PDA

View Full Version : Eli is just lucky....

BlueJayC
09-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Eli is just lucky........he's sooooo lucky I'm sick of it......he's lucky he got to play on a short week, against a tough opponent in their house against a team who just beat up on NO. He's lucky he got to play behind a make-shift offensive line.......he's lucky that he had a back-up running back in the backfield with him and 3rd and 4th string receivers running routes for him.......just like he was lucky last week coming back in the 4th quarter and just like he was lucky to beat the Pats twice for SB titles.......luck luck luck.......that's all it is.....

Luck is when Opportunity = Preparation.......so yes Eli and the Giants are very lucky......

SweetZombieJesus
09-21-2012, 02:13 PM
See my sig

GameTime
09-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Eli is just lucky........he's sooooo lucky I'm sick of it......he's lucky he got to play on a short week, against a tough opponent in their house against a team who just beat up on NO. He's lucky he got to play behind a make-shift offensive line.......he's lucky that he had a back-up running back in the backfield with him and 3rd and 4th string receivers running routes for him.......just like he was lucky last week coming back in the 4th quarter and just like he was lucky to beat the Pats twice for SB titles.......luck luck luck.......that's all it is.....

Luck is when Opportunity = Preparation.......so yes Eli and the Giants are very lucky......
you're just figuring this out now???..:cool:

nygfanmaybe
09-21-2012, 02:24 PM
I was watching yet another show about Tebow, and during that show Steve Young was talking about how fortunate he was to have been able to play on the platform that the Niners provided for him. So, with that in mind, I would say that Eli is very lucky he is playing in NY and not San Diego.

TheAnalyst
09-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Luck is having Peyton Manning for 13 years, then having one bad year and drafting a Peyton Manning clone, whose name happens to be Luck.

Kruunch
09-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Wait ... doesn't Luck play on the Colts?

GameTime
09-21-2012, 02:33 PM
I was watching yet another show about Tebow, and during that show Steve Young was talking about how fortunate he was to have been able to play on the platform that the Niners provided for him. So, with that in mind, I would say that Eli is very lucky he is playing in NY and not San Diego.
its not lucky it was his choice......

nygon3
09-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Haters gonna hate... I love that quote every time I hear it " luck= opportunity + preparation, I was quite nervous about having 4 offensive starters out. I prayed hard and we persevered in stunning fashion and stomped the panthers out in their own house. Man it feels good to be a Giants fan.

GMenNY21
09-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Luck is having Peyton Manning for 13 years, then having one bad year and drafting a Peyton Manning clone, whose name happens to be Luck.LOL

Giantterp
09-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Who says Eli is lucky anymore? Everyone i talk to or hear on the radio/TV now calls him one of the top 5 QB's in the league.

ryan12
09-21-2012, 04:12 PM
im lucky to be a giants fan

Eli TO Shockey
09-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Who says Eli is lucky anymore? Everyone i talk to or hear on the radio/TV now calls him one of the top 5 QB's in the league.

the lucky superbowl chatter still continues. Tyree catch, welker non catch.etc....have you ever heard the brilliance of skip bayliss? :cool:

Eli TO Shockey
09-21-2012, 04:13 PM

darn skippy. As a Knicks/Mets fan, I know too well what it feels like being on the other side.

BuffyBlueII
09-21-2012, 04:29 PM
We are all very lucky that Eli Manning is playing QB for NY Giants.

Laurah1275
09-21-2012, 04:53 PM
you're just figuring this out now???..:cool:Must be from the horseshoe his brother stuck up his *ss long ago.

Laurah1275
09-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Seriously, what has that man got to do to stop this bs?

Harooni
09-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Luck is being born into a family worth many millions of dollars, Luck is having your jobs handed to you because of nepotism. Luck is having your father orchestrate a good team for you to play on. Luck is having many starts to prove yourself. Luck is timely would be Int's dropped. Luck is the guy who replaced his brother.

Eli is lucky in many ways, but winning games and sb's is not Luck. He proved that

Mohann
09-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Luck is being born into a family worth many millions of dollars, Luck is having your jobs handed to you because of nepotism. Luck is having your father orchestrate a good team for you to play on. Luck is having many starts to prove yourself. Luck is timely would be Int's dropped. Luck is the guy who replaced his brother.

Eli is lucky in many ways, but winning games and sb's is not Luck. He proved that

Eli is his own man, I don't believe it was daddy making the decisions.

In Eli's second year he showed he's be a very good QB, you just refused to see it and harped on every mistake while glossing over the mistakes of those you compare him too. He deserved the starts.

He got the starting job not because of nepotism but because Warner was being indecisive and holding the ball to long and our oline couldn't give him that time.

Eli's greatness was apparent shortly after Shockey went down, you just refuse to see it.

Harooni
09-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Eli is his own man, I don't believe it was daddy making the decisions.

In Eli's second year he showed he's be a very good QB, you just refused to see it and harped on every mistake while glossing over the mistakes of those you compare him too. He deserved the starts.

He got the starting job not because of nepotism but because Warner was being indecisive and holding the ball to long and our oline couldn't give him that time.

Eli's greatness was apparent shortly after Shockey went down, you just refuse to see it.

it would make sense if he didnt have exact mirror stats of rex grossman 2005 season. The fact is eli's last name and potential of that and of course 50mill roookie contract keeps one a starter and one sent to the bench.

But i do agree it payed off and Eli did develop.

woocrew
09-21-2012, 05:18 PM

AAAAmen

Mohann
09-21-2012, 05:40 PM
it would make sense if he didnt have exact mirror stats of rex grossman 2005 season. The fact is eli's last name and potential of that and of course 50mill roookie contract keeps one a starter and one sent to the bench.

But i do agree it payed off and Eli did develop.

If all you look at are the stats then yes, Eli and Rex were comparable, Eli was running the more difficult offense, and had to pamper the egos of existing stars like Tiki, Shockey and Plax. It's no coincidence all of his "growth spurts" happened after losing an ego. Imagine how much easier Eli's life became after he didn't have to deal with Shockey's antics in the huddle and head case mistakes. When the receivers worked with him (I don't mean Burris, he was a star and worked out on the beach) and ran the right routes Eli improved? Nope, his biggest mistake as a NY Giant was coddleing the bloated egos, and expecting them to act like men. Eli wasn't the comical leader, Tiki was.

NoHuddle10
09-21-2012, 05:43 PM
If all you look at are the stats then yes, Eli and Rex were comparable, Eli was running the more difficult offense, and had to pamper the egos of existing stars like Tiki, Shockey and Plax. It's no coincidence all of his "growth spurts" happened after losing an ego. Imagine how much easier Eli's life became after he didn't have to deal with Shockey's antics in the huddle and head case mistakes. When the receivers worked with him (I don't mean Burris, he was a star and worked out on the beach) and ran the right routes Eli improved? Nope, his biggest mistake as a NY Giant was coddleing the bloated egos, and expecting them to act like men. Eli wasn't the comical leader, Tiki was.

Spot on with this one. Rex NEVER showed the ability to take over a game or pick apart defenses single handidly. Rex just had a big arm, got big leads, hit some deep balls early in one season. Eli since the last game his rookie year and second year on has shown that when his receivers are on the same page as him, he can do something not many in the history of the sport could. Pick apart defenses all by himself.

Tmurda1984
09-21-2012, 06:40 PM

No I wouldnt say that....Eli Manning would of been successful no matter where he was drafted. Ernie Acorsi made the right move getting us that Franchise QB with the right personality for NY, the durability, and a student of the game. Eli Manning brought this franchise back to the promise land. Eli would of definitely been successful in the AFC West, warm weather and playing against the Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs 6 times a year is easy as pie. Eli could win the division with an 8-8 record and get hot in the playoffs, and Rivers always choke in the playoffs.

GameTime
09-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Luck is being born into a family worth many millions of dollars,
Luck is having your jobs handed to you because of nepotism. Luck is having your father orchestrate a good team for you to play on. Luck is having many starts to prove yourself. Luck is timely would be Int's dropped. Luck is the guy who replaced his brother.

You're such a ****** sometimes man.....
There are many many rich and miserable people. I would say he was lucky he was born into a good stable family.
You dont think Peyton and Eli were good enough in college to get on an NFL team?? They needed nepotism??
Dont' most good parents help their kids with life changing decisions? Eli was only 21 not like he was 30 year old man.
He won the SB with the Giants in 4 season. Thats not that long to wait.
Yeah....he is the only QB to have potential picks dropped.....

you agree he paid off but you still have to be a jerk about it.....

ashleymarie
09-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Seriously, what has that man got to do to stop this bs?

Ride it to the ground and walk away unscathed. Seriously I think Eli can't stop the bs. I think what others say about him is not in his arena. You notice how the talking heads aren't so talky with Eli sitting right there in front of them. They know Eli heard every word they said and he is right there amongst them looking them straight in the eyes. But Eli is not hanging his head.

derekunion28
09-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Luck is having Peyton Manning for 13 years, then having one bad year and drafting a Peyton Manning clone, whose name happens to be Luck.lmao

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 09:31 PM
what? grossman didnt have as good a 2005 IIRC n eli was basically still a rookie anyways. eli had a great 2005, led us to the playoffs, like 3700 yds, 25 tds and 14 ints IIRC something like that...

nycisgreat
09-21-2012, 10:03 PM
Luck is having Peyton Manning for 13 years, then having one bad year and drafting a Peyton Manning clone, whose name happens to be Luck.

That was put together nicely.

Giantterp
09-21-2012, 10:55 PM
the lucky superbowl chatter still continues. Tyree catch, welker non catch.etc....have you ever heard the brilliance of skip bayliss? :cool:

Yes, but I don't count him...Its amazing that people are dumb enough to listen to what he says. It obvious that he just spews things to stir controversy and try to make himself relevant. Overall, I think Eli is now getting the respect he deserves-finally! That's all I was saying.

rebelfan1966
09-21-2012, 10:57 PM
I still get tickled thinking back on all the Eli debates we have had on this board since he joined the team. I am also happy to say, time has proven I was on the winning side of those debates : )

gumby74
09-21-2012, 11:21 PM
I still get tickled thinking back on all the Eli debates we have had on this board since he joined the team. I am also happy to say, time has proven I was on the winning side of those debates : )

The argument was not that Eli would never be as good as he is now, but that he wasn't as good as some of you made him out to be - at that particular moment in time. So time hasn't proven anything.

G-MENBK
09-21-2012, 11:30 PM
The argument was not that Eli would never be as good as he is now, but that he wasn't as good as some of you made him out to be - at that particular moment in time. So time hasn't proven anything.

I don't know. I was away for a little while from these boards and some people wanted either Eli to be run out of town or his head on a platter.

You know, the usual from NY fans. Still not a surprise that the Giants play better on the road than they do at home.

gumby74
09-21-2012, 11:36 PM
I don't know. I was away for a little while from these boards and some people wanted either Eli to be run out of town or his head on a platter.

You know, the usual from NY fans. Still not a surprise that the Giants play better on the road than they do at home.

Well, i do forget that some posters didn't know the difference between trolls and those that don't have blue blinders on 24/7. There's a stark difference between the statement "Eli sucks and needs to be traded" and "Thus far, Eli is an above average QB.". But they somehow got lumped together.

G-MENBK
09-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Well, i do forget that some posters didn't know the difference between trolls and those that don't have blue blinders on 24/7. There's a stark difference between the statement "Eli sucks and needs to be traded" and "Thus far, Eli is an above average QB.". But they somehow got lumped together.

Hey, I was critical of Eli back then too. However, the overall mood back then was just...depressing, and I'm sorry, but it sounded like the trolls were in the majority.

Then again, I wonder what were to happen if the Giants lost 3 or 4 more games this season.

giantsfan420
09-21-2012, 11:54 PM
complete revisionist history by gumby as usual...ok. you weren't wrong about eli, you were somehow actually right...lol. and this place pre sb run 07 was full of ppl who wanted eli gone ASAP. u can tell who the loudest were tho bc that mentality is still there it just manifested into revionist history combined with always moving the goal posts away from eli

Mohann
09-22-2012, 12:18 AM
complete revisionist history by gumby as usual...ok. you weren't wrong about eli, you were somehow actually right...lol. and this place pre sb run 07 was full of ppl who wanted eli gone ASAP. u can tell who the loudest were tho bc that mentality is still there it just manifested into revionist history combined with always moving the goal posts away from eli

Agreed 100%
Off the top of my head, Eli isn't tough enough to play a whole season, and he doesn't have the personality to lead are two of the BS things said about him. so this here

"The argument was not that Eli would never be as good as he is now, but that he wasn't as good as some of you made him out to be - at that particular moment in time. So time hasn't proven anything."

Is complete BS. Many on here said he'd be a complete failure up until the first SB win and after said is the D that carries Eli, even though out defense has been mostly average since he's been here. Sometimes good, but never great. The D owes as much to Eli as he does to them, maybe more after last year. So, if you want, don't man up and admit you were wrong, but don't expect me to put up with this BS every day.

Harooni
09-22-2012, 12:57 AM
The argument was not that Eli would never be as good as he is now, but that he wasn't as good as some of you made him out to be - at that particular moment in time. So time hasn't proven anything. this is exactly what it was. Fans giving accolades before it happened. ok good call , he did turn out to be very good if not great. but at least let it happen then declare it.

Mohann
09-22-2012, 01:25 AM
this is exactly what it was. Fans giving accolades before it happened. ok good call , he did turn out to be very good if not great. but at least let it happen then declare it.

So when you said that Eli was to skinny and fragile to be a NFL QB you were right then? And afterward he became tougher and we were right? And his personality would never let him be a leader, did his personality change or is he not a good leader? Man up dude. You bashed him with BS reasons before it happened, just give one true compliment to Eli, not qualified by anything. You owe him.

Harooni
09-22-2012, 01:48 AM
So when you said that Eli was to skinny and fragile to be a NFL QB you were right then? And afterward he became tougher and we were right? And his personality would never let him be a leader, did his personality change or is he not a good leader? Man up dude. You bashed him with BS reasons before it happened, just give one true compliment to Eli, not qualified by anything. You owe him.

no not true, i saw it as it was at the time, for example he had a zero rating one game his rookie year , now of course i pointed out how horrid he was, but then eli homers said oh he wasnt bad it was this and that and the rest of the team blah blah blah excuse excuse. now if you guys would have said yeah he sucked today but will get better with time that would be one thing, but to deny he had a horrid game and throw other giants under the bus bothered some of us.

for the record i personally never called him a bust or too skinny and frail. i did say he was sort of goofy and waterboy-ish and scared to take a hit ,would shy away from contact and that we would never win a SB with him.(which i ate crow in 07 and said i was wrong) and i a few times said maybe he will be good in 6 seasons or so and i did not want to wait that long with guys like tiki and strahan ready to go to the SB then.

i still think we had a shot in 04, and before you all say no , lets remind you our record last season was 9-7

giantsfan420
09-22-2012, 02:55 AM
lmfao.complete revisionist history bs. as someone who has been here long enough, harooni absolutely was one of the loudest when it came to dislike of eli and wanting him gone ASAP and how badly SD burned us on the trade...and u absolutely described him as a bust.

but yeah, "we cant admit he had a bad game when he had a qb rating of 0" lmfao...

Captain Chaos
09-22-2012, 06:51 AM
LMFAO, nicely said!

Mohann
09-22-2012, 07:38 AM
no not true, i saw it as it was at the time, for example he had a zero rating one game his rookie year , now of course i pointed out how horrid he was, but then eli homers said oh he wasnt bad it was this and that and the rest of the team blah blah blah excuse excuse. now if you guys would have said yeah he sucked today but will get better with time that would be one thing, but to deny he had a horrid game and throw other giants under the bus bothered some of us.

for the record i personally never called him a bust or too skinny and frail. i did say he was sort of goofy and waterboy-ish and scared to take a hit ,would shy away from contact and that we would never win a SB with him.(which i ate crow in 07 and said i was wrong) and i a few times said maybe he will be good in 6 seasons or so and i did not want to wait that long with guys like tiki and strahan ready to go to the SB then.

i still think we had a shot in 04, and before you all say no , lets remind you our record last season was 9-7

We didn't have a shot. Warner never had the ability to do what Eli did in 07 and 11. He doesn't have the clutch gene, and you have to have it to make your teammates better. You'll say it was the D carrying Eli, but our D has been mostly average since Eli has been here. I guess what I'm saying is with Eli we don't the greatest show on turf, he can make next man up work. Most QBs can't do that at all, and none can lift a team like Eli.

And you did say he was too fragile and wouldn't stand up to the NFL pounding, and did call him a bust, in your passive aggressive way. "Yeah I like Eli but I just don't think he can take the pounding of a NFL season. I don't think he'll do well in this league Blah, blah, blah."

Once again. You have been completely wrong on Eli, so man up.

BurnerNYG
09-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Warner played in 3 Superbowls... what do you mean he doesn't have a clutch gene? How old are you... 15? I'm obviously not throwing Eli under the bus and I'm sure Harooni, myself and anybody else who criticized him is absolutely thrilled that they were wrong about him. Go find a new argument... nobody on this board has anything bad to say about Manning.

Mohann
09-22-2012, 08:00 AM
The 0 passer rating game is a good example. You looked at Eli with your biased glasses and only saw the numbers. It was his first or second game and the Ravens were brutally good on D and all over him. You should have considered it non representative because only God could have done well with that oline that day vs that team, but no, as far as you're concerned it was all Eli and all he would ever be. You look at numbers to judge Eli, but his strength is his intangibles so you'll never get him. Your loss. You said he'd need 6yrs to be good enough to win a SB, he did it in 3 and if the Egos on the team had acted like mature adults it may not have taken that long. His 2007 season may have been much better if Shockey had gone down earlier. Who need a 265lbs screaming blond jackass in the huddle? What QB wants a TE that runs poor routes and freelances. Shockey and Plax, with their freelancing hurt Eli's development. They wanted to play street ball and Eli was trying to run a complex, strictly controlled offense. That leads to ints that you're all to happy to blame on Eli. You can't throw to a spot if the receiver isn't going to run the right route. It wasn't that Eli greatness wasn't apparent, you just refused to see it.

Mohann
09-22-2012, 08:09 AM
Warner played in 3 Superbowls... what do you mean he doesn't have a clutch gene? How old are you... 15? I'm obviously not throwing Eli under the bus and I'm sure Harooni, myself and anybody else who criticized him is absolutely thrilled that they were wrong about him. Go find a new argument... nobody on this board has anything bad to say about Manning.

Warner did it with a great supporting cast. They didn't get down in games or in the season. It's a different kind of leadership that can pick up a team when everything is going bad. Warner was great, and clutch, but not to the lvl that Eli is. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word clutch before. Warner did well in the high pressure situations, but not the hopeless ones. He wouldn't have been able to get a 7-7 team righted. Oh and i'm 47, and Manning gets more crap than he deserves every day here, and the things i'm quoting were said here by many. Giants420 backed me up. And I'll believe Harooni is thrilled to be wrong when he can make a compliment to Eli without a qualifier or it being backhanded in some way.

BurnerNYG
09-22-2012, 08:21 AM
My son was born that weekend when we played the Ravens and that was like Eli's 3rd or 4th game. Eli got benched and Warner took the team right down the field and scored. Are you a Giants fan or just an Eli fan? Eli played great that year against Pittsburgh and The Dallas game showed his real potential. He carried that level of play on to the next season with a playoff appearance and a memorable regular season come from behind win against The Broncos.

Some fans actually believed that the defense was the main reason behind our SB win in 07. Eli was very streaky then but only a real hater will deny that he was lights out during that playoff run. Me personally, I liked Eli but that Philly losing streak had me feeling some kind of way about him. That fumble without being touched and that Miracle at the Meadowlands nonsense had me almost ready to go find a new team(obvIously I dIdn't... just had some harsh words for em). My hatred for the Eagles and missing the playoffs two years in a row got the best of me. I guess I love my team too much.

Mohann
09-22-2012, 08:34 AM
My son was born that weekend when we played the Ravens and that was like Eli's 3rd or 4th game. Eli got benched and Warner took the team right down theffield. Are you a Giants fan or just an Eli fan? Eli played great that year against Pittsburgh and The Dallas game showed his real potential. He carried that level of play on to the next season with a playoff appearance and a memorable regular season come from behind win against The Broncos.

Some fans actually believed that the defense was the main reason behind our SB win in 07. Eli was very streaky then but only a real hater will deny that he was lights out during that playoff run. Me personally, I liked Eli but that Philly losing streak had me feeling some kind of way about him. That fumble without being touched and that Miracle at the Meadowlands nonsense had me almost ready to go find a new team(obvIously I dIdn't... just had some harsh words for em). My hatred for the Eagles and missing the playoffs two years in a row got the best of me. I guess I love my team too much.

You're right I didn't remember Warner taking the Giants down the field. But Eli was under pressure and the game was decided by the time Warner came in. It was a garbage time drive. And the D was great in 2007, not so much in 2011. The point I was making is the D is talked about like we're the best in the league every year and that's why Eli wins. That's not true, he pulls his weight and some times extra for the D. One more thing, I've been a Giants fan since 1975, I remember the 0-9 start in 1976, so you're a jackass for questioning my team loyalty.

TheEnigma
09-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Warner did it with a great supporting cast. They didn't get down in games or in the season. It's a different kind of leadership that can pick up a team when everything is going bad. Warner was great, and clutch, but not to the lvl that Eli is. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word clutch before. Warner did well in the high pressure situations, but not the hopeless ones. He wouldn't have been able to get a 7-7 team righted. Oh and i'm 47, and Manning gets more crap than he deserves every day here, and the things i'm quoting were said here by many. Giants420 backed me up. And I'll believe Harooni is thrilled to be wrong when he can make a compliment to Eli without a qualifier or it being backhanded in some way.

That Cardinals team he led to the 08 Superbowl was 9-7 just like 2011 Giants. He just happened to come across a really good Steelers team with a phenomenal defense and a QB who almost had 3 rings. Considering Warner was an UDFA, I think he's exceeded expectations tenfold. Warner was a fine QB but was a better fit with the Cardinals as we all know now. I think things worked out great for both QBs. Concerning Harooni, part of the reason he is so "hard" on Eli is because people here are way too sensitive when it comes to criticism regarding our QB. He's been getting dogged on for years and even though he's pretty much praised across most of the league, people still perceive one or two detractors as "Eli doesn't get enough respect".

Example being Mike Mayock (Who is slightly Pro-Giants) said Eli wasn't athletic and now people think he hates Eli and has an obsession with Cam. People are just way too adamant about defending Eli over the smallest of things at times.

BurnerNYG
09-22-2012, 08:48 AM
You're right I didn't remember Warner taking the Giants down the field. But Eli was under pressure and the game was decided by the time Warner came in. It was a garbage time drive. And the D was great in 2007, not so much in 2011. The point I was making is the D is talked about like we're the best in the league every year and that's why Eli wins. That's not true, he pulls his weight and some times extra for the D. One more thing, I've been a Giants fan since 1975, I remember the 0-9 start in 1976, so you're a jackass for questioning my team loyalty.Calm down, no need to call names. Read TheEnigma's post... that's pretty much all it in a nutshell.

SiddFinch1
09-22-2012, 08:52 AM
Well he won the genetic lottery.

Mohann
09-22-2012, 09:00 AM
That Cardinals team he led to the 08 Superbowl was 9-7 just like 2011 Giants. He just happened to come across a really good Steelers team with a phenomenal defense and a QB who almost had 3 rings. Considering Warner was an UDFA, I think he's exceeded expectations tenfold. Warner was a fine QB but was a better fit with the Cardinals as we all know now. I think things worked out great for both QBs. Concerning Harooni, part of the reason he is so "hard" on Eli is because people here are way too sensitive when it comes to criticism regarding our QB. He's been getting dogged on for years and even though he's pretty much praised across most of the league, people still perceive one or two detractors as "Eli doesn't get enough respect".

Example being Mike Mayock (Who is slightly Pro-Giants) said Eli wasn't athletic and now people think he hates Eli and has an obsession with Cam. People are just way too adamant about defending Eli over the smallest of things at times.

Warner did a great job getting a terrible Cardinal team there, but lost to a Steeler team that was good but not great. They might have been the 2 worst SB teams in 1 game. Eli took a good Giant team and stopped a 16-0 monster.

Were you on the boards from 2004 to 2007? Harooni was one of the worst Eli bashers. He's hard on him because he still hates him. Never once a compliment to Eli that wasn't backhanded or with a qualifier. His favorite player, Tiki hated Eli. He blames Eli for Warner not sticking.
Harooni is metrosexual (not trying to be insulting, I imagine Harooni is well groomed and stylish and am pretty sure he's said it.) and Eli is goofy and country. Eli has no style or flash and I think this bothers Harooni

Mohann
09-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Calm down, no need to call names. Read TheEnigma's post... that's pretty much all it in a nutshell.

I'm calm, I just thought after you called me 15 and then questioned my loyalty I should put you in your place.

TheEnigma
09-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Warner did a great job getting a terrible Cardinal team there, but lost to a Steeler team that was good but not great. They might have been the 2 worst SB teams in 1 game. Eli took a good Giant team and stopped a 16-0 monster.

Were you on the boards from 2004 to 2007? Harooni was one of the worst Eli bashers. He's hard on him because he still hates him. Never once a compliment to Eli that wasn't backhanded or with a qualifier. His favorite player, Tiki hated Eli. He blames Eli for Warner not sticking.
Harooni is metrosexual (not trying to be insulting, I imagine Harooni is well groomed and stylish and am pretty sure he's said it.) and Eli is goofy and country. Eli has no style or flash and I think this bothers Harooni

Depends on how you view teams. The 09 Saints and Colts weren't really that great when you broke down the rosters but just happened to have two likely HoFers playing QB that had excellent seasons. The Saints entered that game with a good defensive gameplan and because Peyton was flustered, the Colts were helpless most of the time on offense. I see them in the same light as last year's 15-1 Packers: An ok roster that is being propped up by stellar QB play.

I lurked for around a year before my join date. Maybe it's because of my experience on other message boards outside of football but I learned that Harooni shouldn't be taken as serious as people take him at times. He says a good amount of the things he does because he knows he will get responses based on his controversial opinions and just being Harooni. Once you realize that majority of his Tiki statements and Eli "bashing" is just to poke fun at sensitivities, he's actually an enjoyable person to watch post. I suppose it's an acquired taste that some will never get and that's perfectly fine either way.

nygfanmaybe
09-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Once you realize that majority of his Tiki statements and Eli "bashing" is just to poke fun at sensitivities, he's actually an enjoyable person to watch post. I suppose it's an acquired taste that some will never get and that's perfectly fine either way.

I'm sure the trolls love him. Everything you said is accurate, however. In 2004 it was shocking. Today...stale.

Mohann
09-22-2012, 09:18 AM
Depends on how you view teams. The 09 Saints and Colts weren't really that great when you broke down the rosters but just happened to have two likely HoFers playing QB that had excellent seasons. The Saints entered that game with a good defensive gameplan and because Peyton was flustered, the Colts were helpless most of the time on offense. I see them in the same light as last year's 15-1 Packers: An ok roster that is being propped up by stellar QB play.

I lurked for around a year before my join date. Maybe it's because of my experience on other message boards outside of football but I learned that Harooni shouldn't be taken as serious as people take him at times. He says a good amount of the things he does because he knows he will get responses based on his controversial opinions and just being Harooni. Once you realize that majority of his Tiki statements and Eli "bashing" is just to poke fun at sensitivities, he's actually an enjoyable person to watch post. I suppose it's an acquired taste that some will never get and that's perfectly fine either way.

Most of the time I ignore Harooni, but every once in a while... lol. If you're going to poke the bear don't be mad if you get poked back. And shouldn't what you said about Harooni go to Eli homers? Maybe they shouldn't be taken as seriously? This is THE Giants website. If you can't come here to be an unabashed homer where should you go?

GameTime
09-22-2012, 09:25 AM

while that may be true there is an element of what he really says in everything he posts. He may exagerate it to get un the skin of some and he has gotten under mine just look back a few pages in this thread. But as you said this is a message board and should be treated as such. However as a fans we protect our team and what we think of that team or individuals......human nature.

TheEnigma
09-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Most of the time I ignore Harooni, but every once in a while... lol. If you're going to poke the bear don't be mad if you get poked back. And shouldn't what you said about Harooni go to Eli homers? Maybe they shouldn't be taken as seriously? This is THE Giants website. If you can't come here to be an unabashed homer where should you go?

Perhaps but are the homers really just joking? Most of them have a very dry sense of humor I find to ever be in a joking mood. I never really got why you would WANT to be a homer personally. It's not meant as an endearing title because it basically says you leave out logic when you make positive statements about the team. Maybe I just have a different definition of what a homer is.

yatitle
09-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Listen in the words of Denny Green, if "Harooni is who were thought he was" then he must be loving multiple pages of threads psycho analyzing his posts. Thank you Al Gore for inventing the internet and all the entertainment it brings,

TheEnigma
09-22-2012, 09:38 AM
while that may be true there is an element of what he really says in everything he posts. He may exagerate it to get un the skin of some and he has gotten under mine just look back a few pages in this thread. But as you said this is a message board and should be treated as such. However as a fans we protect our team and what we think of that team or individuals......human nature.

It's just a matter of knowing when to pick your battles. Some people are deadset in their opinions whether it's right or wrong and it's up to you to decide if it's worth the time debating a topic of discussion with them. If I don't think I can have even a 1% chance to sway your opinion or at least get you to see it from another perspective, why bother?

Mohann
09-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Perhaps but are the homers really just joking? Most of them have a very dry sense of humor I find to ever be in a joking mood. I never really got why you would WANT to be a homer personally. It's not meant as an endearing title because it basically says you leave out logic when you make positive statements about the team. Maybe I just have a different definition of what a homer is.

I don't find Harooni very funny either. He did have one thread with the pic from the Eagles game, Eli's rookie year. The pic where Eli is getting crushed, and he said this is the only impact Eli will have this year. That was funny. Truth is most of the people who post don't go over the top. This week is a bad example, but Eli did have a monster 4 days. Being a homer doesn't mean you leave out logic, it means you harp on the positives and hope for the best. A week ago, if you said Brown was going to have 113yds and 2 tds, you'd have been called a homer. If you said Barden would have 9 catches for 138yds you're a homer. Eli haveing a 510 yds passing game? Only a homer would think that. Only the biggest homer in the world could have predicted Cruz. So sit there and call me a homer. Tell me all about what can't be. Harp on the negatives if you want. They'll be a passing thought to me. Remembered but not dwelt on. I'll believe in the team.

GameTime
09-22-2012, 09:46 AM
It's just a matter of knowing when to pick your battles. Some people are deadset in their opinions whether it's right or wrong and it's up to you to decide if it's worth the time debating a topic of discussion with them. If I don't think I can have even a 1% chance to sway your opinion or at least get you to see it from another perspective, why bother?
agreed and normally I dont get "into it" with anybody on these boards. I certainly have my opinion but I dont try and convince anybody that my veiw point is right I just try to convince them that "other" veiw points may have merrit and most times there is a grey area. Very rarely is anything black or white.

Joe Morrison
09-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Eli is lucky that he puts in the work to study the opposing team and work with his players, no matter who they are to make sure they are prepared to go out and be their best. I think all that lucky hard work is his lucky charm.

TheEnigma
09-22-2012, 09:50 AM
I don't find Harooni very funny either. He did have one thread with the pic from the Eagles game, Eli's rookie year. The pic where Eli is getting crushed, and he said this is the only impact Eli will have this year. That was funny. Truth is most of the people who post don't go over the top. This week is a bad example, but Eli did have a monster 4 days. Being a homer doesn't mean you leave out logic, it means you harp on the positives and hope for the best. A week ago, if you said Brown was going to have 113yds and 2 tds, you'd have been called a homer. If you said Barden would have 9 catches for 138yds you're a homer. Eli haveing a 510 yds passing game? Only a homer would think that. Only the biggest homer in the world could have predicted Cruz. So sit there and call me a homer. Tell me all about what can't be. Harp on the negatives if you want. They'll be a passing thought to me. Remembered but not dwelt on. I'll believe in the team.

Andre Brown's performance wasn't really all that homerish to predict. The Panthers have always been horrible at stopping the run but I'll give you the Barden call. Majority of the people making predictions never give concrete reasons why they believe these things other than blind faith in their team. That's fine by me if you go by that line of thinking but it's a really hit or miss way of going about things. It's a fantastic feeling when you get guys like Cruz busting out but then you have your Moss's and Sintims that just flat out fail. I think some people (including myself) want reasons for why predictions are going to happen outside of "because we're the Giants".

Joe Morrison
09-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Andre Brown's performance wasn't really all that homerish to predict. The Panthers have always been horrible at stopping the run but I'll give you the Barden call. Majority of the people making predictions never give concrete reasons why they believe these things other than blind faith in their team. That's fine by me if you go by that line of thinking but it's a really hit or miss way of going about things. It's a fantastic feeling when you get guys like Cruz busting out but then you have your Moss's and Sintims that just flat out fail. I think some people (including myself) want reasons for why predictions are going to happen outside of "because we're the Giants".
Buddy, are you coming in under an alias? After the Dallas game I was frustrated with Bradshaw and his jitterbugging style, when Brown came in he shows that you pick your spot and run down hill and it's worked 2 weeks in a row for him, maybe it's helped the O Line that he is making quick decesions and hitting them hard, but overall we are seeing some real production in the running game, Eagle game should be a real test, but for now give credit where credits due, he's racking up the yards.

Mohann
09-22-2012, 10:03 AM

Then ask them their reasons. Laugh at them if they don't have any. But don't make definitive statements like "Cruz will never be any good" because you never know. And a week ago, before the TB game, predicting Brown, would have been homerish. I always gave my reasons for supporting Eli and I've been right about him. So go ahead, call me a homer.

TheEnigma
09-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Buddy, are you coming in under an alias? After the Dallas game I was frustrated with Bradshaw and his jitterbugging style, when Brown came in he shows that you pick your spot and run down hill and it's worked 2 weeks in a row for him, maybe it's helped the O Line that he is making quick decesions and hitting them hard, but overall we are seeing some real production in the running game, Eagle game should be a real test, but for now give credit where credits due, he's racking up the yards.

Eh? I don't see how I'm not giving him his due. I'm just saying that predicting Brown to have a good game against the Panthers wasn't as farfetched as some people might believe. He's been a huge breath of fresh air for us and the talent has always been there but it was a matter of staying healthy and moving up the depth chart.

TheEnigma
09-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Then ask them their reasons. Laugh at them if they don't have any. But don't make definitive statements like "Cruz will never be any good" because you never know. And a week ago, before the TB game, predicting Brown, would have been homerish. I always gave my reasons for supporting Eli and I've been right about him. So go ahead, call me a homer.

Not sure if you are talking to me directly with that last statement but I've already said that if your sole reason is blind faith alone, then you will be labeled a homer for it. I was one of the few people who actually liked the JPP pick because of the combination of his athleticism and going to a franchise known for rushing the passer but I don't see the need to be snide about it like some people (not you) get when they are correct about their predictions. And to be fair, I'm not going to ask 15 separate people why they think things lol. Just too much for one plate.

Mohann
09-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Not sure if you are talking to me directly with that last statement but I've already said that if your sole reason is blind faith alone, then you will be labeled a homer for it. I was one of the few people who actually liked the JPP pick because of the combination of his athleticism and going to a franchise known for rushing the passer but I don't see the need to be snide about it like some people (not you) get when they are correct about their predictions. And to be fair, I'm not going to ask 15 separate people why they think things lol. Just too much for one plate.

I can't be snide about my opinions of talent. I wanted George Rogers over LT. I thought Banks was a pad pick because we had LBs. I forget who I wanted instead, but he was worthless. I loved the Dayne and Wheatley picks, hated Nicks and JPP. The more I hate a draft pick the better I know he'll be. We had a very good draft this year, I hated it. I stopped taking my opinion seriously before this millenium started and don't let my initial opinion cloud my judgement of a player for his career. None of us has any real knowledge of the team. We don't know the play calls or responsibilities. So our reasons are worthless anyway. All of our uninformed uneducated opinions piles together are meaningless. Why is being positive bad?

BurnerNYG
09-22-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm calm, I just thought after you called me 15 and then questioned my loyalty I should put you in your place.Good job putting me in my place. I feel really low... man.

gumby74
09-22-2012, 01:28 PM

Short of obvious trolls, I can't think of a single person still here that wanted him gone ASAP pre 2007. Your problem is the emotional attachment you have towards Eli is so strong, you blow everything out of proportion. Thus, you would lump those that might have thought Rivers/Ben was better than Eli along with those that thought Eli needed to be traded. Two very different view points my friend.

It's all or nothing for Eli fan boys. Either you think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, or you're on the dark side of the force.

The problem is that some how fan boys think they were "right" this entire time. Unfortunately, the argument was never that he will never be great. Just that he wasn't at the time.

gumby74
09-22-2012, 01:38 PM
agreed and normally I dont get "into it" with anybody on these boards. I certainly have my opinion but I dont try and convince anybody that my veiw point is right I just try to convince them that "other" veiw points may have merrit and most times there is a grey area. Very rarely is anything black or white.

Spot on. Agree to disagree, but don't write off the other "side" as nonsense.

giantsfan420
09-22-2012, 02:06 PM
has zero to do with any attachment to eli or being a fanboy or whatever bs revionist history u wish to recreate. pre the 07 sb run, strong majority here felt he was overrated, was a huge failure of a trade, we'd never win a SB, that we should bring in competition to see who shuld start and yes, a ton of ppl wanted him gone.
dont know if u wanted him gone or not, dont care really to discuss it anymore. its irrelevant. no offense and not necessarily intended at u, but it always seems to me that when comments r made like the ones u made as an example, they are made so the person can try and believe their revisionist history is accurate and that theyre trying to prove to themselves they werent completely clueless, just my opinion tho. as i said, off it. "elis lucky" lol

gumby74
09-22-2012, 02:21 PM
has zero to do with any attachment to eli or being a fanboy or whatever bs revionist history u wish to recreate. pre the 07 sb run, strong majority here felt he was overrated, was a huge failure of a trade, we'd never win a SB, that we should bring in competition to see who shuld start and yes, a ton of ppl wanted him gone.
dont know if u wanted him gone or not, dont care really to discuss it anymore. its irrelevant. no offense and not necessarily intended at u, but it always seems to me that when comments r made like the ones u made as an example, they are made so the person can try and believe their revisionist history is accurate and that theyre trying to prove to themselves they werent completely clueless, just my opinion tho. as i said, off it. "elis lucky" lol

And a good majority of them were obvious trolls. But then again, Giggles made the entire board look stupid. So maybe I'm expecting a bit much.

Are you trying to lump the bolded section together? That's exactly what I'm talking about. Feeling that he was over-rated or that Eli was not as good as X QB is not on the same level as saying that we should get rid of him.

fansince69
09-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Eli must be a great athlete..I have seen him start lawn mowers with his mind,make a cat jump into his arms and stop the rain....how can he not be a great athlete?

gumby74
09-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Eli must be a great athlete..I have seen him start lawn mowers with his mind,make a cat jump into his arms and stop the rain....how can he not be a great athlete? wrong thread dude ;):popcorn:

fansince69
09-22-2012, 02:25 PM
wrong thread dude ;):popcorn:

sorry was reading the other one must have switched just as the commercial came on and it seemed to fit...lol

Mohann
09-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Eli must be a great athlete..I have seen him start lawn mowers with his mind,make a cat jump into his arms and stop the rain....how can he not be a great athlete?

Telekinsis

Mohann
09-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Good job putting me in my place. I feel really low... man.

Sorry dude, had to be done. And you did start it.

BurnerNYG
09-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Sorry dude, had to be done. And you did start it.I guess my sarcasm went over your head.

Hampton27 missed
09-23-2012, 07:29 PM
My son was born that weekend when we played the Ravens and that was like Eli's 3rd or 4th game. Eli got benched and Warner took the team right down the field and scored. Are you a Giants fan or just an Eli fan? Eli played great that year against Pittsburgh and The Dallas game showed his real potential. He carried that level of play on to the next season with a playoff appearance and a memorable regular season come from behind win against The Broncos.

Eli played very good against the Eagles and Cowboys especially. I guess you forgot about the miracle at the Linc back in 2006. The Giants over came a 21 point deficit with Plax catching the game winner in the back of the endzone as time expired. Eli was sacked 6 times in that game. So much for Eli not being tough enough for the NFL?

Glad to see you remembered the Pittsburgh game, they had the #1 defense that year when we put up 30+ points against them.

rebelfan1966
09-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Its funny watching the folks who wanted Eli ran out of town on a rail now clammering to climb up on his Wagon...... It has gone from start J-Load, We got shafted in the trade, He is Gomer, He is Goober, He Looks Mentally Reatarded, He has no fire, Rivers is much better, Ben is much better, Your a Homer if you think he's going to take this team anywhere, blah, blah, blah.......... to err, uhh, well, uh, hmmm, we never said that. We just said he was not playing well at the time, but we were perfectly OK with giving him time to develop. We knew all along how good he would be......HAHAHAHAHA.... But its all good now, water under the bridge, the trouble makers left the team, Eli developed, we brought in some good WRs and RBs to work with him, and our defense is awesome about half the time.... so Im just chillin and enjoying the games these days.

giantsfan420
09-24-2012, 01:31 AM
perfect description rebelfan

Mohann
09-24-2012, 01:37 AM
I guess my sarcasm went over your head.

No, I just ignored it. I'm impervious to sarcasm.

nygfanmaybe
09-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Its funny watching the folks who wanted Eli ran out of town on a rail now clammering to climb up on his Wagon...... It has gone from start J-Load, We got shafted in the trade, He is Gomer, He is Goober, He Looks Mentally Reatarded, He has no fire, Rivers is much better, Ben is much better, Your a Homer if you think he's going to take this team anywhere, blah, blah, blah.......... to err, uhh, well, uh, hmmm, we never said that. We just said he was not playing well at the time, but we were perfectly OK with giving him time to develop. We knew all along how good he would be......HAHAHAHAHA.... But its all good now, water under the bridge, the trouble makers left the team, Eli developed, we brought in some good WRs and RBs to work with him, and our defense is awesome about half the time.... so Im just chillin and enjoying the games these days.

Love it...but just a synopsis. What is also funny is that they don't even see the hilarity of their backtracking...which is a good thing, because if they did see how ridiculous they look every time they try to cover-up, they might stop...and we wouldn't want that, would we. I need the laughter, it's like medicine to me.

B-Red22
09-24-2012, 08:21 AM

this definatley made me laugh

burier
09-24-2012, 03:52 PM

This is the realest thing ever written.

Though I'm still pretty annoyed at how so few people are willing to own up to their Eli bashing. There are literally no Eli bashers left and if you try to identify one as such they swear, like you said, that "We knew he'd be great all along" its like we are all supposed to forget what this board was like after a loss between 04 and 07.

G.I. Ants
09-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Its funny watching the folks who wanted Eli ran out of town on a rail now clammering to climb up on his Wagon...... It has gone from start J-Load, We got shafted in the trade, He is Gomer, He is Goober, He Looks Mentally Reatarded, He has no fire, Rivers is much better, Ben is much better, Your a Homer if you think he's going to take this team anywhere, blah, blah, blah.......... to err, uhh, well, uh, hmmm, we never said that. We just said he was not playing well at the time, but we were perfectly OK with giving him time to develop. We knew all along how good he would be......HAHAHAHAHA.... But its all good now, water under the bridge, the trouble makers left the team, Eli developed, we brought in some good WRs and RBs to work with him, and our defense is awesome about half the time.... so Im just chillin and enjoying the games these days.I used to be one of those people who complained and b!tched about Eli for years because I didn't see them winning it all with him. My opinion changed in the 05 season, he played fantastic to start the year, and I finally seen his potential. That year, he had some impressive come from behind victories against Denver, Dallas and the Eagles. 2006 looked better but the team had the injury bug and the Tiki retirement distraction soured that season.

It took a while for me to warm up to the guy, but I am glad that I was wrong about his ability. I am also glad that so many NFL teams tend to beat themselves when playing us :)

yoeddy
09-24-2012, 04:21 PM

Well, I can honestly say that my belief in Eli (and Coughlin, for that matter) never wavered ever since he won the final game of his rookie season...

jax5338
09-24-2012, 04:40 PM

haha perfect.

they are all like randy quaid's character in the "major league" movie franchise. bash them to pieces when they are down and doubt everything they do and brush it off as luck or whatever, then jump on the pile and join in the victory celebration when they are champs agains. haha kinda pathetic.

blueomaha
09-24-2012, 05:46 PM
from all the heat and snickering by media and fans, he deserves every bit of luck he gets...keep on lucking up, Eli....

G-MENBK
09-24-2012, 05:58 PM
haha perfect.

they are all like randy quaid's character in the "major league" movie franchise. bash them to pieces when they are down and doubt everything they do and brush it off as luck or whatever, then jump on the pile and join in the victory celebration when they are champs agains. haha kinda pathetic.

Or how about Carl from ATHF?

"G-Men, you are the freakin' wind beneath my wings. Sometimes, I know, I know, I, I don't communicate how I feel, uh, when I scream 'you suck,' or 'fire Coughlin.' You know what I really mean is 'you golden champions, you must try harder and I believe in you, I have faith in you.'"

RichardMc
09-24-2012, 05:59 PM
You can't get your team to two Superbowls and execute two game winning drives in the NFL and chalk it up to luck. Bill Parcells says something like you win the close games because you are prepared it isn't just luck.