PDA

View Full Version : I'M EATING CROW

bklyn1028
09-21-2012, 11:57 AM
I was wrong about Ramses Barden. I said to keep David Douglas, Barden outlived his stay. Shows you how much I knew....Thank God Coughlin didn't listen to me.

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Read my sig...

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 11:58 AM
LOL.

don't beat yourself up too much. it's one game.

Coughlin has him 4th on the chart for a reason, will be 5th if Hixon is ok and Randle continues to develop.

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 12:00 PM
LOL.

don't beat yourself up too much. it's one game.

Coughlin has him 4th on the chart for a reason, will be 5th if Hixon is ok and Randle continues to develop.

Yeah, Matt Flynn holds the single-game TD passing record in GB... still hard to not feel happy that Barden actually stepped up and did something though...

TheAnalyst
09-21-2012, 12:01 PM
Man, some of you guys are crazy. Although, I am saying Jernigan should be cut. I still see a Moss clone with him. If he isnt returning kicks, receiving or even making the active roster, and when he is not even playing, how can he be good?

But again, Trust Reese and this organization.

If JJ has talent, we will see it at some point.

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Man, some of you guys are crazy. Although, I am saying Jernigan should be cut. I still see a Moss clone with him. If he isnt returning kicks, receiving or even making the active roster, and when he is not even playing, how can he be good?

But again, Trust Reese and this organization.

If JJ has talent, we will see it at some point.

See I had never understood the logic behind being on the Barden Train (prior to last night) while putting down Jernigan in the same breath... Last year I saw Sinorice more in Barden than in Jernigan, since the latter contributed to ST and at least made himself useful in some capacity. Thank god I was wrong about Barden though...

Giant_Chief1976
09-21-2012, 12:05 PM
I was wrong about Ramses Barden. I said to keep David Douglas, Barden outlived his stay. Shows you how much I knew....Thank God Coughlin didn't listen to me.

Don't beat yourself up...I'm pleased with what I saw but I was a (and still am a little) doubter. Until he produces consistantly I'm not sold oh him. It was one game against a rookie CB and a soft secondary. Let's see what happens in the next few weeks.

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Yeah, Matt Flynn holds the single-game TD passing record in GB... still hard to not feel happy that Barden actually stepped up and did something though...

hey, all of these players are worshiped like gods before the get to the NFL, and some of them get a huge ego cutdown if they can't keep up or stay healthy.

to see him hug eli is my favorite moment of the season so far. He's probably been talking to family and friends for 4 years about showing he belongs and can contribute, he finally got his shot and came through big.

is he the new Plax? Absolutely not. but i couldn't be happier for him and for us to have someone we can depend on.

TheAnalyst
09-21-2012, 12:15 PM
See I had never understood the logic behind being on the Barden Train (prior to last night) while putting down Jernigan in the same breath... Last year I saw Sinorice more in Barden than in Jernigan, since the latter contributed to ST and at least made himself useful in some capacity. Thank god I was wrong about Barden though...

You can't just look at stats. Stats are very misleading. I concentrated on Barden in the preseasons and when he got a lick or 2 in the regular season the past few years and saw a lot of potential. He was raw coming in ans still young and developing.

I saw Moss had talent, but it never translated on the field. I see the same with JJ. He is a speed guy, but can;t hold onto the ball and cant get any seperation. He doesnt have the physicalness Barden does.

I could be wrong and JJ could turn out to be a solid WR, but from what I see, I doubt it. Its like, the second I saw Victor Cruz play, I knew he had a boat load of talent. I see talent with Barden. I dont see it with JJ.

bearbryant
09-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeh, all he needed was an opporttunity and he seized it. Get rid of the Louisville slugger. That's why we're amateurs and the TC train has the Pros on it!

Toadofsteel
09-21-2012, 12:32 PM
You can't just look at stats. Stats are very misleading. I concentrated on Barden in the preseasons and when he got a lick or 2 in the regular season the past few years and saw a lot of potential. He was raw coming in ans still young and developing.

I saw Moss had talent, but it never translated on the field. I see the same with JJ. He is a speed guy, but can;t hold onto the ball and cant get any seperation. He doesnt have the physicalness Barden does.

I could be wrong and JJ could turn out to be a solid WR, but from what I see, I doubt it. Its like, the second I saw Victor Cruz play, I knew he had a boat load of talent. I see talent with Barden. I dont see it with JJ.

To be honest, when I saw Barden in previous years I saw someone with no drive to contribute. He had an opportunity last year against the Eagles, but Cruz took that one and ran with it while Barden did nothing. He didn't even want to play on special teams, which at least Jernigan does (he's a nice gunner, kinda like Tryon). But Barden definitely showed up for this game. That's where I say I'm glad I was wrong, and will gladly take the crow over that.

YATittle1962
09-21-2012, 12:34 PM
my man ...it was one game where the opposing team was HEAVILY rolling coverage to Cruz and leaving a rookie on Barden

Eli could have lined up out wide and got open

I am absolutely excited for Barden and hope he can keep it up ....he played very well and took advantage of his opportunity

but no need to eat anything

bklyn1028
09-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Well, the positiveness of it all is he performed when he was asked to.

I was just over at the Dallas forum, and these guys were chatting when the game was on last night, and all they had was praise for Eli, Coughlin and the whole Giants organization for development. MOST of them wished the Cowboys org developed players and had the depth that we had, and the performance from our roster when it is necessary.

AND a lot of it was about Bennett and his performance and how Garrett screwed up not keeping him.

TroyArcher
09-21-2012, 12:51 PM
You are not alone. He has been a real stiff. Lets hope he keeps it going and does what Plax used to do to the Eagles.

YATittle1962
09-21-2012, 12:51 PM
AND a lot of it was about Bennett and his performance and how Garrett screwed up not keeping him.

one man gathers what another man spills

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 12:52 PM
one man gathers what another man spills

you sound like a ninja.

YATittle1962
09-21-2012, 12:53 PM
you sound like a ninja.

you are catching on grasshopper

Eli TO Shockey
09-21-2012, 12:56 PM

I will reserve my crow eating until i see it a few more times.

YATittle1962
09-21-2012, 12:58 PM
I will reserve my crow eating until i see it a few more times.

this is exactly where I stand

I have a crow supplier that will deliver 24 hours

I have my hot sauce ready.......but I won't order up and eat it just yet

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 12:59 PM
you are catching on grasshopper

its hard to be a ninja when you groan getting out of a deep seated chair.

maybe you're a retired ninja.

YATittle1962
09-21-2012, 01:00 PM
its hard to be a ninja when you groan getting out of a deep seated chair.

maybe you're a retired ninja.

hmmm good point

maybe more like a less mobile 6' 4" Yoda

middlecountrygiantsfan
09-21-2012, 09:09 PM
hmmm good point

maybe more like a less mobile 6' 4" Yoda

HAHAHAHAHA

Captain Chaos
09-22-2012, 07:20 AM
I'm glad you acknowledge that you were wrong, he still needs to produce a few more times before you can anoint him but you have to be happy with that performance. Showed he really understands the Offense and is beginning to understand how to use his size; he will be tough on those quick slants and skinny post routes!

BurnerNYG
09-22-2012, 07:29 AM
The man had injury problems and fell down on the depth chart because of it. It didn't have anything to do with learning the offense. Manningham was here.

OX1
09-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Not convinced just yet that he won't be a dropper in tighter coverage.
The total upside is that he should be going up against 3rd or worse corners
for rest of this year. We need someone to step up to be the next cruz/nicks
cause I just don't see both of them getting paid.

Tmurda1984
09-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Maybe its me, but Jerrell Jernigan is just waaay too small to be an effective receiver. Even when he returning kicks, he doesnt have any mores to make a defender miss. What good is speed if you are not elusive. Sincorice Moss was the same way....alot of speed but absolutely no elusiveness.