PDA

View Full Version : Giants dominate Panthers, 36 - 7

RoanokeFan
09-21-2012, 03:08 PM
http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/5211

Excerpt: "Short work week? Injured starters?

No problem, if you’re the New York Giants, who overcame the loss of running back Ahmad Bradshaw, and receiver Hakeem Nicks and Domenik Hixon en route to a 36-7 win over the Carolina Panthers at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C.

The Giants again turned to running back Andre Brown, a player who was cut seven times in his brief career, and he responded with his first 100-yard performance, averaging 5.7 yards per carry (20 touches for 113 yards) and two touchdowns.

“For Andre to be able to know that he was going to be able to play and not come into a situation thinking he would at best get a few attempts as last week, but to prepare all throughout the week was outstanding,” said head coach Tom Coughlin.

“I m a good football player and just dedicated to being the best I can be,” Brown said when asked what he learned about himself after this week’s showing. “My family had a lot to do with it. They said, ‘You got it and you can go out there and pursue your dream, and if that’s what you want to do, go do it – we’re all behind you. And that’s what I did. Just being patient finally paid off. It’s still a long season, but I’m going to go out there and continue to get better each week.” Read more...