PDA

View Full Version : Manningham and Jacobs

Eli TO Shockey
09-21-2012, 04:53 PM
Andre Brown, Ramses Barden.

thats all I got to say...

This is what happens when you draft well....you let guys go and get overpaid elsewhere, only to find replacements already on your roster. happens every year....

IN REESE I TRUST!!

miked1958
09-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Andre Brown, Ramses Barden. thats all I got to say...This is what happens when you draft well....you let guys go and get overpaid elsewhere, only to find replacements already on your roster. happens every year....IN REESE I TRUST!!Yep, seems like the giants have a knack for finding talent on their own roster

The_ One
09-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Eli makes them talented, Eli just makes everyone better.

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 06:03 PM
both manningham and jacobs have character issues as far as i'm concerned, i may be the only fan that was happy to see both of them go.

i'd rather take blue collar guys like brown and Barden........

Harooni
09-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Eli makes them talented, Eli just makes everyone better. yeah the way he hands that ball off, its a thing of beauty , in fact they should add all the rb yards to elis total as well.

jomo
09-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Now if we can just apply this talent in drafting OL, we'll be good to go.

Eli TO Shockey
09-21-2012, 06:12 PM
yeah the way he hands that ball off, its a thing of beauty , in fact they should add all the rb yards to elis total as well.

You can argue the passing game opens up the running game ;)

Mohann
09-21-2012, 06:15 PM
yeah the way he hands that ball off, its a thing of beauty , in fact they should add all the rb yards to elis total as well.
He does read the D and switch to the best play. This puts the RB's in the best play for the D, so he does help them. This is one of the reasons that stats don't tell the whole story.

Eli TO Shockey
09-21-2012, 06:17 PM
both manningham and jacobs have character issues as far as i'm concerned, i may be the only fan that was happy to see both of them go.

i'd rather take blue collar guys like brown and Barden........

Neither of them had any off field problems. Neither were considered locker room distractions. Jacobs had a few bonehead penalties but that's it. Don't see where your coming from with this one CDN

CDN_G-FAN
09-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Neither of them had any off field problems. Neither were considered locker room distractions. Jacobs had a few bonehead penalties but that's it. Don't see where your coming from with this one CDN

i thought jacobs was a distraction. is mouth was a liability not an asset, those last couple years he was whiny about his carries, manningham always looked like he got mopey when he didn't get enough targets and dropped the ball more than i like.

this is just a personal opinion. like i said, probably the only fan happy to see both of them go. they both contributed in their own way to our success, but we cut ties with them at the right time.

both didn't find immediate top paying homes on the FA market, so to a certain extent other teams saw some of this too, especially with manningham.

Laurah1275
09-21-2012, 06:26 PM
Eli makes them talented, Eli just makes everyone better. +1 I truly believe this. I truly believe Eli just makes everyone better. Seems like it's just who he is, automatic in his personality. He's one of those people that everyone should have at least one of in their lives. :)

poppa smurph
09-21-2012, 06:28 PM
this thread made me smile, almost as big as when I checked out the stats during last nights game at around half.
didn't get to watch the game live, got it dvr'd to watch tonight.
so happy for the young guys, Barden especially. kids got a level head and no prima Dona about him, that I've seen anyhow.
gonna be a stress free weekend folks!! enjoy!

Eli TO Shockey
09-21-2012, 06:29 PM
this thread made me smile, almost as big as when I checked out the stats during last nights game at around half.
didn't get to watch the game live, got it dvr'd to watch tonight.
so happy for the young guys, Barden especially. kids got a level head and no prima Dona about him, that I've seen anyhow.
gonna be a stress free weekend folks!! enjoy!

SMURFY!!!!!!!!!!

Tmurda1984
09-21-2012, 06:55 PM
+1 I truly believe this. I truly believe Eli just makes everyone better. Seems like it's just who he is, automatic in his personality. He's one of those people that everyone should have at least one of in their lives. :)

Yea Eli is an amazing QB and leader on this team. All the player on our team has a strong bond and wants to play hard for Eli. If funny that the original poster has Mario Manningham's name on the title, what is he suppose to do with a QB like Alex Smith who is nowhere near Eli's level. Michael Crabtree was one of the highest rated players coming out the draft and Nicks is completely owning him as well. Is this a coincidence? Or is it because we have a QB like Eli. Undrafted Victor Cruz is even looking better than Crabtree as well. And what about a Jake Ballard...who was he? and how did he perform to the level that he did making game winning grabs and being a focal point of the offense.

The answer is smacking yall right in the face. You look at that number 10 jersey and thats the reason why everything is gelling together offensively. Lets Hope the Eli Manning Era lasts us eternity.