the outside options.

GMAN2K9
09-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Who knows? We could do the anti-Nascar package for run plays... line up Austin-Canty-Joseph-Kuhn on the line. It would be like putting 10 in the box, but keeping guys to contain the outside options.

Im excited for a healthy and hungry Canty to come off the PUP list... He doesnt always stand as a playmaker but his size / strength allows for better mismatches in the trenches

TheAnalyst
09-21-2012, 11:47 AM

Lol anti- nascar... maybe the tank package?

NorwoodBlue
09-21-2012, 11:48 AM

Yup, fantastic play on his part. He's been rock solid this year.

jomo
09-21-2012, 11:50 AM
he got out there, didnt really distinguish himself ... he was pretty much blocked each play, tired to fling a hand up to knock a pass or 2 down, but didnt come close

but, it's good that he got out thereHe needs to knock the rust off, so any work is good work for him.

NorwoodBlue
09-21-2012, 12:08 PM
He was on the field a bit and didn't really show up much when he was out there; which makes him a superstar worth millions because that's what Osi has done all year! Osi was beyond pathetic in the run game last night. Carolina didn't even have to block him, he just jumped left, and watched the ball carrier go by. He can't play the run at all anymore, and he's been pretty ineffective in the passing game, so what's left? If he's bucking for a big salary in free agency, he's not playing like it.

embeshAtYa
09-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Osi is lazy, and he is gona get his big plays here n there. Dirty work in the trenches? nah

dave56dj
09-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Osi is a pure pass rusher at this point - and makes run plays with athletic ability alone - rarely contains or maintains ga control - but if he gets to a qb 11-13 times a year in a situational spot I'll live with it.

As for Austin - Kuhn was the third rotational DT and Austin didn't see many snaps but he did get his feet wet and thats a nice start for him. In 3 weeks Canty could be back.

Some part of me wonders that these younger players like barden beatty and brown are not only showing talent but also just a freshness in not playing many snaps in their career.

TheAnalyst
09-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Yeah, as a big Osi fan, he looked rusty again out there. As soon as JPP got hurt, they ran right at Osi and he whiffed and DeAngelo Williams had his biggest run. That is a play I would think JPP makes.

Come on Osi, get it bro!

Tuck looked better this game, but still is always hanging out on the sideline. Conditioning?

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Lol anti- nascar... maybe the tank package?

BMX Package... there we go. We came up with the nascar last year because we had hungry DE's and faltering DT's. Now that situation is reversed; there should be a package for that...