PDA

View Full Version : 15 int

Tuckit91
12-18-2011, 04:16 PM
15 int's so far this season..Thats still way to many.

ngk4567
12-18-2011, 04:20 PM

Old Eli has returned. Not his fault on half those int. Which way to go.

Idkaname
**** you
no qb in the league has carried their team the way eli has this year

Giantz4Life
That last INT is on Manningham. Kid has the IQ of a rock.

gmen0820
12-18-2011, 04:23 PM
It was an option route. Eli threw because of Manningham's assumed body language. There was no area for that ball with the defender back there anyway.

trenken311
12-18-2011, 04:29 PM
**** you

Eli is an INT machine. Im not sure thats ever going to change. Blablabla carried the team. That doesnt excuse the fact that he throws way too many INTs every year.

Giantz4Life
12-18-2011, 04:42 PM
It was an option route. Eli threw because of Manningham's assumed body language. There was no area for that ball with the defender back there anyway.

That being said Manningham still has the IQ of a ear of corn.

Down-lifer
12-18-2011, 04:44 PM
**** you
no qb in the league has carried their team the way eli has this year+1000!

rickeyb26
12-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Have you heard of a guy named A. rodgers?

Evo'Ed
12-18-2011, 04:47 PM
**** you

Yeah.......forgot about that guy in GB.

bashful
12-18-2011, 04:49 PM
You suck this post sucks!!
WGAS - look at what cost us the season NOT ELIS 15 INT

stormblue
12-18-2011, 04:49 PM

you can't accuse someone of having a low IQ
in the same sentence that you make reference to "a" ear of corn. it's "an" ear of corn.

what a maroon.

guerilla
12-18-2011, 04:54 PM

And do you remember 2 years ago when he had a horrible line? What was the Packers record again? What was his stat line?

Giantz4Life
12-18-2011, 04:54 PM

you can't accuse someone of having a low IQ
in the same sentence that you make reference to "a" ear of corn. it's "an" ear of corn.

what a maroon.

First off, I have been drinking rum all afternoon so lay off me grammar Nazi that I forgot to type "n". I am getting my MBA in March so hopefully that will make me feel better.

And....

There's something called the Wonderlic test that all NFL players take which is basically an IQ test, and Manningham scored a 6. Go Google to see what that means.

He also has been benched for running wrong routes numerous times.

Who's a maroon?

Zaggs
12-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Brees and Brady both had 11 coming into this week which isn't too far off. How come their teams are doing so much better then?

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 04:57 PM

That's a lot of words to simply agree that that pick was on Manningham.

Frankly it should be on the coaches because giving MM an option play is like asking a prescholler to choose dinner.

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
**** you

Eli is an INT machine. Im not sure thats ever going to change. Blablabla carried the team. That doesnt excuse the fact that he throws way too many INTs every year.

I didn't know they let kids on the board now.

Giantsrule1986
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
A. Rodgers has twice the talent Eli does and a heck of a better O-line. If Rodgers went down how many games would the Packers won, 8? 7? If Eli goes down how many game would we win? 1 maybe 2 if we were lucky. As a matter of fact i can't think of one game we would have won if we didn't have Eli can you? Name one game we won that we would have pulled out if we didn't have Eli.

jakegibbs
12-18-2011, 05:00 PM
**** you

Yeah.......forgot about that guy in GB.

YEAH & HE'S LOOKS LIKE CRAP TODAY TOO.

Harooni
12-18-2011, 05:01 PM
yes yes we know , no int is ever Eli';s fault . it is always excused away.

while its true some are becuase of miss communications , its still way too many for the career . and also some would be ints get dropped.

Eli imo has been much better this year with accuracy and overall play but he does take risks into doulbe coverage like that ware int.

scf424
12-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Yea, the first 2 INts are only Eli, and Ham/Eli can share the blame on the third.

Eli didn't play hot today, at all.

gmen0820
12-18-2011, 05:10 PM

Frankly it should be on the coaches because giving MM an option play is like asking a prescholler to choose dinner.That ball should have never been thrown. Manningham has exectuted that route plenty of time, and the fact the Wilson (I believe) read it so well, made Manningham hesitate because that back corner was occupied.

That being said, both are at fault.

TuckYou
12-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Eli has 10 INT in the last 7 games, with at least 1 pick in all. Giants were 2-5 in those games. The law of averages never fails.

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 05:14 PM

Frankly it should be on the coaches because giving MM an option play is like asking a prescholler to choose dinner.That ball should have never been thrown. Manningham has exectuted that route plenty of time, and the fact the Wilson (I believe) read it so well, made Manningham hesitate because that back corner was occupied.

C'mon man, you're smarter than this.

You know that ball goes up as soon as Manningham commits to the corner.

Once he does that it's his responsibility to either:

go fight for the ball

go attempt to defend

Giving up on the play and doing nothing nothing isn't one of the options.

TheReal_LT
12-18-2011, 05:15 PM

Old Eli has returned. Not his fault on half those int. Which way to go.

Old receivers have returned dropping passes, old team has returned playing down to the opponenet....Eli does not get a pass here but this loss is not all of his fault....this team sucks period.....and you cannot expect Eli to carry this team every game...this is not tennis....this is football a team sport....

giantsforce
12-18-2011, 05:16 PM
**** you
no qb in the league has carried their team the way eli has this yearYou are wrong. Tebow has and he has a better record than Eli. Tebow is 7-1 as a starter.

Giantz4Life
12-18-2011, 05:18 PM

go fight for the ball

go attempt to defend

Apparently I am not the only one who saw that play. Thanks Sarcasman.

bashful
12-18-2011, 05:18 PM
YOU ARE ALL TROLLS

See the forest beyond on the trees. He through 3 int that is not why we lost the game. It contributed we lost the game during the week when this god awful coaching staff again refused to make any changes or add wirnkles.
Breeze has 11 int but they keep winning - this team has no heart and no self discipline - coach staff responsible for that.
Eli tries too do it all himself when he sees the troll has no clude - the result INT I don't like them but that is not the reason we went 2-5.
OPEN YOUR EYES TROLLS

TheReal_LT
12-18-2011, 05:19 PM
**** you
no qb in the league has carried their team the way eli has this yearYou are wrong. Tebow has and he has a better record than Eli. Tebow is 7-1 as a starter.

Denver has a good defense....Do you think that Tebow would win with this defense?

bashful
12-18-2011, 05:22 PM
**** you

Denver has a good defense....Do you think that Tebow would win with this defense?

TEEBOW SUCKS

gmen0820
12-18-2011, 05:23 PM

go fight for the ball

go attempt to defend

Giving up on the play and doing nothing nothing isn't one of the options.I agree with all of that but I don't fault Manningham for trying to give up on a route that was sniffed out. I see both sides but I refuse to put it all on manning or ham.

And if Aikman never said it was not Eli's fault, everyone would be crucifying him, and let's not forget the heat Aikman got for saying Eli's pick to Arrington was his fault. So I also doubt the pretenses of this blame game.

jax5338
12-18-2011, 05:23 PM

go fight for the ball

go attempt to defend

even if it isnt completed, no way that should be a pick. manningham should be there and at least put up a fight for the ball. they shouldnt run timing routes to him IMO. he and eli have such an inconsistent chemistry.

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 05:25 PM
YOU ARE ALL TROLLS

See the forest beyond on the trees. He through 3 int that is not why we lost the game. It contributed we lost the game during the week when this god awful coaching staff again refused to make any changes or add wirnkles.
Breeze has 11 int but they keep winning - this team has no heart and no self discipline - coach staff responsible for that.
Eli tries too do it all himself when he sees the troll has no clude - the result INT I don't like them but that is not the reason we went 2-5.
OPEN YOUR EYES TROLLS

Don't post, son.

Every word you type embarrasses you further.

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 05:29 PM

go fight for the ball

go attempt to defend

Giving up on the play and doing nothing nothing isn't one of the options.I agree with all of that but I don't fault Manningham for trying to give up on a route that was sniffed out. I see both sides but I refuse to put it all on manning or ham.

And if Aikman never said it was not Eli's fault, everyone would be crucifying him, and let's not forget the heat Aikman got for saying Eli's pick to Arrington was his fault. So I also doubt the pretenses of this blame game.

OK, you don't blame MM for giving up on the play, that's your prerogative.

I don't listen to AIkman.

In fact, I don't understand at all why any football fan would believe they could learn something from listening to a TV announcer, but I guess there are some casual fans that watch that might need that.

CantBlameShockeyNow
12-18-2011, 05:30 PM

Thank you for being sober.

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 05:30 PM

go fight for the ball

go attempt to defend

even if it isnt completed, no way that should be a pick. manningham should be there and at least put up a fight for the ball. they shouldnt run timing routes to him IMO. he and eli have such an inconsistent chemistry.

MM doesn't really understand the pro game.

Good sandlot player though.....

jax5338
12-18-2011, 05:32 PM

go fight for the ball

go attempt to defend

MM doesn't really understand the pro game.

Good sandlot player though.....

eli looked bad today, but it was also just one of those days where he got nothing from his receivers. that nicks dropped TD still makes me cringe. DBs making great plays on his thorws to get picks brought me back to last year. must be nice.

gmen0820
12-18-2011, 05:35 PM

go fight for the ball

go attempt to defend

In fact, I don't understand at all why any football fan would believe they could learn something from listening to a TV announcer, but I guess there are some casual fans that watch that might need that.Giving up on the play? He switched the route, Eli threw the ball and he hustled over there. Ham made his decision which is what you do on an option route and Eli threw it to the contrary.

Ham shouldn't be at fault at all, only reason I give him any blame is because the route he had the option to run ended in a crucial turnover.

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 05:43 PM

go fight for the ball

go attempt to defend

In fact, I don't understand at all why any football fan would believe they could learn something from listening to a TV announcer, but I guess there are some casual fans that watch that might need that.Giving up on the play? He switched the route, Eli threw the ball and he hustled over there. Ham made his decision which is what you do on an option route and Eli threw it to the contrary.

Ham shouldn't be at fault at all, only reason I give him any blame is because the route he had the option to run ended in a crucial turnover.

What pro receiver would be clueless enough to think you can switch your decision while the ball's in the air on an option play after making the initial decision?

Oh wait.....I got ya.

bashful
12-18-2011, 05:44 PM
YOU ARE ALL TROLLS

OPEN YOUR EYES TROLLS

Don't post, son.

REALLY

bashful
YOU ARE ALL TROLLS

OPEN YOUR EYES TROLLS

Don't post, son.

REALLY

bashful
YOU ARE ALL TROLLS

OPEN YOUR EYES TROLLS

Don't post, son.

REALLY
You must be the head troll because you obviously don't have a clue.

gmen0820
12-18-2011, 05:45 PM

go fight for the ball

go attempt to defend

What pro receiver would be clueless enough to think you can switch your decision while the ball's in the air on an option play after making the initial decision?

Oh wait.....I got ya.How do you know his initial decision? As far as I'm concerned he might have sold that back corner fade (successfully if that was the motive).

Oh wait I got you, you do know.

foosball
12-18-2011, 05:53 PM
When quarterbacks play from behind they tend to throw more interceptions. That's your answer.

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 05:54 PM

go fight for the ball

go attempt to defend

Oh wait.....I got ya.How do you know his initial decision? As far as I'm concerned he might have sold that back corner fade (successfully if that was the motive).

OK.

So now you're saying he tricked everyone by selling the back corner move and since he was the only one in on it no one actually knew he was selling the corner route, not actually running it.

And - here's the genius part - he tricked everyone, including his own team so he had Eli believing he was actually running the corner route instead of simply tricking everyone into thinking he was running the corner route and he did such a good job of it that tricked his QB into throwing the ball to the corner which he had no intention of going to.

Thanks for the clarification.

jgrangers11
12-18-2011, 06:02 PM
**** you

I'd say it's far more the other way around with Tebow. The team generally carries HIM for the first 55 minutes or so. Look at today's game for instance. He's 2-6 throwing the ball yet his team has scored on both drives so far and is moving the ball again.

gmen0820
12-18-2011, 06:07 PM

go fight for the ball

go attempt to defend

OK.

So now you're saying he tricked everyone by selling the back corner move and since he was the only one in on it no one actually knew he was selling the corner route, not actually running it.

And - here's the genius part - he tricked everyone, including his own team so he had Eli believing he was actually running the corner route instead of simply tricking everyone into thinking he was running the corner route and he did such a good job of it that tricked his QB into throwing the ball to the corner which he had no intention of going to.

Thanks for the clarification.That is a lot of words to say he sold a route and Eli threw the wrong pass, which is what I would call a cause for reasonable doubt, which makes me reluctant to only blame Ham.

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 06:15 PM

go fight for the ball

go attempt to defend

OK.

Thanks for the clarification.That is a lot of words to say he sold a route and Eli threw the wrong pass, which is what I would call a cause for reasonable doubt, which makes me reluctant to only blame Ham.

Well, it does take a lot to track your ever changing story.

You could have simply said that from the start and we could have agreed to disagree.

No one - well, no one with any brains anyway - thinks Eli is blameless here. He threw 3 picks and frankly played like crap today.

If you want to blame this pick on him as well, go ahead...it doesn't matter.

The fact that it was MM's fault doesn't change the final score or the stat lines.

barran21
12-18-2011, 06:17 PM
**** you

STFU ****** without Eli this is a 2 win team, the defense is so bad they can't even beat Rex Grossman...

TuckYou
12-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Eli turned back into a pumpkin. I didn't want it to happen again, but here it is, like I said from week 1. Slightly above average qb. He has games like this every year that great qbs just don't have. But it all isn't on Eli. This coaching staff is completely full of hot air. Can't wait till we clean house this offseason.

RobCarpenter
12-18-2011, 07:18 PM
Eli turned back into a pumpkin. I didn't want it to happen again, but here it is, like I said from week 1. Slightly above average qb. He has games like this every year that great qbs just don't have. But it all isn't on Eli. This coaching staff is completely full of hot air. Can't wait till we clean house this offseason.</P>

Eli did not have a good game today, no doubt....but when Eli starts carrying this team again and gets back to having a very nice to terrific career, don't try to act like you're on teh E train. Stay true to your colors.</P>

Gmen2005
12-18-2011, 07:20 PM
It is a lot....He's been throwing at least 1 a game recently, he needs to fix this, no excuses anymore.

TuckYou
12-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Eli turned back into a pumpkin. I didn't want it to happen again, but here it is, like I said from week 1. Slightly above average qb. He has games like this every year that great qbs just don't have. But it all isn't on Eli. This coaching staff is completely full of hot air. Can't wait till we clean house this offseason.</P>

Eli did not have a good game today, no doubt....but when Eli starts carrying this team again and gets back to having a very nice to terrific career, don't try to act like you're on teh E train.* Stay true to your colors.</P>

No problem. This is what I have been saying all year. Let the season play out. Eli always.struggles down the stretch of.the season. He was having a great year sure, but he now has 10 ints the last 7 games. Gilbrides system is not good for one playing in the meadowlands in December. Too much passing in bad weather.

jax5338
12-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Eli turned back into a pumpkin. I didn't want it to happen again, but here it is, like I said from week 1. Slightly above average qb. He has games like this every year that great qbs just don't have. But it all isn't on Eli. This coaching staff is completely full of hot air. Can't wait till we clean house this offseason.

this is true but you can also make the claim that once again he wasnt getting much help. im not saying he didnt stink today. but nicks catches that TD early on, we dont have penalties to negate late scores, and we might of had a shot. the past few years every time something bad happens it seems to hurt eli the most. tipped balls, penalties, drops, etc. i mean, how did otogwe come up with that pick? best catch hell ever make. how did nicks drop that TD? probably worst drop hell ever make. both were killers for eli. really basic plays in which freak stuff happens and it reflects him poorly.

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 07:38 PM

Wow, I am impressed.

Very few fans are secure enough to proclaim that they've been wrong about something since week 1.

Nice going, man.

bashful
12-18-2011, 07:42 PM

Wow, I am impressed.

Very few fans are secure enough to proclaim that they've been wrong about something since week 1.

Nice going, man.

Like AAron Rogres, Big Ben, Brees. ETC YOU FOOLD

TuckYou
12-18-2011, 08:06 PM

Wow, I am impressed.

Nice going, man.

Prove me wrong. Yes, Eli is probably the greatest Giants qb of all time, but he is barely top 10 in the league. Horrible game today, but like I said, he didn't get much help. He has to.stop forcing throws. 7 straight games with INTs , 10 ints on 7 games. 2-5 record. Now 15 ints on the year, way too much.

Zaggs
12-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Eli has 10 INT in the last 7 games, with at least 1 pick in all. Giants were 2-5 in those games. The law of averages never fails.

And he had 5 int's in the first 6 games. Of the 10 in the last 7, 6 come from just 2 games. Not one of those games did Eli throw less than 35 passes. So again, if Eli has to be perfect for the Giants to win, doesn't that say more about the rest of the team than Eli? Not saying he didn't have a bad game today. But if other QB's can have multiple interceptions in a game, and their teams win, why can't Eli?

Harooni
12-18-2011, 08:37 PM

And he had 5 int's in the first 6 games. Of the 10 in the last 7, 6 come from just 2 games. Not one of those games did Eli throw less than 35 passes. So again, if Eli has to be perfect for the Giants to win, doesn't that say more about the rest of the team than Eli? Not saying he didn't have a bad game today. But if other QB's can have multiple interceptions in a game, and their teams win, why can't Eli?

kurt warner had 2 ints in 7 games back in 2004 didnt stop the eli bunch from wanting him benched now did it?

point being its about perception when eli throws 2tds and 1 int you guys say he is carrying the team when big ben or romo does it you say they are surrounded by a good team.

now that said i do think Eli has been the QB we hoped for this year (just not today)

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 08:38 PM

Wow, I am impressed.

Nice going, man.

Prove me wrong. Yes, Eli is probably the greatest Giants qb of all time, but he is barely top 10 in the league. Horrible game today, but like I said, he didn't get much help. He has to.stop forcing throws. 7 straight games with INTs , 10 ints on 7 games. 2-5 record. Now 15 ints on the year, way too much.

You started out with "slightly above average" and have already waffled back to "barely top 10" if I wait long enough you'll probably get it right eventually.

Besides, I don't need to prove you wrong, the stats are all there for everyone to check if they want. That way you won't have to be mad at me when the stats prove you wrong.

If your week 1 prediction was that despite having one of the best QBs in the league - better than 75% - 85% of the league, in fact - the Giants would still suck and likely not make the playoffs...then you were right.

If not, then you would appear to just be another guy on a message board with a facile understanding of the game who looks for simple scapegoats to assuage his impotent rage over his team's crappy play.

Of course, it could also be both....

Zaggs
12-18-2011, 08:50 PM

kurt warner had 2 ints in 7 games back in 2004 didnt stop the eli bunch from wanting him benched now did it?

point being its about perception when eli throws 2tds and 1 int you guys say he is carrying the team when big ben or romo does it you say they are surrounded by a good team.

now that said i do think Eli has been the QB we hoped for this year (just not today)

2004? Really?
But lets see. The Giants have played in 14 games this year. How many of them did they have the leading rusher? 4. Yet Eli has I believe tied the record for most 400 yard passing games in a season with Marino and Unitas. The Giants have 13 non Eli rushing touchdowns, with 25 passing touchdowns. This year alone Eli has had 7 game winning or game tying drives in the final minutes. So I think thats what people are looking at when they say Eli is carrying the team.
Plus you dont see other teams top receivers dropping passes ala the Giants corp.

Harooni
12-18-2011, 08:57 PM
2004? Really?
But lets see. The Giants have played in 14 games this year. How many of them did they have the leading rusher? 4. Yet Eli has I believe tied the record for most 400 yard passing games in a season with Marino and Unitas. The Giants have 13 non Eli rushing touchdowns, with 25 passing touchdowns. This year alone Eli has had 7 game winning or game tying drives in the final minutes. So I think thats what people are looking at when they say Eli is carrying the team.
Plus you dont see other teams top receivers dropping passes ala the Giants corp.

im not disagreeing that eli has had a awesome year so far, what i am saying is that you fans love to see the 4th qtr but miss the other 3 like today we had this game in the first qtr.(not elis fault the drop) and gilbride was really to blame.

didnt rodgers have 5 -6 drops on him playing us? it happens he still went on to throw 4 td's dispite being flushed out of the pocket constantly.

scf424
12-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Doesn't help that every play being called is so damn predictable.

We have like 4 formations and 7 plays total.

Zaggs
12-18-2011, 09:17 PM
2004? Really?

im not disagreeing that eli has had a awesome year so far, what i am saying is that you fans love to see the 4th qtr but miss the other 3 like today we had this game in the first qtr.(not elis fault the drop) and gilbride was really to blame.

didnt rodgers have 5 -6 drops on him playing us? it happens he still went on to throw 4 td's dispite being flushed out of the pocket constantly.

Yeah, the other 3 quarters where Killdrive wants to have a balanced attack, the running game is garbage, the defense doesn't know where to go, they fall behind and the only thing left to do is pass.
My point was more to why people say Eli is carrying the team, because he is. The running game is garbage because the line is garbage.
With Rodgers, yeah, Jennings would drop a pass, but Nelson would catch the next one after breaking coverage. How many times do Giants receivers break coverage?

TuckYou
12-18-2011, 09:19 PM

Wow, I am impressed.

Nice going, man.

You started out with "slightly above average" and have already waffled back to "barely top 10" if I wait long enough you'll probably get it right eventually.

Besides, I don't need to prove you wrong, the stats are all there for everyone to check if they want. That way you won't have to be mad at me when the stats prove you wrong.

If your week 1 prediction was that despite having one of the best QBs in the league - better than 75% - 85% of the league, in fact - the Giants would still suck and likely not make the playoffs...then you were right.

If not, then you would appear to just be another guy on a message board with a facile understanding of the game who looks for simple scapegoats to assuage his impotent rage over his team's crappy play.

Slightly above average is about 10th ranking in the NFL, which is where I believe Eli to be. Yes he was having a great season, but now he is going back to his normal style. Forcing throws, under throwing, ect. These INTs are killing him and the team. But the drops do as well. Not putting all the blame on him, as hq has been carrying the giants this year, but he is starting to wobble down the stretch, again. 10 ints in last 7 games.

jgrangers11
12-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Slightly above average is about 10th ranking in the NFL, which is where I believe Eli to be. Yes he was having a great season, but now he is going back to his normal style. Forcing throws, under throwing, ect. These INTs are killing him and the team. But the drops do as well. Not putting all the blame on him, as hq has been carrying the giants this year, but he is starting to wobble down the stretch, again. 10 ints in last 7 games.

So I'd assume you can name 10 QBs better than him? Eli is one of the few reasons why this team is even in the race at this point. Our rushing attack has been the worst in the NFL, our defense is one of the worst and this team is often in positions where teams KNOW we're going to pass. Consider that he started the day 0-6 on two plays where he was rushed and had to throw it away, two drops and another play that could have easily been pass interference. At some point, the guy needs some help.

NYGRealityCheck
12-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Blame or no blame, he's credited with the INTs statistically on paper and record. There's no Error stat in football.
But when there's no choice to but chuck the football, he takes a big sack on 4th down... that was just puzzling. 3 INTs and he refused to throw the ball on 4th down and took a sack. That's still a turnover Eli....

Morehead State
12-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Eli has been great all year. Today was not his best but the loss was definately not on him. This was a horrible performance by the entire team.</P>

15 picks given the nature of our offense and given the O line insn't bad at all.</P>

And that comes from what some dopes consider an "Eli hater".</P>

Sarcasman
12-18-2011, 09:55 PM

Wow, I am impressed.

Nice going, man.

OK, with 32 teams in the league slightly better than average would be around 15th, but why quibble.....

I'm not disagreeing with you that his play could and should improve as the season winds down and the rest of the team goes completely into the tank, I just think it's silly to point out the one guy on the team who clearly isn't the problem this year.....

Slunk3AM
12-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Eli has been great all year.* Today was not his best but the loss was definately not on him.* This was a horrible performance by the entire team.</P>

15 picks given the nature of our offense and given the O line insn't bad at all.</P>

And that comes from what some dopes consider an "Eli hater".</P>

+1