PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Philips loses major weight!!! (However much $30k weighs)

Ruttiger711
09-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Just reported on Sirius that KP is hit with a $30k fine for his hit on Vincent Jackson

NYG4lifeNYK
09-21-2012, 04:20 PM
I thought you meant actual body weight.... should change the 30k to $30k so people like myself aren't misinformed and confused.

ny06
09-21-2012, 04:20 PM
That's just awful, I understand the rules of the game and my opinion is I hate what they are doing to this great game.
I guess the NFL wanted Phillips to wait for Vincent Jackson to catch the football and make a football move, before he is allowed to hit him.

manning to shockey
09-21-2012, 04:28 PM
that pop woke up the team so it was money well spent.

Giants5699
09-21-2012, 04:29 PM
The Giants should cover the expense.

burier
09-21-2012, 04:29 PM
KP said he will appeal

Ruttiger711
09-21-2012, 04:31 PM
That's just awful, I understand the rules of the game and my opinion is I hate what they are doing to this great game.
I guess the NFL wanted Phillips to wait for Vincent Jackson to catch the football and make a football move, before he is allowed to hit him.

I mean it sounds like a joke but thats EXACTLY what they're saying. How that ever made it through the competion committee is amazing.

Giants5699
09-21-2012, 04:36 PM
So essentially, they want the defense to not play defense and wait until the receiver catches the ball, makes 10 moves, and then you can hit them. How long before sacks become completely outlawed? May as well just play flag football.

mikeq6722
09-21-2012, 04:43 PM
I thought you meant actual body weight.... should change the 30k to $30k so people like myself aren't misinformed and confused.

It was common sense, it required little thought to determine what he was talking about. Even if you thought it was weight, did you expect that k to stand for kilograms? So you thought Phillips lost almost 70 pounds? Most people dont randomly lose 35% of their body weight.

Ruttiger711
09-21-2012, 04:48 PM
It was common sense, it required little thought to determine what he was talking about. Even if you thought it was weight, did you expect that k to stand for kilograms? So you thought Phillips lost almost 70 pounds? Most people dont randomly lose 35% of their body weight.

Just for the record - I didnt change the title either, a mod must have thought it was confusing as well. WOW!

NYG4lifeNYK
09-21-2012, 04:50 PM

Um, no it is not common sense.

Could of been a freak situation and with the !!! in the topic title it makes it seem very dramatic.

Ruttiger711
09-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Um, no it is not common sense.

Could of been a freak situation and with the !!! in the topic title it makes it seem very dramatic.

This freak situation would have probably required losing his legs and the better part of an arm.... come on man.... just a TAD of common sense...

The_ One
09-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Flag football is just around the corner.

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 05:57 PM
it's consistent with the other fines they've handed out for similar hits.

that's how the ball rolls these days.

jomo
09-21-2012, 06:00 PM
it's consistent with the other fines they've handed out for similar hits.

that's how the ball rolls these days.It's rolling bad these days CDN. Pretty soon the defenders will have to yield right of way. That was a great and legal play by KP.

Harooni
09-21-2012, 06:03 PM
I really don't get this defenseless receiver thing, You used to be able to pop the guy as the ball was getting there, if you did it too soon it was PI penalty. I really dislike Goodell and what he is turning the nfl into.

ShakeandBake
09-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Goodell is ruining the game of football, it must be hard playing as a defensive back these days

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Does anyone have a video of the hit he is being fined for?

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 06:12 PM
i know what you're all saying, but none of you are gonna stop watching the giants because of the new rules.

you can't hate them if you want, it obviously your right, but Goodell will be facing law suits and will have to protect the future of the game (or at least look like he is), because over the next few years there's gonna be a BUNCH of players coming out talking about post career health complications

The NFL loses no fans or viewers putting the new rules in place, and mitigates all of those other risks.

i'd probably do the same thing if i were in his shoes.

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Also, I believe the hit that took out Sean Lee was legal as well, wasnt a crack back block and even though his head slid up and made some contact with his head it started low first. Even Lee said it was a great block.

Tate shouldn't have celebrated but should not have been fined 21K. What happened to starting the fines low and the more they continue the higher the fine? 30k for a hit is ridiculous!

ShakeandBake
09-21-2012, 06:18 PM
i know what you're all saying, but none of you are gonna stop watching the giants because of the new rules.

you can't hate them if you want, it obviously your right, but Goodell will be facing law suits and will have to protect the future of the game (or at least look like he is), because over the next few years there's gonna be a BUNCH of players coming out talking about post career health complications

The NFL loses no fans or viewers putting the new rules in place, and mitigates all of those other risks.

i'd probably do the same thing if i were in his shoes.

That's the whole point, if he continues to go in this direction he will lose viewers. I can only speak for myself but I do not like the direction in which he is headed, and I will not watch touch/flag football.

22for25
09-21-2012, 06:23 PM
Um, no it is not common sense.Could of been a freak situation and with the !!! in the topic title it makes it seem very dramatic.Lol. No it was very easy to understand and you dident. It's ok bro, reading comprehition is not for you, and that is fine.

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 06:28 PM
That's the whole point, if he continues to go in this direction he will lose viewers. I can only speak for myself but I do not like the direction in which he is headed, and I will not watch touch/flag football.

i know people say that, but they won't stop.

if you do, you won't be the rule, you'll be the exception.

he's got bigger legal fish to fry. these rules are HATED by players and fans, and the NFL doesn't see any financial downside to them at all.

why should they change them? Its like the boy that cryed wolf.

ps: i respect anyone that uses their wallet to make a point. i've did that with my local hockey team for YEARS (won't even watch games, tv contracts and ad revenue means watching from home is support too).

mikeq6722
09-21-2012, 07:00 PM
I love those helmet to helmet defensive receiver calls. Its a giant contradiction. If the receiver was defenseless, he wouldnt be able to lower his head before the hit. Lowering his head and bracing himself for the hit means he is able to defend himself.

ShakeandBake
09-21-2012, 07:06 PM
i know people say that, but they won't stop.

if you do, you won't be the rule, you'll be the exception.

he's got bigger legal fish to fry. these rules are HATED by players and fans, and the NFL doesn't see any financial downside to them at all.

why should they change them? Its like the boy that cryed wolf.

ps: i respect anyone that uses their wallet to make a point. i've did that with my local hockey team for YEARS (won't even watch games, tv contracts and ad revenue means watching from home is support too).

Yeah you're probably right about the majority of viewers, I understand they have to protect people's heads now, but some of these rules are ridiculous. You can't hit a receiver now to breakup a pass which completely changes how defense is played, which was my favorite part of football. Big hits are no longer part of the game, they are shortening the field with longer kicks, and the NFL is starting to look more and more like Arena Football.