PDA

View Full Version : referee's last night

sheepdip
09-21-2012, 10:51 AM
A couple calls stand out. I am glad they let plays go but come on a little consistency. The prince push and 15 yarder was completely embarrassing ?. He should keep his temper but that was so ticky tack and happens on almost every play.

The 2nd webster call was bad too as he rode his wr to sideline and did turn his head to locate the ball. Bad call.
Some of the spotting of the ball seemed to be all over the place. I think if it is 1 yard short or half a yard they just move it. This avoids them having to bring out chains and possibly have to review.

In the end I dont have much faith in them. I am just glad we mopped the floor with them so we wouldnt have to rely on a call or 2.

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 10:53 AM
The Personal Foul on Prince was complete BS, but I wouldn't be surprised to see if the ref didn't see the receiver shove Prince first... might be a case of turning his head too late.

The C-Web PI was fairly legit from what I saw. Maybe when I look at the all-22 footage of it I can get a picture, but it seemed fair (albeit frustrating) to me.

Overall, the refs didn't do any worse than the regular refs would have last night...

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 10:54 AM
The Personal Foul on Prince was complete BS, but I wouldn't be surprised to see if the ref didn't see the receiver shove Prince first... might be a case of turning his head too late.

The C-Web PI was fairly legit from what I saw. Maybe when I look at the all-22 footage of it I can get a picture, but it seemed fair (albeit frustrating) to me.

Overall, the refs didn't do any worse than the regular refs would have last night...

Even if he didn't see the first shove, Prince's retaliation wasn't flag worthy.

Or if it was, then the refs should have been flagging Steve Smith on every play.

ashleymarie
09-21-2012, 10:59 AM
It seems the new refs (or clone refs) have too much power making them dangerous to any team. I know they have their side, but they don't have eyes in the backs of their heads yet they make calls as if they do.

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Even if he didn't see the first shove, Prince's retaliation wasn't flag worthy.

Or if it was, then the refs should have been flagging Steve Smith on every play.

Still, I don't see the regular refs calling a better game than the replacements did last night...

GMan-67
09-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Prince call was bad, but let's face it the "part time" refs from last season call many more ticky tack penalities

i want full time official only, dont care how that comes about, but that's what the NFL needs ... none of these CEOs mon-fri. ... ref and rub elbows with NFL stars on Sunday ... that clearly wasnt working

bearbryant
09-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Yeh, The issue with these refs isn't the calls as much as it is the consistency in the calls thru the entire game. Call the game the same way for both sides- the entire game- and I'm all in... Otherwise we have a problem. After 3 games, heres the dealeo: None of the replacements are calling games the same way, they change from game to game and from group to group. The players don't know what to expect so how do they play it. Time to go to Ask It!!! Maybe they got an idea, Goodell certainly doesn't

ELIte4MVP
09-21-2012, 11:08 AM
the one thing i liked, was how they called hosleys interception return. they let him return it, and then you look at it and see if he was down. so many times the refs blow it dead, negating the return, and then you see replays that say that the player wasn't down or whatever it is. i was really happy to see them do that

BParcells777
09-21-2012, 11:11 AM
A couple calls stand out. I am glad they let plays go but come on a little consistency. The prince push and 15 yarder was completely embarrassing ?. He should keep his temper but that was so ticky tack and happens on almost every play.

The 2nd webster call was bad too as he rode his wr to sideline and did turn his head to locate the ball. Bad call.
Some of the spotting of the ball seemed to be all over the place. I think if it is 1 yard short or half a yard they just move it. This avoids them having to bring out chains and possibly have to review.

In the end I dont have much faith in them. I am just glad we mopped the floor with them so we wouldnt have to rely on a call or 2.

I dont care as long as it goes both ways

njg85m
09-21-2012, 11:13 AM
I was a little confused considering the same Ref that called the Prince personal foul stood by watching literally 2 feet away when the one Panther repeatedly rammed our one players (can't remember who is was) head into the turf after the play, and didn't throw a flag.

eastbayblue
09-21-2012, 11:44 AM
I actually thought the refs did an okay job last night, didn't see anything that really stood out.

TheAnalyst
09-21-2012, 11:49 AM
I didnt like the fact the ref waited for ever to blow the whistle on that Bennett catch that resulted in him getting his helmet ripped off. Way to late to blow that dead.

Also, they missed that play early on where Eli got sacked and threw the ball away. His knee was clearly down when he threw it. Should of been a sack.

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 11:53 AM
I didnt like the fact the ref waited for ever to blow the whistle on that Bennett catch that resulted in him getting his helmet ripped off. Way to late to blow that dead.

Also, they missed that play early on where Eli got sacked and threw the ball away. His knee was clearly down when he threw it. Should of been a sack.

saw that too. good call.

thought the c web call was legit. Mayock had it right, he didn't need all the contact, he had position on the receiver. probably was afraid it was going to be deep down the side, when it was thrown inside it looked like he was riding smith wide.

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Still, I don't see the regular refs calling a better game than the replacements did last night...

Agreed.

BlueJayC
09-21-2012, 12:10 PM

Spot on......biggest non-call of the game.....forward progress was clearly stopped for seconds before the whistle was blown......that's how you lose control of a game and guys get hurt like the Monday Nighter.

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Spot on......biggest non-call of the game.....forward progress was clearly stopped for seconds before the whistle was blown......that's how you lose control of a game and guys get hurt like the Monday Nighter.

that's the most consistent and legit complaint about the replacements. they struggle throwing their weight around to keep everyone in line.

burier
09-21-2012, 12:38 PM

Thats what Im saying...this is like a grass is greener scenario. Last I checked the regular NFL refs are hideous. You guys really want to beg Ed Hochuli to come back? Didn't Hochuli start receiving death threats a few years back? How many plays have those guys blown? How many games have these guys deep-6ed with poor calls.

Remember the infamous "Leaping" call. At the time John Madden had never even heard of that penalty.

Do you guys remember in 2010 when they called a TD pass to Nicks back against the cowboys on a phantom holding call?...we ended up losing that game and subsequently missing the playoffs.

I know you guys remember the Refs screwing us right of the playoffs in San Fran. Those are the guys we're all supposed to beg to return?

Nah I'm good with that. The replacement refs are blowing calls at the same rate as the regular refs do but at least with the replacement refs you know its because they're learning and not because they're gambling.

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Nah I'm good with that. The replacement refs are blowing calls at the same rate as the regular refs do but at least with the replacement refs you know its because they're learning and not because they're gambling.

This is what i've been trying to say all along. People are so short-sighted...

BParcells777
09-21-2012, 12:49 PM
I like these Refs
They play no favorites, have no ties to Vegas, call precious little OL and KO holding and behind he back stuff

They make a concerted effort to get the call correct, and go to the Video tape often.....which is what we all wanted for years (Ballard's Knee????)

They are not above reversing a call after a consult

Don't cry or worry about things you can do nothing about- Roger Goodell does not care which Refs YOU like

The other idiots want a full pension plan for a 3 hour per week for 19 week year.......and $200,000 per year

Regan would have given these guys the Air Controller treatment

BlueJayC
09-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Or the phnatom SB hold where Wilfork basically told the ref he effed up......that call doesn't happen and it's a blowout.......