PDA

View Full Version : Don't want to nitpick but...

nhpgiantsfan
09-21-2012, 02:14 PM
I found it a little frustrating that we had to settle for 5 field goals. Obviously, I don't care about the last one.

But the way this team was moving the ball last night, to be stopped in the redzone a few times was a little bothersome to me.

Also, is anyone else having trouble trying to figure out after watching last night, if we are that good or is Carolina that bad. Maybe it's a little of both.

Moke
09-21-2012, 02:16 PM
We had a good game while Carolina had a bad game. Our defense came out last night for real, and our offense exploited their defensive weaknesses. This is football, so much parity goes on in the league to be calling 1 team bad or 1 team good.

I'm glad we got the win against a great offensive team.

ryan12
09-21-2012, 02:19 PM
a dominant game and people still "nitpick". we ****ing won the game i dont care if we won 3-0 a w is a w

dave56dj
09-21-2012, 02:20 PM
They just beat NO and cam is very dangerous. Their d is porous and we took full advantage. Why are you still trying to figure out if the SB champs are good? Every time #10 steps on the field you can be sure that the team is good. Oh and JPP is the best defensive player in the game - so you can stop wondering.

GameTime
09-21-2012, 02:21 PM
the best part about the 5 FGs is that they were all made. They only punted 1 and no turnovers. So you come up with 36 points.....that will win you many games in the NFL....

GMan-67
09-21-2012, 02:22 PM
yes, had we gotten 5 TDs instead of 5 FGs, we would have won 56-7, which is what it should have been :)

i thought getting points on our 1st 4 drives was as good of a start and you can hope for ... so X those FGs off the list

the final FG was with Carr in the game, so X that one off the list

the 4th FG came on a nice drive following Carolina's only TD ... it made it, so they would have needed 3 TDs to take the lead

now, i will give you the 3rd FG ... the STs handed us a short field ... Eli had to scramble on 3rd down and slide a couple yards short of a 1st ... it wasnt like we got penalties or didnt gain a yard, but i agree short field ... get the TD

but my point is dont just say 5 FGs, 5 FGs ... what is wrong with us !!! .. you have to take the time to break it all down

burier
09-21-2012, 02:41 PM
I found it a little frustrating that we had to settle for 5 field goals. Obviously, I don't care about the last one.

But the way this team was moving the ball last night, to be stopped in the redzone a few times was a little bothersome to me.

Also, is anyone else having trouble trying to figure out after watching last night, if we are that good or is Carolina that bad. Maybe it's a little of both.

Well again KG just isn't the greatest redzone /fringe redzone playcaller. But Eli mentioned the fgs right after the game so it will be addressed. Also I think we moved the ball so well some of have forgotten that Nicks wasn't playing...he would have helped us punch it in a few more times.

Also I think Carolina was a little flat. I don't think the young team handled the short week properly.

B&RWarrior
09-21-2012, 02:53 PM

I think it's a valid point. Against a better team 5 FG is a problem. I think Carolina is that bad. There record last year is proof of it. To let us open up gapig holes like that made me wondre about the talent level of their line because Dallas basically **** our run game down.

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 02:54 PM

I think it's obviously a bit of both and I wouldn't feel bad about having to "settle" for a 36-7 win.

C'mon man!

SuperNYGiants
09-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Considering we had 3 starters out on offense, I can't complain with the offensive production, the one drive that I really wanted a TD was after the Hosley INT, which then would put the game pretty much out of reach. In the age of Madden football video game generation, too may fans demand TDs on every drive, let's calm down.

Hakeeeem88
09-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Just enjoy the win geez who cares how we do it a win is a win and there not easy to come by in the nfl.

JB456
09-21-2012, 03:32 PM

I was kinda a little annoyed with that as well but once the Giants got a commanding lead, they were running the ball a lot more on first and second down and thus sacrificing points for clock time. I agree with this logic and it is completely sound.

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 03:34 PM

dude, its a little of both. fo' sho'.

we didn't go from getting torched in the secondary by Josh Freeman to awesome in a short week.

nhpgiantsfan
09-21-2012, 03:44 PM
a dominant game and people still "nitpick". we ****ing won the game i dont care if we won 3-0 a w is a w

Ok, I will explain since you fail to understand. It's a non issue for last night, obviously. But when playing a good team, not turning those FG's into TD's could cost us a "W"

JB456
09-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Ok, I will explain since you fail to understand. It's a non issue for last night, obviously. But when playing a good team, not turning those FG's into TD's could cost us a "W"

It could cost us but if the defense steps up like it did at the end of last year, it probably won't.

ryan12
09-21-2012, 03:54 PM

well understand this if we totally didnt dominate them in all aspects of the game and we had to take "risks" we would have turned at least 2 of those fg's into td's but last night we had the luxury of playing safe and putting points on the board

jerseytom
09-21-2012, 04:18 PM
I look at it this way, those field goals are gonna make a big difference when were playing the likes of the Iggles ,and the 49ers in those close games.So as far as im concerned its good practice for Tines who has been very sharp for quite sometime now.This beating of the Panthers is a nice warm up for our team to work on its skills on all sides of the ball,And if nothing else a huge confidence builder for some of the rooks and guys working there way back off injuries.
Let's enjoy the win and on to the next.

fansince69
09-21-2012, 04:22 PM
I think it's a valid point. Against a better team 5 FG is a problem. I think Carolina is that bad. There record last year is proof of it. To let us open up gapig holes like that made me wondre about the talent level of their line because Dallas basically **** our run game down.

^this.....

thomsoad
09-21-2012, 05:03 PM
I thought about it too but then I remembered the obvious:
This is the Giants we are talking about.
They dont like to blow anyone out.
The like close games down to the wire games....Carolina just wouldnt cooperate like TB did.

PRGiant
09-21-2012, 05:32 PM
If we loose against a good team after we score 36, it's not going to be the offense's fault.